Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 05:25 PM   #1  
Hoping for Success

Talking talk about interests...hobbies

I think it is great that we all have weightloss goals and we can come together like this... It is also funny because I am sure many of us have such different interests and in "real" life we might not even get along!! I thought maybe we could share our interests....This may have been done before but new users can now share.

I am 23 years old and although I am married and feel alot older than my friends we still listen to punk/rock/indie music and go to shows.
I love animals (I have two cats and a bunny)
I have a biology degree, so I love science, but I am not a science nerd.

there is so much I am interested in.....but I will see if anyone else wants to share..

http://www.geocities.com/carolyntagmire
Old 08-07-2003, 07:07 PM   #2  
12 pounds lost in 2006

I have many hobbies, but lately I haven't had much time to do them. It's funny how I graduated college and thought I would have tons of spare time but I seem to have less time. So here are my interests that I hope to do more of soon:

~Reading - James Patterson is my favorite author and I'm almost 3/4 of the way done with "The Jester." He came out with lots of books last year and this year that I need to catch up. Ooh I love a good murder mystery

~Hiking - Haven't done much of this but everytime I go I love it. It's good to see nature and all its beauty.

~Scrapbooking - Haven't done this in a long time but I love it and once I get setteled into the new place will try and start this up again.

~Blading - Great exercise and lots of fun. The wind in your face and no cares in the world

~Movies - My bf and I go to the theatre and rent lots of movies. I love snuggling on the bed eating popcorn watching a good flick.

~Swimming - Another great workout and lots of fun all around.

I'm sure I have more but can't think of them right now
Old 08-08-2003, 11:04 AM   #3  
comeback member

Good thread Carolyn!

I guess one of my hobbies USED to be eating...*giggle* But now it's over!!! Well...you know what I mean...I still have to eat!

Seriously, I have a lot of hobbies and there's also a lot of new things that I would like to start doing.

Movies---I watch everything, even if it is a silly chickie movie...

TV---After a hard day teaching, nothing better that to cuddle up on the couch with my sweetie...

Reading---French novels since I'm french!

Painting---Well..if you can call it painting! Let's say I just like playing with colours!

Writing---I write an article for a magazine every month...

Singing----I took singing classes for 3 years but had to stop because I moved. Would love to take some classes again.

Animals---I have a dog and a cat that I adore. I had to leave them at my parent's house when I moved because the fiancé is allergic!!!!

Powerwalking and jogging---Not really a hobby uh? Obligation
maybe!

OHHHHH! and shopping!!!!!!!! Must be my favorite hobby!!!!!

Let'keep this thread rolling!

Sacha
Old 08-08-2003, 11:06 AM   #4  

Oh...Mine are all over the board...

Me and my husband are into the Rockabilly lifestyle...The greased hair, the cuffed jeans, the cat's eye glasses. We love the music, the art and OF COURSE the cars!!! I spend most of my time in the garage or at car shows!!

I also crochet a lot, scrapbook...I love crafts. And baking is a passion for me (hence the need for the weight loss :-)

I have a degree in Graphic Design and love the Arts...Espically our favorite artist, Shag...

This was a great thread...it's interesting to hear what everyone is into!!
Old 08-08-2003, 12:46 PM   #5  

Okie.. here are my hobbies:

- Computer programming.. its not only my career but a hobby.. I enjoy it a lot.
- Pottery - I hope to dedicate more time to this someday.. like own my own wheel and kiln.
- Movies - I do like chick flicks and science fiction.
- Reading - I dont do this as much.. but I am slowly trying to find more time
- Sports - I love volleyball and softball.. soccer.. anything. I just dont have time to belong ot teams right now but I will once I graduate.
- Traveling: I am addicted to this. I have been to India, Norway, Sweden, Germany, and like 35/50 of the states.

I also love animals and used to play french horn and piano (will pick up as soon as I grad).
Old 08-08-2003, 01:46 PM   #6  
Hoping for Success

Default scrapbooking and best chick flick!!

looks like many of us enjoy scrapbooking (because I do too) and why not it is the new big thing. any tips?

anyway, all you guys seem so interesting.

I was in marching band and was the drum major once (i played clarinet and the trumpet) I wish I could still play, but college put a damper on that!!!

I like chick flicks too, but I see everything and anything.. I recently saw 28 Days Later...I thought that was great, but the Pirates of the Caribbean was my favorite ovie this summer!!

I will admit to golfer girl that I am a Rockabilly-wannabe! I hate to admit it, but i wish I could be more like that. My kitchen that I designed it awesome, i should put a pitcher up...it is so retro with cherry wallpaper and jade green cabinets....my dad is an antique dealer so i get tons of cool stuff. I have been wearing the cats-eye glasses since I was ten. They were some old lady's that my dad had my prescription put it. (I thought I was so cool) I have pin-up potos everywhere in my house! (oh and marilyn monroe, she's everywhere too) However, my husband isn't such a fan. I listen to more of the pop punk sound and was in a band for two years that played with bands like dashboard and the anniversary, but I gave it all up.

SO anyway, what is everyone's favorite "chickie" flick?

mine is either Legally blonde (1 and 2) and even chickier (if that is a term) Steel Magnolias!!
Old 08-08-2003, 02:00 PM   #7  
comeback member

All time favorite chickie flick?

DIRTY DANCING!!!

*singing* I had the time of my life....la la la la la la

Sacha Swayze
Old 08-08-2003, 02:43 PM   #8  
Hoping for Success

dirty dancing is so awesome. i remember when i was little, it was like "bad" to see that movie. so when i saw it i thought i was being soo bad. but it is a great movie and i love it.

i used to dance and sing to the main song and even role play with my friends. we used to practice "the lift" in our pools! unfortunately I was always the lifter because I was chubby. hehe now I can laugh about it though!
Old 08-08-2003, 02:48 PM   #9  

OH How could I miss my favorite past time!! GOLF...Like now one has figured that out yet :-)
Old 08-08-2003, 02:54 PM   #10  

Carolyn... the Rockabilly lifestyle is the best... I would love to see pictures of your kitchen, someday I will have the same, but we just moved into a brand new town house and expect to sell it in another year or so so we haven't done much with it. We have a Birght Aqua Pin-up girl bathroom. My husband has 3 Varga Pin-ups from an old Esquire magazine and I have a couple smaller ones as well as some great Marilyn Monroe Pics.(and Marilyn Merlot wine, it's gorgeous).. We are doing a 60's retro bar area right now... with Shag's art all over. I work for a liquor and wine wholesaler so we have tons of stuff for the bar, we don't really drink but it's fun to have. He is into the hot rod art more than anything.

If you like the Punk music try some Psychobilly...it's got a punkier edge to it and that's what I love the best!!

As far as a chick flick... I can watch The Truth About Cats and Dogs all the time!!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 03:20 PM   #11  
comeback member

Don't feel bad Carolyn...I was the lifter too!!

Sacha
Old 08-08-2003, 03:38 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

Favorite Chick flick is Divine Secrets Of the Yaya Sisterhood....

My hobbies include:

Reading, I am big On Sandra Brown and Nora Roberts and Christine Feehan.But lately I find myself reading the Harry Potter books.

Photography, I love taking pictures especially of wildlife and nature.

Scrapbooking, I haven't done this in awhile but with all the pictures I am gaining from photography I need to start up again.

Poetry, I write poetry of all sorts; from erotic, sad, happy, and events. I love Edgar Allen Poe.

Impressionism, Claude Monet is my favorite artist and I love reading about impressionists and visiting museums with their artwork.

Drawing, I love to draw but only can do it if picture, person, or item is in front of me.

I am sure I have more hobbies but those are the really important ones at least to me...right now

Have a great weekend.
Old 08-08-2003, 04:16 PM   #13  
Hoping for Success

golfergirl-
I am working on a tiki bar right now, and I don't drink at all, but the bar must be done because that is my style. I collect herman miller furniture and have collected so many great 50's and 60's pieces so far.
I will definately get pictures done when I find time and the camera. (I lent my digital camera out) But for now I have too much time...I am soo bored.
I worked on my business this morning but I am free now. It's tough working for yourself.....no discipline!!
Old 08-08-2003, 05:00 PM   #14  

Let's see.... I'm not nearly as crafty as most of you--I have neither the patience nor the skill.

I don't really have hobbies, per se, but I do have interests... I love to golf, read (just about anything, I probably go through at least 5 books/week), watch TV (an amalgam of Britcoms (Absolutely Fabulous is my favorite, obviously), British dramas, crime dramas (I had an absolute Law and Order addiction in college... I'd get home from being out at around 2 and there was L&O waiting to give me my late-night fix on A&E), sappy old movies, The Daily Show) clubbing with my friends, opera, post-Impressionist art, wine (which I'm going to have to severely limit since I'm starting the South Beach Diet on Monday--it's very sad), cooking (new challenges are now before me) and travel. Oh, and just to make me even more quirky (and to sound more like a 65 year old), I'm really into following sub-Saharan African politics... I work at a think tank, so I freely admit my nerdery.

Apparently I will now be making jogging and going to the gym hobbies, as well, as part of my plan of reinvention for life post-25.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:17 PM   #15  
Hoping for Success

abfab,

I must admit I was totally jealous of you until I read your post and realized your name was from the tv show....which is awesome by the way! I thought you had fabulous abs!!! I was thinking to myself that I am so jealous because I have never seen my abs...I hope to though! That is one of my long term goals.

thanks for joining us and be sure to fill in anything you might have forgotten...

i really have to find something to do, but tonight I have to just sit in my comic shop and wait till I am released!!! these kids are driving me crazy today!!!
Closed Thread