Old 10-06-2007, 11:19 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

lolat hannah...everyone keeps asking that...no i'm def not preggers. TOM right now as we speak. I think i've just haven't been eating as well this week and not getting proper nutrients...i also think tom may be playing some part. We'll see. I'm up late watching the gator game but hopefully i'll get to sleep in some. hope you feel better hannah
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:35 AM   #17  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

MOrnin' All!

No, we're not living here yet. We had a sleepover here last night though. NOT fun. Sleeping on air mattresses, kids still trying to get in bed with us, even though their beds are right next to us...ugh.

We have a brunch today for the firemen. I don't tend to really overeat much at brunches though, so I should be OK. MIL is coming over to watch the boys at our house. They're good for her though, she'll keep them running, probably will walk them around the neighborhood a few times.

Have a great day all! Oh, Karen, I told DH about the festival, wish we could go, but it won't be worth it to drive down there after the brunch, especially on a Sunday afternoon.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:21 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Happy Sunday All!

GG ~ you're probably just tired because you've been working lots of long hours. Your days sound incredibly busy. Your body is probably still adjusting to your new schedule. Enjoy your day off today!

Lisa ~ did you get to sleep in on your first of three days off? Hope the time away spent at the wedding is a good time for you.

Laurie ~ beach? You lucky girl! I would love to live close to a beach.

Lauren ~ DH is a fireman? Very cool. Yeah ~ you have a dishwasher! We didn't have one in our old house and I am lovin' having one now:-). Those ads that look too good to be true, really *are* too good to be true....

Blue ~ good hearing from you. I can't believe you're not losing weight with as active as you are these days. Maybe you should try shaking up your diet a little? Or, it could be that you're not getting enough calories in thru out the day? It's got to be discouraging to not see any changes on the scale.

Alicia ~ cleaning ~ uggghhhh. I just hate filling my weekend with cleaning. I hope that you're able to get out and enjoy your Sunday ~ no cleaning today!

Pam ~ apple crisp sounds yummy! So... the kids were gone last night... Hope that you and DH had some excellent alone time together;-).

KarenK ~ ditch that big a*%@ stroller! Those things are so heavy and hard to operate (not to mention they take up way too much room). That is why your back is hurting so bad. Do you ever use an umbrella stroller? They're light, easy to operate and cheap. I see moms huffing and puffing while battling with strollers that look like small SUV's. Often they have a child inside that is too big for a stroller and needs to be walking. I know that isn't the case with the little tiny peanut that you have. She's light but the stroller isn't.

Hanna ~ So sorry to read about your week and that Sean isn't doing so well. I'm so glad that you have that wonderful DH to look out after you. Hang in there dearie...

Annie's Brownie troop met at a pumpkin patch yesterday morning (kettle corn!). I took both of my girls and they had such fun. So cute to see all those little girls having a blast together. Yesterday afternoon DH and I met another couple at a winery. It is really hot yesterday (90 degrees) and the first winery that we went to was packed. Lots of college age kids and live band. Twenty years ago I would have loved that but not these days. Give me peace and quiet with my wine these days! We ended up at a tiny little winery filled with "old" (30 to 40 somethings) folks. Perfect. We're having company this evening so I need to get my buns in gear and doing some quick cleaning and cooking. Hugs to all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:32 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

irish - i love wineries...we have a lot in north ga...need to go check out some day. I'm like you..i like a more calm subdue place..not to packed..where you can relax and enjoy a good glass of vino
lauren - i hear ya about the air matress..they suck LOL

dh and i this am did our fun hike up kennesaw mt. We wanted to stay close to home since we are going to havea garage sale next week and are going thr the house deciding what to put in it. But it was a great hike...about 55 min up and back..and the dog loved every minute of it. until we got home...and she got a bath...she hates baths but at least she's not a stinky dog anymore LOL
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:36 PM   #20  
LBH

Did I post links for you guys to my new appliances? Well, if not, here is my Cooktop:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...8EB&lpage=none

and Dishwasher:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...LFC&lpage=none

We got the cooktop for 250., it's brand new, and the dishwasher for 298, brand new in box! Sorry I'm gloating, I'm just soo darn excited!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #21  
LBH

Joan, yeah, he's a volunteer firefighter. He has only been a "social" member for the past 3 yrs., because mom's house is not near the firehouse, but our new house (although it's in a different town) is actually right around the corner from his firehouse, he could walk there! So he's excited that he can be an active member again. Of course, it's a pretty quiet town, mostly fire alarms and MVAs.

Hanna, glad you're feeling a bit better. The company called me because they used to service the chimneys with the old people (who gave them our name). The girl, a customer service person, told me over the phone that it was 39.95 for all 3 chimneys! When I asked her if they also do the heating vents (forced hot air heat), she had to ask. The person in the background said yes, and she said that was included. I just said OK, but I was skeptical. If the service guy hadn't asked me, I was going to ask him to make sure first anyway!

Blue, Poor BF, did he have all 4 removed? Were they impacted? I guess he either didn't have pain, or he's brave (read: drugged)!!

We were gone for the brunch for about 2.5 hrs. and MIL has my LR, DR, Kit sparkling! I wish I had 1/2 her energy!

Might take the boys to the Railway Museum for the Pumpkin Festival, if we can muster the energy. DH & I are both exhausted after last night's lack of sleep!
Old 10-07-2007, 04:21 PM   #22  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Hey all - just checkin in to say hello!

Lauren - he did have all 4 pulled and 2 of them (bottom) were impacted. I have been taking care of him. He is a tough guy though and he went to play a softball tournament yesterday regardless - and then tried to eat pizza with the guys afterward. He sure was sorry when he got home. He is doing a little better today, but i think it is gonna be a nother couple days before he is nack to normal.

Joan - I know it is amazing that i am not losing. My calories are in a good range I get in everything I need to - Im fairly connvinced that something is not right. My bf's mother was telling me to have my thyroid checked as soon as my insurance kicks in. I know alot of people who see my pictures tell me that I dont need to lose but the fact is that 5 more pounds and I would be considered obese - i guess my pics dont seem to do justice to how heavy i am.

Well everyone, my pc is about to die (battery - laptop) so, hello to everyone else and I will check back in soon
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:05 PM   #23  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello guys. Well, we went back to the festival today and got way better parking! We were right beside the stuff this time. The kids had a great time. Think bouncy houses, all kinds of road work trucks/excavators to climb on, giant sand box, huge Lego train display and stations set up with Legos to play with, Ronald McDonald magic show, pumpkin bowling, fair rides, police dogs to pet, wolves to pet, fire trucks giving rides on the ladder bucket thingee. Total kid paradise.

Whoops, dinner is here!! Back in a bit.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:21 PM   #24  

well, spent the weekend at the beach. My Dh was out of town and I was going to bail on a couples weekend at the cape we had planned and just go to Portsmouth but I decided to go anyway. Had great fun with my friend cat. Went sunbathing, ate shellfish and her hubbie played guitar by the fire while we drank wine. Was awesome!!! Im home now just made a yummy dinner (will post in recipes tomorrow). Hope you all had a great weekend.

OH, and BTW, Cat is a runner so went for 2 5 mile runs. Thought I would die but was a great accomplishment.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:10 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

I'm doin' a GG... posting while under the influence;-). We had dinner guests tonight nad had a little vino (which we bought at the winery yesterday). Feeling happy... Tomorrow is our 13th wedding anniversay. DH is telling me that he loves me but is too tired to be amorous;-). He's training for his marathon and ran 18 miles this a.m.

Laurie ~ Your weekend sounds like an excellent one. Eating shellfish and then listening to guitar music on the beach ~ such fun! Plus, running 2.5 miles ~ good for you!

I have to get back on trac ktomorrow as I've made some seriously bad choices this weekend. Talk to everyone tomorrow ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:44 PM   #26  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Joan, just want to wish you and DH a wonderful anniversary. Do you have any plans? DH ran how many miles? Wow.

Laurie, wine on the beach sounds like a great end to the summer.

Karen, wow you went back for more jK, it must of been alot of fun, hope you back is feeling better.

Lauren, it will be nice having an extra burner. I have a cooktop similar with 4 burners and I was just thinking what a waste of space the middle was.

Hanna, hope that you are feeling better soon. Do you have someone to help with Sean. I thought you said something about it before.

Kerry, did you go out of town?

Hey everyone else!

Well, I think that I am going to start counting calories again. I think I will sart tomorrow. I know I should have planned better (grocery shopping). Anyways, when I weighed in Friday, I gained 2+ pounds from the previous Friday. So tomorrow I will weigh again and then start from there. The only thing is I am not sure how many calories I need to lose weight. I think before I was eating to few. Do any of you use a site to help you figure it out?

Well, I will talk later
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #27  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all, I am back home from Cleveland. It was a very nice trip. . . the wedding was a High Catholic Mass which was different for me. Reception was a blast ~ I even did good eating wise. I got to see and reconnect with some friends that I hadn't seen in almost 4 years.

I want to respond to everybody, but I have had several very late nights in a row. (in low monster style voice) MUST GO TO BED!

Night all,

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:20 PM   #28  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Good evening everyone it's my b-day today and im just sad i tried to stay busy i took my kids and grandbaby bowling the jess and the baby wanted to go home so i took angelica and james to see Game plan it was allright i'll check back tomarrow
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:43 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello!
happy birthday Michelle! sounds like you had a nice b-day!

Joan I think saying I am doing a GG was pretty funny! Happy anniversary!

Laurie what a great weekend! good for you to do the 2.5 mile run!

Blue it isn't a bad idea to check your thyroid, can't hurt. I hope you have good week and that bf feels better soon!

Hi Alicia, it would be great to know where to find out about figuring out calories. Have a good week!

Karen that is great you were able to go back to the festival, sounds like you had a much better day today w/out hiking that hill!

Lauren your appliances are great! thanks for sharing. wow you sure got a deal!!! enjoy them!

GG I love to do garage sales, I enjoy giving little kids things they look at and some time the parents don't want to pay so I just give them the stuff (toys) to take away the leave w/a huge smile. My dogs little stinker dudes don't like baths either, right now I have them both and they desperately need one, I am going to do it tomorrow, it is to funny how much the hate being bath but once it is all done they seem very happy to be clean, my previous yorkie would try to find a way out of the house to the backyard and roll in the dirt after a bath.

I had a good day today, Sean and I went to a street fair in our town, it was good, I got kettle corn of course! We were suppose to go to Disneyland but he didn't have a good day on Friday at school, as a matter of fact it was awful! we told him if he didn't have a good day he wouldn't be able to go, it was a bummer for me, I really wanted to go. oh well! We also went shopping in the AM, Sean did pretty well at the mall I was very surprised! I got him a pair of heelys for him, I don't like them, I still can't believe I bought them. Have you every smelled the fragrance "flower bomb" oh my G-d! it is so great! I had to get it, it is incredible!
I did Ok in the eating department, for dinner tonight we went to "home town buffet" I had a plate of raw vegetables that's all I felt like. DH had all the other stuff, he wanted to go there, I don't really care for the restaurant but the vegetables were great! I don't know what is going on w/my weight I am up to 118 I can't figure this out, my pants are pretty loose but I think I am retaining water, my fingers feel swollen so I guess I could be it.
DH is calling me to come downstairs, better go!
I will see you all tomorrow

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote