Old 02-06-2008, 07:08 AM   #1  
KAR

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Feb.6th

Morning Everyone,
Just a quick note to say hi! It is Hump Day and a new day to start fresh with our diet and exercise goals. Hope everyone has a great day! I will check back in with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!! Got a busy day of running errands, etc. DS is going back to school. Hope he makes it thru the day!!!

Make it a GREAT day and see ya later!
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! I can't believe that it is Weds. already. Not sure of what we will do today...except for laundry. There is always laundry to do. Planning on working out. We do have some things to bring to the Salvation Army in town. DH went to the caucus last night, so I didn't get much of a break from DS, so I think we might need to get out of the house again today.

Hi Kerry and CR!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

morning all. I'm sore from last nights workout (but its a god sore). Its suppose to rain hard today, hopefully we won't get those tornadoes that TN got yesterday. But it looks like we'll be in a tornado watch all day. i think that means i won't get to ride the pony. I have to do laundry today, run to the clinic to finish my notes (the new recept started end of day before i was done so the computers automatically shut down), go to the gym, and then have a dentist apt.

Welcome Chuunkomommy....we are a pretty supportive group here.

hannah - i love the new pic. Its nice to see new avitars.

oh yeah..i'm down another pound. i'm down to 170....soon i'll be out of the 70's...can't wait. I've been working hard...its frustrating that its not coming off fasters, but i am loosing and that's what i keep tellin myself. 1 pound loss is better than none (:
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:25 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey all, I'm not really awake right now ~ so my post will be short.

I didn't get a good nights sleep last night. I started TOM yesterday and the cramps are here in full force today. Of course it's "Senior Day" at work ~ so all the little old ladies are going to be out in force. :yuck: I don't feel like being cheerful or helpful or anything. At least I am the mid-shift so I can rest and I am also not there so late.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:46 AM   #6  
KAR

It is raining here a lot! I am hoping that they let us out early since we have a lot of roads that are already flooded. One of my little girl's didn't come to school today because of the flooding on her road. Then I could go home and work on my paperwork that is due at the beginning of March.
Lisa I know what you mean about TOM. I started mine last night after I got home from my meeting. So now I know why I had a gain last night. Hope you make it through the day without killing any little old ladies or co-workers. Have you had a lot of rain in the last couple days in your neck of the woods?
Dawn hope that you get out and about today. Sorry to hear that you didn't get much of a break from your ds. Enjoy your laundry! That is a never ending job isn't?
CR enjoy your errands. Hope your ds is feeling better and makes it through the day without any problems.
GG congrats on the pound loss! Keep up the good work. You are starting to see the payoff from your hard work. Enjoy your day off!
Hi to everyone else. Hope you are having a great start to your days.
Have a wonderful day!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #7  

good morning everyone...quick little note..im late.......AGAIN

laid back night...everyone was gone...watched tv and vegged..it was nice...dominics first day at work was good he said..he will be back on friday and saturday...about 4 hours each day...we are going to lunch on saturday after he gets off at 1..so good good over here

going to work and then leaving early to go work out..have a great day all!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:52 AM   #8  

lisa - hang in there
kar - hope the flooding doesn't get too back
christiana - glad you enjoyed a quiet night.
joan - btw to answer your question..i usually meet with my pt twice a week. Wish i could do more..but the lessons are going to run out soon LOL

I've gotten 2 loads of laundry done, ran to work to finish my medical notes and picked up the house some. I'm looking for ideas. Anyone have a good suggestion that is low fat for left over turkey breast. I'm bored of it but we have some left in the freeezer and am looking for something that might work. Thing i'll go do a google search...but if anyone has a great recipe...let me know
Old 02-06-2008, 11:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Kerry ~ You sound chipper this morning Girl. You should feel proud of yourself for staying on plan even when the scale isn't cooperating. Good for you!

cr ~ is DS still going in for an MRI tomorrow? He must be doing better if he's at school???

Dawn ~ did your state vote yesterday? I got on my bike last night and was going to watch the election results but kept flipping back to a Hallmark movie. What does that say about me lol:-).

GG ~ wooohooo! You're almost out of the 170's. Very cool. Stay safe today. I don't have a low-fat recipe for turkey breast. Maybe soup? I'd google it and see what you come up with. I hardly ever open up a cookbook anymore and use the computer all of the time for new recipes.

Morning Lisa! Hang in there Girlie. Will you still work weekends in your new position?

Hi Christina ~ Girl, that weight is falling off of you ~ what a great feeling!

I took my daughter to her Brownies meeting last night and there was another mom there that has lost a lot of weight ~ 45 lbs. in 13 weeks!!! She's been doing Medifast. I have such mixed feelings about that sort of thing. Who wouldn't want to lose weight fast? However, it cannot be good for your overall health. Her body looked great last night but her face looked so much older than it had a month ago.

Pam ~ didn't you say that you had lasik a year or so ago? Did you have any complications at all? I am sooooo excited!!! My surgery date is less than 3 weeks away.

Alicia ~ One thing at a time. Keep up the exercise and then gradually cut back on the food. I think that exercise is the biggie for our overall health. I so admire you on the days when you write that you've had a bad day; too many Pepsi's, etc., etc... You're being honest and coming here for support. Hang in there !

Hanna ~ love the new picture, you little skinny thing! I can't tell from the picture if that is a sweater or skirt that you're wearing. Is it something that you knit yourself?

Time to get some things accomplished. As I said yesterday, the good thing about not going anywhere is that I'm getting a lot done here at home. Mike's car will be fixed by tomorrow afternoon (yippee!). Happy Hump Day ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I'm unemployed. Today was not a better day, was forced to quit. That's about all I can say for now.

Chunk,

Hanna, love the pic!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning all!

GG congratulations on your 1 Lbs loss! as far as the turkey breast, how about shreding it and mixing it w/some chopped tomato, cilantro, onions and a little bit of chpped cucumber, that's what I usually do w/left over pultry and everyone likes it!

CR glad to hear things are getting back to normal

Kerry I hope the water doesn't get to bad.

Lisa I will have postive thoughts going your way for today "sinior day" don't get run over, LOL.

My little dude and dudette were here last night and the other little dude was here too, they all slept in bed, I was hoping Zurg would sleep in his bed, but NOT! It was kind of fighting for a place in bed, LOL. I feel like I was ran over by a truck.
I don't have an excuese not to do laundry today, DH found a bos of detergent in the garage, he was looking for something for his car and he found a box in the back of a cabinet.
I am getting ready to leave for my meeting, my friend Jan is picking me up in about 45 minutes.
I will be back later,

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:59 AM   #12  

hey guys..i did a google search and found a turkey tettrazini that i'm going to modify to make lower fat...use low fat cream of mushroom, lower the amount of cheddar and increase slightly the amount of parmasan (richer flavor) and cut out the butter and use only a small amount of EVOO instead...overall it looks like not too bad of plan. thanks for the suggestions

laruen -sorry to hear about you having to quit..that sux hang in there

off to run errands soon and then the dentist for a cleaning.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Laruen sorry you lost your job, what a shame, they lost a great gal! keep your chin up, things will turn around for the better, there is something great for you out there! I will send positive vibes your way

Joan you are very kind, no that is not one of the sweaters I knitted, it is an old sweater I got many years ago. I agree w/you on doing diets that make you loose a lot of weight to fast, it takes a long time to put the weight on, you have to do it gradually, and not only that but you have to change your habits and that doesn't happen w/a pill or what ever.

I am going, my friend just called she is right around the corner

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #14  
Heather

S/C/G: 230/215/160

Height: 5' 2"

Default Thanks for the welcomes!

Hi 30-somethings!

Thanks to all for the great welcomes! You all sound like a great supportive group and I'm glad I'm here!

I'm on my own this week as my hubby (Ryan) is away at a trade-show. I really don't mind too much but, he called last night from THE KEG (my favorite restaurant) and I have to say that I was sooooo jealous! The man can eat whatever he wants and has a great body! I just look at cake and can feel my butt getting bigger! (ha! ha!)

The girls are at school - we didn't get the snow here - instead we had freezing rain which pretty much meant that I needed an ice-pick to get my suv's doors open! Thank goodness for 4-wheel drive!!

I've got some laundry to catch up on so - that's on the agenda for today. I'm hoping that after-school the kids and I will just come home and relax. Almost everyday they get invited to a friends or have friends come over! (which is great for them but, today I'm not feeling too well)

Hope everyone has a great day -
I'll check in later

chunkomommy
(Heather) - please feel free to use my name!
chunkomommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Hey - back again. Ran to the courthouse to change my the address on my license - was the fastest service I have ever had to do anything with a license!!

Lauren - I am so sorry to hear about the job.
Hannah - hope that you had a good visit with your friend.
Lisa - hope that the sr. day was bearable...
GG - that recipe sounds good!
Joan - I didn't watch the political stuff either - was watching the biggest loser.
Hi Christina!

More later -trying to stay out of the kitchen after lunch. Had some really good Progressive soup with lower sodium - Italian Wedding soup.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote