Old 01-16-2006, 08:35 PM   #31  

Hey steph!!! Welcome!! Hope these forums help you as it has been helping me! Thanks for the note!! Good Luck!!
sunnybeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:45 PM   #32  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Wow, this chat is really movin! Just like us right?

Ok, I was home sick with a cold, but managed to feel good enough to get my butt to the gym...thanks to my bf. he's a good workout buddy-he keeps me motivated, now I feel a whole lot better, I think I sweated it all out.

Have a great week everyone!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:10 AM   #33  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

ooops.. i did start this thread on sunday didn't I... where did the days go?
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:27 AM   #34  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

What I learned this week: DON'T EAT CHEESECAKE RIGHT BEFORE BED!

BF and I went to Cheesecake Factory for our "cheat" meal of the week, and took home some cheesecake. It took me two days to finish a single slice! But I ate it at night, and I had the worst nightmares! Two nights in a row! It must have been because of the cheesecake, now it's gone and I slept just fine last night.

Hello to the new people!

Everything is going okay in maintenance-land over here. I've been watching my weight fluctuate throughout the week but it's keeping pretty steady (between 127-129). I haven't been counting my calories, just trying to not eat when I'm not hungry, and make healthy choices when I am hungry. I cooked up a big pot of vegetable soup (it's like eating salad, except it feels more like comfort food for these cold days!) so I've been eating that lately. Our gym was closed for MLK day so yesterday I did the "run around the couch and do jumping jacks" workout (no way was I going to go outside in that weather, it was like 15 degrees out!).

I am working on getting all my paperwork in so I can leave grad school with a masters degree after this semester. I've also started applying for jobs! So I know how those of you finishing up school feel, I am in the same boat! The biggest problem is that I am trying to find a job in Indianapolis and I'm still living in Providence!

Tomorrow I am going for a consultation with my wrist doctor. He might give me an injection or he might recommend that I have surgery. I'm kind of scared! I really need to get my wrists fixed before I graduate because there's no way I could hold down a full-time software job if I can only type for three hours a day.

Anyway, keep it moving ladies! Have any of you been watching the national body challenge on Discovery Health Channel? It's totally my favorite weight loss show! I disagree with some of their methods, but I really like how it's about eating healthy and exercising and they lose at a healthy rate (about 2lbs/week), not huge amounts each week like biggest loser.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:55 AM   #35  

hmmm this past weekend after eating a HUGE dinner to celebrate with my BF the last day of winter break we drove to cheesecake factory for dessert. it took u 2 days to finish a single slice? i took me about 2 minutes to finish my slice and then steal bites from him (that can't be a good sign).
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:56 AM   #36  

>.<

My goal this week is to learn portion control. I think I gained a pound or two. Oh well..more time at the gym, right?!

Welcome to the new people.

And hopefully grad school applications will go out tomorrow! Yay!
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:31 PM   #37  
Chuggin' along...

Hey ya'll,

Yay! I lost 1.5 pounds this week despite poor eating! Maybe it's lag time from the week before, when I ate really well and didn't lose anything. Or maybe it's from 2 full weeks of going to the gym. Anyway, hurrah! I did eat much better yesterday, I was back OP totally (and still am today).

When I decided I was "on maintenance" nearly a year ago I weighed 136. I've decided that I'd like to be at that weight for my one-year maintenance anniversary, March 1. Despite having struggled to get to that point, now I have a lot more temptation and less control over my eating environment. I thought I knew what challenging was back then!

When I was a little kid I didn't like cheesecake - one of the few sweets I would say no to. About 2 years ago I re-tried it after many years of just avoiding it, and I liked it. Now my current roommate makes excellent cheesecake, it's her specialty. I was better off thinking I hated it!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:18 PM   #38  

Ever have one of those slow days at work..not much going on..and you find yourself eating your way through the day cause you're bored?
Old 01-17-2006, 01:29 PM   #39  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arian
Ever have one of those slow days at work..not much going on..and you find yourself eating your way through the day cause you're bored?
For this exact reason, I don't keep any extra food at my desk, and I don't carry cash, so I can't go to the vending machine I happen to be insanely bored at work EVERY day (which is why I'm looking for a new job)
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:36 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720
For this exact reason, I don't keep any extra food at my desk, and I don't carry cash, so I can't go to the vending machine I happen to be insanely bored at work EVERY day (which is why I'm looking for a new job)
I try to bring cut up veggies and when I hit the vending machine, get things like Smart Pop popcorn.......but still >.<
Old 01-17-2006, 02:02 PM   #41  

The 4 pounds I lost yesterday turned out to be 2 today...but 2 is still good! I went to the gym and went beyond my 1500 minutes for the month! I felt lethargic, I am not sure why- maybe because it was the morning? Then my bf and I went to eat an all you can eat spaghetti lunch for 4.99...I ate maybe half my medium sized plate...I was so full!
Have a good day everyone!
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:01 PM   #42  

Hey guys, thought I'd drop in here too

Had an unfortunate experience today when the healthy lunch I had planned fell on the floor in the middle of class... #1 somewhat embarassing, #2 suddenly found myself without lunch! Sooo.... went to the vending machine.... you know the story from there It happens. I lost 2lbs last week, and today's my first day of a new week, so I have a whole 6 days to make up for that slip!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:08 PM   #43  

Dont worry about slip ups if you only keep it at a minimum (not every day) I slipped up and at Mcdonalds and the next morning it said I lost 4 lbs! So sometimes its ok
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:12 PM   #44  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

I'm bored at work also, and I just got back from the vending machine...I won't tell you what I got. Just because I don't want to start a long chain reaction of people getting up to go check out the vending machine.

Why did this happen? Because I woke up late and didn't pack my lunch and snacks! This will not happen again! GEEEZ!!!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:50 PM   #45  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Pilatesgrl - congrats!
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote