Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 10:18 AM   #1  

Default Working out with weight/ bad knee support, please?

I usually do aerobics, but I seriouly need a change. Some of my aerobic tapes have weight training in them, but I just want weights only workout. I have Joyce Vedral, but she does too many knee workouts... I have bad knees, not really bad knees but they hurt and I can't do squats... I have gained some weight back, and as well middle age spread set in.. Does anyone know of a weight training tape for all over, but is sensative to people with knee pains?

I need help.
Old 10-13-2002, 10:32 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Hi Swan,

Actually you might want to invest in a personal trainer for a few sessions. My mom was obese when she started her weight training regiment and her trainer gave her a ton of excellent training tips (she had problems with her knees and kneeling).

Unfortunately with the tapes out there they are one size fits all kind of thing.

Just a suggestion (though find a trainer that is experienced in dealing with people with knee problems. A physiotherapist might be able to suggest one).

Take care and good luck (I am also glad you're looking into weight training, it rules!)

Ali
Old 10-14-2002, 11:46 AM   #3  

Unfortunately, I can't afford a personal trainer... You are right, though... Most of those videos are one size fits all...
Old 10-16-2002, 06:04 AM   #4  

Well, I'll just try to use the 20 minute workouts and pray to get my act together...

Last edited by Swan_lake; 10-16-2002 at 06:10 AM.
Closed Thread