Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 02:24 PM   #46  

Smile

Liz is correct...

-- Olympic officials award gold medals to Canadian figure skaters Sale and Pelletier; international skating officials suspend judge. Watch CNN or log on to http://CNN.com /AOL Keyword: CNN for the latest news.

I get "Breaking News" from Cnn, and that is what their email said!!!

Old 02-16-2002, 04:28 PM   #47  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!!
Well, my baby had her heart surgery yesterday and did wonderful!!!She was soooooo brave!!!!!!!!!!!We called her IV the airplane and her heart monitor things "stickers".SHe even stayed in the bed from 3pm until 9 this morning!!!They used a cardiac catheterization procedure and threaded up a patch and it worked beautiful...THe hole turned out being 13 mm soo it was bigger than anyone thought....No open heart !!!!!!
Of course, with every hour vital sign checks, Iv medications and the constant "beep" of the heart monitors.,I slept 2 hrs total..I am soo glad Little Tootie is now home and I can relax with Refman. He did not make a good partner yesterday..He knows alot about Engineering but the nursing is for me!!! He couldnt understand why the constant monitoring, etc etc!!
THe nurses let me do everything with the IV and removing everything soo it made her more comfortable....Now, we have to keep her from getting "hit" in the chest for 6 weeks, give her Aspirin for the next 6 months and then just do the echocardiagrams every year!!!!
I CAN BREATHE NOW!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the prayers!!!!
Vicki
Old 02-16-2002, 05:25 PM   #48  

Vicky,

I am so HAPPY that everything went well. That is GREAT news!

Nanci
Old 02-16-2002, 05:36 PM   #49  

Hi all,

Will try to be brief this time. Valentines was great - we had "romantic time" on Wen night. Thurs, exchanges gifts (flowers for me, pants, socks and cable tv for him), then walked over to the pond on Boston common and went ice skating. It was so crowded but so much fun. Even my toes are out of shape! Then we went to legal seafood for dinner (my favorite!) and came home and talked - great night. Still bouncing right around 150...

RR: I am so thrilled things went smoothly - I can not imagine the stress you have been under. Hope these next few weeks of being careful fly by for you all. That is truly the best news.

Lizzard: Congrats on coming close to goal and the inches lost and the perfect valentines evening! Good luck with the easter goal and the puppy! Florida is a pleasure trip We go every year and I love it. Was hoping to be in the 130's for this year - won't make it, but I will be close! Thanks for posting about the canadians - that was the first I heard of the decision - what a mess.

Rabbit: Yay staying op of VD and congrats on the lb. Good job with the M&M pennance (sp). If I am good tomarrow, I will have made up for last week as well. I am really only behind on milk this week. So, I was looking more into what counts and what does not. I have a little cheese every day but not much so never count it. But, I HAVE been counting icecream and skinny cows! OOPS! Will need to get back to having a yogurt each day along with my slifmast! Glad to hear the skinny cow news - now if they only could count as that milk! Best of luck with your busy week.

LBH: Good you are learning about your food requirements! I so often eat far more than I need. I do best if I can just constantly eat throughout the day without ever having any one big meal - OH, to be a cow! What a great hubby - Barrel full of monkeys love thing? Do tell - NOT:LOL:. Great job on curves!

Tech: WOW!!! GREAT JOB last week. Where do you take quilt class? Sounds fun

Lyssalou: LOL - don't get TOO busy expecting more from self - take time to reward self for good accomplishments! Sounds like you all are very busy and doing a great job. Glad you and hubby got a chance to chat.

Nanci: Congrats on the loss and on getting right back on track. Havn't talked to anyone from Chatham, but from the interviews it sounds like Todd is happy he did well in the LP. Hope things turn around at work.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 02-16-2002, 10:08 PM   #50  

Well, in addition to being overweight, I am a slob. I have always struggled with that, but since having the 3 & 4 yr. olds 1 yr and 1 day apart, It has been even more difficult for me to fight. Well, I am working hard to "expect more of myself" (I really love that phrase); and I have almost gotten my kitchen cleaned, and made major headway in the living room. I wonder how many calories housework burns? And I am working on keeping up with instead of always catching up with laundry.

We splurged for breakfast this morning, I took Martha White muffin mix, 2 c. Rolled Oats, and 1 1/2 c. milk, and made muffins. It is aprox. 250 cals. for 2 muffins, with only 25% of calories from fat. It was a nice treat from bran cereal and milk and better than donuts. The kids even thanked me for cooking, which is very rare.

My scales are continuing to move. I am so glad, because I was worried that I had hormone problems that might make it difficult to loose. But so far so good. I guess I have lost 3 lbs. this week. Which means I have lost 5 lbs. since I started posting. And possibly 10 lbs. total from my top weight. (I lost 5 lbs. right before I even started on this diet because I had a bladder problem, and I had started drinking lots of lemon water - aprox. 100 oz. a day. - cleared up the problem, and I lost 5 lbs.)

RR-I am glad everything went well for your family. Heart problems can be very scarry. I also send wishes for a speedy recovery.

Baily - Wow on the romantic date. Seafood is the most romantic meal in my opinion.
Closed Thread