Old 09-30-2005, 05:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/212.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Default New... frustrated

Hey all -
I am glad I found this website. I am totally frustrated. I have been gaining weight slowly over the past few months, it is has been little by little - but now I am full blown fat. I went from a size 7/8 three years ago (healthy) to a 10 a year later, then those jeans were tight so we found myself in a 12, not good, but no big deal I thought. I wrote them off as "bloat" jeans. Then a few months ago I couldn't get them on out of the dryer so I broke down and bought a 14 (!!!omgosh!!!). I have been wearing only the one pair (that I bought at Gap) and decided today that I with the weather as cool as it has been - Fall is here!!! - I needed another pair of jeans, so I went to Old Navy had to buy a size SIXTEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF??? How ever did I become a size 16!?!?!?!????? I just wanted to cry right there in the dressing room. I came home and met DH for lunch and told him I was going to join Weight Watchers, but he thinks I just need to get my butt to the gym. I guess he is right. Hopefully, with this website and some hard work I won't need to spend any extra money to loose these extra pounds!!
Well, that's my story!
AutumnJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 12:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/235/TBD

Height: 5'4

Hi Autumn,

My story is pretty similar, except with larger numbers... I was a 12 all through high school, and then over the past eight years it has crept up with me even notcing. I now wear a size 24.

Joining the gym is a great idea, but joining WW might not be a bad idea either. You will need to have some plan for your food, and a lot of people swear by WW. Personally I use FitDay to count my calories. Good luck at whatever you choose!
ElisabethCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 12:26 PM   #3  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi AutumnJoy! thank you for sharing your story and welcome!

Gosh, that story sounds so similiar to mine, Same thing, I thought I was just bloated, but I think now I was in major denial. I broke down one day in a dressing room crying because I was trying on really big jeans and they still didn't fit!!! That pi$$ed me off and I was off to do something about it. I've been trying to stay pi$$ed every since, it keeps me motivated and determined to take better care of my health.

I also use www.fitday.com to keep track of my calories. ITS FREE! and I workout at the gym at least 4-5 times a week, doing cardio and weights. It's a lot of work, but the results are worth it. Soon you can start having fun buying clothes again!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 12:57 PM   #4  
All That's Left of Me

Hi Autumn,

Welcome...You'll love it here, everyone is great! Well, we have different stories as to how we ended up fat, but I think everyone on here has a dressing room testimonial.

*Amanda sighs as she recalls all the times she has tried to choke back tears in various dressing rooms...going in to the room with an armload of clothes, full of hope...coming out arms empty, defeated.*

For general info, insiration, and good advice I recommend visiting http://www.hussman.org/fitness and just soak up everything you can from that website...it's good sound advice, and best of all the guy is genuine...not trying to sell you anything.

Stick around, and stick with your program...it'll come off!

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 12:59 PM   #5  
All That's Left of Me

Oh shoot, I guess maybe I wasn't supposed to post a link. I tried to go back and edit, but for some reason it won't let me...oh well, it's not like I was spamming or such.

Amanda
Old 10-01-2005, 01:04 PM   #6  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Amanda - those kinds of links are fine.

Hi Autumn - welcome! All the girls have already given you some great advice!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 06:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/212.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks all!!
AutumnJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 07:03 PM   #8  
Gotta Crawl B4 U Walk

Ok I have a few issues...can anyone tell me why I can get on the treadmill and the ski like machine thingie sweat like a horse and see no change or an increase in my weight? Also can anyone offer any tips tricks ideas as to how I can get remotivated to go back to the gym? Its been a little over a month since I've been. I used to go anywhere from 3 to 7 days a week anywhere from 1 hr to 1:45...help?! I am in a serious rut!!
Gigi_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 07:04 PM   #9  
Gotta Crawl B4 U Walk

...And how on EARTH do I loose this gut?! I hate looking like I'm 7 months pregnant when I'm not. Also my friends suggest that I get a breast reduction but I am fearful but maybe I will see a difference if I do...help....ouch....
Old 10-02-2005, 12:08 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi_Please
Ok I have a few issues...can anyone tell me why I can get on the treadmill and the ski like machine thingie sweat like a horse and see no change or an increase in my weight? Also can anyone offer any tips tricks ideas as to how I can get remotivated to go back to the gym? Its been a little over a month since I've been. I used to go anywhere from 3 to 7 days a week anywhere from 1 hr to 1:45...help?! I am in a serious rut!!
Gigi- what's your diet like? I went through the same thing as you for so long and became so frustrated, then realized I really needed to take a good hard look at my diet. It's true what they say, it's 80% of it. You can work out all you want, but until you make the changes in what you're eating you won't see a change on the scale. And the increase that you see is probably muscle you are gaining, which is great!
byebigbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 09:25 PM   #11  
Gotta Crawl B4 U Walk

Hi BBB...I am on the Atkins plan...get this I was on it then i strayed away from it but now im back on it but get this....i lost more weight on the atkins plan without working out. this time im trying to do the plan and work out sometimes i just feel that all the work si for naught and should do it as i did the first go round....oy...
Old 10-02-2005, 09:52 PM   #12  
All That's Left of Me

Gigi - I was the same way on Atkins. You lose more weight on it without exercising because your body is eating your muscle. When you exercise you stop the muscle loss...and therefore the massive weight loss.

Amanda
Old 10-02-2005, 10:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Good luck with your new plan! I just joined WW (and I have actually been really good about getting my butt to the gym for the past year or so) and I think it's really going to help. Sometimes it's good to be held accountable by someone else, but you can give it a try yourself first. Someone mentioned fitday, there is also a program called dietpower that a lot of people swear by. good luck!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:48 AM   #14  
Chuggin' along...

AutumnJoy, welcome, and good luck with your fitness goals! IMHO, working out is essential to weight loss and long-term maintenance. I used to do weight watchers with my mom, who was an official member, and always liked it b/c they encouraged weight loss healthily. You didn't post anything about your eating plan, but food is also a big component to weight loss. I would suggest you keep some sort of food journal so you can also see how much and what kinds of food you're eating, at the very least. I've found unless I write down every bite of food or drink that goes in my mouth, I can end up overeating by hundreds of calories a day without even realizing it.

I think everyone here has cried in more than a few dressing rooms. We can all relate. Welcome to 3fc and I hope you get the support here that you're looking for.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:57 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi_Please
Hi BBB...I am on the Atkins plan...get this I was on it then i strayed away from it but now im back on it but get this....i lost more weight on the atkins plan without working out. this time im trying to do the plan and work out sometimes i just feel that all the work si for naught and should do it as i did the first go round....oy...
You definetely need to keep working out. Once you build up enough muscle you'll start seeing the weight come off. Initially you may not see the scale change much, but you should notice the difference in how your clothes fit. IMHO it would be in your best interest like the others have said to keep exercising. You won't get permanent lasting results without it. You can do it!
byebigbutt is offline   Reply With Quote