Old 09-28-2006, 02:55 PM   #61  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone!

Today has not been a good day at all! I feel so unmotivated to do anything. It's a rainy day outside, and I didn't sleep well at all, so I'm kind of cranky. DH has the day off today, and is really driving me crazy by eating all this junk food that he went out and bought. GRRRRR! It's days like today where this apartment isn't big enough for the both of us!!!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:18 PM   #62  

Hey girlies! 1 more day till Friday YEAH!!! It is sad, but yes I am counting down until a happy hour. Me and some of my girls from college are going to meet at a bar, but I only have a glass of white wine 2 max so that's not so bad. I refuse to give up my wine so there!

I went to the supermarket yesterday and they had french bread subrolls (they did not have whole wheat). 1 subroll was 160 calories and 1g fat. Add my 4 slices of turkey breast (4 slices =50 calories and 1.5g fat) and that's a 210 calories and 2.5g sandwich. Add some lettuce, tomatoes, and yellow mustard and sounds to me like a Subway sandwich? Is that ok? Is my bread too fattening???
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:51 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Like most of you I'm also excited for October, I really think its going to be a great month! I'm feeling good about life right now, and just really optimistic with sanity... Realistic, I guess... But its a good realistic!

I'm finally finished with everything that was bogging me down this week, and a little bit of last week. And I'm feeling great about everything, I wish I could bottle this feeling... I'm just laying low until class and then hopefully I'll hit the gym as planned.. I'm so excited for the gym! Isn't that a little creepy? Haha... Just kidding... Good luck, hope each and everyone of you ladies had/or are having a great Thursday...

Tonight I plan to be gymmed out, showered, and in bed watching Greys!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:21 PM   #64  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls..
Well ive been having constant headaches that wont go away with medication for a few weeks now.. I finally got up the guts and made a Drs appt.. I know it sounds sad, but i hate going to the DR becaus of that damn scale...
I just hope they can figure something out with whats wrong with me.. All my life ive had bad headaches. And my mom had a brain aneurism a few year ago, and im worried i might be on the same path..
Today ive just broken down.. MY stomach and head are killin me, my 2 year old has been buggin me all day and i just feel like crying. So needless to say, im not gettin out for a workout today.. I can hardly move off my couch.. Well anywho. Keep your fingers crossed that its not something to serious thats causing these headaches.
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:59 AM   #65  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Heather, I hope you feel better! That sucks when you don't feel good...

It seems like this week if the week to get sick. My friend Marnie's kids were both sick and it appears that I got it. I was up all night sick to my stomach. I'm exhausted! I've tried to sleep, but I think I'm going to take a gravol and see if that helps. I'm drinking lots of water and juice, so hopefully it won't last long. I think I'm gonna have to start anew next week with the eating and exercise. This week doesn't seem to be my week.
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:17 PM   #66  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok well new day new outlook right? Tonight I hate adate with the gym...as long and as hard as I can stand it. I need to kick my butt back into gear and remember what it feels like to be dedicated...Amen sistas October cannot come soon enough!

dolly - Do you have fittv? They have some awesome shows you can just tape...

steph - Oh yeah I cannot wait for oct either...I had shin splints for like 50% of this month challenge but I am back in action now.

Kery - We have a sticky on the main page that has our exercise challenge...you post how many minutes you want to do and then update it with what you have done. At the end of the month we recognize those who made it and the top in exercise minutes as being the diva!

amanda - My husband is a food junkie too But once you start making the decision to eat healthier he will notice and envy you then you can peer pressure him into eating right.

cookie - I would try to go for WW rolls even though may be like 10-20 cals more they will fill you up a lot better since your body will have to work to break down the whole grain. But your sandwich sounds perfect to me!

dreamer - I am so addicted to Greys as well...pissed that she chose both...but happy they didnt end with a cliffhanger of her not choosing at all

heather - These days happen...give yourself the go ahead to just try to relax. I will keep my thoughts with you.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:26 PM   #67  
Goodbye Fat!

Amanda and Heather I am sorry that you two aren't feeling good. I hope you get over it soon Amanda, and Heather I hope this isn't anything serious. I just can't believe that September is over, but that means that I have been eating right and exercising good for four weeks now. Dreamer I am with you I think that October is going to be a great month! The weather is actually starting to be cool and I might start venturing out in the morning with one of the dogs to go walking I am still a little chicken to go alone in the dark. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:06 PM   #68  
No More Excuses!

Hey ladies!
Well im feelin a bit better today, still have a headache but not quite as bad, although its still early so it could get worse, but im gonna think positive! lol I have to go to my Drs Appt at 1, and then go grocery shopping after that. Im going to TRY to get as much healthy stuff as i can. Last payday i bought whole wheat pasta and LOVED it, and my husband liked it too, so im going to buy a bunch more of that (i dont eat pasta THAT often, but its a good thing just to have in the house..) I think im going to pick up a few healthy choice dinners or something like that for nights where i REALLY dont feel like cooking, so atleast well have some options instead of just getting pizza or something. And now that i know my son will eat sliced up apples im going to buy alot of apples. Ive been good with that too, when im really hungry still inbetween meals ill grab and apple and it will fill me up for a while. Better than runnin for crap food like i used to lol. Well anywho, ill prob put out an update when i get home, let you guys know what my Dr says about my head lol. My husband is convinced that its because i stress myself out too much and think too far ahead with things(which is true lol). Hopefully my stress will be lifted in a few days when we find out if hes getting out of the marines or not. (honestly right now i dont care either way, i just want to know whats going on so we can get on with our lives and stop worrying). Hes found a bunch of jobs he qualifys for so well have to see what happens! Thanks for thinkin aobut me ladies, i appreciate it.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:01 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephiewilliams View Post
Ok well new day new outlook right? Tonight I hate adate with the gym...as long and as hard as I can stand it.
Hahaha, stephie, did you mean to type "hate"? I think that was a little unconscious slip there Made me laugh.

I don't know what's been wrong with me lately! I've been letting my junk food urges win for the past... four days or so, and as a result I feel awful, which makes me want more junk food. I hate that cycle. I've been sleeping way too much, since sugar conks me out and then I just go to bed for 10 hours. Then, since I've been running late in the mornings, I either don't eat or I go buy crappy food somewhere. I don't know why I'm doing this to myself!!

Today it ends, though. Today I'm back to eating healthy. I'm halfway through the day pretty much, and no problems yet.....

I also started a 2nd job (well 3rd if you count school) this week. I work at an elementary school south of C'ville. The kids are so cute! And the teachers are so grateful for the help I give them... it's really rewarding so far. I'm helping kids improve their literacy skills/learn to read. I think having a few mornings a week where I go be with little kids will help keep my spirits up. Or so I hope.

Plan for the weekend: eat well. write an essay. write a small response paper. read two plays. exercise. work research job 6-8 hours. clean apartment really really well.

My fiance comes to visit on Tuesday I'm so excited!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:37 PM   #70  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Just a quickie to wish the sickies to be better soon again.

I'm way too tired tonight to write much more though, so I'll post more tomorrow. (Thanks for the pointer to the challenge, too. I'll have a more thorough look at it later on!)
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:36 PM   #71  
No More Excuses!

Hey ladies
Well just got back from the DR and grocery shopping.. Apparently my Dr thinks my headaches are stress related and put me on an anti-depressant. Im hoping it will help but im not too happy about having to be on anti-depressants.. Oh well.. She said if it hasnt helped my headaches within the next couple weeks then i hvve to go back.
As far as the grocery shopping went, i got a whole bunch of healthy stuff. Losts of apples and things like that, more whole wheat pasta, chicken, ground turkey. So ive got a pretty good stocked fridge now lol. :-) Hope everyones having a good day.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:05 PM   #72  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

i noticed that freudian slip too stephie i hope you have a great workout.

today we are off to my parents to watch the AFL grand final (aussie rules). i am dying to get a bottle of yellowglen pinot noir sparkling wine. i had a small glass at a presentation during the week and loved it. might get OH to swing by a bottle shop on the way to my parents.

anyway, will hit the gym tomorrow morning and i have monday off too so more exercise will be in order to start october off fabulously (its a long weekend here. lovely!)

heather - i hope you can find out what is going on with your headaches and get off the anti depressants asap. take it easy. use exercise as an outlet.

britomart - you have a busy weeend planned! you must be excited about seeing your boy

dreamer - i am a grey's-aholic too. however we are way behind you guys. chris o'donnell has only just come into it in the last ep. so no spoilers!
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:11 AM   #73  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Daisy - good thing you mentioned you were behind on the Grey's season otherwise I am sure I would spoil it for you! Noticedmy fruedian slip eh? I did have a nice workout Have fun tomorrow...oh and that wine sounds divine, do we have it in the states?

brito - lol well I had a date I knew I would hate the the gym lol...

Heather - glad to see the doc figured it out...hope they help.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:28 AM   #74  

I hope you feel better Heather!

I am having a REALLY hard time getting the scale to move! I have been eating 1200-1300 every single day this week. I think if I don't see a pound lost by wednesday, then I'll eat maybe 1600 calories then go back to 1200 or 1300 just to trick my body. I ate perfectly (1200) yesterday, and I worked, and since the floor was short nursing assistance (3 sick on a beautiful saturday evening...yeah suuuure) so I had to take the floor as an aid- and it was on a behavioral unit and I was running around constantly! I think I sat 45 mins for my 8.5 hour shift. I think I almost burned everything I ate!

Questions ladies: So let's say I ate 1200, and I burned off 600 yesterday...so that makes a net intake of 600....how bad is that? Do you eat a bit more if you workout a lot more? I feel like if I did, it would defeat the purpose of working out, but I know I need to feed my muscles. What does everyone have their net calories at? (if you do that)
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #75  

Pilatesgirl I totally feel the same way as you! I eat 1200 calories every day, and work out every day for an hour of cardio. People tell me 2 different things: 1) eat less and work out more and you'll lose weight and 2) with all that u work out u need to eat more or you won't lose weight... It's like 2 opposite pieces of advice. Do I eat less or do I eat more? Personally, with all this fat on my body I highly doubt my body is going into starvation mode off of 1200 calories. I don't know, I think I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing and as long as I don't GAIN weight maybe slowly but surely the pounds will come off...? what are you gonna do?
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote