Old 12-08-2004, 11:51 AM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Weekly Chat 12/8-12/12

Hey guys,

Sounds like everyone is busy this week.

I had finals this week, and am done now w/ the sememster....whew, I'm glad it's over with..now I can really focus on some other things, like having fun.

to your girls on your finals...and you'll do great!!! You all seem like a smart bunch.

Anyone have any big plans for this week or for the weekend?
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:11 PM   #2  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

hey spill! i'm not busy, just too lazy to start my own chat thread!!!

yes yes, best of luck to everyone taking finals! i'm glad i am out of school!! haha! just kidding. but it is always a great weight lifted off of your shoulders when you finish your last exam, give the professor a dirty look (or a pleading look, whichever you prefer), and go home for the holidays.

can anyone think of a good gift to get my bosses for the holidays? so, alittle background: i work at a PR firm, there are only three of us total, me and my two bosses. They are married (to each other). They got me this really nice throw blanket from pottery barn when i moved into my new apartment, so i want to get them something nice as a thank you for the throw, thank you for my job, and happy holidays. plus, they are taking rob and i out to dinner next week. and they are rich so i feel like it has to be something classy. also, they are jewish so a nice ornament is out. thanks for any input! i am at a loss!!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:13 PM   #3  
Living the Laguna life...

Hey Tanny!
One good gift idea for a couple is simultaneous massages..a lot of spas in my area offer packages where you can come in and get a massage next to a friend/significant other...its cute and classy! I hope everyone's having a great day! i am down to 161 today...1.5 lbs in not even a week...i'm almost back to my lowest weight! my goal for christmas...to be into the 150s!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:40 PM   #4  

Miss Michelle! Congratulations. I really agree with the couples massage idea! I was going to suggest a nice plant in a pretty pot to go with their house.. but that seems kind of lame now.

Tonight at midnight, NZ is going smoke free in all workplaces including bars and night clubs.. it's going to be great to go out and not feel like you should have a shower before going to bed! Plus i think for me the reason i generally feel so seedy the next day is the stale smoke smell in my hair..so hopefully no more wasted sunday mornings!

I hope those who have had finals are going out to celebrate the end of the semester in some way..You deserve some fun after a few weeks of hiding inside over the books! I always had 7 or 8 end of year exams.. and whilst i was studying we would have perfect summer weather.. and seriously, it would start raining, the second i got out of my last one! and all my plans to go to the beach or the park would dissolve and i'd end up in the university bar..he he... but still..engineering students do have a reputation to uphold (no wonder i got so fat!)
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:34 AM   #5  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

I'm done with finals as of today as well! Yea! I think I'm going to go crash and stop thinking about cheesecake...
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:51 PM   #6  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hey girlies!!!

TannyMC: on a gift idea...take a look at www.redenvelope.com, they have neatest ideas for gifts, you can choose who you want to gift, or by interest and it gives you ideas. I have used them for gifting to people, and everybody just loves their stuff, they have a little of everything...

Miss Michelle: you are doing the damn thing...you go girl! I'm very proud of you!

NBC: it's smoke free here in Dallas, it seems that it is slowly catching on everywhere....I couldn't imagine eating a nice expensive meal, and someone next to me is puffing away. BTW, i did go out and celebrate last night, had some sushi...mucho yummy, and a couple of glasses of red wine

Jenicra: congrats on finishing up the semester! now go have some fun! (or get some SLEEP) :d

Everyone have a great rest of the day!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 02:14 PM   #7  
Megan

connecticut is also smoke free, as is new york. I really like it because I am allergic to smoke (as much as someone can be - it makes my glands swell and i feel icky). plus, yes, my hair and clothes would smell so bad when I'd get home from a bar. not so good for a girl who likes to wear jeans about 20 times before she washes them (haha i'm gross) - it would force me to have to wash them.

thanks for the gift ideas!! Another idea I had was a really pretty frame - does that sound like a good idea?

does anyone else like to read the books that they liked when they were 12? I love going back and reading my sweet valley high books. in fact, i ordered this book called (something like) "winter dreams, christmas love" from amazon that i used to LOVE when i was younger. i got it used for $2.00. I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO ARRIVE!!! lol. i'm such a freak.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:00 PM   #8  

Hey guys!
Congratulations to everyone for finishing finals...isn't leaving that last final the best feeling?? I will be done tomorrow, and I can't wait for it!! Mostly, I am excited about being able to 1) shower and 2) excercise without having a text book infront of me!!! One fun thing...what do yall want for christmas? i'm asking the bf for a mini ipod -- what a great workout accessory!
Old 12-09-2004, 04:25 PM   #9  
Megan

michelle - i am asking for the same thing! what color do you want? i like the blue.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:45 PM   #10  

For christmas?? All i want is great weather so I can go to the beach for a bbq! woo hoo.. seriously though, i want my mother to say I am looking good! She is like the biggest critic of my body shape... i think that could be one reason why i put off trying to lose weight for so long.. she gets competitive about things and the says stuff like "you shouldn't be eating that" or "I do this to lose..." but she's not intending to be mean...families.. you have to love them! But in terms of Goodies.. i would absolutely LOVE a new cell phone.. mine now only gets reception if I stand on three toes on my left foot, pat my head with my right hand in an anticlockwise fashion and hum baby one more time!

Megan! I so do love going back and reading books like that.I think I enjoy them more now as an adult than I did as a kid he he.. if I could find the baby sitters club that would be funny.. but the sweet valley twins and high series were great. and as for wearing jeans 20 times before washing.. gulp, i'm in that club too! My excuse is that is protects the colour. I am trying to get the BF out of his wear once, even for two hours and wash habit.. now he'll wear twice (with an airing out session in the dryer first of course!) before washing.. and he wonders why everything ends up so faded! lol..

Awesome to hear that some places in th states are smoke free too! I can't wait to go out tomorrow night (sat) and not feel like I need a gas mask to breath!

Have a great day guys
Tiff
Old 12-09-2004, 04:48 PM   #11  

ooh those light blue ipods are really cute! but we have a $50 limit on presents this year, we decided it's more fun to make a big deal out of birthdays, and just give something small and thoughtful on christmas and instead have more cash to spend doing fun summer stuff together. (but if it was winter for christmas, i suppose it would be different!)
Old 12-10-2004, 02:29 PM   #12  
Megan

NBK (Tiff) - boys smell worse than girls so they have to wash their clothes more! lol, kidding. but its funny how i will come home from the gym and rob will be like "you still smell good! why??" lol.

so, on a lower note, i am having a bad day. i got up this morning and felt really good and then i weighed myself (friday is my weigh in day) and of course, it still says 149. i should expect this, considering it took me 3 weeks to go from 150 to 149. i have been eating really good and exercising a ton. i understand that im losing body fat (i hope i am anyway), but i think i should be losing a pound a week at least! goodness gracious. of course, i still havent bought the measuring tape so i have no clue about the changes to my body otherwise (my fault, i know). its just discouraging because i've never eaten better. blah... but of course, its no excuse to not keep it up, in hopes that maybe something will change. anyone else going through this/ gone through this?
Old 12-11-2004, 04:06 PM   #13  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

I have finals this week coming up - I am not sure whether to be nervous or not.
I do have good news though! I have been away for awhile (away from the site and the scale) but I got on this morning and I am now 176.5 lbs which is 1 pound away from my 10% goal!!! Anyway, it inspired me to come on here and share and see how everyone else is doing. I feel like I have had my head so deep in a book that I forgot what the rest of the world looked like!! :P

Last edited by BrunetteChic_2000; 12-11-2004 at 04:12 PM.
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 04:35 PM   #14  

Happy Saturday everyone!
Today I had my "official" weigh in, and I was down to 159.5. Woo 150s!!!! I am glad I have somewhat found the drive I had back when I first started losing weight.
Tanny -- The past two summers I tried really hard to lose weight, but hit a plateau like you have...after really thinking about it, I saw places where little bits of calories were creeping in without me even realizing it -- maybe that happens to you too? you also might want to try some new things in your excercise routine, as your body burns less calories once it gets used to doing the same workouts every day. i hope this helps!!!
Old 12-12-2004, 09:53 AM   #15  
Megan

thanks michelle, although i do have good news. i had my body fat measured today, and I lost 3%! And the scale hasn't changed much. It makes me feel much better!! I am only 2% away from my initial body fat goal. whoooohoooo.

congrats to kj and michelle on your success... it is very motivating!!