Old 03-01-2007, 05:30 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something Chat: Thursday Mar 1

Good Morning~~~~
Worked until 10pm last night and have to be there for 4:45am..I feel like a train has hit me!!!!Busy life with 1 post tonsillectomy and 1 post torn ligament in ankle with cast---oh yeah--MIL!!

Have a great day!!!
Hello to all the newbies!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:58 AM   #2  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

I think I kinda know how RR feels. I had work to do overnight, which meant I was awake until 3am and am now awake to get ready for work at 7am. *yawn*

Oh well, you do what you can. More later, if I get a chance.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:19 AM   #3  

Hi ladies,
RR and RXZ I hope you can find some time to relax today DonŽt sleep while driving or feeding the kids
I am back from shopping - got two black trousers, a great belt and a bag AND my friend is coming over for a long weekend and weŽll ruin our bankaccounts WonŽt be online until Tuesday!
Have a great weekend all of you. Take care and try to find some time for yourselfes!!!!!!
Kirsten
Milagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:41 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Kirsten, Have an awesome long weekend with your friend!! Leave a few pennies in the bank!!

RX & RR, Ugh on the long hours. I was up every hour last night, but that was because for some reason both boys were awake a lot. So I'll be tired right there with ya'!

Allison, hope you make it to the new thread! Congrats on the mini-accomplishment! Although I would say that's a big one!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/174/142

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks Lauren for pointing me to the daily thread. Wow, Lauren, RR and RXZ you all sound so busy - I guess that's life with children. Congrats Kirsten, that must feel great to buy new clothes! It looks like you started where I am now (176 lb / ~80 kg) so it's good to see your progress.

I was looking forward to going snowshoeing today up in the mountains with my friend but he called this morning with a sore throat. We were going to go to the career centre afterwards. I want to do something active today still, so now I have a choice: go to yoga at 9:15 and then the career centre or when I get back. I've had a hard time getting my butt to the centre as it's about an hour each way by bus & seabus so I think I'll go that route. But there's the concern that I won't do yoga. Oh well, there are lots of evening classes, including 6:00 pm, 8:00 pm and 9:50 pm.

Another mini-accomplishment - I didn't eat at least 3 hours before going to bed. I have the same goal today.

Cheers,
Allison

Last edited by DulceDuck; 03-01-2007 at 11:14 AM. Reason: added in Lauren to busy line
DulceDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:29 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all and good morning. I don't know about you all but this weather has really gotten me down. It has been cold and just generally "yucky" this whole week. I too have fallen off the wagon, however I believe that it has dragged me behind it. It also doesn't help that everywhere I look, I am either not the right person (don't have the right degree, not enough of a degree, or don't have the experience ~ whatever) for the job. I am really starting to get depressed. I am actually thinking about going on and getting my MBA, since I can devote my full attention to it. I don't know.

On the plus side my social calander has improved. Tommorrow night the Professional Fraternity that I am in is going bowling. We are going to Bowlero, Molly you are invited.

Congrats to all those who have lost weight. Milagro ~ congrats on the new clothes and have fun with your friend. I agree with Lauren, leave at least a few pennies in the bank.

RR, RX, & Lauren try to take some naps if you can. (preferably after work )

Allison, first of all to our group, I am sure that you will find the encouragement that you need. Good job on not eating for 3 hrs before bedtime. That is a big accomplishment.

Oh forgot to mention I had ordered Girl Scout cookies (Thin Mints - 1 box) and they were delivered on Tuesday, I have not opened them up and normally they would be about gone by now. (Yea!)

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #7  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

morning all work has been **** i said it a day or two ago I lost 2 girls and now haveing to do the job of 3 people
im a little sad my husband hasnt been picked up by any police dept's so he had to go get a 2nd job and starts sat he'll be working 7 days a week non stop just to pay the mortgage
he really has been growingg into a great husband it took 6 years but i really am admiring him more and more daily
ok enough mushy crap make it a great day i weigh in tomarrow i'll let you know how it goes
oh and welcome to all the newbies
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Greetings all!

Welcome Allison! You sound like you're starting off on the right track. Keep up the good work! I try not to eat after 7:00 p.m. I'm not the least bit tempted this time of year but as soon as the weather starts to warm a bit, DH and I love to sit out on our screened in porch after our three little gremlins have gone to bed and drink some wine... and have crackers... and cheese... But, as our house went on the market TODAY (yeah!) I don't see us using our porch much longer.

RR, Lawrence and Lauren ~ good hearing from you and I wish you extra zzzz's tonight. It's so hard for me to stay focussed on the weight loss if I'm not getting enough rest.

Kirstein ~ have fun this weekend! You are in such a good place these days Girl! Enjoy...

Lisa ~ you have a box of Thin Mints that are sitting around unopened??? Now, *that* is an accomplishment. I ordered two boxes from a little neighbor girl and am now wondering why mine haven't been delivered yet! Those things are deadly.

Michelle ~ sorry that works sucks but it's good to hear you speak positive of DH. He certainly sounds like a hard worker.

I have not done good at all today with my eating or exercise. I didn't get up early this morning to walk and it's all gone downhill since then. Tomorrow morning I attend to get my fanny up and out of bed to exercise. I can't believe what a difference it makes at the start of my day. Hope that everyone has a good evening ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Joan don't be patting me on the back soo soon. I also have WW ice cream bars and I had 2 of them today. They were both only 2 pts, however it is the calories that are killer. I wanted to eat the whole box of cookies after trying to get an interview and not being able to get one.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #10  
Rooster

Okay, I've got a few minutes before I head out for the evening. This is supposed to be basement renovations night, but the guy who helps me wants to get some ice fishing in so he's invited me out to his shack instead. Given that I'm functioning on caffeine and 3.5 hours sleep sleep still (nope, no naps for me. :P ) I was quick to accept that offer. I've never ice fished before, so what the heck. Gotta be open to new experiences.

Speaking of new experiences. Salsa Class. I know I'm not supposed to think that I'll be good right off the top, but we were the ONLY inexperienced couple there. (And the class was small to start - total of 6 people, 4 men and 2 women.) It's nice because it means that the instructor focuses on us instead of the more experienced people, but it also flares up my self-consciousness. Did I enjoy myself? Not really. Did I not enjoy it? Not really. I was too stressed to really enjoy it, but I liked it enough to want to practise. I think DW and I are planning to go to the Salsa Night Dance (Saturday) so we can get in a little practise if we don't get some in before then. I think as I get more comfortable with things, it will become more enjoyable, so I'm not ready to give up on it yet. :P

Weather has been nice enough to go outdoors during lunch hour, so I've been getting my walking that way. I haven't used my super-expensive treadmill for the last 2 days. Good thing my wife is on there so I don't consider it a total waste. Meh. I'm making a bigger deal over this than it really is. I'm sure that once I get back into my regular sleeping patterns that I'll be back on there before I know it. Well...here's hoping.

Take care everyone. Have a great rest of your day - 's all around.

Resident Rooster in the Hen House
Old 03-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #11  

Lisa ~ at least they were WW. I love ice cream drumsticks but there is no way that I can buy the darn things. I'd eat the entire box! Same with Ding Dongs.... We were invited to a party during the holidays and everyone was asked to bring their favorite dessert. I bake all of the time but I picked up a box of Ding Dongs and brought them. I never buy them and was looking forward to having one as it had been years since I'd eaten one. Everyone dived into the Ding Dongs and I never did get one. Every time that I'm in that aisle at the grocery store I look at them longingly:-(.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/255/200 for now

Height: 5'3"

is it ok for me to join in here??

A little about me am 30yrs old living in north western Canada no children never married in a commited relationship and am so tired of being "BIG"

I do hope that it is ok for me to be here if not please let me know. Thanks
WamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #13  
Rooster

Everyone's always welcome. Just join in and chat with the rest of us. Share all your joys, your sorrows, your frustrations.

We'll always listen.

Eastern Canadian
Old 03-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi WamTam! Of course you're welcome here, hop right in!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:05 PM   #15  

Welcome Wam Tam! I hope that you join in and find the support and encouragment that you need. We're all in the same boat here....