Old 04-04-2007, 12:26 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Daily Chat Thread: Wednesday April 4th

Good Morning Y'all! I thought since there is soooo much rivelry, I would start today's thread!

Okay GG I am upset that Ohio State didn't win, but from what I've heard, the Gators played one Heck of a game, as well as bad reffing.

Lauren, sounds like the letters were the right ones. My goodness your boys have grown up soo fast. They look soo big.

MJ, I was busy all Monday night and Tuesday ~ wasn't able to get to the computer ~ which is why I am starting the thread.

to the rest, good night time for bed

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'4"

A chat for tomorrow already I'm having trouble getting time on the computer these days. I miss checking in and seeing how everyone is.

Hope you're all doing well. I just finished eating the ears and head of a chocolate bunny. so much for no chocolate - it was almost two weeks.
Clover2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

A decapitated bunny!! Was it hollow chocolate or solid? I don't know why, but I always think the hollow chocolate ones taste better.

Sorry though you fell off the chocolate wagon. Try, try again.

Hmm...maybe I'll go to bed now and dream of bunnies.
RR should be getting up soon.!! Good morning!!

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:35 AM   #4  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Ok..I knew I should not have put the laundry to dry, do the makeup, put in the contacts, get the coffee, make the toast, feed the cats and set out #3's clothes for DH before comming here this morning Early birds!!!!or rather late ones????

#2 has pneumonia, ear infection and sinus infection--I took her to the Pedi yesterday and she didnt even fight..Her weight is totally on track--has lost 16lbs in a year since starting on the Thyroid medicine..who would think a little gland has soo much control??(of course I thought taking out the tonsils and inserting ear tube set #10 3 weeks ago would have helped???

I am making time for me to scrapbook(on June 2006 now ) and to run on the treadmill...Now easter is upon us with the chocolate--our Louisiana bunny brings Curious George panties, swim suits, dvd's, play doh and one little hollow bunny...I think they like the eggs and not the candy...No temptations to me either...

Lauren--hope the job situation goes your way!!! I am staying for now...I am waiting to see what will happen on monday when the new unit opens..Plus I have been there so long--everywhere is a cut in pay and I now get 7 weeks vacation a year and dont think I could go back to 2 weeks...Let us know!!

GOOD MORNING LISA!!!! haha UR too funny!!!!Kerri--I could never last soo long!! I am early to bed!!!
Hello all!!!off to save lives!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:17 AM   #5  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Another quick note given that I've gotta get my buns in gear. There was talk of a day trip today and I don't want to be the reason everyone is sitting around waiting (like was yesterday. :P).

Feeling kinda unhappy today after a "bad" encounter at a train club meeting last night. I felt very much out of place and unwanted - and from an individual who has normally supported me greatly in the past. Anyway, I don't quite know how to feel about this, but I know that 12 hours later I'm still not all that happy.

Anyway, ladies. Keep out of the chocolate.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

wow...lots of posting so early. As for me UGGGHHHHHH...myseveral days of gluttony caught up to me...2.5lb gain this week. Why do i do it to myself. Oh well...back on the wagon.
LBH- yes the gators did play great! and it was a good game. As for bad reffing....it was..but that didn't effect Ohio. All the missed calls/bad calls benefited ohio....the gators couldn't get calls made against ohio...i thing what hurt ohio is we were hitting all our 3 pts where ohio made 4/16 (or something like that).
RR- sorry about all the sick kids
Rooster - hang in there...sorry you are feeling like no support
mj-btw..saw your body building pic. I have to admit however....(and please do not take offence). I've always thought women body builders looked weird to me...but then again..i'm not really into men body builders either...don't like that much muscle...looks odd to me (IMHO) You had a great body i will say. I just think that's way toooo much dedication to do. but very cool for you!
oh no clover...a bunny without his ears..but how's he gonna hear you coming next time LMAO
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:50 AM   #7  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Mornin' All! Waaaaaaaa......crashed @ 7:30 again! I'm super pooped this morning and not feeling very friendly...which is not good when I have to charm these dedicated citizens reporting so happily (NOT) for jury duty. I already had some lady going off on me on my voicemail because I wasn't here to answer her call @ 8:30pm. WHAT??? I don't friggin' work 24 hours. I DO put in almost 3 hours of my own time each day to be available for jurors...but I will NOT check voicemail all night long from home. Geez!

Clover: Welcome back! I was wondering how you were doing!!! I literally laughed out loud about the bunny! I always go for the ears first...it always seems like the right thing to do! LOL also @ GG & the "how can he hear ya comin' next time" joke!!!

Lisa: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to seem selfish.... I know you totally have your hands full! But I was missin' ya!

GG: Yo! I totally do not take that personally at all. I actually felt the same way and still do in regards to the pros-since they almost all take steroids and look unnatural. The heavyweights always look like men to me. However, I was only about 104 pounds in that pic, so in clothes you'd never be able to tell I looked like that underneath. I started moving toward the goal of being in a show when I weighed 165+ many years ago. I got the wrong order @ a burger joint-TWO supersized value meals-and I ate the whole thing in one sitting. Afterwards, I cried for about an hour and decided to exact a change. It took me 4 years of (as you mentioned) hard dedication and dieting to take first (that year in the pic). BUT, it's only after very severe dieting that the muscles pop out that way....so trust me, it'll be 2 years to get back in show shape. Phew! Long way around of tellin' ya that I actually agree with you to a point....a lot of bodybuilders wind up looking very old in the face, too...aside from looking like a guy. I will be satisfied when I can get healthy again-which means balancing clean eating and regular exercise...but I am itching to do one more show-the Master's. When you turn 35 as a female you can do that category. And again-OF COURSE I DON'T TAKE OFFENSE TO THAT! I love ya, GG and being supportive to others means being truthful!

Roo: Yikes! I'm sorry you had a bad meeting last night! Are you going to talk to your friend about not helping to make you feel comfortable? If the friendship is worth it, I would totally confront the issue. Hmmm....

RR: Great news on #2! That's fabulous!!! (Not about being sick-about the weight control) Oh my gosh your burst of energy this morning is so bright I've gotta wear shades!

Lauren: I'm still prayin' for ya on the job! Yes, the whole frustration about the thyroid issue really is multiplied knowing where I've been and would like to be again. I look NOTHING like that now, trust me (except the big 80s hair-I do have that again).

Kerri: Oh, Hawaii.....sooooo jealous!!! LOVED the party shot! And doggie is just a little muffin I wanna give a big smoochie too! Sorry, I love playin' "Auntie Mo" to my friends' pets!!!

Joan: For always makin' my day!

Ok all, I'll be back later after the throngs are seated and orientated. Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:04 AM   #8  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning everyone:

Sounds like everyone's week is in the toilet. I did parent teacher conference last night. Cody my straight A got a D I about had heart failure I always said I wouldn't do that. He still made the honor roll but he didn't log his reading. He said he did do the reading just didn't log. ughhh I bet he logs now he really didn't like seeing that grade. Chris the oldest well was very upset with him 4 F's 1 D 2 A's. We went to every teacher even the one with the A. He does really good just feels he is too good to turn homework in. Grounding has never helped so anybody got any ideas? I have taken his cell phone away in the past, his truck, other than beating his butt on a daily occurance I am fresh out of ideas.
My daughter who is in the IEP stuff we have hired 4 attorneys through P&A, not going after any money that isn't what we want just for the school to do their job. Her report card was good.

Rooster: I would hit the issue with your friend head on. It is really frustrating and hurtful to deal with people who are close to you. Especially when most of us take our friendships seriously no matter if they are work friendships or personal it all meshes together. If you don't take the bull by the horns it is going to chew you up inside and it will show. Good luck!

GG: I know how you feel I have a gain also but I have been doing some stress eating so I need to pull my head out and get back to reality.

RR: I hope everyone gets well sounds like your plate is full! Keep your chin up!
Melinda: Hey I liked your picture yes I am not into the body building but after reading a little in your post today first I can see much pride in your accomplishment. I know how you feel getting those phone calls there are times my phone doesn't stop till 10 at night sometimes I even shut the ringer off. Let us know how the master competition goes for you.

Alright I am going to have to get crackin' you all take care and I will check in later I have a very busy day today in daycare!

~sheila~
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:07 AM   #9  

Yum! Easter candy! I have managed to avoid it so far, even haven't raided my sons easter candy basket from an egg hunt last week lol.

So I know I should have not weighed myself this morning after only a day, but I did anyways, and am happy to say my 3lbs gained have gone away. Well lol it's not like I don't know where they went. You ladies had me guzzling water all day Thanks!

We're getting a puppy! A sweet little lab, golden retriever mix. I'm picking him up next Friday. Kids and hubby are thrilled, I've always veto'd pets other than goldfish because I knew I'd be the one caring for them. I just have to balance my time better. We're moving in the fall apparently, so I hope I'm making the right decision.

Ya know, I tryed some slimfast instant shakes a few months back, and they made me so hungry! I wonder if anyone else hasn't experienced this? Within 30 minutes of drinking one, and being no where near food or the kitchen I found myself feeling very hungry, and my stomach grumbling.

Today I must sew, at least a couple hours to get caught up with orders, then my son and I are staying outside, maybe a nice long walk. We played outside yesterday all day, and he is still asleep
~Z
fabricaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Z- Cool on the pup, is he a yellow lab/golden mix? Are you moving far? Doesn't sound like you're too sure you're happy with it? As for the SF's, I would probably look for a shake with more protein in it. I bought a big can of vanilla protein powder at BJ's that has 20 gr. protein and 2 gr. sugar per scoop. Seems to do the job well. Sometimes I add frozen fruit to it, or cocoa powder or peanut butter.

Sheila - Sounds like DS got a wake-up call that he's not too good to do homework...at least I hope so! I don't have any advice for ya' though, I was always a bad student, hated doing homework. Mom always got the "Lauren is a smart girl, she just doesn't apply herself" comment on the report cards.

Michelle B - Thanks!

RX, That sucks about the train club encounter. Is it a situation where you can talk to the person about it??

RR, 7 wks. vaca?! WOW! I was always happy to get 3 wks. at the start of a job! Sorry about #2, hope she's feeling better soon.

Kerri, nice pics, thanks for sharing!

Quote:
I just finished eating the ears and head of a chocolate bunny.
Quote:
a bunny without his ears..but how's he gonna hear you coming next time
Oh dear Lord, a coupla comediens this AM, huh? Where's that little bunny cartoon I used to have about the ears?!

Lisa, Sneaky girl, starting the thread just after midnight!!

Peter has a f/u with the Neurologist tonight and I have a lunch date at Benny's with a girl I used to work with. Otherwise not much planned, it's crappy out today.

Have a good one all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:04 AM   #11  

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!....so busy I am ...didnt get to post yesterday...everything is going alright here...had a meeting from 6-9 last night so i didnt make it on the treadmill...ate alright except for the fact that we had a drug rep bring lunch in yesterday which i did really well with, but she brought shortbread cookies!!...oh my, they were so yummy..i ate 4!....i did get a walk in before i ate though so about 25 minutes of moderately fast walking...anyways, i have to get ready to go i am running late..but i will try to post this evening...i did want to mention one thing

sheila: i too have a son who makes pretty much no effort in the homework department...he also does as minimal job as possible in the classroom..he is in the gate program (gifted and talented education, pretty much scored high in elementary school and they keep you in it throughout your education)..so he is able to complete the work but doesnt...he says its too easy and he is bored, which i agree with but the school wont do anything about it cause they see he is not passing many classes (except pe, i have a jock son, and his elective)...if you ever want to chat let me know....i feel the frustration with you!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #12  

Puppy is a black lab, golden retreiver mix. This one looks just like the retreiver. We live in military housing, and don't have a fence, but my dh is going to put one up next week, (just has to take it down when we move).

Moving far? Oh yes. By far the biggest move we've made. Final destination is Japan I'm keeping my excitement to a minimal until he physically has the orders in writing, I've learned a long time ago, that verbal is not final in the Marines. Gotta have it on paper, and even then cross your fingers!

I am very happy about moving, I love moving. I had to be sure we could take the dog, we can, and what difference it would make in our move. There is potential for a bit of problems, but that is the case anywhere, with or without a pet, moving can have it's issues.

~Z
fabricaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning All! What busy little bees we have today....

Lisa ~ good to hear from you! I missed you.... how is Grandma?

Clover ~ just came home from buying the kids Easter treats ... I try to not buy much chocolate as I'm the one that usually consumes it. I mostly picked up hard, sugary junk candy ~ DH and the kids love that crap. My middle child, Annie, is a chocolate hound. She likes things that most kids don't; dark chocolate, coffee, ginger, cinnamon... she takes after her mommy:-).

RR ~ You are AMAZING girl! What time do you go to bed at night? Just reading your notes makes me want to go take a nap. St. Louis Easter bunny brings undies too! We keep things pretty simple when filling the Easter Basket. I have a friend that bought both of her kids IPOD's from the Easter Bunny. Holy Cow. Santa has some serious competition....

Kerri ~ Another Cards game last night. Did they win or lose? Obviously, I am so *not* into Baseball. Remember the old stadium? DH's company bought tickets for their employees for the second to last game before they tore the stadium down. We gave ours away... don't hate me!! I can feel your rage from here. My nieces are *SO* into the Cardinals and they get really frustrated with me at times. The only reason that I want to go to a baseball game is to gawk at weird people and eat the snacks.

Lawrence ~ I agree with what everyone else said. Confront the issue and don't let it gnaw away at you. If that doesn't work, go and mess up the guy's train set;-).

GG ~ sorry about the weight gain. That sucks. Just think about how much you've already accomplished. Today is a whole new day. Your notes always inspire me so much as you're constantly seeking to better yourself.

Melinda ~ my little buddy! Always love your notes. You have such a great personality!!!! Just from looking at your before picture, I now see how frustrated you're feeling. Hang in there and hopefully the meds will kick in soon. Then you can start pursuing the Masters.... I have faith in you.

Michelle ~ Hi there! Slimfast has never worked for me. I tried it years ago and it always made me feel hungrier than before. I've not tried the one that Lauren suggested with more protein though. DH is a born again health nut and he did wu-long tea for awhile. He had about 40 pounds to lose and ended up doing it the old fashioned way; cut back on the junk and exercising his can off. He discovered running and his whole outlook on life has changed. He runs rain or shine. His committment is so inspiring and has made me want to move my fanny more. Seems like every time I get started on exercise, my back starts acting up.

Sheila ~ your note makes me cringe... I have no advice. In fact, I have a feeling that in a short time, I'm the one that will be needing it. My oldest son is so bright and so lazy. I try to not get too hung up on grades. Yes, they're important but you cannot force a horse to drink. Did I say that right? I'm horrible about mixing up my metaphors;-).

fabricaddict ~ You are one of those really cool talented people!!! My mom and sisters can sew me under the table. I view it as pure torture. Sounds like you're kept really busy. Is there anything that you won't tackle? Japan! How cool would that be...

Lauren ~ my favorite moderator! I hope and pray that it all works out with the new job. If it is meant to be, it will happen... I'm trying so hard to have "it's out of my control" attitude regarding the sale of our house. Easier said than done on certain days... Your boys are so darn cute. They really look like brothers.

ChristinaS ~ Good for you for getting the walk in. When I exercise daily everything looks so much brighter...

I need to pick up my two little girls; one from preschool and one from 1/2 day Kindergarten. Both are having friends over this afternoon and we're going to "tie dye" easter eggs. They looked really obnoxious to me in the magazine but, of course, the kids thought that they looked cool. Give me boring ole' pastels anyday... My oldest son tells me that "dying eggs really isn't my thing." Well, I'll be 39 this month and it's totally my thing! Have a great day everyone... Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Kerri ~ forgot to ask... is DH here yet?
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:01 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

Lauren, I know it was sneeky, that's why I did it.

Joan, Gma had to be rushed to the hospital on Monday. She had a nosebleed that couldn't be stopped. The er doc estimated that she lost a quart of blood. Truthfully, I don't see her lasting much longer. Her mind has been slipping too.

GG, that was me that was mentioning about the referees not Lauren. But that's okay ~ I forgive you. Sorry about the weight gain, try not to let it spiral you down. Just wipe your hands off and stand once more.

Fabricaddict, Japan huh? Wow, I am sure that would be a great cultural learning experience for your whole family. We will have our fingers crossed with you.

For those with issues with children not doing hmrk, I don't have any advice either. I do know that when I was in HS I had all sorts of problems. I have a learning disability and it affected my learning. (Supprisingly it didn't in college) When the teachers would say an assignment should take one hour, it usually took me 2 or 3. I wish I words of encouragement.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote