Old 03-15-2004, 03:21 AM   #1  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Default Weekly Chatting Thread 3/14-3/20

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I ate too much junk, not enough veggies, but still stayed on plan... making today Day 25 on plan. Yikes. And now it's ta-da! Finals Week. Usually easy in comparison to Dead Week, for me, anyways. Two regular exams and one "midterm" - no official final so I'm not too worried. And the weather is still beautiful! Saw Secondhand Lions this evening... pretty cute/good. There were some weak dialogue moments, but really a very good film, especially considering it's PG rating, which is not something I would normally pickup. I think it's kind of a kids movie. Anyone else seen anything good lately?
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:04 AM   #2  

Good morning, ladies! I hope ya'll had a great weekend. DH & I had a fabulous, relaxing weekend...but food-wise for me it was not so good. I'm all re-focused now, got things straight with God, etc, so I'm ready for a great week ahead! Sometimes we just need to get that focus back again--that's what I had to do. I'm ready to TAKE OFF these last 22 lbs.! If I can do 70...I can do 22 more. Victory will be mine!
I actually didn't even weigh on Saturday, which is something I've never done before. I feel confident, though, that next Saturday when I weigh, it'll be good news. Enough about that!
DH & I had such a great weekend--a picnic lunch on Saturday, then Sat. night a date at a new coffeehouse that had live music (jazz/blues). I know these are things we need to appreciate NOW, because when we move to rural S.D., they won't be nearly as accessible! Yesterday we took the day as a "mini-vacation" and headed over to Clemson (DH's alma mater) instead of to church. It was just what we needed--recorded some memories on the video camera for posterity, etc....thought we better do that before we move. Our budget is about to change drastically, and we don't anticipate getting to travel back here that often! So, we're making the most of the time we have here now.
Have a wonderful Monday, ladies! Make it a great day. (-;
Jen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

just a quick post from me - i'm on day 25 today but i hate that i haven't been able to work out for almost a week. since the accident. i really messed up my back, lots of pain. i have cooking class tonight, but tomorrow after work i'm going to the Y to see what i can handle.

i have to bug my insurance today, because we found a new car that we want to buy and we put a deposit on it but it can't hold forever. wish us luck!
gonzostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:14 AM   #4  
Big-time loser

Jen - your Saturday date sounds wonderful! And you're right - you've lost 70, why in the world couldn't you lose 22 more?
Holly - Glad to hear you found a car - I'm sure it'll work out. Good luck at the gym - maybe you'd be able to swim? Since your back hurts, maybe you could get a board and just kick instead of using your arms. It's something. Good luck getting back into it and good luck on Day 25! I'm still going strong too!
Old 03-15-2004, 11:57 AM   #5  

Hey girls! Good to hear of good weekends so far. I ate out twice this weekend, but did very well! We had a great and unusual weekend going out for a change. Friday we went out for dinner and drinks with neighbors we recently met. Our dogs enjoy playing together. Saturday we went to Hidalgo with a coworker and his wife and then played raquetball and basketball for about 3 hours and went to dinner. Hidalgo is very good. It's based on a true story about a cowboy and his horse Hidalgo he rides in cross country races. I'd love to see a History Channel story on the real story and see how real the movie is. Raquetball is such a blast. It's fairly easy as for rules and what not. Hand-eye coordination is a good thing to have (Unfortunately I haven't been over-gifted in that department, but it's still a lot of fun.) It's really good exercise too!! My glutes are still on fire!!! Well, I hope you all have a wonderful start to your week!
deeloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Holly..you ever been to a chiropractor? I was having serious back pain and I bit the bullet and tried a chiro and I am sold. We don't have insurance so it was out of pocket 25$..but since I am now pain free I consider it well spent.
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:21 PM   #7  
Divine Gal

Weekend was kinda slow for me.I was resting most of it.As for eating; I dipped into flexpoints alot but I still have some left over and my new week starts tomorrow...
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:37 PM   #8  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi all!

Gonzo: Good luck on the whole ins. thing, I hope it works out in your favor. Be careful with your back, usually w/ an injury the best thing to do is just let your body rest....take it from me I had serious back injury last year...best thing was rest, even though it killed me to miss the gym, had to make up for it with really watching what I ate until I recovered fully enough to work out again.

Jdogg: Thanks for asking, date #2 rocked my little world. He's older, has his own biz, so can afford to show a girl a good time, I was very impressed and he is a really great guy! Date #3 on Friday..yipeee!!!!

Well, its back to the grind...everyone I hope your week goes well! Happy Monday!!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:50 PM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Jenicra: You have such a wonderful attitude! You inspire me!

Jen: Glad you had such a great weekend!

Holly: Hope your back gets to feeling better.

Dee: It sounds like you had a great weekend, too!

Lynnie: I'm with you -- my weekend was pretty slow.

Spill: Glad to hear the date went so well. It always a good sign when a guy can rock your world! Hope date #3 goes fabulous, too! This guy sounds like a keeper.

My weekend was pretty boring. I did get some shopping in, though. Lots of stores are having good sales now. Dillard's had 75 percent off of their winter clothes! I also got some great deals and some really cute stuff at Old Navy. I got four shirts, two pairs of sandals and a purse for $60. I'm really tight with money, so I kind of surprised myself with my little splurge. It's probably not even a splurge to most people, though! But, it's so fun to be able to buy cute clothes and know they'll look good on. The more weight I lose, the more fun shopping becomes. Yikes! I could have a shopping habbit to kick after I get finished losing this weight!

I did pretty well with eating this weekend. I stayed right on plan, but I did eat more than I would have liked. I've been getting exercise in, but it's the same (walking with little bits of jogging) every day. I need to add some variety to my routine, I think! Not that I'm getting tired of walking -- I love it, and I love being able to get outside, but I could definitely handle some strength training. I just have the hardest time making myself do weights... or any form of strength training for that matter.

It's going to be a busy week at work -- lots to do and an all-day meeting on Wednesday. Next week, my dad is coming to visit and go to spring training games -- I can't wait, so I hope this week doesn't inch along.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:53 PM   #10  

Hi. I decided to quit lurking and ask to join. I usually post on the South Beach Diet board, but I've been trying to find some people more my age (23). Its nice to read about other people in school stressing out too. I'm only part-time but I'm working on my real estate license right now as well as my BA. I just wanted to say hi.
South Dakota Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 06:33 PM   #11  

Hi Meredith! Welcome, from a fellow South Dakota Chick! (-; Well, I live in South Carolina right now, but I was born & raised in the Sisseton area (northeastern SD), and my DH & I plan to move back there this June! I was so excited when I saw your name--not a whole lot of South Dakotans on here, ya know. (-; Anyway, just wanted to welcome you. Hope to see more of you around the board!
Jen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 06:50 PM   #12  
Big-time loser

Welcome Meredith! (BTW, I love that name!)
Jina - you're so sweet! EVERYONE here is inspiring! And after all the work you've been doing, you deserve a little *splurge* - I did that a couple of weeks ago too. Actually, the jeans that I bought two weeks ago are already a little loose - but wearable for at least another 25 lbs. - Heck, I made my 22s last until I was wearing a 16 - I can do this too!
Old 03-15-2004, 08:15 PM   #13  
Divine Gal

Welcome Meredith!!!
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

guess what guys? i was missing exercise (what?? am i sick??) so since i went home a little early i squeezed in a workout before cooking class! i feel so awesome and proud. =)

btw, i *did* see a chiropractor for the first time in my life on friday and it helped... but i need more than one appointment. i see him again on wednesday.

welcome merideth! jump right in!

do any of you like to read weight loss blogs? i love reading them, seeing pictures, etc. anyways, there's this cool "portal" thing a blogger made that lists all sorts of blogs and seperates them into categories (ww, atkins, low calorie, 12 step, south beach, etc) so you can find ones that you can relate to. i think it's awesome and you should check it out. and if you have your own site, stick it on there!

here's the link:

happy monday!
gonzostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:25 PM   #15  
it's the getting up

finals week. ahhh, the pain, the agony. what am I complaining about I only really have one final this week, everything else is just papers and projects. but it never fails this week still sucks regardless of how many you have. my neighbors must be done because everyone's already outside partying and bbq'ing and it's only 10:30 a.m. here. what is wrong with these people, I think the sudden shift in weather is starting to excite people, I know the sun is starting to effect my brain! have a great tuesday y'all!
sunseeker_ak is offline   Reply With Quote