Old 11-13-2004, 03:29 AM   #16  
I wanna look like this

Hi Cyndy!

The more the merrier!! Yeah, definately cool that ppl here are the same age. Even though everyone here at 3FC is in the same boat it's sometimes hard to relate much younger/older ppl. (no offence anyone)

Are you following any specific diet?

So talk to you soon I hope!

Kirsten
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 09:26 AM   #17  
Want to see less of me

S/C/G: 260/255/185

I know about finals .. I have just recently graduated and when exams came around .. I stressed like you all would not believe .. or maybe you would! I would snack and snack and snack ... damn school made me fat LOL heheh Stressful cramming is what I was famous for
Orangecupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 09:59 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 145/132/115

Height: 5'2.5

It is nice to see that I am not alone when I say that exams make me EAT. For some reason I thought I was a weirdo and no one else did that :-S hehe

Anyways, yesterday almost went well but then it all just went BAD. I wasn't supposed to eat anymore but then my mom asked me to help her cook so I ate dinner and then my sister brought home a box of chocolates, actually 2 boxes. Need I say more?

At least when I went to a coffee shop later (Starbucks) I only got a coffee and had nothing else.

I want to start trying only eating when I am hungry. I came across this website called Normal Eating and I am going to quote:

"If you're eating according to your hunger but not losing weight, try experimenting with eating to different degrees of satiation. You should already be familiar with the hunger/satiation scale. If you've been eating to a six (full) or a seven (slightly uncomfortable), try stopping at a five (neutral—no hunger and no feelings of food in your stomach).

I've found that it's necessary to eat to just a five in order to lose weight. If I eat more than this, even if it's just to a six (a pleasant feeling of fullness) I may maintain my weight, but I don't lose. I think this is because the body tends to try and maintain its weight, so you have to go just to the edge of undereating to push your body into letting go of the weight. This is especially true as you get close to your normal weight and weight loss slows. Eating to a "5" is the pattern that leads to weight loss."

This morning I waited until I was hungry to eat, about 1/2 to one hour after getting up. I had a bowl of bran cereal with a cut up banana in it, and was going to make eggs then stopped and thought, I am totally satisfied. It is really making me think before I eat.

Do you guys have a weigh in day? Should we all post on a certain day to say what our weights are, like once a week maybe?

Talk soon!
Cyndy
cyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:10 PM   #19  
I wanna look like this

Hey Cyndy

Yeah, that's the "danger" of in a home where you're the only one dieting! Same problem for me when I lived home and on top of that I was the only one who gained weight - ok so I ate more junk than the others but the rest of my family can eat whatever. I live with my sister now so our place is still not junk safe but at least she's more into the salty stuff so most of the time there's no candy and chocolate (unless I buy them!) A little now and then is ok but finishing the entire box..always happens for me.

Anyways, sounds like you've found a good plan only eating when you're hungry! That's definately a key factor to weight loss.

I usually weigh in on mondays. You? I don't know about Maat. I'm sure we can work something out.

Have to get back to my books, I have an exam coming up on thursday.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Talk tomorrow!

Kirsten
Old 11-15-2004, 04:29 AM   #20  
I wanna look like this

Hi guys!

The official weigh-in for me today. Drum rolls please...133,3 lbs (60,6 kg)!! It's not much considering SW was 139 many, many weeks ago but considering the overeating episodes I've had especially the recent 5-day orgy, I'm really pleased that the excess weight I put on is now gone. Finally things are going the right way!

I have to admit that my dieting last week wasn't optimal though. I've been on a low cal but most of them came from fruits. It wasn't intentionally, fruit was the only thing I really felt like eating and I'd have stuff that I normally consider no-noes when dieting (banana, persimmons etc) and as much as I felt like (normally max. 7 oz daily) So with a protin shake for breakfast, fruit for lunch and snacks and then regular dinner I was probably packing protein but I hope it hasn't done too much damage. I did have an off-day though which was Saturday with lots of ham and roasted chicken. I ate the skin - crispy and salty - an enjoyed every but of it!! I know I shouldn't but it was soo good!!

Exercise - been walking 1 hr in average everyday and have just started using my mini-stepper again. Only 15 minutes twice last week but it's a start. I'll try if I can do 15 everyday or at least 5 times/week.

Did you all have a nice weekend? Looking forward to hearing from you!

Kirsten
Old 11-15-2004, 02:42 PM   #21  

hey there!!
I weighed in yesterday: 133.5! 3.5 lbs down!! yeah yeah yeah yeah!! I'm now just like you kirsten congratulations kirsten for your loss!The test went ok, thank you for your positive thoughts !!
Last week I ate around 1300 cal a day and I even managed to eat well in the day I had the test! I'm so proud of me
I went to the mall with a friend, I had a really nice time even thoug I didn't buy anything but it made me feel like: ok I'm losing this weight and after that I would be a much more confident person and I'll buy what I want, lots of motivation here!
Hope everyone's doing ok!!!
Go girls, we can make it!!!

Kisses
Andreia

PS: I've bought a new scale. I can only weigh in on weekends because the scale is in my hometown (and I go there at weekends) but I can weigh on sunday and post on mondays with the rest of you. What do you all think?

Last edited by maat; 11-15-2004 at 02:45 PM.
maat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 07:56 AM   #22  

Hi ladies,

Kirsten and Maat - wow good for you!!! I am ecstatic for your loss. I am starting at around 139 lbs and am presently still here. I can't wait until I see the number you ladies are seeing.

I am going to go with the counting calories thing. I decided right now I need something a little more definite. Is that what you all do?

I am willing to go the distance with this -- I want it so bad you couldn't even believe it. I am trying to stay focused because with all the craziness right now in school I am getting super stressed.

I would like to post later on and tell you how I managed with the calories. Would that be okay? I think it will help keep me on track.

I was also thinking between meals if I get hungry I will only have fruit or vegetables.

Talk to you later, and I hope you are doing great!
Cyndy
Old 11-17-2004, 10:26 AM   #23  
mellbell491

S/C/G: 138/138/115

Height: 5'2

yea finals suck I agree. I'll be sitting there studying then when I get aggitated I'm like I'm hungry! Just so I dont have to study. It's a bad thing. Plus I work in a National Coney Island dont know if u have ever heard of it but it has chilli cheese fries, chilli dogs. I dont eat that stuff anymore though I use to alot. The only thing that gets me is the spinich pie and the pita bread. I'm so bad with the carbs. I think that is why I'm in a rut and not losing anything! Is I can't stay away from my carbs!

Anyways I'm 21 years old engaged i have no kids, I go to school and work full time. So my life is CRAZY sometimes!

I'm currently weighing in at 119 woo a frickin pound! I'd like to be at 105-110 somewhere around there I just need some motivation. My friends are all tiny things that eat wahtever they want whenever they want. My fiance is a big football lookin guy he's all about lifting weights and stuff, I'm thinking once my membership is up at the gym I'm at now I'll get one where he is he goes everyday besides the weekends, unless I'm working. But then he'd be there telling me "mel lets go to the gym". It'd be alittle push for me! I'm just tired of hating what I see, or eating then feeling upset about it. I'm leaving for Chicago this weekend..and the only place I can think of is THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY. I LOVE CHEESECAKE LOL...I'm going to try and do my best all this weekend when we go out to eat and everything. Plus I told my friends and fiance..we are walking..NO CABS!!!

Anyways if you need anyone to talk to I"m open. And everyone on this site is soo very nice!

Love
Mel
mellbell491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:21 PM   #24  

Hi Mel! I totally understand what you mean. You remind me of myself a few years ago when I weighed 120 and was dying to get to 110, it never happened and eventually I gained to 140 lbs. Never thought it would happen to me but it did! Anyways I am working to take it off now. How tall are you? I used to date a football player and like your fiance he was always at the gym!!! haha he had some BIG muscles lol. That is motivation

I did very well yesterday, counted my calories and stayed under 1500 and today so far is going very well. I am studying for a test tonight so I am going to make sure the pressure doesnt get to me and make me eat too much. That simply cannot happen, I am too ready to lose weight.

Oh yeah that reminds me, Mel, I don't think you have to worry so much about carbs, as long as you watch overall calorie intake because that is what matters in the end.

Anyways, I hope you are all doing very well and I will be back to tell you how the rest of my day goes!!
Old 11-17-2004, 03:27 PM   #25  
I wanna look like this

"yea finals suck I agree"

Tell me about it! After not getting enough sleep the past 3-4 days because of late night studying my head said stop yesterday. The only thing my brain was capable of was eating and watching tv. So that's what I did! I had a total of 3400 cal yesterday.At that time I didn't care and when I finally was able to read in the evening I almost thought it was worth it.

Was semi stressed today and ate too much at lunch and in the afternoon (mostly fruit) but I was able to hold back at dinner so about 1400 cal. Walked a little extra today. Tired, have a headache, time to go to bed soon though I should take a final look on my notes. My exam is tomorrow...The last one is next Thursday. 8 more days in the danger zone...

Cyndy - thumbs up! And Mel - welcome!
Old 11-18-2004, 07:19 AM   #26  

Hey there buddies!
i've behaving well this last days, ate around 1350-1400 cal. I'm really motivated and I'm starting to see some results (small ones but still)
I'm really stressed out. Hughe fight with dear bf in the last couple of days and for a change I still continued to eat well and less. Usually I eat the whole world when I'm nervous or sad. I even had a big urge to eat chips and chocolats last night because of my sadness but instead I read a book "the new diary of bridget jones", funny. I'm feeling a bit sad today as I don't know what would happen with us. we love each other but there's lots of extra pressure: the university, his parents, our few time together (once a week generally). We have been together for more than 3 years now and even did the long distance thing for a year. I'm so scared...don't even feel like eating today (that's bad with me, I always have hunger). Well I'm going to lunch with a friend, maybe that would help my depression.
Hope everyone's doing good, I wanna see some loss girls!!!!

hurray 20 buddies!

kisses

Ps: good luck for the exams kirsten!!

Last edited by maat; 11-18-2004 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:56 AM   #27  

Maat, I am sorry to hear of your problems with the bf. I totally understand and have been there myself a few times. Hang in there, and I hope things get much better for you two.

I am on Day 3 of my good eating streak. Mind you, its only the morning and I have an economics test this afternoon so I have to go study but thought I would report in and say hi. Yesterday I managed 1420 calories which I was very happy with. Gearing for about that today. I don't mean to whine, but I am so sick of this extra weight right now, I just want to jump ahead 7 weeks to when I will be down some pounds. I am assuming I am still at my starting weight but weighing in on Monday and we will see how that goes.

Well, wishing you all a wonderful day
Old 11-18-2004, 12:07 PM   #28  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Snow White: Good luck on your exams!

Maat: stay strong! Sometimes when you get the urge to comfort with food, go take a walk. You can clear your mind, and at the same time do something positive for yourself. Although, cookies sometimes work better...darn those!!!

Cyndy...economics??? ugh, much luck to you on your exam!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 12:21 PM   #29  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

just dropped in to say hi 22 year old guy from the uk and i'm off to uni next september i've managed to stay at around 110kg (252lb) for a couple of months but my big problem is i'm a bit of a beer monster. and well when i drink i get the munchies its like i can eat non stop and never fill up spicy potatoes. curry. the compulsary kebab. more beer then i get home at about 4am and there is the fried bacon eggs and sausages. and then again when i get up lots of greasy food to cure the hang over. i know the states doesn't really have the kind of drinking culture we do so it might be a bit of a shock lol but even if i go and drink orange juice everyone else buys food and well its to tempting
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 10:15 AM   #30  

hey there! I've just found out I lost 2 pounds, now I'm 131. not bad! As for the bf, things still bad.What can I do? I'm just controlling myself not to go speak with him, he's in a bad phase: tests and projects.Besides, today is the deadline to his last project so I suppose we'll talk tomorrow. How's everyone doing? I was eating really good but today's lunch was a bit bad.Small dinner for me today. I'm readind Da Vinci's code, it's an amazing book. Talk to you later.

kisses
andreia