Old 03-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #16  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

morning ladies

well, crisis averted - i got new shoes yesterday. OH and i went to the markets and i got the same pair in a different colour to what i had. when i got home i had a stern talking to lulu about no looking, sniffing or touching my shoes

just got some fantastic news! OH has been fighting for half custody of his two kids and finally has had a break. His ex has finally agreed to trial a week about residence with the kids which means they will come on friday and stay for a week until they go back to their mums. this will go on for about 3 months, until end of semester and then the kids will be counselled to see how they like it. it is such a long story and this has been going on for 3 years since OH's daughter told him she wanted to do the week about with him - his ex just stuck her heels in and wouldn't relent until now when they kids were specifically asked if what they wanted woo hoo! i am so happy for OH - i know he is stoked with this - finally a victory

stacy - good luck with hubby getting his stitches out. they weren't in that long? men are such babies when it comes to being sick

Megan - well done on your 5km! Great job!

Trns - feel better already sending really good vibes your way
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:02 PM   #17  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Thanks Daisy!
I'm surprised how good, minutes wise, i've done this month WITH this cold. I'm finally at the final stages of this darn cold. I'm thinking about possibly hitting the gym tonight.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:45 PM   #18  
Chuggin' along...

Hi ladies,

My it's quiet around here today. Let me just apologize for being so self-centered and ranting yesterday. I have been doing much better today, emotionally and food-wise. I was able to get in a great workout yesterday and sort of, hopefully got the point across to BF that I am not just available to him whenever suits him whim. I am eating great today and will go to the gym, but as of this morning I am up 5 lbs from before the weekend of debauchery! It must be a lot of sodium, right? I checked each day on fitday and even yesterday, when I got the calories back down to a 'maintenance' level, I had consumer 5000-7000 g of sodium each day for 3 days in a row. Eeek! So I will stay OP and in a few days the bloat will disappear. Hopefully.

Daisy, great news about OH's kids and the shoes!

NBK, welcome back (even though I wasn't here a year ago).

britomart, gl w/ using glycemic index.

trnsfrmnreplace, I love the imagery. Right now I'm imagining a stallion in the park in my town. Not actually a huge stretch since 30 miles down the beach someone offers horseback riding on the beach to tourists.

Jina, how was the interview? I'm sure you nailed it!

Jess, I hope your ankle is in top form soon. WTG losing weight even without the exercise!

Stacy, how did your weigh-in go today? Better than mine I hope.

ncola, I personally think eating habits are both genetic and learned behavior. I know I learned some bad ones from my parents (though I love them dearly), and if I look at extended family who I barely saw as a child there could be a genetic component too.

Hi to everyone else!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:38 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the conern Daisy Hubby is doing well. He had the stitches for 10 days and they took them out this morning. He said it didn't even hurt. I was suprised as I thought he'd come out whining and spend the rest of the day layed out with me being his personal assistant. Thank goodness for small miracles!

Megan, This morning when I got weighed it said about 198-199 so not tooo bad. I refuse to move my ticker though. Hopefully we both lose it quick! Drink up!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:34 AM   #20  
Chuggin' along...

Happy hump day everyone!

I am in such a super mood. After keeping it a typical sodium day (2700 g), drinking tons of water, keeping the calories down and eating clean, and getting in an excellent running workout at the gym yesterday, all of the bloat is gone. Weeeeeeeeee!!! I was actually 1/3-1/2 lb. below 140 this morning. It is such an awful mind trick if you know you've had a lot of salt - every time I say to myself "I couldn't possibly have put on X pounds in that many days. If 3500 calories is 1 pound, it just can't happen, I did keep track of calories and I didn't enough to gain that much." But there's always this irrational fear that wins out, since I know my body doesn't work like a 'normal' body. Does anyone else have these mind games running around in their head?

Stacy, I'm sure yours will come off too! Glad your husband's leg is feeling better!

Does anyone else find it hilarious that this is supposed to be a jig? It looks sorta like a constipated monkey to me. Hehehe.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:23 PM   #21  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Hey chickies. 154.5 this morning, lowest I've seen! Officially "normal" on the BMI scale. I went from obese to normal!!! I AM NORMAL! (well weight wise anyway)
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #22  

Good job LockItUp!

Ok it will be my first time back at the gym tonight since being sick all week!.... Cardio here i come. My throat is still a bit sore but the cough is almost all gone! Wooooo!

I can't believe i have only 965 minutes to get to my goal for the month.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:28 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Hey now, don't be making fun of my monkeys!

Trns, I think you gave your sickness to me! I woke up this morning with a horribly sore throat. On top of TOM.

Can I just fast forward the next few days
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:45 PM   #24  
Bahamas '06 or Bust!

S/C/G: 179/167.8/115

Uggghhh, I need a kick in the rear end. I have been off plan eating-wise for 2 weeks and I haven't exercised in a week.

I seriously need somebody to yell at me.

I changed my avatar pic...we got a new printer/scanner/copier/fax yesterday and I wanted to try it out. I found this funny pic of me when I was 4 or so...I'm in aerobics gear on my little pink exercise mat...LOL. I have no clue what I was doing but I thought it was kind of appropriate.
Isla_Bonita115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #25  

stacy - Aweeee. I'm sorry to hear that. I did yoga and stretching while i was sick. I recommend that.

Isla_Bonita115 - That photo is adorable! As for the yelling part... =yells at you= Common get up and DO IT!
Old 03-08-2006, 06:03 PM   #26  
Bahamas '06 or Bust!

S/C/G: 179/167.8/115

Thanks transfrm! I like your avatar pic too. It's very artsy. Love the B&W effect.

Thanks for yelling at me. Hmmm, that's something I never thought I'd say to somebody. I'm going on a 4 mile power walk this evening. No ifs, ands or buts about it...I just have to get back into it.

Hope everybody has a good Wednesday!
Isla_Bonita115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isla_Bonita115
Thanks transfrm! I like your avatar pic too. It's very artsy. Love the B&W effect.

Thanks for yelling at me. Hmmm, that's something I never thought I'd say to somebody. I'm going on a 4 mile power walk this evening. No ifs, ands or buts about it...I just have to get back into it.
Thank you. I took it myself. It's the photo nerd in me. I was working with lighting that day and decided to do black and white.

Yeah sometimes we all need a little push. Feel free to join in on the Monthly Challenge : http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77589 to keep on track. It helps a lot.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:39 PM   #28  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

So, my night got somewhat interrupted by A JOB OFFER!!! I got the call a little before 6pm, and I figured it was kinda after normal business hours, so I assumed it was just my sister calling my cell phone, but it was a woman calling to offer me the job I interviewed for last Monday...the one I actually really wanted! So, not only will I have a better job with a new group of people, but they are also starting me at $10,436 MORE than I make right now Sorry for the completely random off-ropic post, but I was just so excited that I had to come share!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:02 PM   #29  

Jillybean! That is an amazing pay increase! well done. This new job sounds great

Tonight I'm off to yoga. After scoring "poor" on my latest flexibility test I figure I should stop joking about being as flexible as a water cracker and do something about it! Mind you.. all it really means is that my hamstrings are tight. I am pretty flexible everywhere else. But still. THIS will be my motivation.
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:19 AM   #30  
Chuggin' along...

Good morning ladies!

Another great day yesterday. I had an excellent gym workout, and really good day food-wise at 1500 calories. I still had the munchies after dinner, but I actually stopped, thought about what I'm trying to accomplish (I'm trying to be totally clean Mon-Fri afternoon this week b/c my parents are coming to visit Friday night = food temptations at restaurants, desserts, etc.), and didn't eat. I thought "I'll have some hot tea instead." But then I went to clean the bathroom, do laundry, and otherwise prep for their visit and spent so long doing chores that I just got over my snacking urges without tea. Yes!

My parents will be here 4 1/2 days and I must admit I'm worried. They love food, enjoy desserts, and get into that 'indulgence' mode on vacation. When I asked for moderation at Christmas my request was blithely ignored. I live in the middle of nowhere and the few restaurants around me don't offer very good healthy options. My plan is to stock up on fruits, veggies, lunchmeat, to provide healthy breakfasts, lunches, and snacks, so a little (little!) treat at dinner will be ok. I'm also trying to plan activities where we'll move around - going out on the boat, kayaking, my mom loves to take their dog for long walks on the beach. Does anyone else have any success stories or tips for dealing w/ visitors who like to eat less healthily than you?

NBK, gl w/ yoga and increasing your flexibility! I could probably use some of that, too.

Jill, that is so great! Congratulations!!!

Isla_Bonita115, let me add my own <kick> too! Get your butt in gear or I'll send this guy after you! You can do it!

trnsfrmnreplace, how was the gym?

Stacy, I hope you get over this quickly.

Stephanie, that is SO AWESOME!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!

Hi everyone else. Have a great day!