Old 02-27-2006, 05:50 PM   #16  

I finally met my exercise goal for Feb. yesterday... Well, I met my revised exercise goal. I originally planned for 1000 mins, but after getting the flu and being lazy a whole lot I re-evaluated and moved it to 600. At least I met that! This was my first month with an exercise goal. I'm starting to realize I feel better when I do at least a little bit of moving around every day -- whether it's intense cardio, yoga, or moderately fast walking for 30 mins. I kept thinking that if I wanted to exercise I'd have to make a big production of it and sweat for 90 mins and be exhausted for the next three days, but it doesn't have to be like that! Hopefully I'll make my March exercise goal of 1000 mins.

I ordered one of those walk away the pounds dvds people around here keep talking about... I hope I like it, because it's difficult to get walking in when it's still -10C outside, and I know winter won't be over for another month at least... I can't wait to move back to the US where it's warmer!!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:00 PM   #17  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Jdogg - I bet working at home is a real challenge for staying out of the kitchen - I know it would be for me! Yikes!

Stacey - sorry to hear about the hubby/bad weekend. You'll get through it unscathed it sounds like.

Spill - where in Idaho are you headed? (I go to school in the Northwestern panhandle).
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:15 PM   #18  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Morning ladies!

Well, i am not even tempted to step on that scale. i have a feeling i am not going to like what it wants to tell me so i am just going to avoid it this week.

our weekend was nothing eventful. OH's daughter and son came to stay with us for the weekend (they come every second weekend) and daughter has hurt her foot. apparently she rolled her ankle while walking and is now on crutches. the stupid thing is that her foot was so swollen - about twice the normal size - and she told us that the doctor her mother took her to said to not ice the foot or ankle. WTF?? needless to say, we put ice on it immediately and it was back to normal size the next morning. absolutely baffled that a doctor would advise that apparently she had an x-ray and there are no broken bones, but torn ligaments. personally i don't think that the x-ray would have been reliable due to the amount of swelling.

anyway, i ended up going and getting some movies for her to watch while elevating her foot for the weekend. school of rock and dukes of hazzard were in there. i must say even after watching it a trillion times - i still love jack black and the school of rock *where's the head banger emoticon?*

anyway, due to her injury we didn't venture out much and i ended up cooking choc chip cookies (and eating half of the uncooked batch) for the kids. i finished off the cookies last night

OH and i are on a major budget this week - actually there is no money, so our meals are less than inventive and there will be no lunch this week. we even ran out of milk this morning so no breakfast. i am getting sick of not being able to make proper meals - i love to cook. unfortunately other expenses are taking up our money at the moment.

on the plus side, i have reassessed my goals and my sig. going for a total of 40kg/88lbs loss by Christmas which will mean 4kg/8.8lbs loss per month. i think that is fairly realistic. do you think?

Congrats to all who have made your goals for Feb, both scale and non scale - you are all doing great

ETA - geez i can ramble on!

Last edited by Daisy Boo; 02-27-2006 at 08:22 PM.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:12 PM   #19  
L A D Y J A M E S

S/C/G: 265/236/180

Height: 5'9

- good luck for this week, angelE

- that cake sounds amazing, jillyB

- thank you so much megan! I am taking steps towards elimintaing ths stressors in my life right now, so I am hopeful this week will be better.

- congrats, stephanie!

- feel better, nicole

- congrats, jess! Go easy on your ankle.

- jina, is alcohol so high in calories? I drink fairly often (once a week) and I've never thought about it. Good luck with your step-class.

- stacy, hope your husband heals okay

- congrats, brito! It is nice to see someone else is having cold weather (although your temps are prolly a lot lower than ours).

As for me, I am writing off last week and taking this week one day at a time. I tried extra-hard to stay positive at work today, then I walked home and ate a whole salad with my dinner. Now, I want to reward myself with cake. But I am too full from eating real food! So rather than wait until I get hungry, I am going to go to bed and get a decent night's sleep.
ladyjames63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:49 AM   #20  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Ok where is TRNS???

Good morining everyone! Another day *sigh*. I can't wait until spring break (2 weeks), I already so burnt out on school!!!

Down to 157.5 this morning, that's 4 pounds since Friday morning!

Hope you all have a great day!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:00 AM   #21  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Whew, yesterday was an eating disaster! I sure paid for it, though--I felt sick to my stomach by bed time, so I drank a bottle o water and still felt crappy, so I had a can of ginger ale, and that settled my stomach enough for me to at least fall asleep. Major incentive not to eat that crazy again!

My interview, on the other hadn, went really well, I think. I should hear rom them within about a week--if not, I will contact them again to see what's up. I seemed to click with the girl who was interviewing me, though, which is always a plus. Turns out she actually lives like within walking distance of my apartment, so she mentioned how we could drive in together when it snowed and stuff--I'll take that as a good sign
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:28 AM   #22  

Where abouts in NoVa do you live, Jill, if you don't mind my asking? My "real" home is there (I'm at my school home right now). Just wondering if we're semi-annual neighbors

Stephanie -- I was wondering where she is as well. Hope everything's ok. And congrats on your loss, that low-carb thing has really helped you jumpstart your loss again!!

ladyjames -- I know, I get jealous of all these people in warm places right about now! Although I'd imagine MA is a bit warmer than here (to help with geography -- London ON is approx. at the same latitude as Buffalo NY, but closer to & slightly north of Detroit). It's -9C... about 16F... BRR!

Daisy -- 8.8 lbs/month can be done, but I think it's slightly unrealistic because I hear that it's harder and harder to lose weight as you go on... So maybe that'll work up until October, but it might slow down then. Just something to keep in mind. Good luck

Last day of Feb! How'd everyone fare with their goals?
Old 02-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #23  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Jenicra: I'm headed to Boise! We are road trippin' it, so it's a 30 hr drive from Dalls! Yikes...thank God for my IPOD, I think I'm going to download some audio books-kind of dorky, but it will help time pass.
PS. How cold is it in ID right now? Today it's going to be 78 here, and I have on flip flops!

britomart: My sis & other ladies in the family use the walking dvds and they all love them. ***try ordering them off of half.com, that way you can build up a nice little variety collection.

8 days til spring break for me! I can't wait to get away from work & school! AAAck!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:24 PM   #24  
Movin' and Losin'

Glad the interview went so well, Jill! For now, I'll have to live my job hunting vicariously through you.

Well, the step class I went to last night was intense! I'd never done a step class before, and wow! That is a serious workout. I sweat through everything I had on and was actually dripping sweat onto the step. My legs are definitely feeling it today, too. Some of the classes I've taken at the gym just don't feel like a big enough challenge for me, so that was a nice change of pace and a reality check -- I'm not in as good of shape as I sometimes think!

Unfortunately, my eating wasn't that great... That always makes me so mad on days when I really work out. I feel like all my work was a waste.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:15 PM   #25  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

brito--I live in Alexandria. I lived in Manassas for a year up until Jeff and I moved in tigether in October. I work in Chantilly and used to work at the Ruby Tuesday in Centreville--I'm all over the place!

Jina--live vicariously some more! I got contacted yet again today through Monster for a tech writing job working on marketing collateral--how PERFECT for me (since I minored in Marketing in college, and it's really my main interest)

I also got an email today from the HR rep who set up the interview I had this past Friday afternoon. The job pays more than I make now, but it's not what I would have applied for if I'd known exactly what it was upfront. In any case, the HR rep emailed me to ask me how I felt about the interview. Weird, but nice to have some follow-up, I guess. I responded but haven't heard anything else. I really have my fingers crossed for yesterday's interview, though...
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:43 PM   #26  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies, should we wait for TRNS or start a March Exercise thread our selves?
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 03:18 PM   #27  

Jill -- I see why you just say Northern VA as your location... you *are* all over the place! I also live in Alexandria (again, when I'm not here)... My dad also has a place in Amissville (in Rappahannock co, near Warrenton). Funny, we're all over the same places! And congrats on the new job prospect... Things just keep getting better!
Old 02-28-2006, 06:35 PM   #28  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

LockItUp - I'm here! =sighs= I've been bed ridden with the flu for the last few days. I thought i was going to die. Bleh. My temperature was up, i couldn't eat, i couldn't stop coughing which made my entire body tense up. My entire body hurts.

I didn't get to reach my goal due to sickness, and i was THIS close. but oh well.

I did start the March Fitness Challenge thread... so go sign up everyone!
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #29  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Ok, my March goals are now public to the world. I decided on 600 mins for the month which really is 20mins per day so I should hope to exceed it easily based on my breakdown (also in the goals section).

Glad to see you on the board Trns - feel better soon

britomart - congrats on meeting your exercise goal for feb. i am sure you will meet 1000 mins for March. i understand your comment on my goal becoming harder towards the end. i am fairly prepared for it, but will work at it to reach my goal, whenever that may be. honestly, it seems to far away to even think about struggling with the last 10kg when there are some 30kg to go before that
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #30  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Thanks Daisy!
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote