Old 10-04-2005, 04:52 PM   #1  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Question Water vs. Tea vs. Green Tea

1. Water vs. Tea vs. Green Tea? What is better for you and why?
2. Would you count tea as water intake since it's herbs and water?

trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:09 PM   #2  
Totally motivated!!

1. I can't answer you specifically on this because it seems like there is no clear cut answer. Personally, I like green tea so I drink it!

2. I *do* count the green tea as daily water intake. I found these wonderful Lipton green tea individual packs that you put in 16.9 ounce bottles of water and just shake. They have honey & lemon and mandarine & mango. It's really the only way that I can get my daily water.........the only time I like plain ice water is right after a good, hard workout!
gammagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:01 PM   #3  

Yeah i LOVE tea, being european an all i was raised on hot tea. Tea time anyone? haha.

I just wasn't sure the benefits of one over the other. Water vs. Tea. I usually just drink herbal hot tea because i think most of those other tea's that are cold at the market seem to have plenty of sugar and other things i would rather do without.

hmmm....
Old 10-04-2005, 06:10 PM   #4  

I LOVE green tea. My favorite brand is St. Dalfour because you can brew it to be VERY strong. I count my green tea as water because I don't add sugar to it...so it is calorie free. Green tea has a lot of antioxidants so it is beneficial...some people think it could help you lose weight, but I'm not so sure about that, but I know it has antixodiants that kill free radical cells. I think water is good because it is what your body is mostly made of.
Universityprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:51 AM   #5  

Thank you for the info!
I'll try out that tea sometime. Sounds GOOD.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:45 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Tea and Green Tea both tend to contain caffine. Herbal teas probably don't but I'm not sure!

In that case water is better for you, but I would count tea in with my water intake. There's still water in it! I drink a diluted "squash" drink that we have over here - i think in the US the equivalent is Kool-Aid but without the sugar - because I'm not too fond on just plain water and find I can't drink a lot of it.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote