Old 03-09-2006, 02:00 PM   #31  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Congrats on the job, jillybean! If only I could be so lucky!

So, TOM is finally here... for once I'm actually glad to see it. I went off birth control nearly 2 months ago (ran out of health insurance) and I hadn't gotten it at all till now. But yeah, now it's back and I'm happy.

Working on getting my crap together for grad school. I'm applying for next spring so I have a while to go yet, but I'd rather be prepared than have something go awry at the last moment. Plus, that's about the only thing I have to look forward to. Till then, I anticipate the endless dullness of temp jobs. Ugh. I wish I could just fly through the next 2-3 years of my life, to a time when I'll have finished with schooling and I can get started on a job I might actually enjoy.

Anyways, I hope you all have a productive day. As for me, I have the best intentions of going to the gym tonight, and eating healthily. Yesterday was a generally good eating day till around 7 PM, when I plurged on some dark chocolate. Naughty, but yum! I refuse to look at the scale until at least Monday. Hopefully a few productive days will bear some weight-loss fruit.
ncola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #32  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Congrats Jill. That is fantastic. (Can I borrow twenty dollars? LOL j/k)

I've been doing really well with my exercise. I've already gotten in 200 minutes. I think I'm definitely going to surpass my 900 minute goal for the month. Go me!! I'm so looking forward to my weigh-in on Sunday.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:43 PM   #33  
Movin' and Losin'

Congrats on the job offer, Jill! That is fabulous news! Now, I just need a new job...
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:53 PM   #34  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Megan1982 - I never made it but i did squeeze in minutes for the day. If i don't go out tonight i'll be at the gym for sure.

teahoney - You can do it! I'm proud of you.

Jill - congrats on the job! make that money! What do you do?
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:59 PM   #35  

Oh and for the Project Runway fans.... TEAM SANTINO!
.. haaha doesn't this icon --> remind you of Andrae?

Last edited by trnsfrmnreplace; 03-09-2006 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:06 PM   #36  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I do technical writing, but I've only been doing it for a little over a year. I did a year of marketing before that. My degree is in Business Administration with a Marketing concentration. My new job will be working on researching RFPs and writing proposals, and proposal work is both writing and a little marketing, so it's a logical next step

Oh, and it was one of the jobs I interviewed for that had contacted me through Monster. I never heard anything from ANY (and I'm talking 10+) of the companies to whom I submitted my resume via email or mail
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:37 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations Jill!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:33 PM   #38  

Megan1982 I think you've planned ahead really really well for your parents visit. When mine visit, I try to ensure we do lots of walking and eat sensibly during the day so that when dinner comes, I'm more comfortable with the meals on offer wherever we go. The thing you could do, especially if desserts are a big thing for your family is eat a salad for your main so you have an allowance for the dessert calorie wise, or else offer to share one with your mum and (this is very hard) have only 3 bites of what ever it is. Enough that she feels you are sharing it, but not so much as to push you WAY off plan.

BUT also remember that it can be good to shake up your calories every 4 days or so, just to give your metabolism a bit of a "wake up" so if you've been at 1500 or below or week, 2 days of around 2000 won't be so damaging. Especially with all the activities you've planned!

have a great time. :-)

teahoney Well done on doing 200 mins so far. And looking to exceed your exercise goal for the month! That's great - be proud.

My yoga didn't go to plan, I had to work late so missed the class. But I did do 30 mins of stretching at home And then I got in another 30 mins cardio.

This weekend should be good, I've put myself on a budget recently and I've got less than I'd hoped left until pay day. So that means lots of eating at home which makes being on plan SOOO much easier. Also the weather looks like it will hold, so hopefully we can get a couple of 2-3 hour walks/hikes in.
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:44 AM   #39  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Howdy Howdy all! Today is so much nicer weather than we've had in quite some time. It was 62 degrees when I left for work this morning, and the sun was starting to peek through. Sooooo looking forward to Spring!

Today is my sister's birthday, and she's soooo old! She's 24 today, practically ancient . Well, maybe not, but she acts it. Do you know what she wanted me to get her for her birthday? A paper shredder! And I complied! I don't know which is worse. I'm no better myself, though. For graduation I asked my parents for a bookcase. Whoopee, its all excitement and bubbles here.

Tonight the boyfriend, his brother, and I are going to the movies... it's between "The Hills Have eyes" and "The Libertine." I have a feeling it's going to end up being the former... I think I'm going to bring some healthier snacks to the movies, maybe some whole grain cereal and a piece or two of dark chocolate, so I'm not tempted to get my usual popcorn and candy. We'll see how my resolve holds up. Sunday is my sister's birthday part at my parents' house, and I know I'm going to be FORCED (haha, yeah right) to have some cake. Just a tiny piece, of course!

Anyways, hope you all have pleasant days and wonderful weekends!
ncola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 05:44 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 268/260/194

Height: 5'7.5"

Holy cow, I am finally coming back around from a long vacation away from a real weight loss plan. The weather outside today is so nice and so now that my **** week at school is done I can take a long walk! Also, sometimes I think keeping track of the cost of the food I eat would be more effective (as a scare-tactic...*grin*) than calorie counting...I just added up what I managed to eat (not planned out of course) since I got home and yikes!!

Just wanted to throw out a quick post as a way of holding myself accountable for getting my act together again and recognizing that the board motivated me. ^_^
zizania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #41  

Yesterday was the first time i missed a workout. No reason either. BAD!
Old 03-12-2006, 05:02 PM   #42  

It's been really quiet around here lately! I hope everyone's still doing great and OP. I had an experiment with South Beach... I wanted to see if I could get through Phase 1 and I failed miserably. Not for a lack of willpower (although that's usually the reason), but for a lack of energy... I don't think I can deprive myself wholly of carbohydrates, or my blood sugar won't recover. So that idea's out, although it sounded promising. I think I just need to focus on what kinds of carbs I get, as opposed to trying to avoid them. They're not my enemy.

Anyway, I need to find *something* to do with myself, as I've been stuck at 3lbs above my ticker weight for a couple of weeks now. I was doing WW, but as usual, I failed on it. Low-fat diets are not for me, because I don't eat a lot of high-fat foods anyway. Besides, low-fat food tends to have sugar added to make up for taste, and the sugar is ultimately worse for me. Maybe I'll try calorie counting... It seems like a lot of work, but so did WW before I got the hang of it! You gals seem to be pretty adept at it, I'm sure I can learn.

Okay, I'm resolved. (Love these stream-of-consciousness posts, ) Calorie-counting it will be. I start tomorrow morning!

Come on girls, keep your March goals in sight and keep going!!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote