Old 10-11-2005, 09:21 PM   #1  
here I go again...

Red face Boring Chicken!?!?

Okay girls, I know this isn't a recipe forum, but I need suggestions. I baked a whole bag of chicken breasts on Sunday night, thinking I could eat them for the week. But after two days, I am so bored I have dipped chicken in salsa, and made wraps, but that's it. Perhaps I either have a short attention span or am just not being very creative ... What do you all do with chicken breasts??? I baked them with some garlic, so they're sort of seasoned... Any and all suggestions are welcome, and thank you in advance!!!

ab
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:55 PM   #2  
hara hachi bu

Add some taco seasoning and shred it for a taco salad, maybe make a chicken pasta salad or a chicken-salad sandwich spread, or put them with a marinara sauce, pasta, and melt some cheese over it. Maybe make a home-made chicken noodle or chicken and vegetable soup.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:37 PM   #3  

I usually use chicken breasts for stirfry, salads (with low fat ranch) or tacos with lettuce for wraps instead of tortillas just to name a few. I made a really good stir fry for dinner tonight. I got the recipe from this site. Check out some of the recipes there's some good ones. Good luck.
byebigbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 12:33 AM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I like to cut up a breast, add what veggies I have around into a can of chicken stock, very filling, you can make it to your taste and low cal!!! MMMmmmm good!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:19 AM   #5  
Melting Butter

I love to do the frozen veggies and chicken thing. Or you can make the chicken breasts and make a chicken spread in a salad (cut up chicken and add miracle whip, chives, spices, hardboiled egg). The chicken spread can also be put between bread for a sandwich.
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:18 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Chicken and turkeybacon or lowfat bacon in sandwiches

Chicken stir fry with noodles and soy sauce, chicken egg fried rice, just chicken in a sandwich, with lovely granary bread and low fat spread.

Chicken curry, chicken tikka, chicken and low cal pasta sauce. Chicken with cranberry jelly/sauce and roast veg and jacket potato.

I like chicken
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I like to shred it and fajitas or shred it and mix it into my veggie soup to make it heartier. I also mix up the seasoning, sometimes worshteshire and soy, some times chili lime. some times curry. chicken curry can be very good and low cal. I dont' know since you already cooked them if it would work but I think you could add them to all kinds of sauces to make a saucey chicken.
but you aren't the only one, chicken gets boreing.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:00 PM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I eat chicken ALL the time since I don't like turkey or beef or pork--chicken and ham are the only real meats I really like (I don't consider turkey sausage a real meat since it's not really in quite the same category, ya know?). I like to pour some spaghetti sauce and shredded cheese on it like a chicken parm without the breading on the chicken, make a stir-fry with veggies and pineapple and teryaki sauce, add small chunks of chicken to tomato (or other creamy-type) soup, and of course the wraps and salads--maybe try adding something different to your wraps and salads like different spreads/dressings and such to change it up a bit?
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

When I have a big bag of chicken breasts I will marinate them in Ziplock bags individually (and you can even freeze them) and take out just one when you need it. You can use FF italian dressing, basamic vinegar, salsa, etc. It works better for me than cooking them all at once because they tend to dry out near the end of the week. I know you've already cooked yours but maybe keep in mind another time...
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:04 PM   #10  

Big greek salad (spring mix salad, feta, balsamic, red onions and chicken)
Stir Fry (i keep stir fry veggies in my freezer at all times)
Barbeque Chicken (i usually make it in a crockpot, but you could just put sauce on)
Fajitas
Heat up with some 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup and wild rice (comfort food, but low fat)
Toss with spaghetti
Panini's (cut breast a in half so that you have two long, flat pieces, put on bread with tomato and fresh parmesian and maybe a basil leaf, sautee with a pan on top to squish it down. Kind of like a grilled cheese with chicken.)
Chicken Enchiladas

Mmmmm....Wish I wasn't making a roast tonight. Chicken sounds yummy tonight.
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 11:55 AM   #11  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720
add small chunks of chicken to tomato (or other creamy-type) soup
That sounds delicious ... I'm going to remember that and bring some to work for lunch next week.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 06:44 AM   #12  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

1. Toss them in salads, the dressing (preferably not a fat-laden one ) should enhance the flavor

2. Add them to soups for extra protein boost

3. Toss them with peppers and onions (and a little spice) to make chicken fajitas

4. mix with pasta and sauce (or even a low-fat mac 'n cheese)

5. throw into a crockpot with stew vegetables, a little bit of liquid (broth or a can of campbell's soup), and serve with hearty bread

6. re-bake it with vegetables and rice (and a little cheese or a low-fat cream soup) for a nice casserole

7. turn into a chicken salad (with low-fat mayo) and eat as sandwich or scoop atop salad.

hope that helps a lil. I personally like garlic a lot so I don't see anything wrong with the above suggestions--not sure how others would react tho
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 11:06 AM   #13  
All That's Left of Me

Put in a skillet on warm. Top with crispy bacon, mushroom slices, and green pepper slices. Finally, place a slice of mozzarella on top to keep everything in place. Serve when the mozzarella melts.
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 08:04 PM   #14  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Try a Baked Chicken and Vegetables type of recipe.
Cut up peppers, tomatoes, zuchinni, potatoes [if you eat them] and pre cooked chicken... and place them all in the oven to bake...

MmmMmm.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 08:51 PM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

I've made chicken burgers with left over chicken... I put the chicken in a food processor add an egg or eggwhites with some breadcrumbs and spices make a pattie and fry in a pan sprayed or with a tiny bit of oil... very good
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote