Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2002, 10:13 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Thumbs down Week of August 4th

Good Morning All!!

My electric has been out since around 6:30 this AM and just came back on at 10:00. How frustrating, I couldn't do laundry, I couldn't get on the computer, no TV, nothin'!! So I sat and read my Bible for a little while, then the newspaper. DH is trying to nap.

I had a horrible week, so glad it's over and my boss will not be in the office this week!! The FDA, on the other hand, will be back in the office all week. That means my other co-worker, Tara, will be up from Atlanta Tues-Friday. I get along with her though, and she'll help me get things organized.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!! I'm going to make pancakes for lunch on my new electric griddle that I got from Mom, since we couldn't have them for breakfast!!
Old 08-04-2002, 10:27 AM   #2  
Donna

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Got up early to update my web page. I'm trying to get my mom to send out it's address instead of sending pictures, her last e-mail took an hour to download . Have to go into work this afternoon, but it shouldn't be too bad we're only open a half day. We went to the Highland Games yesterday, it was interesting and the weather was beautiful, only I didn't put on sunscreen and now I'm paying .

Rabbit - congrats on your loss!! Good luck while you're gone.

LBH - to bad about the electric, funny how dependent we've become. I had to laugh about the making lunch though, K's still in bed and I'm only up to go to work, usually on Sundays we eat brunch.

Have a great week all!!! I'm headed out to sweat .

- Tech
Old 08-04-2002, 12:22 PM   #3  

Hello all! Well, the result of my weigh in yesterday was a miniscule 0.1. Oh well, at least I didn't gain 5 pounds which I usually do when under pressure. Most of the work-related stress should be behind me now and I should be able to work my normal hours and get back into my exercise routine. I am ready to get moving down on that scale again!

Some successes to report: I am now fitting into the smallest sizes at Lane Bryant and absolutely cannot wait until I can stop shopping there forever!! After being inspired by fitting into the smallest LB sizes, I went and tried on some clothes at a "regular" store and was able to squeeze into a size 14 denim skirt! Amazing! Also, I saw some friends I hadn't seen in a couple of months and they were all asking how much weight I had lost so I guess my 22 pounds is showing, even though I feel like it hasn't made a dent.

Hope everyone has a great week this week.

Debbie
235.6/213.5/165
Old 08-04-2002, 06:44 PM   #4  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello!!! WE are back from the beach and I did great!!!Little tired each day...Too strange, but my belly popped out about 3 more inches over the week soo it is definately a pg stomach..It has been great how men open the door more, give U their beach chairs etc etc when they catch site of the belly!!! It was hot, but we did the pool from 7am to about 11:00, ate lunch, did the indoor pool until about 5:30 then hit the beach after 6pm and then the outdoor pool until 8pm...The baby would wiggle and move everywhere when I was in the pool...SD's friend would laugh how he/she would kick or push from both belly sides!!!

Lauren--I will do the flashlight trick tonight!!!!I have had the Durango for a year now..The gas is bad cuz of the V-8 but I like the pickup and all the room!!!We packed 3 kids, 2 adults, ice chest, luggage, food in a tote, golf bag etc etc and had plenty of room!!!The kids have their on ac thingee and they love the control, plus there is a tv hookup in the back to keep then occupied and me not hearing the noise!!!

SOmeone asked about the Avon Breast Cancer walk..didn't Legal Eagle do that one????I think so..it was for 3 days and she did it in honor of her step childrens mother....

Debbie--Any amount is better than a gain..I am not looking forward to weighing next Tues but I will find out the baby's sex via u/s soo I have to weigh to get to that machine!!!!

Tech--Hope U had fun sweating!!!

Hello to all..off to unpack and shop for work tomorrow!!!
Vicki
Old 08-04-2002, 11:35 PM   #5  

Hi. I think I completely skipped posting last week.
I did do two walks a day and threw in a few exercise videos for the heck of it. Didn't lose anything...but didn't gain either.

I've got to get the kids to bed!!, jul
Old 08-05-2002, 03:14 PM   #6  
Donna

Hello All,

Have the day off so have been working on my web page. I can't remember who was asking, but I've added pics of my quilts so if you want to check it out please do. ( http://www.eskimo.com/~dms )

RR - Welcome back, glad you had a good time.

Debbie - Congrats on the loss, any loss is better than a gain. Good luck during the coming week.

Jul - Congrats on getting in the walks, wish I could say the same.

Have a great week all.

- Tech
Old 08-05-2002, 05:30 PM   #7  
LBH

Tech- I LOVE YOUR HOUSE!! This is the first time I've seen pics of it!! I love the colors you've chosen also!!
Old 08-05-2002, 10:08 PM   #8  

Oh my, I am SO laughing at myself. When I read RoadRunner's post I got the total wrong idea....it was the part where she said "The gas is bad because of the V-8" There I was thinking she was sharing her gastrointestinal reaction to V8 juice!!! After I kept reading I realized my mistake. I just had to laugh at myself!
Old 08-06-2002, 05:05 AM   #9  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!
Debbie-Too funnny!!!!Just in case, I am avoiding V-8!!!!!!
RR
Old 08-06-2002, 11:26 AM   #10  
LBH

Hi All,

Debbie- LOLOL!! That's soo funny!! And I thought I had preggo brain...are you sure you're not pg?! BTW, congrats on the loss, and get the heck out of Lane Bryant!! They're too darn expensive anymore. If you can fit into normal sizes, go to normal stores!!

Jul- How far do you walk on each walk? Good for you doing it. I think I may walk at lunch today, it's supposed to be much less humid and about 78 degrees.

RR- Sounds like you had a great time!! I'm jealous of your cute PG stomach. I can't wait til mine looks pg...which'll probably be around 7-8 minths. I would definitely not get a V-8. I think I'd be OK with a V-6...it's time for me to grow up, if I have more power, I'll use it, and I don't need another ticket!!

Hope everyone is well!! Have a great day!!
Old 08-06-2002, 11:37 AM   #11  
LBH

I almost forgot!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICKIE!!!
Old 08-06-2002, 09:55 PM   #12  

Thumbs up

ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! I am continuing to have bad days on my program. I am eating tons of junk and snacks and completely sabotaging myself. Each day I think, "OK, this is it new day, start over." Next thing I know I am scarfing down M&M's from the office candy jar and all the other various junk we have available to us. I really wanted to post a loss when I weigh on Saturday but I don't think that is going to happen. I am so frustrated with myself, particularly because I am leaving for a trip to KC next Wednesday through Sunday so it's unlikely I will lose then either. Why oh why do I do this to myself?????
Old 08-06-2002, 10:25 PM   #13  
Donna

Hello all,

The weather here is beautiful, so those on the east coast look out it's headed your way!! I was outside on a train platform so I really got to enjoy it . Tomorrow they're predicting more of the same .

Did anyone watch the Mole2 show? I'm so proud of myself I guessed who was the mole in episode #2 and stuck with it, and I was right!!

We went to ww tonight and I stayed the same, I really need to do measurements because I feel smaller. Someday.....

Vicki - Happy B-day !!!

LBH - Thanks we like it a lot.

Debbie - hang in there, sometimes you just need to relax, although I'm probably not the one to give advise since I can't seem to keep off what I loose.

"talk" to you all later.

- Tech
Old 08-06-2002, 11:47 PM   #14  

Lauren: In the mornings I'm walking a half mile or mile and then doing a video or just simple weights. In the evening its either a mile or a mile and a half. But like Debbie I'm doing really bad on the food. Its like I've discovered it again. I need to make an appointment with my DR and see what I need to do, maybe go back on the birthcontrol.

Saw My Big Fat Greek Wedding tonight with a girl friend. I laughed so hard. One of my best friends in Lexington KY comes from a similar family. Also reminded me of my DHs jewish family, with the loudness, the makeup, and the 'eat, eat', and the dancing at every family event.

jul (still maintaining at 173)
Old 08-07-2002, 03:27 AM   #15  

Hi everyone! Finally I have time to post something, as it's quiet in the office today.
This week I have not had much sleep, as BF went away in the middle of the night for a trip to Poland and I had to take him to the airport. Yesterday I went to see a very nice friend of mine, and got a 150 ticket for a wrong turn I did...Is it ever going to end? Anyway, the rest of the night went very well, and I got home about 2.30 (and got up at 8.30, which is really late by my standards). Am trying to stay op, and this works ok up to now, don't know how much I actually lost though. The gym is closed for 2 weeks so I have to do things myself, and I made a program I hope I can stick to.
It's 40 degrees C, stickystickysticky, I am having to eat salty things all day, I am sweating like a woodcutter and having 4 showers a day....I WILL go to the beach after work~to swim, I never get to it and it's ONLY 5 minutes walk from where I work, darn!

Debbie, you can do it, just don't START snacking, 'cause when you do, its much more difficult to stop than keeping off when you haven't had anything. You can stay OP on a trip too just choose the right things (dinner/lunch: no fries, no salads with heavy sauces, grilled in stead of fried, better no fruit juice but fruit, you know the drill) I went out for dinner yesterday and had 1/2 meat patty (grilled), 1 small steak, salad (light dressing) and greens, 1/2 slice of bread, and 2 glasses of wine. While this is not impressively op, it's still way better than fries and things, especially if you skip the wine and take a diet coke instead.

RR, 3 inches in one week? wow! Good to hear everyone had a good time, too.

Tech, if you work out or do weights (do you? Can't remember), its possible to "shrink" without actually losing pounds, maybe it's that? Hope so

Jul, Meridia? To curb your appetite a bit? I have never used it myself, it's just new on the market, but it's just a thought...
My colleague, who is a Greek-American, went to the same movie with her mom and sister. She said it reminded her SO MUCH of her own wedding, and her mom just couldn't stop crying. I am definitely going to see the movie (its just out here)

This for now, ed out but still going ,

Liek the Greek
Closed Thread