Old 05-06-2006, 01:31 PM   #46  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

I don't follow a certain diet plan. I watch what i eat and hope i don't overdue it.
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 04:01 PM   #47  
here I go again...

Sorry for being so in and out lately... I've been home for three days of the last nine; have been travelling for work a lot lately. I have been eating out every meal. I was only home for two days between trips and didn't want to buy groceries, so I even ate out when I was home. I feel disgusting. I was able to workout a lot on the first trip but not at all on the second. I just feel so lazy. I'm exhausted and un-motivated. Then I started thinking on my three hour drive last night about failing. Failing to live up to my potential, failing to take control of my own life, failing to inspire myself to make real changes because its so easy to stay in the same pattern. I don't know how to turn it around when I don't have any time for myself. I hate my job and I just want to go back to school, but how I am going to afford to live while I'm in school. What if I don't get into the program I want. I don't want to have to admit to everyone that I've failed at something else. My apartment is a mess and all I want to do is sleep. I'm sorry for whining, I know everyone else has their own issues to deal with... I guess I just want to know that I'm not the only person who feels this way from time to time. And I also guess I need someone to push me back into action and know that you all are the perfect group of girls to do just that. So thank you for listening girls. This too shall pass.
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #48  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

We all get in that slump every once in awhile abakerchick. Dont' beat yourself up. Just resolve to make tomorrow the start of a new day & get back on track. Even though you have to eat out every meal, make sure you're making good healthy choices vs. the nasty old fat filled foods. You can do it! Have faith in yourself!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:13 PM   #49  
Living the Laguna life...

bakerchick, i travel for work (every week I am away from home Monday through Thursday). The first couple weeks I felt JUST the way you were describing...I absolutely hated it! After the first month though, I started realizing that I was going to need to take control if I wanted to maintain my sanity! Even though I worked out in the morning (part of my routine at home), I started adding an additional night workout just to keep myself from going out and eating tons of restaurant food. I just do something non-impact and light (yoga, walking, elliptical). Also, I found a grocery store near my away office, and instead of going out for a big dinner, I will just pop in there and grab an apple and some peanut butter and have that. Good luck!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 09:07 AM   #50  
here I go again...

Thanks for the advice Michelle! I think one of the biggest problems is not sleeping well while I'm away... so I end up completely exhausted with no motivation. I think I should start taking something for that on nights that I'm away...

Okay, time for a little "weekend warrior" action. Gotta work out!

illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote