Old 10-27-2005, 08:07 PM   #1  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Default Weekend Challenge!

Well it's almost that time again...*cue scary music* THE WEEKEND!

And what's even worse about this weekend is that we will all want to be eating the candy we are saving for Halloween!

So, I thought that maybe we could eat set a personal goal for ourselves this weekend (Fri-Sun) and report back here each day.

As a collective goal, I think we should all agree not to eat any of the fun sized chocolate bars. (These Halloween icons are fun!)

My goals:
2 hours of exercise each day (I've got lots of free time and I might not make my october challenge goal otherwise)
Start writing down caloric intake each day again
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:27 PM   #2  
Living the Laguna life...

OH I am so in! Last weekend I totally blew the challenge, so I am going to be trying much harder this time around...if for no other reason than to be able to post here on monday and tell of my success! my goals are to NOT overeat AT ALL and choose healthy dishes when i am out to eat. last night i went out to eat and i had a cup of soup, a spinach salad, and shared dessert...i was pretty happy with those decisions because when i got home i wasnt full any more. oh here are my goals! to not over eat all weekend and to be hungry when i wake up. i know if i am hungry when i wake up then i did a good job choosing foods!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:25 PM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I'm in, I ate like a hog tonight!

My Goals:
Weight Training Friday
Cardio Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Try to control the food intake, good lord it seems like it's getting harder!
NO FUN SIZE CANDY BARS (because Fun Size = Eat 15 which = Fat thighs)
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:56 AM   #4  
Chuggin' along...

Ugh. The weekend. Ugh ugh ugh. My problems won't be candy, it'll be friends who want to go out drinking. (But I'm going to stay AWAY from candy anyway!) Limit alcohol to Saturday only. If drinking, eat less food to keep cals/day from going over goal! Exercise Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Weights Friday & Sunday. Make my light sweet potato soup and light chili as planned to feed my need for warm, comfort food. Stay under 2000 cal/day. Do not let BF cook for me with butter. Cook healthy foods (that he doesn't realize are healthy) for him instead. Sleep enough, as this will help me stick to the above resolutions. Good luck ladies.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:05 AM   #5  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Oooh yes the weekend...

I've got a kickboxing lesson tomorrow, so I'll be getting my exercise in! I'll be ok eating too, cos it's at 12.30, so I'll have to have breakfast before, then a snack straight after, which means that I can take a packed lunch. Then we'll see what we're up to in the evening as to whether or not I'll take my "free meal" of the week. However I've been having about 4 "free DAYS" recently!

So goals for the weekend - just stay away from the restaurant food and don't buy chocolate! Should be easy, just get my mindset sorted with my kickboxing lesson, then the rest should be plain sailing.

Goodluck everyone!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Definitely in for a nice little short term challenge. Candy won't be my problem we only get about 10 kids so we buy the full size stuff, easier to resist. And we usually get Snickers, DHs fav and I don't even like.

This weekend my prob will be alcohol because of our plans on Fri and Sat nights. My goal is to limit my alcohol so that I stay within my cal plan. Probably about 1-2 drinks each night.

Also get in 1 hr of circuit and at LEAST 1 hr cardio.
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:41 AM   #7  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

OMG-THANK YOU! FOR THINKING OF THIS!!!!

Hopefully this will help keep my butt in gear this wkend. I will work out tonight, tomm, anbd Sunday. Eating will be in moderation...Nothing crazy foodwise!

OK, good luck girls! WE CAN DO THIS! it's only 2 days!!!!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:40 PM   #8  
clean eating chick

Default Friday

Cereal & Milk 200
2 cupcakes (I already fell off the wagon!) 500
Burrito & veggies 300
Apple 50
Yet another cupcake 250
Cereal & Milk 200
Peanut Butter & Bun 300

Total calories: 1800

What a pathetically un-nutritious day.

Exercise goal: Met! 125 minutes

Last edited by yesitsmeagain; 10-29-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:33 PM   #9  

Default I'm IN!!!!

Definitly count me in.........
My mother has a basket of those chocolate candy bars on the coffee table and it's so easy to sit there and just eat and eat and eat them!!! I was SUPPOSED to go see my boyfriend in Cumberland, we broke up last night. So I will be home eating this weekend. I'm so happy I have something to keep me on track! I think I may even go to the gym this weekend (which is something I never do!!!)
periwinkle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:40 PM   #10  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

OMG mini kit kats in the living room, oh the temptation! I am going to something called "THE FEAR FARM" tonight, but I know I won't be drinking because my sister and brother and their respective "others" are going, and although I KNOW they drink, I would not drink around them and they wouldn't drink around me. So tonight I just have to make sure to not pig out and tomorrow I will have to watch the going out to dinner and drinks temptation. GOD! It seems like when ever October hits I go down hill!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:23 PM   #11  
Melting Butter

Thank Goodness I don't have to worry about Halloween! I have no kids (yay) and I don't do anything for Halloween anyway...
However a challenge is great.

I want to lose this one pound by the end of October so I can get to 155 and make my goal for November early...I like being a month ahead of my goal.

That's my only goal....for now of course.
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 02:14 PM   #12  
clean eating chick

Default Saturday

Cereal & Milk 200
Wheat Thins 100
Pita 400
Pudding 100
Total: 800

Exercise Goal: MET 125 minutes

Last edited by yesitsmeagain; 10-29-2005 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:53 AM   #13  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I'm making it ok! If I can stay away from, well I've only got healthy food in now, so I just have to do some stretching or some kind of activity and the day's a great one! I'm going to bake my protein muffins today too. I've just done an egg custard for my pudding!

I think I need more DVDs to watch while I'm stretching!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:58 PM   #14  
Living the Laguna life...

so how did everyone do on the challenge?
ok i am soooo confused. i THOUGHT i ate really well this weekend. i went out to eat twice and had a small salad both times that filled me up. my only "bad" meals were brunch on sunday (which wasnt even that bad -- 2 eggs and sausage..at least a lot of protein!) and two slices of pizza on sat night reeeallly late because i never had dinner. SO goal wise..i met my first goal of being hungry in the mornings. i was starving on both sat and sun morning! i even worked out for 2 hrs on sat b/c i was bored and waiting for my bf to be done working so we could go out. yet today i weighed in at 153.0, which is 3.5 pounds above my goal for this week and 3.5 pounds above what i weighed in on friday. i am sooooo confused!!!!!! i dont understand how most weekends i eat like sh*t and will put on maybe a pound or half pound, and this weekend i do really well and gain 3 and a half pounds!!!! sigh, weightloss is frustrating!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 01:02 PM   #15  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Friday I didn't make it to the gym, and let's not talk about what bad things I devoured also. What went wrong friday night? peer pressure from BF, he told me that if we worked out , took showers & got dressed again it would be late, so we just went and ate bad things instead...arghhhh! I have to be the bigger one I guess.

Saturday-worked out and ate well.
Sunday-worked out and ate good again (hopefully this will stick for this week also)

2 out of 3 aint' bad, better than usual I guess.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote