Old 05-19-2008, 07:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Chat monday may 19th

Morning all...i have off today...but man will i be busy. I have 3 apts this am. Going to the post office at 10:45 to update my passport, 12:45 i have a chiro apt, 3:15 i have an eye apt. Man im going to be busy. I;m trying to get my but to the gym this morning after i have breakfast...will check back later.

hope everyone has a good day!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning! How was everyone's weekend? We had a nice one. We spent the entire day outside on Saturday. We had a shrimp-boil at the neighbors house, it was fun. Sunday we just had a lazy day, cleaning, watching t.v... not a whole lot going on, but still days like that are nice every once in a while. I have 2 weeks and 2 days until I leave to go to Arizona for my mom's wedding, so the plan is to go to 2-a-days on the treadmill as many days a week as i can because I know it is going to be a week and a half off of work outs while I am there. I jumped on the scale this morning and it read 155.6! I want to try to get as close to 150 as I can before we leave. Wish me luck, I am gonna need it! Well, off to get my work out in. Have a great day!!!
stephanie
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

GG ~ Where are you traveling to that you'll need your passport? Sounds like a busy day for you. At least it's a Monday and shouldn't be as crazy of a day if you'd scheduled everything on a Saturday.

Steph ~ 155.6 ~ WTG!!!!! That is great! Did you end up buying a dress for your mom's wedding or did you make one. I know that you sew for your girls and mentioned buying a pattern for yourself. What a great feeling to be dropping the weight right in time for the wedding.

Last week of school on this end. The kids gets out on Thursday and I'm looking around and seeing so much that I need to get done before having them home all day long for the summer. Better get to it. Weigh in tonight at WW and I'm curious to see how much I've lost. I've resisted the urge to get on the scale here at home. Happy Monday ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:22 AM   #4  

happy monday!

good morning all...havent had a chance to respond or read this weekends or some of last weeks posts...sorry...i will try..hopefully i can...

more bad news last night...i dont know how much more my poor dominic can take..i think he is going to crack...im not sure what to do for him...anyways i wont bore you all with my life that seems to be a soap opera...

gg: have a great day off...you do sound busy...try to get something FUN in that schedule

stephanie:i just looked at your ticker...super job!...where is arizona is your mom?...mine is in scottsdale...its getting warm out there!...lazy days are nice...what i wouldnt do for just one weekend like that...have a great day

ok...off to get ready for work..have a wonderful day everyone
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:23 AM   #5  

joan: we were posting at the same time...this is the last week of school??? dang they end early there..when do the kids start?...good luck tonight at ww...ill hope for better results than i had!...have a great one
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Hidee Ho

Well, I don't even know what to say. I was grouchy most of the weekend, had a horrible headache, busted my a-- in the yard all day Sat. then went in search of clothes for graduation, that was depressing as he--. Sun. was so flippin busy I was only home about an hour throughout the course of the day until bedtime so a sunny day that I didn't get any work done outside and time is tick, tick, ticking away to Sat. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! Plus I hoped to lose at least 5 lbs before grad. and I've gained 5. With everyone sick and running everywhere, I haven't got my workouts in and I've been eating on the go a lot. I sat in the dressing room and cried, how pathetic is that???????? I don't know what my deal is, I've never had this much trouble getting my crap together. My ex-SIL says she thinks I need to find out what my TSH (thyroid) levels were she said she bets they're on the low end of the "normal" spectrum. She had the same problem started a few years ago but they got her fixed up with some hormones. She's a nurse too, so she probably knows something about it. Well I'm done gripping for a while, gotta go pick up Sissy.

Glad to hear about everyones successful date nights, thats important time to spend together, you might get rid of the MIL next time though

My kids get out of school this Thurs. too, yipee

So long, Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:00 PM   #7  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon ladies,

We had a good weekend here. While I was away, my DH went out and bought a new TV. (DS decided to "clean" mine and it's no longer working) The new one is one of those flat screen ones. Anyways, we are now trying to rearrange the living room. So my house is in disarray. I have to find something to do with my entertainment center (which I love )

I go back to work tomorrow. I think I made a boo boo by letting my boss in on that I wasn't fond of the schedule. I told him I was homesick. Never a smart thing to do if you want to keep your job.

I haven't exercised in 2 weeks. Hopefully, I'll get into a routine and be able to work something in.

Hope everyone has a great day. Joan, good luck with your weigh in tonight.

alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:11 PM   #8  

got some errands run and one apt down. Joan to ask your question...i'm going to Tuscany with my family in August. I can't wait...should be nice...however not long enough...only 1 wk total there (not including the travel days).

cc-hang in there...get out there and start working out (:

christina...sorry to hear about more things happening.

alicia...you wnat to talk about a house in disarray....we have new windows in but haven't put the sashes around them...we have our couches in every different way to make room for the destruction going on. We only have a few pieces of wood on our front porch where dh is replacing the wood. So as you can see...disarray is my life LMAO

I do plan ot have some fun. I did get a great workout in this am. After my last apt (my eye apt) i'm going to go out to the barn and ride. Should be nice. I do hate when the day gets away so quickly.

alright all...have a good day...check back later (:

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 05-19-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

GG ~ Tuscany? Wow ~ how cool is that! As Napoleon Dynamnite says, "LUCKY!!"

Trish ~ You are wayyyyyy too hard on yourself sugar-pie. Slow down, take a deep breath and go *sit* in your yard for a short time today. Not work, just sit down and smell the fresh air. Did you find an outfit that you like at all? Are you fixing all of the food for the party or having it catered?

Christina ~ so sorry to hear that Dominic has so much on his plate right
now. Is he still doing ok at the new job? School starts way too early here. August 13 this fall. Plus, we always get 2 whole weeks off at Christmas. I wish that it didn't start so early but it is nice to get out early.

I've gotten nothing done this a.m. Just can't seem to get moving this morning.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:38 PM   #10  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

can i pop in and say hi?! technically I'm not 30 yet...but I will be on the 31'st so I thought I could come in and get to know you guys/gals now!

I'm gonna be livin it up for my 30th - for sure! I bought a smokin hot red dress and these gorgeous shoes and awesome jewelry, gettin my hair done and a manicure and pedicure with some girlfriends and then they're throwin me a grill out party.

I'm hoping the weight doesn't bother me that day, I wanna look and FEEL sexy for my special day.

Anyway, nice to meet you all. I'm Kari
gothik butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone~

I am rushing!
I hope everyone has a great day! and starts the week great!!!
Will be back later!
Hanna
Happy Monday!!!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Welcome Kari! You are more than welcome to join us here! Sounds like you have a great birthday planned! Maybe I should start thinking about what I want to do for mine this year since it is fastly approaching (june 19).

Joan: I ended up buying a dress. I started to make one, but was having a difficult time with the sizing and all. I ended up buying a size 10 dress from JC Penny (WOOHOO!) and it actually fits!! My sisters bought the same dress, it was nice to finally find a dress that we all agreed on that didn't cost a fortune! My girls last day of school is June 3. Then we leave on the 4th to head to arizona. I can't wait!

Christina: I am sorry that you and Dominic have had so much to deal with these past few weeks, just know that this too shall pass! My mom lives in Prescott. It is north of Phoenix, south of Flagstaff. I really like it there, it doesn't get as hot as phx in the summer and it doesn't get as cold as flagstaff, kind of perfect weather in my eyes.

Trish: Things will settle down before you know it and you will be able to go back to your usual routine. Try not to be so down on yourself! I have done the same thing before as well tho, gotten frustrated in the dressing room and end up crying! In fact, when I get back from my mom's wedding, dh and i will be doing some shopping for our trip coming up in July. I need a new bathing suit.... I DREAD shopping for it. I can never find something that looks flattering on me through my eyes and I end up depressed... So I know how you were feeling! Do what you can when you can, and when school, graduation and all that chaos is over, you will have more time to dedicate to yourself!

Alicia: how has the new job been working for you? I have been wondering. I bet it has to be hard to be away from your family 3 days at a time like that and then come home and try to find time to get your exercise in when so much needs your attention!

GG: Oh how I would LOVE to go to Tuscany! You'll have to take lots of pics and share with us!

Well, i am gonna go get more laundry done. Been trying to keep myself busy.. doing the quitting smoking thing. So far so good!
Have a good afternoon!
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:33 PM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:15 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6

Hey all...

yesterday was my nephew's baptism, about 1 1/2 hours away, so we didn't get home til 4:30. Then we just sprwled on the couch and watced two movies...it was so much fun to just do that, we never do that!!! Today I went through my summer clothes and tried on bathing suits...ugh. of course, i insist on trying them on when TOM is here. Seriously, I've been doing it every year since I was single...I have no idea why, I just feel compelled to try them on when I am at my most bloated. Needless to say, I am discouraged. I have not eaten well in the last week, and exercise has been down to four days a week instead of six the last two weeks. So I'm getting my act together...I only have 5 weeks til we go to the shore.

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend.

Steph, the dress sounds great. Keep up the non-smoking thing...it's so worth it, esp. to your kids!!!

Lauren, glad you had a nice dinner. HOpe the pup does great in the contest!!

Alicia, so sorry you miss the family. Dont you love the new tv, though??? Hope this job works out okay, and hope Spencer is feeling better by now.

Trish, you are a wonder woman. Don't be too hard on yourself, we all go through ups & downs with our eating/taking care of ourselves. When are you going to hear any news on your labwork, or did I miss that somewhere??

Gg, did you go out with your friend this weekend?? How was it?

christina, sending you hugs for dominic. Hope things will continue to get better for him.

Kari, Welcome!! Feel free to jump in, we're all friends here!!

Joan, so glad you enjoyed the party. Can't wait to hear how you did this week with the weigh in!!!

Hanna, Lisa, whomever I'm forgetting, HEY!!!

Cadence has her graduation from preschool tomorrow(they do it a few days early), have to go make browines. She finishes on Thursday, then will do a mini-camp ther for two weeks. She loves it. Frankie's not out until June 17th, but they go back after Labor Day...I wish they would get out a week earlier & go back a week earlier...it gets too hot for them, and they don';t have AC at his school.

Okay, hope everyone has a wonderful evening. Think I'm gonna watch the final DWTS...I love Christian

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:45 PM   #15  

evening all..my day of corse went quickly...had a good chiro apt, got realigned and what not. Then had an eye apt. Dr found that i'm having an autoimmune reaction under my eyelids. Its due to long term contact wearing. He says its nothing serious, but will cuase some minor irritation and itching. We are going to try some new cleaner for my contact and not wear them longer than 3 wks. Its a reaction to protien build up on the contacts. I then went to the barn and spend some time with the pony. I came home and it was already 7.30. Had din and got some some cookies made for dh (and yes i turned them down), then got all my veggies i bought today chopped and prepped for the week.

pam- yes i did get to hang with my friends. We had such a good time. It was like old times. I'm glad to know someone else in the area.

sheywood- i've never been to tuscany...definately excited. Parents are dying for a family trip and this is where they are taking us. They rented a villa for a week in tuscany. I will take lots of pics.

Alright all...time for me to go now...have a good night..i am going to try to get up and go to the gym before work. take care all