Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 12:09 PM   #1  

Default Day 1 (again!), need support!

THis is my first post here, and I need support! I have about 140# to loose. I have tried and tried, with no real commitment lately. But today I start. My main problem is that I put so much pressure on myself to be perfect! I need to learn to pay attention to my hunger, not my appetite, and not worry about the #'s but worry more about how I feel. Any words of encouragement would really be appreciated!
Old 10-15-2002, 04:45 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7

Angry

Hi WDW_Princess!
I have about the same amount of weight to lose, so I can relate to the whole start and stop cycle. I started about a week ago and this time I finally gave up on perfection. All it did was make me feel worse when I made mistakes-which is only human. So now I'm giving myself more room to relax while at the same time giving myself small goals. One goal is I walk everyday if possible. Whether it be 5 minutes or an hour I just do it. It's a good start for me. I'm not worrying about the numbers right now either just focusing on making each day positive. I'm also easing myself into smaller portions of food & I'm slowly integrating healthy foods into my meals. No big changes really fast-that's what is working for me. I'd love to hear what your plans are. It's great that you're giving yourself another chance for good health. Trying is always better than not trying-any day. Good luck- You can do it!
Old 10-15-2002, 09:02 PM   #3  

Wink Hi Princess

Well, first let me congratulate you on trying again. I know that it sometimes feels like why should I try one more time. It does get tiring. I was there I was in a mode where I would only get to be good a half of day and then quit. That is bad don't you think? But don't get discouraged. As long as you loose something you did not just keep on gaining that amount. All it takes it's one magical day where you wake up and all the trying and failing, all the critizism of others and the way you feel about yourself and the state of your health make you strong and positive for keeps. I did it one year and a half ago I stopped the insanity and started loving myself in a very selfish way (on pure will-power no pills). Here I am 80 pounds lighter and feeling great, I know that this time is for keeps. Don't get me wrong I still have a ways to go, maybe another 30 -40 pounds. But I have learned so much during my failing attempts that I think I am now an expert looser which enables me to become a winner for my life. I wish you lots of luck both of you. Hope you find that lion inside you that says this is enough I am in control and nothing can stand in my way.
(Remember you have to take time for yourself, prepare the meals you need and become a little selfish, don't you think you derve it?

PS: You have to move the body, I started by walking around my neighborhood. I have now joined a gym and love working out there. GOOD LUCK AGAIN!!!!!!!

If you need help or someone that understands you, you may e-mail me here at 3fatchicks, no problem.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:34 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7

Thanks Baby for such positive encouragement. Reading the stories like yours are what really keep me focused and hopeful. I think that lion inside me is just starting to stir Congrats on such great success!
Closed Thread