Old 01-17-2006, 06:00 PM   #46  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Wow, so many posts I can't keep up. Just wanted to say stayyyyy away from the evil vending machines

I wanted to go try the Latin Dance class last night but arrived at 8:25 PM, thinking the class started at 8:30, and low and behold everyone was already working up a sweat. It looks like the class started at 8. DUHHHH!! So I did an hour on the eliptical. Tonight I'm going to do an hour on the elliptical and then weights!!! Arrrggghhh. Since I joined the gym this month, this will be my first time doing weights. I hate them so much, but know I need to incorporate them in order to help me lose.

Also, this week TOM should be here so I'm feeling bloated Not going to weigh myself until after it's gone.

Well I'm really busy here at work so I must be going.

Good job to all you LOSERS out there! Keep up the good work!!!
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:43 PM   #47  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

I just went on a trail hike/walk with my dog and oh boy it felt good. It was only 30 minutes but it was getting dark and the last place i want to be is on a trail in the dark.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:07 AM   #48  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Default Down the drain :(

OK so first of all realize that I am aware that this really is my own fault. Not trying to list excuses just trying to vent. So DH and I were going on SB together right. Long story short it takes until Jan 16th to finally get a day where I followed the entire plan and really did well. The next day over our healthy lunch DH tell me he does not think he can stick to this rigid plan and wants to cheat every other day but with something small. My problem is my cheats are never something small. I am a feast or famine kind of girl. If I know I can cheat that day on something small I will do it early on (like around lunch time) and then finish out the rest of the day cheating. Yesterday it started with ice cream and ended with a 3 course chinese meal, garlic cheese bread and donut holes!
SO I know what you are saying - why don't I just follow SB and he can have his cheating diet right? Well first of all if it took me 16 days to get on track with it, I am not exactly able to follow it to a t on my own. Secondly although I am aiming to lose weight and tone up, I am really more concerned with being suppportive for my DH who has a more significant amount to lose and also some extreme health reasons behind the plan to lose that weight.
So the plan for me from now on is to be supportive of him and try and eat healthy. He is doing PH1 of south beach every other day, which I can do with him, but then cheating one meal every other day. I will allow myself to eat something no SB however I really can't cheat. My self control does not afford me thing. Then I guess I will have to do what a lot of you girls do...plan on making it up at the gym. Sorry about the rant...

paperclippy - I need to find myself a good vegetable soup recipe. I hate vegetables with a passion but I think if they were in a soup and not just like staring back at me from my plate they may be easier to eat.

Megan1982 - Great job on the 1.5 lbs and the two weeks at the gym.

Arian - I would say that unless I am watching it like 60% of my eating is just because I was bored. Like if I wanted to eat something and was only allowed to eat something healthy, I would pass on it...definitely not hungry, just bored and looking for food to put in my mouth.

You girls crack me up with your 'vending machine picnics.' I used to have a really good job in corporate america and let me tell you I was no different. Thank goodness my home does not have a vending machine lol!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:23 AM   #49  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephiewilliams
SO I know what you are saying - why don't I just follow SB and he can have his cheating diet right?
Actually, I was thinking, if SB is too strict, then why do it at all? I was also thinking, if you're both dieting, why do you have things like donut holes in your house?!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:55 AM   #50  
Lose that Baby Weight!

Thats the problem...it was cheat day so I went and bought all that crap with the intention of eating it...

DH has diabetes and cardiac problems so doctors said South Beach would really be the only diet they would recommend. He does not have to be on the diet for health reasons though.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:35 PM   #51  

Stephanie who is DH?

I am on Jenny Craig, which works for me because I cannot cook. As a college student it makes it really easy to not think about being healthy and just pop in a frozen meal. Today is my first meeting post winterbreak... they are going to yell at me! I was a very bad girl...
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:14 PM   #52  

HI ladies,

Stephanie, that is just weird! I'm sorry but I'm diabetic and my hubby has heart problems and they have Never told me that south beach is the only diet I could do. The fact he is cheating every other day doesn't help his sugars at all! Any diet you aren't going to follow, isn't the right one for you, i my opinion. You may just want to try a calorie counting diet. My hubby is a big guy (I'm talking needs to lose 150 pounds or so) and he's been doing really well on just calorie counting...just lay off the sugared foods so much and go for whole grains and salads more. He has just been on a 2400 calorie diet (which is a LOT of food still) and is losing 3 or 4 pounds a week. I think having him not feel like he's cheating if he's eating something sweet is the answer and then he won't be as proned to allow himself a "small cheat"...have a cookie with dinner is a LOT less likely to increase his sugars than eating a box of donut holes in one sitting because the protein from dinner balances out your sugars some so you aren't skyrocketing. Of course you really didn't ask me did you?? *smile* From calorie counting I"ve gone from 20 units of Lantus to 5 and I'm about to go off of insulin and just have meds because of my weight loss. Just a thought! Also, if you can get him to exercise that will GREATLY help his sugars...I'm not sure about exercise and his heart though so that's up to his doctor. IT has really helped mine and you feel a whole lot less tired when you exercise.

Paperclippy, how's the job hunt in Indy going? I wish I knew some places for you. We live way up north now so I'm not as familiar with central Indiana businesses anymore.

I'm so glad I don't have a vending machine here but I do have 2 small children who love sweets so it's hard to keep them out of my mouth when I'm bored during the day. I've decided to just buy things I don't like so that's working out some.
Not much going on with me. Still sitting above my pre-Christmas weight but at least I'm losing some now...I've gotten back on the exercise train. My stomach and hip measurements have gone down by 1/2 an inch so I'm not complaining. I just need to stop the snacking! I, like some of you, refuse to move that ticker until it goes down! I think my next Friday I should be able to do it as long as I dont' blow it this weekend.

Good luck this week ladies!

Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:24 PM   #53  
Lose that Baby Weight!

DH= Dear Husband

Yeah they recommended South Beach because it started out as a Cardiology Doctors recommendation to help with heart problems, and Pre Diabetes...the weight loss was just kind of a pleasant side effect. He says he will go work out with me, but his idea of working out is like 2 times a week going for 30 minutes. While this is more than he has been doing I doubt very much that it will make a huge difference weight wise for him. Calorie counting and portion control is lost on him, which is another plus of SB...you have a list of things you can and cannot eat and you don't really have to watch how much you eat because not many people OD on like cauliflower. Right now he eats Fast Food for 2 meals a day and we probably go to a restaurant for the rest of it. Even his plan to alternate one day on SB perfectly, one day just cheating one meal would be a vast improvement over what he is doing now.

Thanks for the comments everyone...I did not expect so many replies to my rant!
Old 01-18-2006, 04:36 PM   #54  

I have to agree with Amber -- any diet you're not going to stick to is not worth it. Then it's not really a diet..... it's just a funny way of eating which isn't a real change from what you do normally. But there are some people who like the challenege of something hard to stick to.... Really, go with whatever the doctor says and just try to support healthier eating choices

As for me, the stepped-in-a-gym-once-in-three-years girl, I'm going to an aquafit class this weekend... if I like it, they offer it every day so there's potential for regular exersize in my future. We'll see. I'm not a big workout fan but I know I need the exersize!

Hope everyone's having a happy wednesday!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:36 PM   #55  

I have to agree with Amber -- any diet you're not going to stick to is not worth it. Then it's not really a diet..... it's just a funny way of eating which isn't a real change from what you do normally. But there are some people who like the challenege of something hard to stick to.... Really, go with whatever the doctor says and just try to support healthier eating choices

As for me, the stepped-in-a-gym-once-in-three-years girl, I'm going to an aquafit class this weekend... if I like it, they offer it every day so there's potential for regular exersize in my future. We'll see. I'm not a big workout fan but I know I need the exersize!

Hope everyone's having a happy wednesday!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:53 PM   #56  

Well the results are in... I gained 6.5 pounds over winterbreak vacation!!!
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:30 PM   #57  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

What is that - one month? 6.5 lbs. in a month and over the holiday - it could be a lot worse. I bet some of it is water weight anyway, right?
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:55 PM   #58  

Hi everyone!
This morning I stepped on the scale...back up to 168!! What is with my crazy body? It IS kinda a drag to see that, but I am not that concerned, since I have been working out so well, I am guessing it just takes time to come off. I weighed myself a few hours earlier in the morning than I usually do and maybe I just had a bit of water weight on me.
I so didn't want to go to the gym today!!! But I did and I jogged 20 mins (snail's pace but who cares) without stopping once! My longest run is 3.5 miles around a lake...I still have a ways to go, but I hope by the time it warms up a bit I'll be ready...then soon I can try to sign up for a 1/2 marathon....yikes!!! I haven't eaten too well today, but it could be worse...I really craved Hardees today! I'll probably eat cereal and fruit for supper...and try to eat light things. Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:17 PM   #59  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Default fitness.

I didn't get to go hike earlier today, I'm still trying to get on an "early" schedule. I REALLY want to try do mornings. How do you do it girls?!

Well it is time to get my butt off this chair and go take a freezing cold night walk with my dog. I wish there weren't so many cars driving during the night here in my neighborhood. They never watch where they are going AND there are NO lights in the park! Can you believe that?

I hope all you enjoy your evening.

Pilatesgrl: 1602 minutes? you should be SO proud of yourself. Don't get discouraged, I'm sure its water weight plus gaining muscle.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:44 PM   #60  

That is what I am telling myself...
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote