Old 03-01-2006, 04:19 PM   #31  
Chuggin' along...

Hey ladies,

Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been busy busy this week. I'm excited that I finally lost a pound this week, which puts me at 140, back in my maintenance range. How long has it taken me to lose that stupid 9 pounds I put on at the end of the summer? 5 months? geeeeeeeez. But I'm happy to say I'm at 140 today because I'm back in my maintenance range exactly 1 year after reaching my goal weight. Despite that little re-gain I actually think I've been doing well maintaining a weight for a whole year. I'm still figuring things out and it's still hard, but I'm proud of myself. I actually have a pair of jeans that has fit me for the entire year. I don't know if that ever happened from about ages 10-20. How am I going to celebrate? That's right, going to the gym after work!

I met my February exercise goal and I'm going to keep March at the same, 1500 minutes, because my parents are coming to visit for a week. I'm going to try to plan active activities but will probably lose a little exercise then. And go out to eat - double whammy! I hope they're on one of their diet kicks right now, it will help me.

jillybean720, I hope you get the job!

trnsfrmnreplace, hope you feel better.

Gotta run but I should be around more for the rest of the week.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #32  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Spill - It's not been too cold (i.e. mid-30s to mid-40s) lately, and lots of rain but no snow. BUT it is supposed to be getting colder and thus maybe snowier (at night) within the next couple of days. But mostly I'd just expect rain. You definately won't be seeing no high 70s!

Jilly- keeping my fingers crossed for you about that job!

Megan - congrats on getting back to maintenance range - Awesome!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:23 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Good luck Jill!

Trns, I hope you feel better soon! I remember having bronchitus and it was soooo frustrating. Being sick sucks

Well hubby's doing pretty good. He whined like a baby over his tetanus shot but his leg is doing good. No infection and the bruising/redness is clearing up. He said the worst part now is just not being able to exercise. It's weird for me lifting weights without him. I feel so out of place by myself in that scary weight room

Good news is I'm down to 197! I'm not sure if I'm going to make my St Patrick's goal but if I keep going at this rate I'll be close.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:42 AM   #34  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Good job Stacey! and thank you.
I'm trying to get better, still coughing, but i think the worst has passed.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:54 AM   #35  

I just got over a big flu/sinus infection thing that I hated, and now I woke up with a sore throat. What is this? Why's my body attacking me?? Plus I showed a gain this morning for WI, but it's TOM so I'm not *too* concerned... Still! I'm writing an essay on fate and fatalism, it's starting to rub off on me... Why's the universe conspiring to keep me unhealthy?
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:51 PM   #36  
Living the Laguna life...

Congratulations, Megan! I can't wait to be a maintainer
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #37  

Ach! i couldn't sleep at all last night. Today i have a dry cough again. Did i go backwards?
=sighs= I guess no cardio for the week. Yoga it is.

I have to cough every 5 seconds! I'm going to have abs of steel after i'm done with whatever this may be!
Old 03-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #38  
Movin' and Losin'

Jill: Any news on the jobs? I think your good Monster vibes wore off onto me! I got contacted by a company through Monster today. Yay! It sounds like an interesting prospect, too. Let's hope...

trns: Hope you get to feeling better soon! That sounds awful.

Well, I'm off to the gym, a new gym, actually. My BF encouraged to switch to his gym, so I finally did. It makes sense because it's so much closer to home, but I was used to a gym with only women -- this one kind of scares me. I am excited, though, because they offer more classes, more often. I want to take advantage of that.

Hope you're all having a great day!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:53 PM   #39  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoggmartin
Jill: Any news on the jobs? I think your good Monster vibes wore off onto me! I got contacted by a company through Monster today. Yay! It sounds like an interesting prospect, too. Let's hope...
Haven't heard anything rom either of my interviews, but I got contacted AGAIN today (that's 5 companies in a week!), so we'll see what pans out...I REALLY want the one I interviewed for on Monday. I know it's still early, though, as she told me they were conducting interviews throughout the week. I did email the HR rep who initially contacted me, though, and gently asked if she knew when they might be making a decision
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:41 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsfrmnreplace
I have to cough every 5 seconds! I'm going to have abs of steel after i'm done with whatever this may be!
so THAT'S why my stomach felt so tight yesterday! I was wondering because I *knew* I hadn't worked the abs. I've been having that dry cough too..seems to be worse running outside so I've been sticking to shorter indoor workouts.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:51 PM   #41  

Liz - Hahaha.. with all this coughing i wouldn't be surprised if i had a six pack by the end of next week!
Old 03-03-2006, 08:55 AM   #42  
Chuggin' along...

Coughing. Hmm. Perhaps I should try that. My problem is the flab over the 6-pack, any remedies for that? Oh right, lose weight. My body is different at 139 now than it was at 139 a year ago - my waist is definitely sliightly bigger, judging front the good ol' pants-o-meter. I'd guess either my body has redistributed a little bit since I finished dropping weight, or going on birth control has changed how my body stores its weight. I'm also more muscular, I think, but that would make me smaller, not larger, at the same weight, so maybe I'm making it up. Hrmm. Bikini season starts in 1 month down here. Out, damn flab, out!

This weekend there is a southeast regional cookoff in my town. Saturday is a big party day, all day long. There is a 5k to start it off in the morning, which I hope I'll do, and BF is busy at the event so I'll have puppy duty and use that as a reason to go for some long walks. That's my plan to at least exercise before I start drinking. And I bought some light OJ to go with my vodka. Very sensible, don't you think?

Jill, I hope you hear good news soon!

Stacy, glad to hear hubby's doing better.

Anyone have any big plans this weekend?
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:10 AM   #43  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Friday!

Megan: I agree with what you said about your body looking better than it did a year ago at the same weight. I've been at the same weight for about a year now, but have increased my workouts with more cardio and more weights and I think my body looks better, even though the scale says the same thing. The way my body looks is much better, I wouldn't almost say better than ever. Just another reason to remember that the scale is over rated. Do you take measurments of your body? I've lost tons of inches.

lizz & transfrmr: I hope you both start feeling better soon! Having a cough is so annoying!

Jllybean: My aunt is looking for a new job, and I suggested to her to post her resume on monster. I thought of that after hearing all the hits you've been getting! Good Luck to you also! I hope you find a job you will really enjoy!

Jdogg: How is the new gym? I hope you enjoyed it.

No big plans this weekend, just getting ready for my trip I leave in five days! Woo Hoo, ya'll I haven't taken a vacation in forever, maybe it's been two years now. So, I'm really psyched, plus I've never been to Vegas or Boise!

PS, last night I rented the best movie...Domino! go rent it this weekend, and let me know what you think.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:17 PM   #44  
Movin' and Losin'

Spill: Ooh! Vacation! I think you'll love Vegas! I always have so much fun there.

Well, I liked the new gym. Of course, we went at night when we were two people out of about four there. I'm going to try it out this afternoon when it's busier to see what I think. But, it's much bigger and has more equipment than my old gym, so I think I'll end up really liking it.

I don't really have any plans this weekend -- just playing two softball games tonight. Other than that, nothing is planned, but I'm sure I'll find something fun to do.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:49 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Spill--we just watched Domino last week too. Definitely a messed-up movie visually and all that but very captivating. I think Keira Knightley is a great actress too but I wonder how much was based on the truth (it said loosely)

I don't think we have any major plans for the weekend, just hanging around. I have decided I should find a doctor just to have a regular check-up and physical since it's been years since I've been in (other than getting my annual at planned parenthood). And since apparently we'll be living here in TX for awhile I might as well find someone I like. Fun stuff, I know.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote