Old 02-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #1  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Default Question of the Day 2/10

It's baaaaaaaaaack!

Took a break yesterday so everyone could answer the "What I like about me" thread (great idea, btw)-- so here we go.

Question of the Day, Part IV: Another get-to-know-you question

Since we're all still relatively young, I think this question applies--

What do you want to do with your life? Career-wise, marriage-wise, child-wise, etc... what do you hope to achieve? How are you/how do you plan to go about getting there?
ncola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:46 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

That's far too complicated! My brain hurts thinking about it! But I will answer it anyway!

I am currently a designer, designing products for disabled people. My dream job would be a personal trainer, perhaps in a year or two when I get to goal and have saved some money I can re-train.

Marriage wise - it's planned for the end of this year hopefully. And I want it to be forever...

Child-wise I'd like one child, if any. We'll see what happens.

Also when I'm in my forties I'd like to move to the country, be self-supportive (ie little B&B or holiday cottage or something) and be able to kick back with some pets!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:49 AM   #3  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Well, in May of last year I graduated with my B.A, having double majored in English and Classics (the Greek and Roman kind). I didn't know (and I still don't completely know) what I wanted to do in the long-run, but now I think I'd like to teach.. secondary school English, and maybe Latin. So right now I'm looking into going back to school to get my Master of Education degree and teacher certification-- I plan to be back in school by Spring 2007, Fall 2007 at the latest. Then I'll teach, and then, who knows. I think I might eventually want to be a college professor, but we'll see how I like teaching first.

In other aspects of my life, I hope to eventually get married to my boyfriend. It'll be 3 years in April, and I love the poor guy. We're hoping to get engaged A.S.A.P, but right now he's just trying to save for a ring. So, hopefully within the next 3 years or so, I'll be married.

Kids... eventually. I'm 22 now, and I don't even want to start trying to have kids till I'm 27 or 28 at the earliest. Definitely want to have my career started and have a nice house before I try to bring any little people in the world.

Ok, so that's me. Who else?
ncola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:51 AM   #4  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Career-wise: currently a publicist & a writer. Hopefully I can be a freelancer with enough clients that i don't have to worry about money, or be a pretty high-management in a firm/agency.

Marriage/Child-wise: I'm not even on square 1 with either (in fact, I'm attending an anti-Valentine's event {a fun one with martinis like no tomorrow, not one of those with bitter people in black clothes} this Tuesday).... the thought hovers over my mind every now and then-but i really don't expect either to happen until the 30s (i'm 23 now)

Last edited by AquaWarlock; 02-10-2006 at 09:00 AM.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:07 AM   #5  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Career Wise - I hope to continue on with my Photography and pursue a career in Sports. I see myself working for a big paper, and getting to travel.

Marriage wise - well since I am already in a marriage ofcourse I would like to see it last forever and continue to be a great wife to my loving husband. I do need to work on being more domestic though. I feel like I do not have a handle on how to cook or keep my house clean. This is definitely something I need to work on.

Child Wise - none thank you. I love children don't get me wrong, I am just at a point in my life where I am too selfish to have one. I care to much about my career and what I want to be able to be a good mother at this time.

Self Wise - I would love to be able to look into a mirror and see a fit healthy person looking back. I would like the habits that I am trying to desperately to form to just come second nature. I would like to not have to work so hard mentally at becoming healthy and fit.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #6  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

Marriage wise- I got married oct 2004
Career wise- I want to eventually be a stay at home mom when we have children
Children- we want to have them in the next few years...i am only 21 so I still have a while to start having children
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:04 AM   #7  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Good question once again!!!

I wanna get my AAS to be a Dietetic Technician Registered and go on to become a Registered Dietitian. I ultimately want to have my own practice counseling families (especially ones with overweight and/or obese children of any age) on how to lose weight and change eating habits and realizing emotional ties to food and weight, and teach them how to shop, cook and eat. Since children alone have little power over changing eating habits I think it's important to get the whole family involved. I just become so sad when I see a child who is obese, has a hard time playing on the playground etc. I want to make sure that these children can over come their food issues and habits before becoming adults so it doesn't become a life long struggle. Although I would also like to counsel those who have had life long struggles!!!

I want to get married in August and I do want to have one or two kids, probably in my late 20's, like at 29 and 3 months, hahaha or even in my early 30's. Although sometimes I really go back and forth on the idea of having kids!!! I do want to move out of Arizona sometime too, to like Washington or Oregon.

Just for me: I want to run a marathon, compete in a fitness show and teach aerobis or Pilates classes at a gym in my spare time! I think that would be great!!!

That's my plan so far!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Career wise: Hmmm. What I WANT to do is be a primatologist. However it's not very practical. Especially if move back to Pittsburgh. I've finished my AA in Business and am holding off on my bachelor's until I know where we'll be living. Other options may be a personal trainer (someday!) or something with marketing/advertising.

Marraige: Already married. Over 3.5 years. 3.5 veeerrrryyy looooonnnggg yeeeaaarrrsss

Kids: None for me. At least I'm not planning on it. As stephie said I have no problems with kids and I love my neices and nephew, I just don't feel kids are right for me. I'm much more of an animal person. Several dogs, some guinea pigs, a couple rabbits. Those are my babies.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:40 AM   #9  
Bread is my Enemy.

career wise, im currently studying for my masters in sports management

long term to start a non profit for youths to teach them about sports business

marriage: getting married sept 1, 2007

child wise: my dfi always says "a football team", I say 2 or 3, I grew up as an only child and we both never knew our fathers, our parenting should be interesting.

Can't wait to get my "real" life in full swing though!
BrOOklyN ChIcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:26 PM   #10  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Career: To finish my BSc of Biology and become a secondary(high) school Biology Teacher, Move to america, get a Masters(part time) while becoming a good teacher that students can relate to, be able to understand what I teach and pass the work I set/exams/coursework and are able to see me if they need any help.

Marriage: hmm, prob gonna happen... someday
Child/ren: ditto
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #11  
Movin' and Losin'

Well, I have a degree in agricultural journalism, and I'm currently the managing editor of an agricultural magazine, so I'm technically doing exactly what I went to school for. Problem is, I don't like it. I started off school in pre-veterinary medicine and feel like I should have stuck it out. That's what I've always wanted to be since I was a little girl. So, recently I've been debating the idea of at least getting a veterinary technician degree. I love animals and think I could actually enjoy work if I worked with animals (or even plants). Decisions to be made...

As far as marriage... I got married young (21), and I'm divorced. It was a horrible, terrible marriage. But, I still believe in the idea of marriage. That being said, I'm not rushing to get married again. My BF and I have been together for a little over a year now, and I'm very happy with the way things are right now.

Kids... I debate this a lot. I can see myself never having kids. I like kids, but it's not a burning desire I've always had. On the other hand, I can see myself with a few kids as well. I'm not set on kids or no kids yet. Still time to decide and plan.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #12  
No more fat mama!

Career: Well I graduated w/a BS in ED in elementary ed and minor in early childhood, so know I am a teacher at our local head start (preschool). I would like to get into a school district and go back and get my masters in either directed teaching or reading.

marriage: married for 4 yrs now

Kids: just one. He is 4 and napping right now
bearcatmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:19 AM   #13  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Great question and i love all the answers i have seen. very motivating.

Career wise - i am currently working fulltime but have actually in the last 2 weeks started investigating a new business i want to create. i want to make home made botanicals and retail them. still have lots of planning, but that is what i want to do. something i am passionate about.

Marriage wise - marriage isn't really for me. i am not religious and i feel that 'marriage' as it is would be hypocrital of me. i love my partner of 3 years and want to commit myself to him and be the domestic goddess i know i am.

Children wise - i want a child. OH has two kids already from his previous marriage, but i do want to experience it for myself. oh, and she will be a girl

Self wise - like stephie i want to see a fit healthy person looking back at me in the mirror. i want to get out of bed each day with the same positivity and be proud of me and my family and live my life like i mean it.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:18 AM   #14  

Career-wise: I'm hoping to go to grad school next year for English Lit, and after that I'll decide if I want to do my PhD. My sort of modus operandi for the past four years has been that I want to be a professor/do research at a university (Renaissance lit is what turns my crank ). However, sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't be happier in the *real world*. Again, I'll make that decision when it comes time to look at PhD programs.

Marriage - I'm planning on getting married in a year or a year and a half... We haven't done much planning because it's his last year of a PhD program and my last year of my BA, so we're both quite busy. It'll happen though, that I know!

Kids - My fiance is almost 10 years older than I am, so I don't want to wait too long simply because I don't really want our kids to have a 70 year old father when they're 20. That's tough on the kids. I ultimately want 2, no more no less, and will probably start in two or three years -- then he and his brothers will all start having kids at the same time and they'll all be really close in age!

Ultimately I just want to make a good life for me and Leo (the fiance) and our kids... Live somewhere nice and not move around a lot (I moved LOTS as a kid)... Have a happy and fulfilling and healthy marriage. Basically I want to give my kids the childhood I didn't have!!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:47 PM   #15  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Career Wise - Well I got my BS in Business Admin. concentration in Human Resources a few years ago. I am currently working in recruiting for a great retail company that I love and have the opportunity to grow in! I think I'm right where I want to be in my career right now.

Marriage Wise - Well my boyfriend and I just celebrated our 3 year anniversary last week. We will get married when the time is right.

Child Wise - I don't want any children so I think I'm right on track with that I have a doggie and two bearded dragons and they are enough for me.

Self Wise - I would like to be a little more adventurous (sp?) and do things I normally wouldn't do. I am currently starting to do that already. I'm going to see bull riding tonight! Never in my life have I ever thought I would want to see it, but my BF did and I thought at least I can say I've seen bull ridging once in my life LOL

I want to keep my great friends that I have and make new ones.

I want to get to my goal weight this year and then maintain and be healthy.

I want to be the best I can be (I sound like a commercial).
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote