Old 09-27-2006, 11:35 AM   #46  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok so yesterday did not go so well. Got into a silent fight with the love of my life...you know the kind where you are really mad and you don't talk about it then after an extended period of time you just pretend it didn't happen. It was about something stupid and it happens but I ate to get over it. Not a huge amount of food but pieces of bread covered in butter are hardly the RIGHT way to combat feeling aggression...Need to get a handle on that.

Did not go to the gym either...had to shoot a volleyball game and just felt exausted...climbed some stairs before bed.

Today I have to work work work...then I will double up on my workout...pair my yoga with a good old fashioned half hour on the xtrainer (that thing kills me lol)

heather - I know how much it can suck to be in transition and just long for some kind of permanent home, surroundings etc...but just try to think of it the other way around...You have an intelligent man and a beautifil son and you get to pretty much pick anywhere in the US to love. Go wherever your heart desires...If it were me I would go to Florida...but maybe the mountains are your piece of pie...come to Colorado. Its actually pretty exciting when you think of it that way. And what a better way to move then with a new smaller you! What motivation...

dolly - I am so sorry to hear about your news. Money is one of the single most stresses of my life so I know how this can feel. My thoughts are with you.

cookie - I hate breakfast and hate feeling too full...I use slim fast shakes...the chocolate royal actually tastes really good.

Lizzie - I hate insomnia, I bet it is the stress that is doing it to you. How awesome no appetite? Free to eat only good things that is awesome rofl!

Becca - Ooh apartment in Italy how divine! I would love that...as a photographer I feel I could live and die in Italy and have had a wonderful life to boot rofl. Welcome back.

amanda - Sorry about your hurt back, congrats on that walk. I love being outside exercising in the fall...something about the breeze is empowering don't you think?

dreamer - Yeah Uma Thurman...looked like her to me. Jessica Simpson though, nice. The only way to get over procrastination is to live by the law of polar opposites for a while...don't want to go to the gym, make yourself go, want to call it quits early make yourself stay...want to eat junk food, dont eat junkfood...As soon as you start making some of these choices and actually following through you will feel so much better and hopefully that will carry you through.

Kery - Welcome That story is too funny
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:24 PM   #47  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Ok, I did my exercise today! This morning I spent 4 hours running around with 12 kids ages 3-5 yrs old! Oh my gosh, between chasing them and pushing them on swings and everything, I came home completely exhausted! One thing that it confirmed... I'm no where near ready to have kids of my own! I will probably go for a short walk again this afternoon, after I recoup from this morning a bit!

My eating today has been terrible! I didn't eat a good breakfast, and lunch wasn't much better, a chicken burger at Burger king, it was free (cause my hubby is a manager), and I didn't have to cook it! Worked for me! Dinner will be better... probably just a salad with some chicken or something.
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:12 PM   #48  

Kery, I really like your blog. It was very truthful yet comical at the same time. I've always wanted to make a blog, in fact I created one but before I event posted 1 entry I got lazy and stopped.

I always wish I could go back to when I first noticed that I was gaining weight and do something about it. I remember the jeans being a little too tight one morning, 3 months later and since then I have gained 20 pounds.

Well thanks to you girls I have now perfected my work week breakfast and dinner. My next step is lunch. I try to bring slices of turkey and 2 rice cakes but they never fill me up. The only thing that has filled me up is a potbellys or subway sanwich. Maybe I can look for subrolls in my market and recreate them myself. Otherwise do you girls have anything you bring to work that you love?
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:27 PM   #49  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

~newarmywife: Welcome to the thread. I so know what you mean - it's somewhat hard in the beginning to catch up with the previous posters, what they wrote, etc. But I'm sure the both of us WILL catch up soon, hehe.

~CookieMonster416: Thank you. I know I'm being lazy these days with the blog, I guess I need to take this a san encouragement to start being more faithful to it again! Anyway, I know that jeans-becoming-too-tight stuff. Caught up to me this summer, when I was so engulfed in the turmoil of preparing for college and making sure I wouldn't commit mistakes that'd ruin my plans. I swear this is so insidiously creeping on us! And doing something about it right when it happens is, uh, something we really need to learn to do?

Exercise today... What a disappointment. I had signed up for a 1h30 class of cane fighting, which looked pretty fun and energetic, and... the teacher never came. I ended up at one of the local students' restaurants with another girl who also wanted to attend the class. Our food choices weren't that good (it was close to... closing, and all that was left were French fries and some meat... dabbled in this and that, and ended up throwing the chocolate cream dessert because I realized it just tasted like crap!). The good thing is that this restaurant isn't too close to campus, and we needed 20 minutes to walk to there (then a good 25 to go back home). I didn't get to beat some poor guy in the gymnasium with a wooden stick, but at least I had my walk.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:34 PM   #50  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies. Gosh everyone has been talkative this week, I don't think I have time to catch up on everything. I just wanted to check in. I feel like I am finally back, like really back not just dropping in. I am so glad to because I love you girls. So I just wanted to say hello. I hope every-one's week is going well, this is the best week I have had in a long while.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:50 PM   #51  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Talking

I just realized something kinda dumb, but still...I'm excited. Ok, so here it is... I've never seen myself with prominent collar bones. lol I went straight from Baby-Fat to just Regular-Fat. But I'm so excited that maybe sometime in the not-so-far-off future, I'll finally get to see what I look like with collar bones.

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:16 PM   #52  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Holy Moly!! It's only Wednesday and 50 posts?!! My goodness. I briefly skimmed throught them.

Busy busy around here, as always. I was extremely *****y last night so I went to bed at 815, i didn't make it to 9pm.. lol.. I am MUCH better today!! Slept until 6am! Oops.. alarm goes off at 530.

My eating has been fairly well.. Until lunch today I guess.. And all the pickles i've eaten lately..those are all gone now.. until i buy more..hoping it isn't for awhile. I think i've FINALLY pee'd out all the extra sodium I took in.. Ay yi yi, I know better, but they're sooooooooooooooooooooooo good & it's what I craave....

Exercise this month has sucked!! I've done very little of it!

Last week, dh was in the hospital for 2days due to a kidney stone.. He was in some serious pain! Hoping the month of October is better.. Can you believe it's OCT. already?! I can't!! Before you know it, Thanksgiving then Christmas...

Well, I better jet, time for the chiro appt.. He is going to make me feel soooooo goood.. hehe
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:58 PM   #53  
On the beach

S/C/G: 155/148/125

Height: 5' 0"

Kery, it really is hard!!! lol
Looking forward to talking with you - cane fighting, huh? sounds like fun!
newarmywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:53 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi Loverlies-

Hope you're all having better days today! I'll definitely be reading over this thread tomorrow, and responding, I'm missing the BOARDS! And all you girls. I've been soo busy (Love how I make time to still lurk though---Priorities, I swear!)

stephiewilliams thanks for the advice, I definitely need to try that, I'm trying to stick to the "I plan to do this" ideas that I set up and trying not to stray too much from them. Can't wait until Thursday evening when I'll be done with everything I need to be done with... Looking forward to just getting to the gym actually, isn't that funny!? I just want to get on a machine and get some cardiiiiio... Its been like a dream to me... Hahaha... funny I love it!

Ok, so thats all for my crazy incoherent ranting. I need sleep I swear, and after the gym on Thursday I intend to CRAAASSHHH

I just bought a new book as a treat to myself for all my... umm... hard work? If you can call it that... Its called Eating Alive by Dr. John Matsen anyone heard of it? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Good luck LADIES!!!!!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:03 PM   #55  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

morning ladies

geez you guys have been busy. i haven't time to go back over all the posts just yet, but will tonight.

i just wanted to check in as it had been a while. no exercise this week - life is getting in the way at the moment. nevermind. eating has been on track with only a couple of little hiccups. nothing to write home about.

talk soon
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:41 AM   #56  

~newarmywife: The girl I ate with yesterday evening had already attended the class 2 years ago, and confirmed that it was indeed fun. There seems to be both lots of moving and control involved (one of the hitting points is the ear, so of course we need to control our own hits, now it makes sense to me). That'll be a nice change from taking a sword in the stomach, too (I definitely need to work on my parry).
Old 09-28-2006, 11:17 AM   #57  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

OK so not even going to discuss yesterday just accepting my decision and moving on...Not much going on here today. Just working...at home then I have to shoot a softball game tonight and ofcourse greys anatomy is on...which I absolutely cannot miss. Guess I will be doing my stretching and free weights in front of the tube! Have a great day ladies! And remember New Years is just around the corner, lets put in the work now so we don't have to fall into that old cliche!

Daisy - Was wondering where you were. I know all about life getting in the way...Hope things get better hun.

amblyn - I was just thinking about the time of the year as well. It is always so hard to hold off the extra weight during the holidays! I need to move my butt to combat it now...I would hate to be another new years resolutionee....

Tisha - that is awesome, what a great motivator!

Amanda - Yay on the exercise I have two neices and they wear me out! Chicken burger is better than like those quadruple whopper stacker things they have.

cookie - Lunch is usually hard for me. I am not really all that hungry but I know if I don't eat well it will lead to a bad dinner. Good luck with your meal plan!

Kery - Cane fighting sounds awesome. I used to do karate and bo staff fighting and while it was a blast it also kept me in really super good shape. Too bad it was cancelled. Are you going to try and give it another go?

Steph - I am so glad you are back! We missed you...and I know you have the smarts to be able to kick weight loss in the a$$ the right way. I enjoy reading your blog and I see you getting to goal very soon.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:46 PM   #58  
Goodbye Fat!

Howdy Chickies! So I am really tired of the elliptical and treadmill at the gym. They don't offer any classes so I am thinking about getting some aerobic DVDs. Can anyone make some good suggestions. I am looking for some that last more than 30 minutes because by the time you do the warmup and cool down you only get your heartbeat up for 20 minutes. So any recommendations?

Mickey: Your morning yesterday was a workout in itself. I help take care of my best friends twins sometimes and they are a handleful, I couldn't imagine that many

cookie: make your own subs on whole wheat rolls and lots of veggies. I also bring soup to work with whole wheat crackers, and salads

kery: sorry your class was cancelled, my favorite exercise class in college was canoeing, which usually turned into swimming by the end of class.

Tisha: exciting stuff to realize there are really bones under all the other stuff, I have been there. I now want to see my different calf muscles.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:23 PM   #59  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Stephie- Thank you! I feel like the me from last year at this time again! This week has really set me back on track and I am totally loving it. I feel amazing!!!

Well ladies, October is almost here and I am busting at the seems to join the exercise challenge in October!!! I haven't started and completed one for a very very very long time, but I am going to kick October's BUTT!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:54 PM   #60  

~stephiewilliams: You bet I'm going to give it another go. I'll be waiting there every Wednesday of the semester if needs be until a class is held. There's no way I can miss the opportunity of trying on a fun sport.

Uh, by the way, what's that October exercise challenge, if I may ask...?