Old 03-21-2008, 04:22 PM   #1  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

S/C/G: 236/194.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Introducing myself!

So, my name is Kerry and I am a 37 year old stay at home mother to Tom who is five (nearly 6) and Alex who is 2 (nearly 3!). I'm British, but I live just outside Orlando.

I have been overweight for a looooong time now although I swear it doesn't feel like it.... lol. I was 202lbs when I got pregnant with Tom in 2001 and two weeks after he was born I was back to 202lbs! I lost weight and got down to 174lbs only to put it all back on again on one wild trip back to the UK (eating all those bad foods I missed so much!) and was 202lbs when I got pregnant with Alex in Oct 2004. When Alex was born I was 256lbs and I hope at my heaviest ever. I've been losing weight in bursts over the past three years and I am currently at 196,... ish. I say ish because my Dad has been visiting for two weeks and I know I've gained but I'm not sure where I'm at... lol.

Anyway..... I'm looking for a support network and I'm hoping you guys might be able to fit me in?!!!!!

The wagon is slipping out from beneath me and I need to halt it's progress like SUPER FAST!!!!
MamaToTomAndAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:48 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Kerry! Welcome! Hang onto the bumper and come join us on the daily chat thread!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Best of luck to you. I am new to this forum, but I am finding it to be absolutely amazing. The daily chat thread is so cool. I am just getting to know what is going on with everyone, but this group is so full of insightful, articulate, fun women!

What is so unique to me about using this forum as a way to loose and adopt a new way of life is that, while I may chat and cajole with those I meet here, they are shared in my experience to be my best self, as they are walking the same journey. They will never be in my living room suggesting we order a pizza to go with a movie, or calling me to go out to a buffet to chat for hours while we munch!

I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do!
motomom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:49 PM   #4  
Babygal

S/C/G: 238/225/135

Height: 5'3

Greetings, I am very new also, so far so good I am enjoying myself on this site and find the chicks very encouraging. My last weight was 234 and I have a long range goal of 135. I have not weighted myself since my first day here which happened to be about 5 days ago, LOL. Sooo, is that new enough for you? Let's lose the first 20 together.
gal
Babygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #5  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

We're so glad to have you join our awesome community!!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:31 PM   #6  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

S/C/G: 236/194.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone for the responses!!!

I've done sooooo well up to now I refuse to let it slip. Another lady from another forum has in her signature that she can't lose 100lbs, but she can lose 10lbs ten times! I think that is such a good idea that I think I might be adopting it myself.

I'm up at the moment to about 198 so I'm thinking of starting there and setting my short term goal to 188 It will be so good to be out of the 190's and far enough from 200 that it doesn't matter HOW much water I drink the scale won't get there!

Thanks again for the welcome! See you all in the daily chat thread

I need a signature... *sigh*... only four more posts to go!

Kerry
x
MamaToTomAndAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello! and Welcome!! I believe you will find the support and encouragement you are looking for here. Everyone is so nice and like motomom mentioned, its nice to have a group of people around that have the same common interest as yourself!
I think its a good idea to have short term goals as well. It feels more achievable! Looking forward to getting to know you!
stephanie
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote