Old 03-20-2005, 05:26 PM   #1  

Smile I'm New! Nearly 21, a student-too fat!

Hi everyone!
Im looking for a buddy who is similar age to me with a similar amount of weight t lose (68 lbs). I'd love to hear from people around the world, Im a good talker and a good listener. Most of all I need help keeping on track.

Please feel free to PM me and then we can get to know one another.

461sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 05:39 PM   #2  
But Want The Body Too!!

Sarah hi and Welcome to 3FC!!!! Im in the same boat as you, Im 24 years old and Id love to lost about 50 pounds all together.. But right now my goal is anything I can lose! Haha.. Id like to get under 200 by June 1.. I just recently dropped to 220 which is good for me.. My highest was 265.. But we're all here to support one another.. If you need any help with anything just let us know, we're all happy to help
Beautiful_Inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 05:54 PM   #3  

hi girls..
i am almost 22, a student too.. and i am new here too and i reeeeeeally sort of got lost on such a big forum until i bumped into this "twenty somethings".... well i just want to lose about 20 something pounds... but would u pleeeeeeeeeeeease take me in...
i desperately need diet buddies.. BOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO....
at least i am gonna be there for ur 1st 20 lbs
deeyala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 06:13 PM   #4  

deeyala i'm pretty much in the same boat as you...i wanna lose about 25 pounds.... can i join you guys?
greenmtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:35 PM   #5  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi there! I'm 22 and a grad student. I've got about 25 lbs left to lose, but I already lost about 30. Maybe we can all be diet buddies!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:07 PM   #6  

Talking

Hi Guys! Im so pleased that everyone has shown interest! Thanks!
Of course we can al be buddies together. Weight loss is hard and scary and I feel better already knowing that I have all these people waiting here to talk to. I've only been trying to stick to my diet for a day and I have been very good (honest) but it is hard. I think its harder until you start to see the results. Anyway, everytime I wanted to eat I came to my computer to see how well everyone has been doing and thought how great its going to be once I start losing some serious lb's!!

So how is everyone getting along? Keep at it!
Old 03-21-2005, 05:30 AM   #7  

so how is it going everyone???
well for me... same old same old...
i ve weighed myself a dozen times or so....
i ve this very strange idea : once i start dieting i immediately start to lose weight...! (what do u mean u never heard of that?) HAHAHA
i think u re supposed to physically lose weight once u mentally commit urself to a diet...
strange, things arent that un-complicated...
maybe i should glue my bathroom scales to my feet, this way i ll make sure i ll notice any little change the minute it happens
i just cant wait to lose all the weight.. HAHAHA
Old 03-21-2005, 12:51 PM   #8  
But Want The Body Too!!

Hi Everyone!!!!!
I hope everyone is having a great day so far today! I know that I am.. I know that if I could wake up 30 pounds lighter that Id be even happier.. LOL.. Wouldnt that be awesome? I mean if I could make a wish to wake up 30 pounds lighter, I would! God knows Ive actually done it, it just has never worked.. LOL.. The poster above mentioned something about weighing a dozen times.. Oh Ive got you beat! I swear everytime I walk into the bathroom, doesnt matter what its for, I step on the scale.. Its amazing how my weigh fluctuates during the day.. I tend to rely on the morning though, right after I wake up, go to the bathroom.. Step on the scale.. Yes I know that's a bad habit!!! But its part of my motivation also.. LOL..But there have been days that there has been like a 5 pound difference during the day.. But then I wake up the next day and its back to normal.. Or somewhat normal at least.. LOL.. I lost 3 pounds this past week, so Im sitting at 220 right now, Id like to get below that by Easter.. Id love to see 21# .. 218.. 219.. 217 would be awesome! Haha.. But we shall see..

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!! Keep it up ladies! Before you know it we're going to be where we want to be!!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 08:22 AM   #9  

where s everyone , guys..
so far today is going much better than yesterday....
even the scales are responding much better to me.. they gave me back the 3lbs i ve lost over the past two weeks... yaaaaaaaaay!
my official weighting day is the 25th.. and somehow i ll miraculously manage to lose 2 lbs by that time...
how is it going for u sarah???
so far i had macaroni with mushroom and mayo... and a diet coke... i know that doesnt sound like diet food, but i really cant digest fat-free diet food, so i just tend to shrink my meals... i cant imagine living without cheeze, mayo and butter... i love salad and would rather have it than any other main course (that is as long as it has any of the previos ingredients)..
i made an exercise program today.. it includes 20 minutes weight session and sit ups (especially designed for my belly..) he he he.. and if all went great then another 20 minutes of walking in the street .. ofcourse i d benefit more of a longer exercise.. but then i am VERY LAZY....
so how is going for everyone??/
Old 03-22-2005, 09:26 AM   #10  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I'm a little stuck on my scale. I got off the 160 plateau, but now I'm afraid I just hit another one at 156! Maybe I'm just eating too much. So far today all I had was a bowl of Special K with a few strawberries, and I've got my Lean Cuisine for lunch coming up in a couple hours. I'm getting hungry already though! I guess I should have brought a banana with me or something.

I'm starting to think I may have to do something drastic to have any hope of reaching my goal weight by this summer. I really just want to get down to the big 150 milestone (I haven't been under 150 since high school).

What's worse is that last week when I went to the doctor, her scale read my weight as 162! :-O I'm hoping that was just because it was a middle of the day fluctuation. How are you all doing?
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:58 PM   #11  

try to look at it this way... plateauing at 156 is better than plateauing at 160... and better still if u plateau at say 154...
it took u so long to gain all the weight paperclippy so u should give urself equal time to lose it.. and since u started on august.. then i say that s too much of an achievement... keep it up , girl... u re an inspiration...!
Old 03-23-2005, 06:44 PM   #12  

Hey all!

I'm 24 and *hopefully* starting a grad program this Summer, but I'm currently a Counselor at a University. I've got 70 more pounds to lose and in the same boat.

Today was a misstep for me... I went to lunch with coworkers at Applebee's and went completely wild on an appetizer platter. Easter is coming up this weekend which, of course, means more bad food. Good luck to everyone around the dinner table on Sunday and try to stay away from the Reese's Eggs (my personal favorite)!
pinkpolopony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 05:34 PM   #13  

Default So, How did Easter go?

Hey girls!
How was easter?

OK....I confess! I was naughty, I ate an egg! And bars of chocolate! And creme eggs!

Oh No! I'm really really bad! No wonder Im fat

Please tell me everyone else was good. I need some inspiration to set me back on track, please!
Old 03-28-2005, 06:03 PM   #14  
But Want The Body Too!!

Id love to say that I was good!!! Geez!!! My hubby to be sent me a HUGE package of Easter goodies!! BIG BOX!! LOL.. I had the creme eggs.. Some jellybeans.. A few pieces of chocolate.. Geez! Believe me, the scale definately didnt let me live it down this morning.. I didnt lose anything.. I didnt gain anything either, so that's a good thing.. But I feel horrible for giving in.. The entire box is sitting here in front of me now.. GEEZ!!! Ive got to put that in the closet! LOL
Old 03-29-2005, 03:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

No creme eggs for me but I did have a peanut butter egg and too many jellybeans. I've hidden the leftovers so we can take them when we go to the movies or something special but not just mindless munching all day.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote