Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 10:25 PM   #16  
Hollywood Homebody

good evening everyone!

well it's slightly cooler today. probably only 100 but the weatherman said it should be in the 80s near the the end of the week. i can't believe i'm praying for 80s! i'm such a wimp. i love winter. bring it on!

karen -- are you the one who goes to curves? do you have any info on that? i'm moving closer to one and i was considering it. how much does it cost? i've heard you can pay per session or per year. or maybe it was per month. i can't remember. must be getting old!

rabbit -- you're so brave. i'm such a baby. i have this problem with one of my teeth where it's hypersensitive to anything cold passing over it. i've been chewing on the right side of my mouth since last december because i don't want to go to the dentist he's pretty sure it's just a tiny crack in the tooth that needs to be sealed up. i should just go and have it done already!!

lauren -- i'm glad everything is going well with the baby! i hope you get your doctor/midwife situation worked out. it is such a drag when you don't feel you're getting the answers you need. doctors get so jaded after the years go on, i would imagine. it's too bad, really.

liz -- your weekend sounds great! i've never been fishing. i can't even kill a spider, let alone a fish but some friends of mine go every weekend practically. they can't get enough of it!

as for me, i ate too much pasta today. i'm on carb overload! i just couldn't bear eating hot foods this weekend so i made a cold pasta salad which i finished for dinner tonight. tomorrow it's back to the hot proteins.

hope you're all doing well and having a great evening. back to packing for me. i'll be moving a week from thursday. i can't wait!
Old 09-04-2002, 05:08 AM   #17  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!
Well, she was quiet all night last night and let me sleep!!!Monday night, DH made me roll over cuz she was pushing on his back soo much...HELLO>>>she is moving through me and hitting him soo now can he see why I am soo restless??????

Lauren--I started playing online with a BabiesRUS registry and got me some receiving blankets!!!That is it!!!Now I know I should move on the nursery if U have started it already!!!

Everyone else...HELOO!!!!!Got to get to work!!!!!
RR
Old 09-04-2002, 07:28 AM   #18  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

[RR- Uh, yeah, I think you better get moving!! Actually, didn't you already order nursery furniture awhile back? So you're getting there, you just don't have it set up! Imagine how quickly the next few months are gonna go?! The holiday's usually fly by anyway, and with the babies coming, they're gonna go even faster!! My counter is at 4m12d today, which means you should be around 3 1/2 months, right?!

LA- I am a member of Curves too. I think it's a great program, but I've been to sick/lazy/tired to go more than a couple times since I've been PG! It's $39/mo. if you sign a contract for a year and have it taken out of your account. It's $49./mo. if you pay as you go, which I wish I had done.

Karen- DH and I talked a little about the midwife and he thinks it's for people who live in the sticks, or people like my SIL's sister, who is popping anyday, if she didn't already, with #9!! I think a lot of people are misinformed that way. But I knew that's how he'd feel. I just asked him to go with me and hear what she has to say. He's worried about not having a doctor there to check the baby (notice he's worried about the baby, not me!!) I assured him that the pediatrician will be there for the baby when he's born. We still have to find one of those too!! (Man, all these things...) A Doula is the other person your Sis had. I think it's a great idea for someone that maybe doesn't have a good support system with DH/family, or someone like your Sis who just likes to be spoiled. My DH would be totally offended, I think, if I chose to have a Doula!!

Rabbit- Ouch!! That's sounds painful! What kind of soup did you make? DH and I bought some on sale in the store last night, but he had some Italian Wedding Soup at work one day and he wants to make that. It sounded good.

Have a great day all!!
Old 09-04-2002, 08:04 AM   #19  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

I can't believe it's September! The weather is still really nice here but I know winter is coming and I hate winter. Oh well. I haven't gotten on the scale in a few days and I'm trying to stay off for a week or so (we'll see how that works.) I know the scale keeps me in line but I become a slave to the scale sometimes and can dictate my mood for the day which is okay when the number is good but it's silly. I have to weigh regularily because I'm one of those people who can stay off the scale, gain weight and convince myself that my pants are tight because they shrunk in the wash!!

Lauren - I totally understand what you're saying about the doctor/midwife thing. I don't know anyone here that used a midwife but most of my friends had really good doctors who listened to them and took the time to talk to them, especially when it was their first baby. I worry about that too. I'm like you kind of traditional but I like the midwife idea for the compassion I think they have. I think a doctor/midwife together would be the best. Good Luck!

Rabbit - glad you're feeling okay. I had a root canal last year (actually two) and I was told I really need a crown on one but I've been putting it off - how bad is it??

LA - I heard how hot it was there and I hope it cools down soon. We both need to go to the dentist!! I also have very sensitive teeth to the cold and one time it was because I needed a root canal so I hope that's not the case for me again! It's not as bad as people say but it's not exactly fun.

Liz - that sounds like a such a great day for your birthday and I love The Baby Story too - always cry at the end!!

Hi to everyone I've missed!

Have a great day,
Elisa
Old 09-04-2002, 01:09 PM   #20  

hello.

I've been reading "The Swarzebean Principle" (spelling?? ). It's one of the books I picked up after reading about several different low-carb plans - there are lots. Anyway, it's very interesting and I'm learning alot. May try this for awhile.

Karen - funny about your sil story!

LA - I had braces for a couple years - got them off last January - so I'm used to it.

RR - have fun preparing for the little one. You've got lots of time!

Lauren - 9 kids! Whoa. ~ I made chicken noodle soup.

Elisa - oh it wasn't so bad. I couldn't feel anything, so I thought I should just relax.

Have a great day.

Rabbit
Old 09-04-2002, 02:38 PM   #21  
Hollywood Homebody

hello everybody!

i'm depressed today. i haven't lost a single pound in 8 days! although if i want to look on the bright side, i haven't gained a single pound either. and TOM is next week so that's not going to help either. but the good news is my weight seems to drop most in the 2 weeks after TOM so we'll see! plus i'll be moving next week. more exercise

lauren -- thanks for the info on curves. $49 is definitely a lot for me right now. the new house i'm moving into has higher rent than i pay now. i'm going to have to start cost cutting but i'll keep it in mind for future reference after i have an idea of what i can and can't spend!

elisa -- the first dentist i saw wanted to do a root canal. but i got a second opinion and he's pretty sure it's just a tiny crack in the tooth and a root canal isn't necessary. i should just go and have him fill it in and hopefully that will solve the problem. it's just one tooth that has this problem. but i can't go eating and drinking everything on the right side of my mouth for the rest of my life!

well time to walk the doggie and make lunch. i hope everybody is having a wonderful day!
Old 09-04-2002, 03:52 PM   #22  
LBH

Hey LA, you may want to give Curves in your area a call, just to see if it's the same price. Probably since you're in a pretty expensive area, but I'm in NJ, so is Karen, and everything usually is more expensive here.
Old 09-04-2002, 05:04 PM   #23  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. Well, it's been some day. I figured out this morning that I am officially two weeks late for TOM. Of course I panicked, made myself sick worrying. I ran out at lunch and bought a test. It says negative, but I'm still late. I called and made an appt with the doctor but it's next week. I made myself so sick that I almost skipped Curves. Then I decided that nope, I was gonna go. I felt better afterwards so I'm glad I went. Sure hope you guys have kept your germs to yourselves!!

Lauren: You are so informed!! One of my SIL's friends is a nurse/midwife and they really do a lot of training. It has been three years that I know of this girl has been training and I don't think she is done yet. There IS a doctor available, it's not like you are in the middle of the woods with no medical assistance

OK, DH is home now so I gotta go tell him the yucky news.
Old 09-04-2002, 05:41 PM   #24  
LBH

LOLOL!! Hope those evil PG germs didn't make it down to you!!
Old 09-04-2002, 08:14 PM   #25  

Lauren, Midwifes are pretty popular around here because they have more 'feelings' than most of the DR's. We've also got a birthing clinic that is wonderful. Have had several friends deliver babies there.

Rabbit: I'm trying to do better about lowering the carbs! Its so hard!!!!

No loss to report - but no gain either!, jul
Old 09-05-2002, 05:06 AM   #26  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!

Lauren--My MD group doesnt have a midwife...I have heard only good things about them and I am sure if something was not in order they would refer U to the MD available...I am a wimp, soo I am sticking with the MD, the Hospital and the Epidural!!!!
I have a Breast feeding class to go to soon and then one on recognizing the s/s of labor...Dh says, I will know!!!The only problems I am having is the nose bleeds daily but other than that, all is well!!!!!

Karen--Keep us posted!!!!!!

Jul-Hurray on the no gain!!!!That is always an accomplishment considereing your schedule!!!!

Take care!!!
RR
Old 09-05-2002, 09:26 AM   #27  

Hi guys, haven't had much time to post lately but HAVE been spying o you so here comes;
Lauren-
I don't have kids myself but as far as I know, having a midwife over at a birth is smt that's been done a lot in the Netherlands, and we are considered way up front with that sort of thing. People seem to like the idea of giving birth at home, and only when things are getting out of hand (which is fairly rare) are they being transported to hospital. Epidurals, which almost everyone uses with you as far as I know, are avoided whenever possible, partly because they're considered weenie and unnessesary, and partly because they could cause damage to the spine. Here in Greece lots of doctors prefer cesareans, and they happen a lot more than elsewhere in Europe, because in private hospitals it's more profitable (so more $$$ gained), and in public because they are faster. Every country seems to have ts preferences for giving birth(!).

This for now I am very busy so see you later, grouphuggie to all!

P.S. am also a little depressed. Have realized that my relationship is going nowhere (well, maybe down the drain, that is), so might break off. Am also very pissed about this. Program is ok, gym is ok, Hurray for that at least!

Vassiliki, the Greek Menace
Old 09-05-2002, 01:19 PM   #28  
Hollywood Homebody

good morning ladies!

so excited, i finally lost a pound. one tiny little pound in 9 days but at least the scale is moving again!

gotta get back to work, but i wanted to stop by and wish everyone a fine thursday morning. i can't believe how fast this week is going by!
Old 09-05-2002, 02:08 PM   #29  

Happy thursday to everyone. I'm doing okay. I seem to have the bottomless pit going. I was stuffed after lunch yesterday but no matter what I ate in the evening I wasn't satisfied. I kept trying though!!! I'm kind of feeling that way again today. I've been working out really hard so that's probably why.

I found out another friend of mine is expecting in March. This is like the 20th person I know having a baby these days. Instead of anthrax maybe the terrorists put something in the water to get all the women pregnant. Thankfully my body is rejecting it!

Congrats LA!! Someday I'll be able to say that again.

GG, Sorry about troubles with BF. Men can be real pain in the rumps sometimes. Just keep looking until you find the guy who appreciates you for the woman you are. Until then, don't settle for anything less!!!!

Karen, Oh My!!!! From the sound of your e-mail I get the feeling you're not trying to get PG. All I can say is everything happens for a reason. Hopefully things will work out however you want them to.

Rabbit, good luck with your new plan. I've been cooking up a batch of beans and veggies on Sunday nights and munching on that with my lf sandwiches for lunch. I just take a skillet and throw in a can of beans (lima or black so far), can of diced tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, sliced onion, and diced yellow squash or zucchuni. Then throw in some seasoning and let it simmer for a half hour. It fills me up much better than a cup of soup and it's probably much healthier.

Hi to everyone else!! Have a great day.
Old 09-05-2002, 02:17 PM   #30  

hello.

Afraid to go to ww today after traveling. Going to wait until next week, chicken that I am. (how appropriate - just the right smiley for me!).

LA - congrats on your loss. If you keep doing it right, the pounds are bound to come off sooner or later.

Karen - you are very inspiring with your trips to curves!

Jul - it is hard. I'm still just in the learning phase.

RR - sorry you are experiencing nosebleeds.

Greek - sorry about the realtionship blues.

Liz - sorry you are struggling, I am also. Your recipe sounds good.

have a great day.

Rabbit
Closed Thread