Old 01-17-2010, 02:06 AM   #16  
Because I Can

Height: 5'6"

Shrewkate, thanks for creating this thread.

Mollz, you are too funny!!! We love Reid!! My DH wants to be a profiler for the FBI now because of that show. She is in college going after her phd in psychology. She wants to be Reid. I’m more of a Shemar Moore kind of gal. (yum) I miss Gideon. I hope he comes back. Reid mentioned him in last week’s show. I wonder if that’s building to a come back? Great job on the lunch!

Rachael, yay the cards are out of the playoffs!!! Happy birthday! I love that, “What have you done today to make you feel proud?” Great idea. I always ask myself that when the show comes on. Do you have a favorite team yet?

Violin, who would have thought so many people would have a thing for Reid?

Mollz & squeak, have you ever substituted avocado for your mayo/butter? It has a decent chunk of cals but very tasty!

Squeak, your place sounds so cool.

Pixie, I’m glad you’re feeling better. Just think, you can eat as much fish as you would like now. That’s my glass is ½ full encouragement. I can’t believe you are psyched for weigh-in. Have you had a big drop? (other than venturing into the Onederful Onederland?)

I am dreading Monday. I hate the scale. I want to shoot my scale and then set it on fire after running it over a few times with my truck. I’m ignoring it until Monday. If it doesn’t say 209.5, it will be it’s demise.
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #17  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

Hey all! I'm on vacation and am walking sooooooooooo much! I'm in San Francisco, was just in Las Vegas and am sticking to my calories and walking, walking, WALKING! I'll have regular access to a computer on Tuesday and will be back to participating regularly. Best of luck to all!
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:42 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Hi ladies!

Well I'm not looking forward to tomorrows weigh in. I was so sick on Thursday and Friday with a stomach bug of some sorts, I couldn't keep much of anything down exept for carb loaded toast. Then Saturday and Sunday(today) I've been so weak. I was able to get the diet on track again though, just too weak to work out. Add PMDD to that and I feel miserable. Good thing Fox Reality channel had a Biggest Loser Season 4 Marathon going all weekend!

Oh I did treat myself to a new cookbook though! I was looking for something that had nutrional info and not a lot of expensive wierd ingredients. What I found was The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook-Budget Friendly Meals Your Whoel Family Will Love. I figure since I'm single and cook for myself only, cook once have plently of healthy leftovers for lunch and dinner later. It's writen by Chef Devin Alexander from the Food Networks Healthy Decadance show. I love her! She takes all those recipies that we all love and makes them over into healthy versions.

I made a simple Grilled Chicken Parmesian with green beans tonight. Tomorrow, since I have the day off from work for the Martin Luther King Jr Holiday I'm going to make "New Favorite Meatballs" 8 meatballs has 194cals and "Bench Press Bell Peppers" bell peppers stuffed with brown rice, ground turkey, mint, feta, egg whites and salt. For only 311cals!! And that was just with my first cruise through the book. It has wonderfully healthy and easy deserts too. his way I can just freeze it and know that I have healthy meals ready to heat and eat.

Tomorrow I'm also going to get back on the workout wagon. One more good nights sleep and I should be okay.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:21 PM   #19  
Because I Can

Violin Jenn made me hungry. PS Glad you're feeling better.
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:16 PM   #20  
Shrewkate the Study Geek

S/C/G: 227 / 217 / 200 (TEN!! WHEE!!)

My frelling TOM decided -now- was a good time to show up. Hey, presto, the 2 lbs lost since onset of challenge are back! WTH, pounds??! Who said you could come back??

OTOH -- at least I'm not my poor roommie. She had to have an emergency root canal this AM. She's a little wasted just now, and wants to know when we went for the tie-dye motif on the wall.
shrewkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #21  

Well I got a good start for next weeks weigh in! I'm feeling better and stronger today. I did JM 30DS level 1 5lb weights then BL Cardio Max levels 1 & 2 (lol...by this point Jillian and Bob had me gargling my heart) then followed up with BL Weightloss Yoga level 1! That's a work out of 1hr and 10min! Excellent start!

Let's keep up the hard work ladies!

Last edited by Violin Jenn; 01-18-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #22  

Jenn you are becoming an exercise freak!

shrewkate- Must be TOM for several of us. I HATE it! It makes me angry, and weepy and I hate feeling like that. I am thinking that's why I had the tiny amt of loss last week and then no loss this week. It usually messes me up for a week and a half or so, sometimes two.

Doing good today. All my meals and snacks are planned out, exercise planned now I just have to do it. My friend did bring me a Chikfila yogurt parfait for lunch. So instead of the jello and apple I brought for dessert I ate the parfait. I'll eat the jello and apple tomorrow with my lunch.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:20 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak351 View Post
Jenn you are becoming an exercise freak!
Thanks!!! That's the BEST thing anyone has said to me in long time!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #24  
Shrewkate the Study Geek

S/C/G: 227 / 217 / 200 (TEN!! WHEE!!)

Hey, all! haven't quit, just wish my sinuses would. I'm getting sick & tired of being, well, sick & tired. I kinda wanted to get -work- done this weekend. Not get over crud.

Hates teh crud, we does, precious.
shrewkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:16 AM   #25  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

All RIGHT!!

So who's totally stoked for weigh in on Monday!!

Not ME!! Laying in bed for 2 days with a busted head and then the rest of the week lazing about trying to recover has not helped my weight loss efforts.

Me - well, I'll be happy to maintain.

Anyone else?
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #26  

I have been trying to kick some butt this week. Mostly my own! I have exercised everyday since Monday. Last night I tried a DVD that I have had forever but never used. Biggest Loser Cardio Max. I loved it! I felt so good afterward. I will probably do it again later today, plus I just came inside. We had a dead tree cut down and limbs where everywhere. I picked up limbs until my shoulders are burning (almost an hour). There is still more but I will leave those for another day it's nice outside.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:30 PM   #27  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortonpixie View Post
All RIGHT!!

So who's totally stoked for weigh in on Monday!!

Not ME!! Laying in bed for 2 days with a busted head and then the rest of the week lazing about trying to recover has not helped my weight loss efforts.

Me - well, I'll be happy to maintain.

Anyone else?
If you maintain this week, I won't hold a grudge. You'll soon be back on track and kickin' arse. Now that I'm having to be responsible to someone, I've started making good inroads into what I need to lose this year. I'm really glad I signed up for the BL challenge... looking forward to the one after this.

Hope your head is feeling better now that you're kind of up-and-about. Kiddies enjoying having a little time off school?

I'm looking forward to weighing in. I've been tracking my weight all week and it's seen a pretty good amount go. With next week being a normal week, we'll see about week 4.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #28  

Looking forward to weighing tomorrow. I'm anxious to see if I made any progress. Being 25lbs from goal, I want it bad!
Old 01-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #29  
Giving no Ground

S/C/G: 245/217/135

Height: 5'5"

Aww, Mortonpixie, I'm sorry to hear you are down for the count this week, I hope you recover quickly!

I'm looking forward to weigh in... I've restrained myself from checking before THE day this week.

I've been working out hard, I think I need to take a rest day! I think my body's telling me to rest today... I haven't decided to do that yet, I keep looking at the treadmill and thinking "one more mile"

I have band practice today which proves to be a serious work out LOL

I'm know I'm far away, but I'm dying to see 150! I haven't been there in years.
Skullarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #30  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

I know I've dropped .5lbs since the last weigh in, but I'm hoping for a full lb by tomorrow morning. Still doing 6am treadmill 3x a week, strength training on odd days. Yesterday was clean the cars/house/go to the mall-i figure I walked for at least 3 hours all told. Today it's grocery store and laundry.
I can't believe I'm not really losing. Maybe it's PMS. My TOM is next week-hope its not TMI
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote