Old 05-04-2006, 11:44 AM   #31  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok so I am finally back on track. My scale is patronizing me with a one pound gain to show me I cannot take multiple days off from working out. Got my run in yesterday. Going to do another today. There is a pilates class at the gym tonight I was thinking about trying it. No matter what I need to get my run and some kind of strength training in today. Also gotta up that water and keep an eye on what goes in my mouth. My birthday is in a few weeks and man would I love to be a little more toned before I see my old pals to celebrate.

Megan - Bocci sounds pretty fun. I am pretty sure I saw some gals at the park playing it. The balls they had looked kind of like those spherical weight training balls but different colors. I didnt know you were in a show, what kind of show is it?

karma - sorry to hear about your breakup, I hope it is for the better. Its great that you have something to take your mind off it, and that the something you have is good for you.

sushi - congrats on the good interview. You are a fast typer eh? Ever thought of applying to be a closed captioner? They make a ton of money and you usually work from home.

miss michelle - Maybe try strength training your arms or abs today see if that knee feels better after some downtime.

bakerchick - WE WILL NOT let yout hit bottom! Its a new month...lets get things started!

stacy - oooh vegas, stay away from those buffets!

maja - Its probably stress weight...Get a fitness ball to sit on at work, their great. Engages your core plus their pretty fun to bounce up and down on when you are bored. The other Stephanie is Lockitup...I am worried about her.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:13 PM   #32  
Living the Laguna life...

hi guys
thanks for being so supportive this week...for some reason, it's been rough. a lot of ups and downs i guess.
megan, i rested my knee yesterday and it is actually feeling ok today. i think i am going to go to spin class and see how it does. i figured that would be better than going for a run as its less impact. i haaate not being able to run, it makes me feel so sluggish! if my knee feels ok later, i might sneak in a run before dinner (i need the devil face here!) i never thought i would need the devil face because i was working out too much!!! the weather in san francisco is abolutely beeeautiful today too, so i am definitely iching to get out of the office.
trns, i felt exactly the same way when i started working. i hated it, felt like my as* was growing sideways, just ickiness in generaly. have you been keeping the same diet? i have probably cut my calories in half (i'm not even joking) since going from college (walking to and from class, library, etc) to work. in college, i probably ate 2500 calories a day, now i am 1200-1500. its unbelievable to me how fewer calories i burn sitting. i also find it helpful to do a little activity in the morning, even if its just going for a walk!

yesterday i kept my calories actually below 1500 for the first time in ages because i didn't work out. for me, this is tough...i definitely have bouts of hungriness. does anyone else find it mentally exhausting to diet??? i had a headache by the end of the day, probably from keeping my food plan for the day in my head. i think i need to talk to some people from weight watchers and figure out how they do this. i feel like i have a running calorie total floating in my head all day...
anyway, i hope everyone is having a great day. only one more day until friday!!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:17 PM   #33  

well, this week has been eh. not good, not bad. monday i took off. tuesday i worked out a ton before i went to the baseball game where i drank 3 beers, then went out with my brother and probably had about 4 more! ahhh. food wise was good, oatmeal pre-gym, a veggie egg white omlet post gym, and a salad and stuffed mushrooms after the game. so basically i got a ton of calories from beer, but i ate well and worked out.

wednesday i wasn't feeling hot (go figure) and today i am eating well and i just got back from a good workout at the gym. i plan on walking around downtown in a bit to get some sun and exercise. i plan on remaining on track for the rest of the day and week.

tonight, my sister is coming over for ribs and the o.c. it's weird because i went from such a meat-eater to nothing but fish. it's been almost three weeks and it's been no problem. it's good because i am usually eating two servings of vegetables (usually a salad and steamed veggies) and one starch (usually a sweet potato, or baked potato). so hopefully but replacing my meat consumption with veggies, it will help with my weight loss. now, if only i can kick the ice cream and berries for dessert.

i feel like it's always something. and i can't blame anyone but myself.

Megan - Bocci sounds like fun.

karma - sorry to hear about your breakup.

sushi - congrats on the interview.

miss michelle - i would just try to keep with the core exercises.

bakerchick -April was not the best month for me, but May is a new month!

stacy - i love vegas! are you staying on the strip? you're kinda lucky about the drink calories, that's always my downfall. vegas is so easy to not be 21 and drink though.

trnsfrmnreplace- it's probably stress or....this sounds so basic, but are you sure you're not constipated? when you say your stomach is hard that's what i think. i had to start taking a herbal supplement (psyllium husk) to help me as well as watching my calcium intake (too much can cause constipation). i decided to become a vegetarian because i picked up a free brochure and after reading everything, i decided i don't NEED meat, nor do i want to possibly put bacteria and such in my body. there's a lot of reasons, but i guess the brochure and websites that i have visited have made me more confident in my decision. i'm not worried about protein because i eat egg whites and will still eat fish occassionally. plus, a lot of veggies have protein in them, as does the cottage cheese i eat. i am taking an iron supplement though.
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:01 PM   #34  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

well last night was a bust food wise. OH was back from his trip and he got his commission finally paid so he wanted to go out for dinner. i didn't want to go out but he seemed as though he really wanted to and in the end i suggested we go to the harbour and get some fish and chips. it was nice, and a good chance for us to just sit and talk.

on the plus side, although i did have chips and some calamari and a little fish, i didn't eat everything in front of me. so i am showing a little control over my food and it was nice not leaving the table absolutely stuffed.

last night i got in some yoga. i would have preferred a full 90 minute session but struggled with just the 60 minutes that i did. i was laying on my stomach getting ready to do cobra and other lower back exercises and honestly had to talk myself into doing the move and not just lay there with my eyes closed. my body was exhausted.

i am trying to ignore TOM at the moment who decided to come two days ago. that may be why i am feeling a little drained, but it is always such a good excuse to binge or not do exercise so i am going on just as normal.

this is bizarre, but i thought i would share it with you. i dreamt last night that i broke my lower leg bone, just behind my calf muscle. i was sitting on the floor stretching with my legs in front of me and reaching forward to my feet and i grabbed my feet and pulled my upper body inwards and then made it all the way down so my chest hit my knees. i thought "great!" (i am not this flexible in real life!). then i realised that my left leg was a little too flexible and pulled my foot towards me a little (you know, to get that stretch) and the whole thing just came towards me while the rest of my leg stayed on the floor my first thought was "oh no! now i can't workout!"

the kids come over tonight and it is OH's son's birthday party tomorrow afternoon. that means we will have OH's family over tomorrow night and his parents will stay on that night too. i have to get in some exercise this weekend and will not put it off to play host and entertain everyone. very assertive

chicago - well done on your meals. even if you did have some beers (which is no great crime), your food was great. great job!

miss michelle - spin would be a good option for your knee. low impact so long as you don't go too hard. take your time and rest it really well afterwards.

stephie - good on you getting your run in. you sound like you have been so busy lately but making the time to workout is a priority.

trns - i have no idea what is going on with your body. sounds like it would get me down too. just keep at it and workout as you can and keep taking your water. your body will sort itself out soon. you are one of my motivations/inspirations to keep my workout minutes up - i will succeed this month!

stacy - what a nightmare with your hair! you will have to find a good cap for the time being
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:17 AM   #35  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Default gym gym i'm going to the gym....

stephiewilliams - I wish i could bring a fitness ball to work. hehe. I use one sometimes while i'm on here. I have noticed i have really bad posture due to sitting in front of the computer at work. Need to work on that. Hmmm. What is Stephanies blog? I hope she is doing okay.

miss michelle - See the thing is life hasn't really changed much since i started work. I used to do freelance so i would sit all day long anyway. But i did notice that i'm STARVING all the time since i've started this job. I"m not sure what is causing that. I think i will start taking walking breaks around the block from now on. I think i will also try to reduce my calories somehow. I guess it's that point in time to change my ways.

chicagoposter - Hmmm, i have been going pretty much everyday, but i have noticed a change though. Hmmmm. You think that might be it? I used to be a vegetarian too, but that lead to a vicious cycle of unhealthy eating for me, plus my stomach disliked all the greens. I'm still not big on meat these days. What type of books have you read?

Daisy Boo - Yeah, i'm just hoping it's like last month that week where something just blew me up like a balloon. Hope it goes away by the 15th when i weight in again. I just LOOK and feel bloated. You are too sweet. Keep up the great job on minutes!

Well i'm off to the gym girls. I'm trying to start going earlier and earlier to see how much quicker i can get home without having to go there when there is a great amount of people there.

Eh, last time i went there was this creeeeeepy bald short body builder that kept following me around and grunting and starring. YUCK! I wish i had my own gym. Or at least a treadmill.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:19 AM   #36  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Well today I had some time (finally) so I played a little golf this morning, did my run this afternoon and fit in my strength training this evening. Eating was nothing but crap although sparingly (like that makes it better) Water consumption was nada...so am going to go drown myself with 80 glasses before I go to bed tonight. Tomorrow I am super busy going out of town in the morning to shoot a tennis tournament then have to work my at home job and then shoot the rodeo tomorrow night. But I should be able to make it to the gym after that. No strength training but I WILL get a decent cardio workout in. One of the chicas in the running thread suggested that spinning helps build your endurance for running and lord knows I need all the help I can get with my endurance.

miss michelle - it is hard for me to diet too. I try to compensate by working out but in the end I think I need to realize they go hand in hand if I want to achieve my goals.

chicago - Was it light beer? I know you can be on track for the rest of the week you just have to want to do it.

daisy - I know what it is like to go out to eat because you think your dh wants too... My husband and I do that alot unfortunately. I just hate being one of those girls who is dieting so everyone else has to be dieting too ya know? Thats a weird dream hun, you should try to analyze it for fun.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:12 AM   #37  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Default May 4th - 280 minutes

Well I pushed myself really hard tonight at the gym. I shed 7 minutes off my
two mile. It still isn't good time but I'm happy to be seeing
results with my endurance

I decided to do all cardio today to see if the 5 pounds I've gained was indeed water weight.
We'll see in a few days. I did 2 miles on the treadmill and
5 miles on the bike
. I also walked my doggy tonight.

I have hope. Make this baby bulge go away! Yes, that is what i call it now. The new bump
on my belly is my baby.

Oh, I got in a car accident on my way to work
this morning. Not my fault.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:49 AM   #38  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Today was my stationary biking day. I finished the Bond book yesterday - it was supposed to be reserved for the bike, but the problem with them is that once you start reading, you've got to find out what happens... So this morning I had to grab something else ("Burnt Out Case" by Graham Greene"). I read 3 Chapters, and suddenly realized that 60 minutes have passed... WOW!

No news from the agency yet... sigh... I'll have some computer access over the weekend, so I think I'll do some independent job search on the net.

My boyfriend got a soccer ball, and I've promised to do some "kicking 'round" in the backyard with him. I only played soccer once in my life, when I was 11... but I figure it'll be good exercise!

Tomorrow is running day. I got a stop watch today, and I'm excited to try it out after running with my cell phone recently (how embarassing is that?!). Hopefully the weather will co-operate. Or do I need to start looking for one of those huge garbage bags and start cutting out holes for my head and arms in it?
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:10 AM   #39  
Jessie's Mom

Hey Gals,

I normally don't post on this thread, but it has been a tough week so I decided to talk a little about it.

Well on Sunday, my friends bother was involved in a really bad car accident. He is doing alright now, but it was a tough first couple of days. The doctor's had to keep him in a coma, he was found unconscious at the accident. They had to put a ventilator in to help with breathing, due to his lungs bleeding. He has slight bleeding on the right side of his brain. He had several broken bones and his front teeth were knocked out. Things could have been worse, but well you know. He is still in the trauma unit, but is out of the coma and the ventilator has been removed. Things will take time to heal, but he should come close to a full recovery. They think the bleeding in the brain may cause some changes to his emotional side. Only time will tell though.

So we have been dealing with that this week. Then yesterday I got a call, that one of my other friends bother died yesterday morning. We are not sure what from yet, but he did have cancer. He was 23 years old. I have been friends with this family for 20 years. They helped us deal with our loss 16years ago, when I loss my sister. She was 13, I was 12. I still have yet to recover from that, and I do not like talking about it. I just can't believe this is all happening. It seems so untrue.

So to all of you, please give your brothers, or any loved ones, a big hug this week. I know that is something most of us do not often do, but we should! Lives are taken just like that. Sometimes it seems like for no reason at all.

Sorry to have such a horrible thread. Just needed to talk about it a little.

Wendy
Treadgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:14 PM   #40  
Living the Laguna life...

hi guys
treadgirl, i am so sorry...you sound like you are going through such a hard time. you know that we are always here to listen (well, read i guess!) do you have people around you to talk to? whenever i go through a hard time, i find the best thing for me is personal reflection and talking to others about how i'm feeling. also, i love going for walks/runs...just some time to myself to think, not anything "diet" related. i hope you are feeling much better.

stephie, i love spinning because its the one non-impact excercise that actually gets my heart pumping. i run 20+ miles a week, and i still get winded in spin class..i think because you are interval training (going faster then slower) and you can't anticipate whats next...i don't know those two things really keep my heart pumping!

i have been feeling really bloated and icky the past few days, i have no idea why. i've been eating a normal diet and getting my fiber...i feel like a giant balloon! i think it's because i havent been running...i swear, i don't feel the same without my run! i was supposed to go this morning, but my knee, though feeling much better, is still a little sore. i think i'll go for a run before kickboxing on the treadmill and see how it does. i hope everyone is having a great friday!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:43 PM   #41  
Jessie's Mom

Miss Michelle- Yes, I do have all my friends here. Well, my friend that lost her brother is flying in tonight from Arizona. I also have my husband here. My Mom lives here too but she is currently in Maryland visiting my brother and sister and their families. We have a pretty big, actually huge, support group around.

It is just nice to talk to "strangers" about this sometimes. Maybe it is just me, but I find it a little easier to talk about it.

I had a pretty good day today though. I devoted the entire day to playing with my daughter. We have already been to two different parks today. I am just so grateful I have her. She looks at me with her big eyes, oh and when she laughs! It makes me forget about all the bad stuff for a little while.
Treadgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #42  

I am not feeling my best today. Broken hearts suck. I made sure I got a workout in early. I need some variety in my workouts. Taebo and hip hop aerobics are cool but they are getting old. I am going to invest in Turbo Jam and a stability ball this weekend maybe even an elliptical. **sigh**
Enough about me.

Happy Friday Everyone Have a phenomenal weeked !!!!

Trns - sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you're OK though

Treadgirl - Glad that today is a pretty good day for you. I am really sorry for all of your losses. I am praying for you, your family and friends.

Sushi - good luck with the job search. I may be searching for a new one soon .

Daisy - I thought I had really wild dreams LOL

Stephie - This breakup is for the best. I am soooo sure of it. He was a liar and a cheater. I don't need that. I am going to focus on me and leave everything else alone for awhile.

Chicago - My fellow chi - towner. Hope you are enjoying this slightly chilly Friday. There is nothing wrong with a little booze LOL. I've been out for drinks 3 times in the past week and the scale is still moving. You worked out and ate right so you are still A OK !!!
Karma27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:08 AM   #43  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Ok ladies, I rolled out of bed at 8 am this morning for a photo shoot in the next city over (1 1/2 hours away) It was for a tennis tournament that was supposed to be played on 8 courts and take 2 hours. It rained so it got moved inside. Was done on 2 courts and took until 4 pm! Then had to shoot the rodeo and it rained on me the entire time. I felt so sore from standing and being tense all day. I really did not want to workout. Then I remembered I got a video Power Yoga and Pilates...decided to try it. Being led in exercise is sometimes so much easier when you are feeling lazy. So I got 40 minutes in. Drank water like a fish today. Did really well on food however did have a stress dessert. Will have to work on that.

Tomorrow I am out of town again this time 3 1/2 hours away. I will be shooting a baseball state tournament and then staying overnight before making the trek home. My dh is going with me. I am not going to workout however I will be focusing on my eating and water.

Well I won't be checking in until Sunday...have a great weekend all!

maja - that cracks me up - your baby lol. No chance it could really be a baby is there? Great job on the cardio, I am sure your puppy loved getting to benefit from it too. OMG about the accident, are you and your car ok?

sushi - Boys are so funny with their need to get their girlfriends to play sports with them. Mine likes to play catch...even though I cannot throw. I run with my cell phone currently...look like a big dope.

treadgirl - Wendy you poor thing, that is so awful, even just one of those things would be devastating...Let us know if we can do anything for you.

miss mcihelle - I was doing some research on spinning and it burns almost the same amount of calories as running does. No wonder it kicks my butt so much.

karma - Well then if it is for the best more power to ya sista! I agree focus on you for a while. When your not looking is when love finds you...
Old 05-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #44  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Good morning Ladies. I haven't checked in all week.. I don't think? Been a long one that's for sure!

Spent one day at an insurance seminar and another day at the Governer's Conference on Aging. Both were an hour away from where i'm at. Was a good, busy week. Although, I was horrible this week and didn't exercise a single day!! I'm sure i'll pay for it when i step on the scale. I've been avoiding it this week! I ate fair. Nothing too bad except on Thursday at the conference it was a catered event and they stuck this piece of irresistable cheesecake in front of me. O..M..G.. It was a piece of heaven! First 'sweet/dessert' thing i've had in 2mos!!!! I hate the entire piece. That's worse than the pizza i had last weekend.. But, more enjoyable!

Anyway, this weekend hopefully I can do some extra workouts.. I need to that's for sure. A bit of housework this morning while my 9yr old & my DH are at baseball practice for 2hrs.

I have a new DVD I'm going to try out.. Yoga Booty something. I borrowed it from a co-worker. We'll see how that goes.

Treadgirl, PLEASE take care!! I'm sooo sorry for your loss and everything else that is going on right now for you!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:09 PM   #45  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

Gee, I haven't checked in much this week.

I have a quick question, for all you ladies what weight loss plans do you all follow? I was following WW online but I need to cut back due to finances and have cancelled my subcription already.

I'm thinking about switching to counting calories, but not sure how easy it will be for me or where to begin.
rosiek2277 is offline   Reply With Quote