Old 01-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #1  
Shrewkate the Study Geek

S/C/G: 227 / 217 / 200 (TEN!! WHEE!!)

Height: 5'6"

Default Biggest Looser Weekly Chat

Heya, all!

I ran by Mortonpixie the fabulous 30-something TBL organizer the idea of us having a weekly chat thread. There are lots of marvelous support-chat threads (30-somethings January, the whole Chicks up for a Challenge group) -- but with our Monday weigh in date, I thought we could use a place focused on us.

So -- here it is!

How're y'all doing? Who's got weekend plans? Have you gone and picked up rewards for the fabulous progress we had last week? Shout out!

--Shrewkate
shrewkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #2  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

I've got my weekend plans! DH has 3 days off every 8, so on Saturday we're going to lunch with a mate of ours. Have only been there a couple of times, so we'll see what's available. They make really nice pain perdu/lost bread/french toast and a very nice banoffee pie. But I can see me eating a chicken burger with lettuce only and a side salad.

Sunday, we're going for our first bush walk of the year (I've got all 12 months planned out). I can't wait to do this. This is where we're going: http://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-rec...nn-loop-track/ The time is a pretty conservative estimate; it'll take us around 4 hours to complete the whole thing and both of us are keen to increase our tramping knowledge.

Monday, it's back over to Whakatane (about 2 hours away) to look at a motorcycle. DH has been waiting for a good bike to become available and he's found one, so we'll probably have lunch with his parents while we're over there.

I talked to DH last night during Criminal Minds (Reid is ) and said that when I get to 80kg, I'd like a massage. The look on his face reminded me of my avatar. I've never asked for anything for myself except for birthdays and Christmas (not even Valentines or anniversaries; spending time with him on those days is just enough for me). I think it'll take a little more convincing, but I'm positive he'll give me one.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #3  
Shrewkate the Study Geek

And Draco really does have that -great- WTF?!?!? face, doesn't he? One of our dogs has the same kind of face when he inadvertently drinks lemonade.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:19 AM   #4  
Move It, Kai

S/C/G: 240/212/145

This thread is exactly what my partner, Rachel and I talked about! YEA!!! We now have a place to come and chat with everyone!
Slimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #5  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

I'm gaining! I'm gaining and I can't figure it out. I haven't changed a darned thing....How am I gaining!!! ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

dietcokehead- Maybe you have increased strength training? Maybe try upping the calorie intake and the cardio for a week... I hope things turn around for you soon. Hang in there, you're doing great!

Slimming- It is cool to have this thread!

Mollz- I like the massage idea

Shrewkate, thanks for creating the weekly threads... it was a good idea!

Wednesday was my b-day and I woke up with a sore throat, feeling a bit lethargic until this morning actually so I didn't get my workouts in the last 2 days. I did do an hour of cardio today and plan to work it through the weekend! I'm not sure I am looking forward to the weigh in Monday, not feeling as confident as I'd like but we shall see...

The weather has been fabulous so I've been able to get out a lot this week (well, Monday, Tues and today so far...) and I actually will be walking with the hubby and the dogs on our 2 mile trek this evening before it gets dark.

This week we've been doing a meal plan I put together from some killer recipes that are in my fitness magazine. Things like chicken satay and peanut sauce, chipotle chicken with roasted potatoes, the BEST mexican style chicken soup I've ever had... so chunky and indulging!

Anyway, the magazine had choices for breakfast (300 cal), lunch (400 cal) and dinner (500 cal) which is great because I do 1600 calories so I have plenty of room for popcorn and a smoothie or something, lol!

Keeping our Biggest Loser challenge in mind, every day I ask myself (well rather I usually sing it, can't help it LOL) "What have you done today to make you feel proud Rachael?" and this really helps keep things into perspective for me.

OK, enough rambling from me! lol... I love reading all of your posts so I'm off to get back at it. I hope everyone is doing really well
bensempress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollz View Post
I talked to DH last night during Criminal Minds (Reid is )
MOLLZ!!!! You love the very adorable and hot Dr. Reid too????!!!!!!! I love him with the longer hair this season too! Gives him a bit of bad boy look!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

This thread is a great idea! Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to have a good weigh in this Monday. This week I'm feeling the PMDD kicking in and have been utterly exhausted, falling asleep on the train ride to and from work and nearly ending up at the end of the line! And if that wasn't enough I've got some kind of stomach bug! Queezy yesterday and today so I've been living on soup and toast. Took today as s second day of rest hoping to get back on track tomorrow.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #9  
Carpe diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin Jenn View Post
MOLLZ!!!! You love the very adorable and hot Dr. Reid too????!!!!!!! I love him with the longer hair this season too! Gives him a bit of bad boy look!
We're still on season 4 or something-- the one where Joe Matenga first comes in, replacing Gideon. Maybe in my next life, I'll find someone who is a cross between my DH and Dr Reid.

Our plans for walking tomorrow have been altered. We're just going somewhere different; still about the same amount of time walking, but I think there's going to be some water weight on Monday. Might flush that out and put my weigh-in day on Tuesday, which is when everyone else weighs in (my time).

Managed to slice my finger today cleaning out a tin can (fairly deep cut, but didn't reach the vein or bone). DH mangled the can beyond recognition in his attempt to get it open.

Went to lunch with a mate of mine and DH today. The place we wanted to go to was closed (on a Saturday!!!), so I ended up with a chicken, cranberry and camembert panini (only ate 1/2) and a bowl of fruit salad instead of the chips DH and I were going to share (when you order the panini, all you get is the panini). It wasn't a total disaster!

I'm starting to figure out that lunch is probably the worst meal for me to deal with. Dinner's okay with just meat and veg and salad, but lunch is a little more difficult. I don't want salad, because I eat a large one with dinner. Sandwiches are getting tiresome and there are so many calories in 2 pieces of bread. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #10  

Mollz what kind are bread are you able to get in New Zealand? At home I am able to get very low calorie bread that is very yummy. At a resturant I avoid sandwiches because of the bread. Plus they usally butter them here and toast them or put them on the grill. GAH.. makes me fat to even think about it.

dietcokehead- maybe TOM ?? Just stay strong sista! You will get through it.

Ok, Rachael- I had a little giggle when I read you sing to yourself. lol Maybe I need to try that. Only when I sing small animals scurry away and plants wither and die! LOL

So I actually got up off my lazy bum and exercised today. We live on a hill that is 7 acres. Our house is at the bottom of the hill. DH has been walking to the top of the hill and then to the bottom of the driveway. Its about a 1/4 mile walk and he goes to top and back twice. He is down 10 lbs. He said yesterday, "well, if you do what I do you'd lose" I will never be able to lose like him but I thought I might as well use what I have to exercise. I walked to the top of the hill and back down. ( nearly died! lol) was very out of breath. It's quite a walk. It took me 15 minutes and I was really out of breath. ( I need to take some pictures it is more strenous than it sounds) I was very proud of myself because I haven't been able to walk to the top since last summer. Always before I could get half way up and stop. I WILL CONQUER IT! haha

I have two mini goals that I started today that I plan to stick with. 1- exercise (which I did today ) 2- not eating after 7pm ( I haven't so far ) Normally I get the majority of my calories from snacking after dinner, which is bad, bad, bad for my hips.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:45 PM   #11  
Move It, Kai

S/C/G: 240/212/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollz View Post
I've got my weekend plans! DH has 3 days off every 8, so on Saturday we're going to lunch with a mate of ours. Have only been there a couple of times, so we'll see what's available. They make really nice pain perdu/lost bread/french toast and a very nice banoffee pie. But I can see me eating a chicken burger with lettuce only and a side salad.

Sunday, we're going for our first bush walk of the year (I've got all 12 months planned out). I can't wait to do this. This is where we're going: http://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-rec...nn-loop-track/ The time is a pretty conservative estimate; it'll take us around 4 hours to complete the whole thing and both of us are keen to increase our tramping knowledge.

Monday, it's back over to Whakatane (about 2 hours away) to look at a motorcycle. DH has been waiting for a good bike to become available and he's found one, so we'll probably have lunch with his parents while we're over there.

I talked to DH last night during Criminal Minds (Reid is ) and said that when I get to 80kg, I'd like a massage. The look on his face reminded me of my avatar. I've never asked for anything for myself except for birthdays and Christmas (not even Valentines or anniversaries; spending time with him on those days is just enough for me). I think it'll take a little more convincing, but I'm positive he'll give me one.
Wow! You've been quite busy! All that running around will get you skinny in no time! I love the massage idea, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcokehead98 View Post
I'm gaining! I'm gaining and I can't figure it out. I haven't changed a darned thing....How am I gaining!!! ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
I know what you mean...that is very aggravating! Don't give up. If you're eating right and getting in your water, which I think you are, you'll see the scale go down...it's just being stubborn right now. What do you do for exercise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewkate View Post
Heya, all!

I ran by Mortonpixie the fabulous 30-something TBL organizer the idea of us having a weekly chat thread. There are lots of marvelous support-chat threads (30-somethings January, the whole Chicks up for a Challenge group) -- but with our Monday weigh in date, I thought we could use a place focused on us.

So -- here it is!

How're y'all doing? Who's got weekend plans? Have you gone and picked up rewards for the fabulous progress we had last week? Shout out!

--Shrewkate
Thank you, Shrewkate for starting this thread. I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensempress View Post
dietcokehead- Maybe you have increased strength training? Maybe try upping the calorie intake and the cardio for a week... I hope things turn around for you soon. Hang in there, you're doing great!

Slimming- It is cool to have this thread!

Mollz- I like the massage idea

Shrewkate, thanks for creating the weekly threads... it was a good idea!

Wednesday was my b-day and I woke up with a sore throat, feeling a bit lethargic until this morning actually so I didn't get my workouts in the last 2 days. I did do an hour of cardio today and plan to work it through the weekend! I'm not sure I am looking forward to the weigh in Monday, not feeling as confident as I'd like but we shall see...

The weather has been fabulous so I've been able to get out a lot this week (well, Monday, Tues and today so far...) and I actually will be walking with the hubby and the dogs on our 2 mile trek this evening before it gets dark.

This week we've been doing a meal plan I put together from some killer recipes that are in my fitness magazine. Things like chicken satay and peanut sauce, chipotle chicken with roasted potatoes, the BEST mexican style chicken soup I've ever had... so chunky and indulging!

Anyway, the magazine had choices for breakfast (300 cal), lunch (400 cal) and dinner (500 cal) which is great because I do 1600 calories so I have plenty of room for popcorn and a smoothie or something, lol!

Keeping our Biggest Loser challenge in mind, every day I ask myself (well rather I usually sing it, can't help it LOL) "What have you done today to make you feel proud Rachael?" and this really helps keep things into perspective for me.

OK, enough rambling from me! lol... I love reading all of your posts so I'm off to get back at it. I hope everyone is doing really well
Rachael, happy belated B-Day! Girl, you're doing great! You're definitely getting in your exercise and you're rockin' your eating plan! Go Girl! I'm doing the "happy dance" for you!
Slimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:05 AM   #12  
Carpe diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak351 View Post
Mollz what kind are bread are you able to get in New Zealand? At home I am able to get very low calorie bread that is very yummy. At a resturant I avoid sandwiches because of the bread. Plus they usally butter them here and toast them or put them on the grill. GAH.. makes me fat to even think about it.
We get the same types you guys get: white, brown (neither of which I like) and whole/multigrain (which is what I eat). At 100 calories a slice, it's hard to stay within 300 calories for lunch and sandwiches on their own are just not filling enough. Twice a week (on my strength training days), I'll eat a protein bar and a piece of fruit (usually a very large apple), which is roughly 300.

I'm trying for 1390 calories a day, upping it to 1600 three times a week (Mon/Wed/Fri) on my cardio days.

I have to specifically ask for no butter on my sandwiches if I order one; it just doesn't have a nice taste when mixed with other food, especially if it's fake butter.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #13  

I have been buying EarthGrains 35 and it's 35 calories a slice. It is the best tasting "light" bread I have ever found. I get the wheat and my whole family will eat it. Some of the wheat ones they will not touch. I eat bread at home quite a bit because I can have 2 slices for 1 pt. (on WW)

ewwwwww... I don't like fake butter either. Nasty stuff.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #14  
Shrewkate the Study Geek

Hey, all! You're welcome, and glad you're enjoying!

So, there's this wagon: mine's a red flyer with racing stripes and a spoiler.

It got about a mile down the road ahead of me yesterday.

OTOH, where in last efforts I'd be overcome by gloom and doom, wailing and moaning 'woe is me! woe, woe and sadness! With God as my Witness, I'll never be thin again!' This time I'm trying a slightly more sane and sensible approach.

Yesterday was crap for being on plan.

That was yesterday. This is not yesterday. Ergo, I can be on plan today.

In other news, liquid eyeliner is weird stuff, but fun to play with.

Off to print out comps reading list and check off what I've already read!

--Shrewkate
Old 01-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #15  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Busy week...catching up on all of your posts...my 7yr old is chomping at the bit to get on the computer - but I wanted to say hi.

Things are going well - I'm recovered from mastitis, but methinks my milk supply has tanked. Started feeding the baby some formula after lunch and at snack. Kinda sad - but the kid has 4+ teeth and is chewing on me...kinda not so sad to see the bottle getting the abuse.

Psyched for the weigh in - wish I could've exercised more this week. But as Shrewkate reminded me, all we have is today.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote