Old 06-20-2006, 07:53 AM   #31  

Ended up getting an inadvertent run in yesterday as it was POURING rain when I left work... ready, set, sprint to the metro!!

I've got a couple of appointments to see apartments in Charlottesville on Friday... I can't believe it's almost time to move *again*. I just got here. Sheesh. I called like 10 places, and only have 2 appointments set up. What's with that? I either couldn't get through, the place was leased already, or the number took me someplace unexpected. It's frustrating. Seems like all the places that are actually in my budget are the ones I can't get through to! Oh well, maybe one of these two places will be nice enough... It's hard to locate apartments long-distance...

Happy Tuesday ladies, make it count
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:13 AM   #32  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

ABakerchick17 - Your inspirational! Double workouts good luck. I'm still struggling with trying to make a habit of daily workouts.
rosiek2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:15 AM   #33  
...future runner...

Apolline - No, I missed Oprah (no longer watch TV in my house). I think I'll look this show up on her site just to see what it's all about.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:27 AM   #34  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolline
Ok - anyone watch Oprah tonight/today? Anyone doing her 12 week boot camp?
I have to say that June has been pretty sad and pathetic so far !! I have been very naughty and need to get "back on the wagon". The only thing I have been consistant with is my water intake.
Anyone else having problems? Any advice?

I watched Oprah...and it was an interesting show. I am not doing her bootcamp, but I am sure that it works. Did you see that one lady who lost 85 pounds and looked great in a 2 piece bathing suit!!
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:50 AM   #35  
Tryin' to start strong!

S/C/G: 210/207/120

Default *sigh*

junebug41: Thanks!! Hopefully it will be easier from here on in!! Oh, and congrats on doing so well this weekend!!
pachy: If I haven't said it already.......I just took a trip to England and Wales recently and contemplated (still am, actually) moving there.
brito: It's totally hard to find an apartment where I live too!! I'm living with my parents to keep my rent as low as possible for as long as possible so that I can save for things that are truly important to me (like homeownership, early retirement, etc).
daisy: I love your motivation!! Every week you seem to be saying "you can do it" to yourself over and over again. Keep it up!
Pilatesgrl: Congrats on the loss!! I had a guy in my step class last night, and he wasn't too bad! He actually seemed to be somewhat coordinated---unlike myself!!!
lady: Don't forget to eat or it'll be the end of you!!! I understand being so busy you forget though! Hope things slow down a bit so you can stop and smell the flowers.
valrock: I'm totally jealous that you live in Hawaii!! I've wanted to go, but haven't been able to get there yet. Glad you're taking your opportunity now to visit someplace special before you move. Oh, and I do consider laundry a workout! Up-and-down stairs?! Folding? Sorting? PLUS, you have the kiddo to handle while doing it! I don't see how you get it done!
nevah: I'm sure you'll get those last few pounds!!! As far as the step goes...maybe try a cinderblock?? Or a log?? Obviously the log needs to be flat.
Alaynna:The last ten will come off, don't fret. Just keep doin' what your doin'!
Slimming: Hope your week goes better!
Apolline: No, I'm at work during Oprah. What's the 12 week boot camp program like??
FaeReverie: Don't you just LOVE the Brita filter?! I have a Pur filter (same difference), and I love it!!! I bought it when I was at school and went to get a glass of water from the faucet and the stuff that came out was greenish/brown...definitely NOT healthy!! I just had to remember that I need to make sure that I had a flouride enhanced toothpaste after that, because I usually got my flouride from our water (the water plant fortifies it for us).
rosiek2277: hi!!!
ABakerchick: We are worth it!!!
denice81: I love the pool!!! So jealous!

Well, my monday was a rough one. So, I thought I was going to start tuesday off right...yea right. Didn't make it to the gym this morning (as I usually do), but I was down to 202 again!! YAY!!!!! I've been trying to exercise for an hour in the mornings before work and two hours in the evenings after work. This seems to be working well except that then all I do is sleep, work out, work, work out, and sleep!!! I didn't go in this morning because I had gone out after working out last night to visit a friend and didn't get to bed until 10:30. Doesn't sound bad, but when you get up at 5 every morning and then work out, work, and work out double you end up incredibly tired by 9. I'm thinking I might fit in a luch-time work out since I didn't get to one this morning....who knows, we'll see how it goes!!

P.S. I'm not good at instant "all people personal" replies!! That's why I've edited this same message like 15 times!! lol But, I like to include everyone!! You're all special!!

Last edited by starwatcher; 06-20-2006 at 06:55 PM.
starwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:51 AM   #36  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well its Tuesday ladies, still plenty of week left to be had! I got my last wk 6 run in on Sunday...2 miles! Was supposed to do 2.7 and kind of punked out on the rest of it but 2 mi is an accomplishment for me (I am trying to be more positive - can you tell?) Eating has been well...typical and by typical I mean not good unfortunately. Water consumption has been ok. Just looked down at my exercise stats at the bottom and I definitely need to join in on the doubling up. There is a step aerobics class tonight at the gym...think I may drag my hubby to it. I remember the last time I did it I got my a$$ kicked...also could get my wk7d1 run in....so many options, so much to do!

Daisy - Thats the attitude to have hun !

pachyderm - Nice to meet you, I am on week 7 of the c25k program...it really is great! I remember dying through the 90 second runs and now I can run a half an hour with no breaks without being completely winded....

brito - I wish I could garden, I am the black mariah when it comes to plants.

pilatesgirl - Calorie cycling seems to work but it also a lot of work. Good luck, let us know how it goes. Thats funny about your bf going to your pilates class. I am dragging my hubby to step aerobics this week.

lady james - OMG 32 hours no eating, you are a crazy woman. Good job on the walking.

nevaeh - Love your avatar... check out your local thrift store or ebay I bought a used step not to long ago...you can also do most moves just on the floor if you dont have a step....

alaynna - 100%? I am 100% with you on this...I know you can do it!

starwatcher - I may have mentioned this in the forum before but be really careful about your workout times...you may want to split up those long sessions. Any cardio over an hour long starts burning muscle and not fat. I try to break it up with strength training or stretching breaks...

slimming down - I hope you make it to the gym....take some time for yourself and destress maybe try a yoga class? Those are great .

iceprincess - 45 minutes is 45 minutes, good going! Babies make everything ok...

valrock - Laundry so should be counted as exercise lol...I have a split level home so up and down the stairs I go all day long...

june - tube trip down the river? Love it - sounds fun.

faereverie - treats are awesome motivation! Sounds like you are right on track .

abakerchick - I am going to have to double up with you. We are worth it, good luck.

apolline - I always slack on my water. I am consistent with my running, but that is just not enough in the workout dept. and don't even get me started on my eating rofl.

denice - swimming is really great cardio!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #37  
Tryin' to start strong!

S/C/G: 210/207/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephiewilliams
starwatcher - I may have mentioned this in the forum before but be really careful about your workout times...you may want to split up those long sessions. Any cardio over an hour long starts burning muscle and not fat. I try to break it up with strength training or stretching breaks...
Thanks, Stephie. I do break them up. I start it off with a full half-hour of cardio, then weights, then rowing (my favorite!), then weights again, and cardio again. Sometimes I change it up, but that's the basic jist of it all. I try not to do the same thing back to back so that I don't over do anything. Which is really nice, because it leaves me not feeling as sore as I would otherwise.

P.S. Good Job on the running!! It'll just take time to get more miles into less time. I'm sure you'll get there

Last edited by starwatcher; 06-20-2006 at 07:00 PM.
starwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:36 PM   #38  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

It's 10:25 and I've accomplished a lot today. It's going to be a good day, I think (jinx)... I managed 40 minutes of running stairs and will lap swim for a half hour and maybe pop in on a Yoga class. I have to hang aorund here for a couple of hours to wait for a friend, so I might as well burn off some energy. But those silly hockey parents who INSIST on bringing in treats ("well I don't need it, so I might as well try to make YOU gain weight!"). So I've had 4 miniature iced lemon cookies. And by miniature, I mean smaller than a half-dollar.

Hopefully I'll be good and worn out by the time I get home.

Jaime- one word: craigslist. I have found my last 2 apartments on there and I am a lifer. It allows you to weed out the dumps and refine your search. And TONS of people use it, from single owners renting out their second property (like my new place), or larger property managed companies (like my last place). Even though I happen to like home searching, it is quite the pain sometimes. Good luck!

Stephanie: I giggle when I think of a guy in a step class. I remember the first (and last) class I took Ross to and it was switched from yoga to a type of dance. He looked hysterical!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:12 PM   #39  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Hey Ladies!! Wow three pages and its only Tuesday! I feel so behind, but I just got in from Atl a few minutes ago and I had to come check up on the board. Also, I had to post my food diaries cause when I actually make up my mind that I'm going to do them, I get kind of.. anal about it.

Pachyderm- Welcome!

Jaime - Yum.. cherries. We had a bunch of those at work last week and they were sooo good. I wish I had a place to garden, but there isn't much room in an apartment. And yes, moving is such a pain. I'm moving again at the end of July. Luckily, just across town but I'm dreading hauling everything up 2 flights of stairs. I guess thats what they make the men in my life for.

Pilates Girl- What is calorie cycling?? Your story about taking your boyfriend to pilates is pretty familiar. My only really gym buddy is a guy who.. is extremely uncoordinated, but pretty fit. It's funny to watch him in the kickboxing class with all the girls because he just can't ever seem to get the moves in the right order.

Lady James- 10 miles?? Awesome. And don't forget to eat! All that movin needs fuel.

Nevaeh- Maybe you could do them without steps at first? I've only taken one step class before, but it seems like the movements are things you could do without one. I'm not sure how much steps cost, but I'd be scared to use stuff not for exercise use because I'd be afraid I'd hurt myself! Although, I'm pretty clumsy, so maybe thats just me.

Alaynna - Those sound like pretty good goals to me.

Starwatcher - Yumm.. fair food is one of my downfalls too. Especially the funnel cake. I'm glad the fair only comes once a year.

Slimming- Sorry you had a bad Monday, but maybe getting to the gym will help relieve some of your stress.

ValRock- Have fun on vacation!!!

Apolline- I did watch Oprah. I've loved Bob Greene for as long as I can remember.. I guess I just really believe in his methods, even though they are very hard. I'm not doing the bootcamp, but I'm trying to follow the suggestions in his Total Body Makeover Book.

Ok, now I'm KIND of caught up. The weekend at the beach with my mom was very relaxing and low-key. I didn't use food to fill my time, and I feel really good about that. Eating out, junk food, and fast food are three of the hardest things for me to turn down, and it seems like traveling makes it even harder, but I made good descisions. Yesterday I went to ATL with the almost-but-probably-not boyfriend, and my best friend for a concert. They are junk foodies too... and even when faced with temptation I was able to say no and be happy with the healthy stuff that I had. I even turned down stuff that was in my calorie-range, but nutritionally empty. I want the food I eat to make me feel good, not sluggish.

Even if I haven`t lost -I'll know tomorrow- I feel really accomplished.

Ok, back to work. Then to the gym. And then taking the A-B-P-N-bf to see the Break Up so he can see what a jerk he is sometimes. jk, kind of.

Hope everyone is having a great week and staying strong!!

Last edited by WastedThermos; 06-20-2006 at 04:30 PM.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:27 PM   #40  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

Alright Ladies. Im headed out of town on a business trip til Sunday.
Be Strong!!! And I will see you guys once I get back
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:00 PM   #41  

Calorie cycling: there is another post somewhere about it if you search for it describing it better than I can

Basically I said: I want to average 1400 cals this week...so I take 1400 x 7 = 9800 cals for the week
Then, I am planning it on some days eating more than 1400, some days eating less than 1400 (but no lower than 1200)...so it averages out ot be 9800
This way, I guess it's supposed to keep your metabolism "guessing" and keeping it higher than if I ate strict 1400 calorie meals
I know that body builders use it a lot...but at much higher averages

Today I was going to keep my limit 1800, since the past two days were at 1200...but I am just not that hungry right now...so far I'm at 1350 or so...but at least I know if I want a snack I won't be sabatoging my diet.
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:33 PM   #42  

I usually don't step on the scale in the evening...and only in the morning (every morning)...
and it said 172!!! That's -4 lbs!!! I do know that can't be fat...and is probably water...but still it's motivating and very exciting!!!
Maybe it'll be lower in the morning, but I'm not going to get my hopes up!!!

Britomart- good luck with the apartment search!

Starwatcher- england and wales...soooo envious! I can't wait to be done with school so I can travel!

Junebug- how many swimming laps do you do? I think I did 10 once and I almost died...no endurance in the water!

I have to go to bed sooo early tonight...because I have to get up soooo early tommorow (5:15am ick)
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:22 PM   #43  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Pilatesgirl- I don't count laps, but I watch the pool clock, which means I'm a slow swimmer. I'm pretty lucky because I don't have to mess with rec pools as the facility where I work has an olympic sized competitive pool (I don't get helath insurance, so I look at this as my own benefit plan). I find that if I just do freestyle laps I burnout pretty quickly, so I alternate using a kickboard/flippers for my legs and then those hand weight things for my arms so when I go back to freestyle I go a bit faster.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:21 PM   #44  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey y'all!

Life is pretty good right now, just got back from 3 miles on the elliptical and a walk around the lake. I've felt so much better now that I have this new commitment to exercise! I'm aiming for 18 miles during my aerobic sessions(doesn't matter what machine, outside exercise etc) just trying for the equivalent this week. I'll be happy with that.

Have any of you all done the contract in Bob Greene's book? It has made a SIGNIFICANT difference in how commited I am. I post it everywhere, even right by my bed and on my TV, so when I'm unmotivated, my commitment is there. So far it has stemmed off the urge to turn over and sleep for an extra hour or sit on the couch and veg.

Speaking of goals, my goal is to not look like a stuffed sausage in a bubble gum pink bridesmaid dress on July 29. I know I will not be "thin" by then (not that I've ever been that!), but I can be thinner... I had to have the dress fitted today, and they were talking about how much they would have to take it out. YICK. I hate that feeling when its so tight it almost won't zip.

Jaime- I'm all about the cherries too! Just bought some yesterday, and they are great!

Navaeh- Do the class without the step for a few times. I had to do that out my old gym and with the Firm tapes for the first few sessions to work up to the step. Ya gotta start somewhere, right?

Hey everyone else! Hope you're having a great week!

Stay with it!
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:33 PM   #45  
...future runner...

misstraveller - It sounds like your doing great, I'm going to have to try a "commitment" something in writing to look at.