Old 09-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

Unhappy Falling off the wagon AGAIN!

wow , this is so frustrating . I keep making this decision to change my lifestyle. and i do well for a bit . but i fall off the wagon over and over again. i just decided to give it another try . i just know in a few months ill be telling my self the same thing give it another try if you would have just stuck with it by now you would be healthy. . what do i do?
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:12 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

You've got to get out of this mind set. It only takes one time to succeed, the times before don't matter a bit. Man, I thought I'd never do it, but guess what, I did and I still am. You HAVE TO take it day by day! Worry about this day, this meal, this workout. The day will end no matter what, and they will pile on top of each other. A month from now will be a month from now no matter what you do, and you have to make a decision...either you'll be closer to your goal or in the same spot. Make the right choice today, and worry about tomorrow when it's here! You can't change a lifestyle over night, and to think of it that way is overwhelming. Take a different approach than you have in the past this time!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

LockItUp- I totally agree! Keep getting back up and working hard. It willall come around. You do need to change that mind set and keep working toward the future. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
Stacey!!!!!!!
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:54 PM   #4  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Lockitup.... that's the best advice I've heard. You gave me a "Ah-ha" moment ^_^ I've been so worried about today, tomorrow.. all this week... when I should just worry about right now. what am I eating now... what am I doing now. It makes everything, so less stressful..
I wish I could hug you
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:24 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Sakai - Wow thanks! It's taken me a long long time to change my thought process about this stuff! It's changed my whole life. Sure I have bad days still, but I don't let it ruin everything!!! P.S. I love your avatar!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:01 PM   #6  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Just pick yourself up and keep going. Tell yourself you can do it! We've all been down that bumpy road before.. I for one am still going down that bumpy road but i can't let it get me down this time.> I've changed the way I think/eat/act. You can do it as well!! Have some faith in yourself.
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:38 PM   #7  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

I can't tell you how many times I've been in your shoes! But they are all right, if you want it bad enough, you'll work hard to get it...nothing comes easy. I've been at the same weight for the entire summer! I haven't budged at all! It's frustrating, but I gotta stick with it. If I don't all my hard work will be for nothing! Take one day, and one step at a time.
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Great advice! I've been there... I'm still there, and its hard. Such a struggle. Sometimes its as if you have to keep reminding yourself that you're trying to lose weight or something... Either way, goodluck! You're not alone. Everyone is here for you!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/200/135

Height: 5'1"

For me personally, I am a want it now kind of girl. I get frustrated when I do really great for a week straight and lost nothing. Everytime I have ever started a diet and I don't lose weight the first week I give up. But I realize that I never give myself a chance. It is very hard to stick to it if you feel it isn't working, but how do you know if you only give it 7 days. You are all right, it is a mindset!
Brooklin Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:05 AM   #10  
Proud US Navy Wife

You can do it! We all know where you've been... I've fallen off more times than I care to admit. =x. Keep yourself inspired, that's one of the ways I always lasted... and that means keep comming here, even if you just read some of the posts... it really motivates. Talking about it also helps to make it real, so post away!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 136/136/120

Height: 5'0

I have the same problem about just not, well, taking care of myself sometimes. I start ignoring my weight loss goals when I get depressed because food is such a comfort. This month has been really hard. I've done really poorly but I am not weighing myself right not because I am trying to get back on track and seeing the numbers is just going to depress me further. Set mini goals. Remember it won't all come off at once, so set goals of 5 pounds at a time. The biggest thing I've had to learn is don't beat yourself up over a setback because it doesn't help.
Feisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:10 PM   #12  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

You DO have to take this day by day. BUT you also need to look at the bigger picture and not beat yourself up if you miss one workout or eat one cookie, just don't let it add up.
Just try your best and keep, keep, keep, keep at it......but be ready to forgive yourself as well.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

wow , i was not expecting so many responses . . . It helps so much to know everyone has gone through this. and the advice . i think i want to cry. everyones advise is so helpful. THANK YOU GUYS. i will keep you all updated. i love this board!!!! i love you guys!!! i feel empowered.
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:32 PM   #14  
Proud US Navy Wife

Haha I know the feeling.. I remember my first post a year ago, I almost started crying at the response I got... it made me feel less hopeless about my weight loss. So keep at it, and keep comming! *hugs* We're here for you
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:15 PM   #15  
*she rocks*

S/C/G: 143/143/113

Height: 5' 5"

freegeegirl- remember to be kind and gentle to yourself, and not to beat yourself up if you slip. so u slip! so what!! Also, if u find u often slip bc u eat emotionally, perhaps its time to start focsuing on that? Just a thought cause I had a problem with emotional eating too.
GlitterTartLovesArt is offline   Reply With Quote