Old 06-19-2006, 03:03 AM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default **Weekly Chat - 19 June - 25 June**

morning ladies

i hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was nice - I was busy, but it was good to do some things around the house and just catch up with stuff.

now, call me crazy but i had an idea last night about what i will do this week.

i am going to eat healthy , exercise every day and will see a loss on the scales at the end of the week

seriously i have 510 minutes to reach my goal for the month and 12 days to reach it. totally achievable! it is raining right now and we are due for thunderstorms so i don't think a walk will be on the cards, but some yoga and upper body strength sounds good. now, i just need to watch what passes my lips . . .
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Hello, can I push in?

I joined 3FC a few weeks ago and I am still finding my way around this site. I am 25 and I live in England. I wanted to lose about 56 lbs after I reached my highest ever weight that put my BMI firmly in the obese section. Now I have managed to loose about 9lbs and I am just in the severely overweight section according to fitday.

Rather than follow an official diet like WW, I have decided to eat healthily and do more exercise. I want to get fit as well as thin as I have a fantastic once-in-a-lifetime trip round South America planned for October this year, and I want to be able to do lots of hiking and all sorts of other activities without having to give them much thought. I have started the couch to 5k running programme , and have been doing a lot of walking. I plan to add more cycling in as I advance in the running, but don't want to put too much pressure on myself too early.

Anyway that's me. I hope you don't mind me butting in.
Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:37 AM   #3  

Hellooo ladies, happy Monday!

Welcome Pachyderm, good luck on your journey

It is so gross and humid here... I think summer has arrived. It makes being outside so unpleasant... I hate humidity!

My weekend was good... no blueberry picking after all (just didn't get to it) but we went cherry picking instead! There's a place which is only open 1 week out of the year for cherry picking. Now I have a giant bag of cherries and they're soooo good! I also did some gardening... had to weed my veggies. The carrots have finally shown themselves, and I have quite a few little tomatoes coming. The cabbage is starting to curl in at the middle, which is good. And my squash and zucchini plants are HUGE! (Well, I moved some around two weeks ago, and I think I set back their growth by two weeks. They're still small. But the ones I didn't move are doing SO well.) One of my rows of corn didn't come in at all! But for the most part, everything looks good and I can't wait for it to be edible

Well... not much else to share yet... the week is still young!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:27 AM   #4  

Whew talk about being tired this morning! Getting up early for a summer class after sleeping in super late all weekend is not easy! I ate 1200 calories yesterday (didn't exercise, but I'll take the 1200 cals)...I thought I'd try calorie cycling this next month and today I am going for 1400 calories (and I'm going to do some cardio and pilates today) I took my measurements yesterday, and I'll probably take them again to compare in 4 weeks with cal cycling for week1: avg 1400/day, week2: avg 1300/day week 3: avg 1600/day and week 4: avg 1400/day (lowest days being 1200)
Yesterday was suprisingly easy...I hope today goes well!

Goodluck with healthy eating/exercising today ladies!!!
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:17 AM   #5  
L A D Y J A M E S

S/C/G: 265/236/180

Height: 5'9

Yesterday I walked a total of 10 miles, yay! BUT not-so-yay was coming very close to throwing up/passing out on the effect pedals of one of my favorite bands, who came alllllll the way from Japan to play. I was so mad at myself when I figured out the cause of my sickness -- I hadn't eaten in 32 hours! I don't know how that happened. Anyway, I was sad to miss most of their set but they played the new song that I like most. I also missed my dance class yesterday morning because I needed the sleep. Also this weekend, my allergies flared up out of control! I felt a wreck, and I even woke up for two whole hours pre-dawn because I was sneezing/coughing/runny nosed/itchy eyed/itchy rash. All in all, I feel okay this morning and I gave myself a ton of work today so next week I can coast and not feel guilty about taking off an extra day to boot.

Happy Monday to all!
ladyjames63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:31 AM   #6  

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies!

I feel like I haven't been here forever... I have just been so busy and not eating as well as I should. And not exercising. Today is a new day, a new week! I have been trying to break past 170 and into the 160's for who knows how long.. I am going to do it! While I have not been exercising the past 2-3 weeks I have however bought myself exercise DVD's and some equipment getting prepared. Now I need to open them up... I invested in a yoga kit to try out and I also purchased Jillian's "The Biggest Winner" set. However one problem... you need to have a step to do the video and I don't have one. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I could use in place of a step? Hope everyone has a great week!

Daisy Boo - I'm right with ya girl... this is going to be a good week!

Pachyderm
- Welcome! It sounds like you are off to a great start!

britomart - I am so jealous! I would love to start a little garden but I've been told it is just too hot down here... blah.

Pilatesgrl - Good luck with the calorie cycling! I'm interested to know how that will work out for you.. keep us updated!

ladyjames63 - Glad you are feeling better! And good luck on those 10 miles, that's great!!
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:50 AM   #7  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

I'm in this week to! Eating good and exercising good all week! No excuses~

Have a great day Ladies!
:smile:
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:50 AM   #8  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

I am really going to buckle down this week and stick to everything...I am still at my plateau...but its my fault because I am not giving 100%...I know that if I exercise 5 times a week and I get back into eating 5 times a day...I will lose the last 10 pounds....I still exercise but I have only been doing it 2-3 times a week and only 30 mins instead of an hour.

So this week:

*I am going to make sure and eat lunch instead of skipping it.

*exercise 5 times this week and hour each session

*start bringing my breakfast to work instead of going downstairs to our dining center and getting it

*For tomorrow night (margarita night)...only have 1 1/2 margaritas instead of 2 1/2. ......

*And lose 1.5 pounds this week and get into the 130's finally!!!

*....and Just feel good about myself
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:49 AM   #9  
Tryin' to start strong!

S/C/G: 210/207/120

Default What a weekend!!!

I totally tipped the wagon this weekend! I didn't quite fall off, but, dang!!! I was so close! I started it off alright, finding myself down at 202 and incredibly excited! However, this morning I was 205. GAH! I'm mad at myself because this weekend was a weekend of feasts. I was doing ok on Saturday--a couple bites of stuff I shouldn't have, namely, funnel cake and kettle corn (totally my downfall at my favorite fair). Sunday was a disaster, though! I went to the gym for 2 hours in the morning (feeling guilty about Saturday) and then made a good salad to take on our picnic. Well, we got to the picnic spot, and I was TOTALLY not prepared for where it was in the first place--filp-flops in the high country--and, when I'd asked my mom to take out one chicken tender (to go with my salad), she took two. So, I ate my salad and tenders...but there were deviled eggs!!! So, two deviled eggs, one cheeseburger patty, two margaritas, and a bath of insect repellent later, I found myself at the gym AGAIN feeling guilty about the day. I was there for three hours last night trying desperately to work off some of those calories. I figured that I'd made up for the horrible Sunday by exercising so much plus not eating dinner (no way was I even hungry at dinner time!!!), but I was 208 last night, thankfully I'm down to 205 this morning, but geez!! I've GOT to find more will power! That's why I don't like eating with anyone else right now, because I just can't help it...and I need to be able to before I can eat with anyone else. But, the week was good up until then. Hope everyone else had a better weekend!
starwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:39 PM   #10  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

Well this is not a good Monday.
Just lots of life crap that are stressing me out and adding to my to do list. I am not sure when I am going to make it to the gym today. I am hoping maybe I can skip out of work an hour early to hit the gym before two meetings I have tonight.

Alannya-- just a tip about breakfast. I like to get those Kashi TLC bars. They are like granola bars but have lots of protein in them. That way I can grab a bar and some fruit or maybe a yogurt and eat it at my desk. The bar and fruit (or yogurt) fit easily in my purse. I've even been known to make a small PBJ on wheat bread and eat it in the car
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:40 PM   #11  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Starwatcher- did you have one of those "Texas Twister" things? I think they are new this year, and.... OMG.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #12  
Tryin' to start strong!

S/C/G: 210/207/120

YES! I totally had a texas twister! I had them put it in my water bottle, and I got the sugar free kind (so it was orange instead of the red). It was still pretty good, being sugar free!!
starwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 224/185/160

It's been disgustingly humid here all weekend, we need a really good thunderstorm soon. I did a 45 minute walk yesterday, not as intense as I usually would but at least it's something.

Spent some time with my neice this weekend, hard to beleive she's almost a year old now. Time flies. I was having a crappy day until I saw her, I wonder what it is about babies that makes all the bad stuff seem so unimportant?
iceprincess1496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #14  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimming Down

Alannya-- just a tip about breakfast. I like to get those Kashi TLC bars. They are like granola bars but have lots of protein in them. That way I can grab a bar and some fruit or maybe a yogurt and eat it at my desk. The bar and fruit (or yogurt) fit easily in my purse. I've even been known to make a small PBJ on wheat bread and eat it in the car

Thanks, I will have to look for that at the store.

*I usually bring cottage cheese and a dannon light smoothie..I watch my calories and its usually only 160 cals all together.
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:02 PM   #15  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Gooood Morning!! It's raining this AM so I can't go walking... bla. I never thought I'd NEED to exercise to function but it's getting there LOL. If I don't get my walk in I'm sooo tired by the end of the day! Funny how that works. I'm doing GOBS of laundry instead... it counts, right? up and down the stairs a billion times lol. We're going on vacation on Thursday and I'm SOOO excited but a little worried that I won't have access to the internet and may have trouble tracking what I'm eating. I'll do my best and cross my fingers that I don't gain! We'll do a lot of hiking so that will help.

Have a GREAT week everyone!!!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote