Old 07-19-2008, 03:58 PM   #16  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

not much time, getting ready for the grad party, but wanted to post quick.

Yana, where in AK is your DH from?

Karen, just lots of hugs during this hard time.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:29 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Evening all...well work was CRAZYYYYY...but i survivied. I was exhausted by the time i left. But i got a lot done and we did very well production wise. I'm sooo tired now. I found out that I have monday off also. So two days off...whooopee...but then i have a 8 days stretch. I have lots to do in the next two days.

Lauren-sorry to hear eli is chewing....are you wearing eli out enough....giving him at least 3 walks a day or play to help wear him out so he'll chew less. Also you can use noise adversion to try to help with the food stealing...ie...a loud boat horn that will scare him the moment he reaches for food. try that..but also try to keep the temptation away.

as for those who asked about my plantar fascitiis...i do the stretching and wear good shoes..i really need othotics but just don't have the money. I do notice that it gets better when i go to the chiro.

alright all..dinner is almost ready. check back laters!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:15 PM   #18  

Height: 5'6

Hey girls.

Well, back from swimming, kids are bathed/in bed. I am so proud of Cadence. She was wearing a swim vest, and I had gotten her to put her face in the water with a face mask on. So, up until today, she would swim with her vest on & her face in the water. Well, today she took off her vest & goggles & was swimming all around under water, doing "handstands with one hand...did you see me mom??", and all sorts of stuff. It is such an exciting thing when your kids learn how to swim. Iwon't let her go in the deep end, mind you, until she's really got a handle on it (probably next year), but this was huge today, and she was so proud of herself!!

I am off to have some alone time with Frank, maybe see what movies are on. Will definitely check in tomorrow. Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday night!!

Cheers,
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:04 AM   #19  
Changing Lifestyle

S/C/G: 197/187.5/137

Hi gals,
I am done cleaning and very proud of myself. I did all I planned. House looks and smells very good. I even cleand backyard and the garage.

Toni - My DH's family used to live in Anchorage, but this winter they moved to Wasilla.

OK, off i go. I will take a nice bubble bath ( I deserve it) and read a book. My kid is having a sleepover at friends house.
yana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:41 AM   #20  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Yana, wow, aren't you productive! I'll give you a ticket to NJ if you wanna come clean here!

Pam, Oolala!! Hope you and DH got some nice alone time!

GG, DH walks him about 1.5-2 miles every AM, and plays ball with him at night. He said this AM he took him up to the strip mall, probably 1.5 miles and back, and he kept stopping and sitting on people's lawns. He was soo pooped out!

Kerry, the meds are working, but not enough. They're giving me a little more energy, but not helping me focus really. I talked to the nurse Friday afternoon, and she doesn't want me to take 20 mg until she talks to the dr. She said she'll call me Monday. They have yet to return a call when I leave messages, I usually have to call them. So I'm not holding my breath. I will be calling if I don't hear from her by around 2 pm Monday. So I've been taking the 15 mg. for a little over a week now. No, I haven't started painting! And unless it cools down, I won't be! (No A/C!)

The pool was fun yesterday, but despite putting on sunscreen, I still got pretty burned. I guess I didn't put it on well enough, I used the spray on stuff, i think it's Coppertone. Same stuff I use for the kids. So I put aloe on last night. Should have put white vinegar on to take away the heat/sting, but I was too tired. It should tan in a couple days. At least I look "healthy".

Today I'll be cleaning the bathroom and organizing the laundry. Later we're going out to eat with my mom and my brother & his family.

Have a great day all!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:07 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

I feel great. I slept in untli 8.30. Man i needed it. Having breakfast with DH and the taking the mutt to the barn. Going to enjoy a nice ride with the pony and let my dog wear herself out. She loves going to the barn. She loves rolling in the horse manure LMAO. What she doesn't know is she'll get a bath out at the barn before we leave. Then i have a TON of errands to do today.

Alright all...have a good sunday.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #22  

Height: 5'6

Hey ladies!!

Lauren, hope cleaning goes well today. I can't imagine having no A/C in this weather (remember I get pretty much the same stuff as you). DH is working in it, but hopefully they will have the A/C on in the building this week. Girl, no one would blame you for not getting the painting done!!!

GG, hope it's a great day of riding/shopping for you. LOL at the dog rolling in the manure...they are so weird, aren't they?? Why do they do that?? I'm sure if anyone knows, it's you..and i would love to know cause my dog rolls around in stuff too.

Off to get school supplies today at Target. I know it's early, but they sell out quickly around here, so I'm gonna get while the gettin's good.

Hope everyone has a super day!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:27 AM   #23  
KAR

Morning All,
Yana congrats on getting your house clean. So what are your plans for today? Just relaxing. What book did you read last night?
Lauren, we lived with a/c at this current house for 2 summers. It was unbearable. But this summer we went and bought two window units. So it makes it nice and cool. Have fun cleaning house and doing laundry today! Enjoy your dinner out with your family. Hope your sunburn doesn't hurt too much today!
GG, sounds like you really needed the sleep. Enjoy your ride and shopping today. I bet you are getting excited about your trip. I know I would.
Pam, I hear you on the school supplies. On Thursday, when dh and I were in Wal-mart doing some shopping, you should have seen the people in the school supply aisle. They are suppose to have a really good sale on them next week. I think I am going to go on Friday and purchase 70 items to donate to the back to school for needy children here in my area in honor of my dad's birthday. He turns 70 in September and has everything. So we started to get things and donate in each other's honors a couple of years ago. Enjoy your shopping!
Hi to everyone else. Hope you are having a nice Sunday!
We went to the fair last night. We got there too late and had to stand for the derby. I didn't like it because I can't stand being pressed up against a lot of people in a small area. Plus with the heat, that didn't help either. Neither of the nephews placed in the derby. Don't know what is on the agenda for today yet.
Have a nice day everyone!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:47 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Sunday All!!! You will not believe that I slept in until after 11AM!!! When I came out of my room, my wonderful DH had cleaned the kitchen and was mopping the kitchen floor!!! I love him!!! LOL

So after my wonderful weigh-in yesterday morning, DD and I went to go get our hair done so I am a blonde again (major highlights) and she got hers cut with a few foil highlights. Then we went out to lunch at Panera Bread (OP? I tried...) and then for dinner we decided to get from out. I had a slice of pizza, 12 cheese fries and 2 hot wings... OMG!!! WAs that good!!!!! LOL I woke up this morning so stiff from all the salt!! I have to make sure I drink all my water today. Thank goodness I have an entire week to burn it off before next wegh-in!! LOL

I hope everyone has an amazing Sunday!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:47 PM   #25  

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone-

Weighed in today - only lost .5!!

Is it 'cos I lost five lbs my first week (last week)? Is it 'cos it's my TOM? Because nothing else has changed.

Now I just wanna say "screw it" and eat everything. Bah.
knitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:11 PM   #26  
Changing Lifestyle

S/C/G: 197/187.5/137

Good Morning, Ladies

LBH - Fat chance I can't even think of cleaning without feeling sick.
Karri - I am relaxing today and reading again. I am reading a book by Jennifer Klain "Getting there Staying there".

I have a question to you, ladies. I heard that after 30 it's getting harder to lose weight, but I had no idea that it will be impossible. Every pound gets me with such pain. How is it for you and what plan do you follow? I am still hoping I find a miracle diet.

Yana
yana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2be View Post
Sunshine I am sorry about your mom’s health, I hope she gets out of the hospital soon!
Thanks! My Mom is home now. I picked her up yesterday afternoon. She's doing much better. The doctor said the problem came from her not eating while taking her meds. They reduced the swelling of her pancreas and liver. He has her on a bland diet and insisted she eats to help buffer the drugs.

We went to the market yesterday and stocked up on everything she needs. She's up and running as if she wasn't in the hospital.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenK View Post
Sunshine: Alex is 5 and a bundle of energy! Thanks for the good thoughts. We can sure use them. They laid off 12 permanent people yesterday and are letting the contractors go as their contracts are up. There was a huge list of contractors! Luckily, this is a company problem and not a performance problem for DH. Hopefully a new job will come up soon.
Oh I know what you mean. My youngest son is 6 years old.

You're more than welcome re: the good thoughts. We can all use them from time to time.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:51 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAR73 View Post
Sunshine that is great that your mom is going to be coming home soon. You are one special daughter to her. I know what you mean about being the baby in the family and taking care of your parents. My dh does that with his mom. His one sister does it too. But everyone else in the family just looks out for themselves or wants her to do things for them.
Yes, I am her favorite!! j/k or am I?

Anyway, I've always been really close to my Mom. I'm the baby and only girl. It's always been her and I pretty much as my brothers moved to Texas when I was like in 6th grade. One of them has moved back within the last 10 years or so but he doesn't have to do much. My Mom's VERY independent and hates not being able to get around like she wants to. She's sooo ready to get back to work. Once her knee heals completely she'll be back in business.

I guess this is all part of the circle of life.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:59 PM   #30  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Good Evening Girls!!

What a day, what a day... the other nite my dd eyed brownie mix and chocolate frosting, while we were out shopping. We made them today. Can we say the diet is off!! Hee-hee-hee. I didn't want to be the only one off her diet, so I made sure to share some with my gram, and brought some over to my parents this afternoon. Gotta share the love of chocolate frosted brownies... and this way I won't have as many at home and want to indulge in them .... late night.

Yana--- I hear ya on the harder to lose weight in your 30's. I was a skinny minnie all my life, then having two kiddos back to back and WHAM, bye- bye body. What happened to my slamming metabolism? I think I need to put an ad in the newspaper looking for it ~~~ Big Reward for its return. LOL!

LBH---- The same happened to me with the spray sunscreen last year. Man I was RED. Ouch. Hoping yours isn't that bad and in a few days you have a nice tan.

Well it is late, and I need to get up early tomorrow, so I am off to catch some ZZZ's. Have a great evening and talk to you all later.

Oh one more thing... I can't for the life of me figure out what OP stands for--- anyone care to share. ~TIA
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote