Old 03-13-2005, 07:30 PM   #1  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Default Chat! 3/13-3/19

Tara brought up an intersting topic - reunions. Personally, I can't wait.
My DH is a year older than me and graduated fom the same school, so I'll probably be attending my first in about a year. I've lost weight since h.s. (well, I gained weight after h.s. and have lost that plus a lot more) and it's always fun to see people I haven't seen since then. Sometimes they don't even recognize me. When I was about 180-190, a lot of people told me I looked just like I did in 8th grade. I have never been as thin as I am now in my adult life. I remember being 140 in 4th grade (granted, I was at least 5'4" so I wasn't terribly overweight at that point) but I was just so much BIGGER than all the other girls, most of whom were 90 lbs. and hovering around 5' even. It just reminded me of how much I love to see people I haven't seen in a couple of years... anyone else relish in that "OHMIGOSH" moment when you encounter someone you haven't seen in a while?
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I love seeing the looks on people's faces that haven't seen you in awhile. Actually when I came back from college and ran into my uncle that I hadn't seen for a couple years he started talking to me thinking that I was my sister! When I clarified who I was, he was like...wow! We didn't have a 5-year high school reunion so probably at 10 years? Right now I'm living so far away from everyone up there they don't see all the changes I am making. Even better to surprise them haha.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 04:25 PM   #3  
Movin' and Losin'

It is a great feeling! I live far away from home (Kansas), so whenever I go home to visit friends and family, they are amazed at my progress. It's so fun to see the looks on their faces.

I'm not sure about a reunion... We didn't have a five-year reunion, and I'm not sure if I will go when we do have one. It might be fun just for the "WOW!" factor, though.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:11 AM   #4  
Niccole

yeah my hubby's reunion will be next year-- we went to the same school so I might go to that-- and I will be going to mine the year after that-- I hope that I just look fabulous and shock everyone!
Niccole2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 04:00 PM   #5  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hey Girls...Happy Hump Day!

I've been busy my man is home from Iraq! Just wanted to stop in and say Hi.

Not sure on the highschool thing, just really feel like that chapter is closed and not interested in seeing anyone, really don't care. Mmmhh, my ten year will be next year, I can't believe it's going to be ten years....that makes me feel old!

Yea, for you girls that want to go back. I think that is great! Just not for me.

Everyone have a great week!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 05:12 PM   #6  
PACKERS FAN!

I think it's funny that while some of you are looking forward to the "wow. it's been so long" moments, I'm dreading them, because I'm in the opposite situation as you. I think it's awesome how many of you are on the downward slope of it all. You've all made great progress! I'm the one who people are going to see and say whoa. what happend to you? (outloud or to themselves). I've gained about 40 pounds since high school.

The biggest thing for me though is just how unhealthy I feel. Yeah I wanna look great so I can get compliments and whatever, but I just hate the way I am crammed into my jeans today and how I'm so out of breath going up and down a flight of stairs. It's killing me (and litterally, could slowly be). I want to go back and see friends again, but I'm not so sure I want them to see me. That's why I gotta move. (Exercise not relocate. )
fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Excercise not relocate, that made me laugh. I agree with you Fuller. Even though I am losing weight I am way heavier then when I left high school where I was super athletic. Plus my sister (she is a few years younger) and I look a lot alike and she is still super skinny. I feel like there is a skinny version of me running around so everyone can compare the two of us and say, "Oh yeah you used to look that good too" Doesn't help that she managed to have a kid and doesn't look like it all. The B****!

SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:32 AM   #8  
2blessed2Bstressed

Hi Girls, Happy Friday! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Welcome Fuller!

Anyone have some intersting things going on this weekend?
Old 03-18-2005, 03:22 PM   #9  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

just dropping in to say hi...

hi!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

We are going to a barbecue on Saturday for my boyfriend's work and then to a CD release party in Abilene. I am planning on making a healthy version of lasagna for the potluck/BBQ and limiting myself to two drinks at the bar (either malibu and diet coke or amaretto and diet). What is everyone else up to?
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 10:28 PM   #11  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Okay, I'm responding to the high school and the weekend plans in this message . . .

Hi Fuller and Skinnyjeans, I know what you're talking about about gaining weight since high school. Lucky for me my ten-year isn't for another five years, so I have plenty of time to whip myself into shape (hopefully I will manage to maintain once I finish losing weight!). But since I was a freshman in high school I started gaining about ten pounds a year.

When I entered high school, I weighed 115 (and was a little bit shorter than I am now, but not much). When I graduated, I weighed 145 or so. When I graduated from college, I weighed 185! (This was after I had been 180, lost 30 lbs, and gained it back, all during college).

Anyway, now I am only about ten pounds from my weight at graduating high school. My goal weight is 130, which is I think in the top part of the weight range for my height (5'4"). I would really like to be 125 or 120, but I'm trying to be realistic. I'm not old, but I'm certainly not 14 anymore! :-D I would be really excited if I could get down to 130 before seeing people from high school again. Aside from the fact that I gained weight, I've made a whole lot of positive changes in my life since high school, so provided I can keep it up for another five years, I'm looking forward to my high school reunion.

Anyway, this weekend hasn't even started but is already CRAZY! :-) I'm a graduate student, and my department is having it's recruitment event for admitted PhD students. Somehow I managed to volunteer to be in charge of this whole thing, and the planning has been a nightmare! But it's finally happening, everyone got here safely, and I've been running around like crazy the past two days organizing stuff. Tomorrow I have to drive some people to the airport, but after this weekend I will be DONE! Yay!

I'm really excited about next weekend though, when I'm going to take a weekend trip to Philadelphia (I'm in Providence so the flight is about an hour, and really cheap) to visit a good friend of mine from college. I haven't been too lucky with making friends in Providence, so I'm really pumped up to see my friend!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:46 AM   #12  
2blessed2Bstressed

Hi Megan, I miss you, I hope everything is going well with you!