Old 09-18-2006, 05:07 PM   #1  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Unhappy Scary News

I was talking to a very dear friend today, and he told me some news that I am still trying to grasp! I've known this guy for 17 yrs, one of my closest friends, and he's been one of the healthiest people I have EVER known! Well he found out that his cholestoral and blood bressure are through the roof, but the wrost thing is that his heart is leaking blood, and the doc has no idea what's causing it, but it's not a good sign, and very serious! His doc says his at VERY high risk for a heart attack and if he gets one, it will litterally kill him. He's a walking time bomb right now at the age of 44 yrs old! He's on medication for his blood pressure and cholestoral, he's going to see a nutritionist, and change his diet, and hopefully losing about 15-20 Lb's will help ease the stress on his heart. I'm more then concerned about him.
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:25 PM   #2  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Wow I'm sorry Amanda, that is some scary news alright.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:28 PM   #3  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

Sorry to hear, I hope your friend gets better.
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/186/140

Height: 5'6

I have what is called a Mitral Valve Prolapse, a common heart defect, but my case is rather severe. My heart leaks blood. I take medication to control this, and even though I've suffered from MVP since I was 4 years old (I'm 28 now) I'm generally OK. With medication and doctor supervision, the leakage has been curbed and I live a normal life. I hope this is an option for your friend. Heart disease can strike anyone... even a 4 year old child. Tell your friend to seek out a good cardiologist. I hope everything works out for him.
candace.gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:09 PM   #5  
Workin' My *** Off!

Candace, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT INFO!!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how encouraging your post was to me! I will definately pass on this info to him!
Old 09-19-2006, 10:16 PM   #6  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

That is pretty scary alright. I hope your friend comes through this soon

Unfortunately I have known some people to have heart problems and they are what I considered to have been healthy people. For gods sake, my friends father had a heart attack just after completing one of his regular 5km daily runs. Completely out of the blue - he was only 38.

You are right Candice - anyone is at risk. Glad to hear you are doing so well too
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:37 PM   #7  
Workin' My *** Off!

Candace, I reasearched MVP, and the symptoms are ones he's had for so long, but the doc never could figure out what was wrong... this may be the answer he's been looking for....THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!