Old 04-03-2008, 07:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Chat Thur April 3rd

Morning all...just a quick hi. Work has been going good so far...or maybe i'm just ignoring the stupid stuff. Its been a little more challenging since i'm working with a extership student and i have a new dr I'm training. So if one isn't asking questions, the other is. It keeps me running in circles a lot....lol. I also am sort of frustrated because the office manager that's coming from another place said she'd try to come 2-3 times a week to work with the receptionist and the other office manager stuff. We haven't seen her at all this week...and the staff keeps asking me about the schedule. Im relived that i'm not having to do all this crap...but it would be nice if it was actually being done LOL.

As for my back...i'm better...for those who asked. I'm not sure what's going on with my back. However, when i got my massage on sunday to help with my back, the massuse (sp?) noted that on of my neck vertebrae is out of whack and he said that my hip is misaligned...so that's why i need to find a chiropracter. I'm going to try to go today or tomorrow if i can.

Alirhgt...got to run...bye all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:48 AM   #2  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Mornin' everyone!

I have an orientation today for the one job DH didn't want me to take. Still not sure if they even have anyone for me...seems more like they want me on hold in case. Anyways, my mom said I should do it...at least until I find something else, never know when that will be. Haven't heard anything back from any of the other jobs. DH wants me to apply at the gas station....I think it's kind of a scary place to work though.

Anyways...

GG, glad your back is better and work is getting better!

Dawn, how old will Tai be? I miss when the kids were little and the big family birthdays, so much fun.

Joan, you meanie! JK, JK. Was that Brigid's hair you cut? The same one who asked if fall would be tomorrow? Will her daddy still love her? Awww, so innocent and sweet. Please show pics!

I've been eating better these past few days but I've been running around and haven't been getting in as much exercise!

BTW, when I went to Penny's yesterday, I asked the associate if she could do a bra fitting. She wasn't the "certified" person. Very sweet lady. She told me when she does it, it always turns out wrong. She was no help at all. She tried looking at me and guessing and told me to try a bunch on. I told her I didn't have time and would have to come back. I did get some cute bras for DD though.

Hello to everyone else, hope all have a wonderful day!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! GG hopefully you can get into the chiropractor soon! I know how painful it is to be out of whack and how much an adjustment or two helps!
Alicia, I was at Penny's the other day to get a new bra as well. Considered asking for a fitting, but all the associates were stocking in the pajama section, so decided against it. I have been somewhat frustrated with how "deflated" I am becoming up there. Before I started my working out, I asked my hubby, "would you rather me be fluffy with boobs, or thinner with none?" lol, he didn't comment, probably thought it was a double edged sword. But after breastfeeding 4 kids (i think it was more so the twins) there isn't a whole lot left!
I was going to work out this morning but I kind of let my frustrations of hitting this plateau get the best of me. I can't seem to move down on the scale. Been stuck here for the past couple weeks. So, this morning I am going to do housework, maybe pull out the sewing machine to finish the outfits for the twins I started a week ago. I should spend time in my closet! There is about a 1'x2' area where you can see carpet, the rest is covered with clutter.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
Steph
Oh BTW, how do you post pics? I can't figure it out
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Default Another rainy day in IN

Hey everyone,

Well here I am again watching it rain, I'm thinking I would have been better off a fish at this point at least they're getting to be outside doing something.

I don't remember who asked about my SUV, they're fixing it today, I guess a computer sensor was bad. They swear it wasn't from what they did 3 weeks ago. The sensors are not cheap. I am not thrilled.

Hanna, I did make an appt. to have my regular girly check since its been 4 yrs., and to have a complete physical and bloodwork up done. I really hope this will get me some answers. I made an appt. for the oldest DD also, she's not very happy with me about it, but I told her we should have done it last year when when started and to get used to it. I got her in with a woman so that should make it easier on her.

Joan, I took Lil Sis to get her hair cut about a month or so ago, she was still carrying alot of baby hair on her and it was looking ratty and wispy so we cut a couple of inches and put in a couple of layers and it looked sooooo good. As soon as she saw it she looked at me and growled and said " When my Daddy sees my hair, he's gonna be so ticked off at YOU, MOMMY!" I haven't heard the end of it yet. she keeps asking me why it isn't all back. They are too funny.

Steph, breastfeeding is the enemy of all mens desires. I nursed all 5, I'm right there with ya sister. But I've been big chested all my life so I actually like the idea of smaller girls to dress. I need a bra fitting really bad myself, I have no ides where to go, I'm not going to Victoria's Sec. , so I'll just wait.

Alicia, I wouldn't want to work in the gas station either. Can you apply to go substitute at the schools, I know its not all year round but its convenient with kids. In IN you just have to go file for a license, I think it costs less than 30$, and then you can sub.

I did get my bike and started putting it together last night after church but its missing some parts, like washers and stuff, so I gotta go to the hardware store today to see if I can get the right size. Amazon wants to come and get it and have another shipped to me but I don't want to wait for another week or two. So hopefully I can GIT R DUN!

gotta go big DD has an appt this morning, Eat Smart!

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

GG ~ My SIL was just telling me a week or so ago about her hip being misaligned. She's had chronic back pain for a year now and has made weekly trips to the chiro. Someone turned her on to a "craniosacral therapist" and she is sold on it. They massage your tissues and after a few visits she has ZERO back pain. They also help kids with Autism, Biopolar Disorders, Downs, etc., etc... Google it and see if anyone comes up in your area. Sounds like it's worth checking out.

Alicia ~ Good luck job hunting. Gas station sounds scary to me. I'm a wimp though. I did a bra fitting a while back at Dillards. Any major department store should have someone on hand.

Steph ~ I hear ya' on the closet cleaning... I cleaned out my closet and DH's closet when he was out of town a few weeks back. His still looks ok but mine is a mess again. That is the place where I dump everything that I don't want anyone else to see. I need to find a better hiding spot in the future since it's just a matter of time before the kids start snooping and discover birthday gifts, etc., etc...

Trish ~ good for you for making a dr. appointment for yourself! There could be something minor wrong that could easily be fixed with medicine. How old is DD? I never went to the doctor growing up and I was 21 and wanting to start on b.c. pills so to the doctor I went. Thank God for my older sister as she sent me to her (woman) doctor but I was still terrified.

Karen ~ TOM is 16 days?! Sweetness, no wonder you're always exhausted. You poor girl.

Someone asked me if I use Jergens lotion on my face. I can't remember who but the answer is no I don't.

I went back for my one month Lasik follow-up appt. this morning and everything looks great. I am loving seeing life w/o glasses:-). I've had no problems at all and had 20/20 since the day after surgery. Everyone has made a huge deal out of Brigid's haircut and she seems to be liking it a little bit better. She told me today that she doesn't like how it looks but she does like how it feels. Sounds reasonable. I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to... DH always helps me out but I'm trying to figure these things out myself. It's just so much easier to ask him to do it for me LOL. I've been doing great with my exercise and diet these past few days. DD and I stopped at Bread Co. for lunch today after my appointment and I broke down and got broccoli cheddar soup ~ so good. We also bought one big cookie and she ate 3/4 of it. I'm trying to prove to myself that I don't need WW and that I can do this myself. If I've lose weight by next Wednesday than this is true, if not, I'm off to find the nearest WW meeting...
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Only have a moment. Just wanted to say that I worked in a "Mobil Mart" for 5 yrs., on and off, mostly night shift! And in NJ, we don't have self-serve. So I pumped the gas and ran the conveinence store! I have to say it was great 95% of the time. Minus the a-hole boss. I will say it was in my home town which is a small subarb with a low crime rate, and I knew all the cops. I only had a couple "incidents", one annoying, one a little scary. Oh the stories I could tell though... It was nice in the winter though, because on snowy days, I just had to make sure there was fresh coffee, the township plow trucks all came in for gas and coffee, and the local landscapers also came in. And occasionally I could get one of them to plow my driveway for free or cheap.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Hi everyone!

Not much news here - it is 54 degrees out though! I am waiting for DS to wake up. I am hoping to take a stroller walk this afternoon. I counted today and we have not been out with it for 5 months!! Winter is too long here...

Alicia - DS will be turning 2 on Sat. I can't believe that he is already 2. I hope that you find a job soon that you like.
Trish - enjoy the new bike!
Joan - I am sure DD will be used to her haircut in no time.
GG - hope you get in to the chiro soon - it will feel so much better!
Lauren - hi! Are you still enjoying the new job?

I get my car back tonight - they are supposed to have time to fix it this afternoon. Then I can get some more errands done for the birthday party!

Have a good afternoon and night!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Afternoon all. I went in for my bloodwork this AM so I promised the kids we could go out for breakfast (I was fasting for BW). Of course, we ended up at Burger King so they could play. I ate horribly and have been sick ever since. Ugh. I guess I have been eating better or they make really sucky food. I was so nauseous I was miserable. The kids didn't complain so I guess it was just me.

Christina: Thanks so much for the info on depo. That is so not what my doctor said. He's a schmuck and I need to change. It's just so hard to change gynies! I've got an appt on Monday and depending on what happens I may just find a new one.

GG: I hope that you get in with a good chiro. I went to one a few years back and as far as the adjustment part went he was fine. He tried to give me an ultrasound tx (I had back pain too) and kept lifting the head. I'm awful at confrontation so I never said anything, I just never went back.

Alicia: I'm with you. I'd be scared to work at either a gas station or a convenience store. The case I had jury duty on was someone robbing a convenience store. They had him on video tape and he pled not guity.

Steph: I wish BF had gotten rid of my boobs!! LOL. They are already down to my waist, I can't imagine where they will be in 10 years!!

Joan: We definitely need to see some pics! I bet she looks cute. Yup, last period was about 23 days. That's why I got the depo shot. This one is now 17 days and counting. I want the plumbing yanked!!

Lauren: Sounds like a cool job, except for the night thing. And the winter thing. OK, so maybe it doesn't sound like a cool job! LOL. I hate pumping gas so that's one thing I really like about NJ!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6

Hey all...

Patricia, work sounds like it's busy these days...I know it's more work for you, but are yo enjoying "teaching" someone? I would think it would be cool. As for the chiropractor...Well, I worked for one for 13 years, so I'm a little biased, but I think chiropractic is great. As with any profession, though, there are good doctors & bad ones. I don't go as much as I should (used to get "cracked" once a week), but I feel it when I don't. DH goes every other week for an adjustment and massage...we are very fortunate that our insurance covers it. I highly recommend it, esp. for low back/hip pain. good luck.

Alicia...isn't bra shopping a pain?? I nursed both my kids, and they are deflated. I went from a B to a DD to a C, and the only reason I'm a C is because they stretched out so much there is a lot of extra skin. UGH! Anyway, hopefully something will come through with your job. MY DH would be the opposite. If I even thought of working at a gas station, he would probably freak out, lol.

Steph, I need to get back into sewing. Just got a pattern for some costumes, and I totally do not remember how to sew...I haven't sewn anything except hems (curtains, etc) in about 20 years...my mom got me a new sewing machine for Christmas and I'm dying to use it...any advice on how I can get back into it? I wonder if there's a "Sewing for Dummies" book...

Trish..good luck getting the bike together. I love putting stuff together, but man is it frustrating when pieces are missing!!! Hope you are able to get what you need and get on that thing!!!

Joan,,, such a cute story about Brigid. She sounds like a funny little girl, like Cadence. You definitely need to post pics when you figure out how. Either that or sweet talk your DH into doing it for you...I can't wait to see it!!

Lauren,,,hey, just getting your driveway plowed was probably worth all the hassle of that job, right?? Pretty cool that you knew everyobody, that would make me feel a lot safer.

Dawn, so nice that you are getting your car back...do you still have a lot to do for the party?? Are you having a lot of people...do you have a theme (I am such a party person, it's sick, lol). Hope you were able to get a walk in withTai!!

Karen, I think it's more likely that BK food is crap. I will take Mickey D's over that any day, lol!! Man, I could not imagine having TOM that long. I had an IUD for a few months, and it was like 3 days on, two off, etc ,etc. for several months...i couldn't take it anymore and had it taken out. NOw I may get my tubes tied...anyone done that yet??

Well, just heard that my niece (the one that has had several heart surgeries, is 15 months old) is not doing well. My bro called my parents down to the hospital. She has had a virus for a week, has been at CHOP for 9 days now, and things have taken a bad turn. Apparently her heart rate is at 12. I'm no doctor, but to me it sounds awful. And the fact that he called my parents down is not good. Please just take a minute and say a prayer for Gracie. I really appreciate it. I will let you know as soon as I hear from my mom what is going on.

Well, better get dinner started for the kiddos. Will try to get on later.

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:18 PM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Stephanie, to post the pics you can either do it via a photobucket account or if you "go advanced" you can do it from there. By chosing browse then pic the pics and then upload.

Joan, have you gotten some cool shades? I could eat at Panera everyday I think.

Trish, it started raining here again today too. What age do you start taking DD to that kind of doc. My DD started her period 2 years ago now.

Lauren, the gas station is right off the interstate and it has bars on the windows. If it was small town, probalby would be okay. My DH is insistent I go up there and apply.

Dawn, I am sure you're enjoying the "hot" spell. LOL. Yesterday it was 76 here today it's cold, tomorrow it's gonna be in the 70's again, crazy weather.

Karen, seriously that is insane, the TOM!!! I would probably want my plumbing out too! I went off the BC years back and never got pregnant. I actually have very short peroids. Like 1 or 2 days.

Pam, will def keep little Gracie in my thoughts and prayers. I could imagine. I've been very blessed for both of my kids to be healthy.

I got home today to wondrful news. Found out that my DS has made the A honor roll at school. Tomorrow they are having their awards assembly. He has matured soooo much. I am so proud of him! I hope we don't have to move again for a very long time!

Gonna go for now, talk later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #11  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I only have a quick minute but I want to ask how many of you are doing weight watchers?
momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:01 PM   #12  

hey all! super busy today...gotta tell you my great news!...my boss..who is wonderful...got me a laptop!...a couple weeks ago i had mine in there because i was taking it in to try to get all my pics off it because it had crashed...and the "geek squad" came and got them off...anyways she found out then that i do all my photo stuff on my lap top...so today in the mail came a new laptop just for me!...she was so happy to give it to me and praised me up and down...a little embarrassing..but it was so nice, what a sweet gesture..she said she just wanted to find the perfect way to let me know she appreciated me and didnt want to give me $$ because she didnt want me to pay taxes on whatever it was she did...so this was what she did...isnt that toooo nice?...its a really nice one i think..im no computer info person but...its a dell xps..not sure how else to say what it is...very nice though

karen: would you like me to look at my office and see if i can find some brochures or info for you that we give our patients for depo?..im happy to do it..if you want me to just pm me your address

momof4girls: i do weight watchers, for the most part i follow everything...are you currently doing the program or are you thinking of starting?

alicia: that is so wonderful about ds...he should be very proud of himself!

pam: i am so sorry about your niece...hugs and prayers are coming her way!..please keep us updated

cc and dawn: i hope both of your cars are fixed and done well!...i hate not having a car...

gg: im glad your back is feeling better...take it easy at the gym if you go!

steph: im jealous you were able to breastfeed all of your kids...with my oldest i wasnt about to try..i was 18 and absolutely refused to do "that" in public...ugghhh...what a teen i was...with little mario i tried but didnt produce milk and didnt have the support of my ped or ob office and got frustrated and quit...good luck though finding a bra...i got a fitting at victorias secret..you can try there if you have one..they always have someone available there

lauren: hope you had a great day

joan: good luck...i hope you can prove you dont need ww...if you find the secret please share with me!

ok...i hope i didnt miss anyone..have a great evening im off to clean!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening al..just a quick hi..i'm worn out tired...didnt' get home until 9pm. Long exhausting days filled with a lot of a-hole clients. I hate days like today...although i did have at least one nice client...a client who i diagnosed her cat as having been shot by a lead bullet (and heance was sick due to lead toxicity) came by and gave me a big hug and told me i saved her cats life...that was definately the highlight in an otherwise crap filled cranky pissy client day. Off to bed now..i'm falling asleep as i type
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Default Its Raining, Its Pouring, My life is BORING

Why Can't It Stop Raining!!!!!!!!!! I'm so over this whole temperamental Mother Nature thing, she needs to get it together. I've had a pretty good day, I was tempted to go eat Mexican tonight but I came home and followed my plan instead. I also felt like skipping the workout since it was raining and running in the rain is a pain. (I'm a poet and didn't know it, hee hee) I'm sick to death of the treadmill right now and couldn't get a tv available to do a Firm video. So I sucked it up and went and ran 3 miles in the rain through town, I'm sure that tomorrow morning all the men will be sitting at the local coffee shack talking about what a psycho wife Scott Gladish has. Its a very small town. How small? My son's senior class has 42 kids and its a big class, that small. So, I'm patting myself right now for not giving up or giving in, but there's tomorrow ahead.

Christina, WOW! A laptop, thats fantastic, enjoy!

Alicia, oldest DD will soon be 16, she started almost a year ago. I was told by a nurse that they should go when they start, well, not that day, yuck! Anyway, my mom didn't take me until I was 15 and I started when I was 11 and had problem after problem after problem, so she finally took me and found out I needed surgery. So to have gone sooner would have been nice, I wish she would have warned me what was about to happen though, dysfunctional family, ya gotta love it. If we don't talk about it then it doesn't exist or matter. Until your laying on a table with your feet in stirrups!
Awesome job for DS! Are you doing something special for him to celebrate? Like 1$ for every A, good motivator, well not for my kids, but maybe someone else's.

Pam, they have to send my a new bike, this ones messed up. They are gonna rush it to me though. I'm praying for Gracie and family right now.

Karen, Yeah BK's not so good. My big weakness is Mexican, and I always feel like I have a ten pound brick in my belly afterwards.

Joan, I forgot about your Lasik, I'm so glad that it has gone well and been a good experience for you.

GG, I heard those pain management clinics do a good job to without medications. I don't know if what they do is similar to Chiro or not. I've heard of some local people that have gone to one nearby and they've been helped a lot. Hope you get well soon.

Gotta go, chat with you in the morning, sweet dreams. Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:04 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

GG, My work with the customers was crazy too. I don't know if there is a full moon or not, but it sure did seem like it.

Pam, praying for your family right now.

night all have an early morning tomorrow.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote