Old 05-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

dani hope you're back soon!

fitmama Good job on your workout! What are you doing?

rie Glad you stuck to your workouts! It sounds like it's paying off. What city is your bf in? I keep reading about all your Japan adventures. What are you there for?

krissy That fruit salad sounds soooo good! I know what you mean about the running though. I feel so pulled sometimes when I want to keep going but my lungs are like, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING??" Sorry to hear you felt sick after eating. I get like that, too. When I eat anything too heavy, processed, salty, I start feeling really gross. It's amazing how our bodies adapt to being healthy! And with the bikini wax - I've been doing brazilians for about 7 years now. Best thing ever. It was scary at first, but it's not so bad. It's a quick stinging pain then it's gone. And I see a separate girl in a separate to do my brazilians than any other services. Haha, I feel better that way.

rainbow The conference went okay. The food was good and the speaker was great. The sound in the room was really crappy, so I could barely hear, but what I heard was inspiring. At least your pastry was for breakfast. I feel like if we're going to eat junk food then it should be early in the day. Hopefully all the movement throughout the day will burn it off!

Lauren Hello! What are your plans to eat better?

It's monday, boo Okay so I made the decision this weekend to get off the medifast and just keep running and eating better. The low calories were totally making me too light-headed and nauseated, even after walking around, much less running. I'm back on real food, but just making better choices and smaller meals. I feel better, but I'm terrified of gaining the weight back. Really paranoid. Eep. Even after that two weeks of medifast and weightloss I feel great, my clothes fit better, and the bf even said, you have less to grab and hug!

The running is going great. I finished Week 1 Day 2 and I paced myself a little better. I felt better and my body wasn't screaming at me that something was seriously wrong. I'll complete Week 1 tonight so hopefully it'll go well. On the off days, the bf and I have been walking around our neighborhood so I'm not a complete slug. I definitely have more energy, which is exciting. The bf is trying to reassure me that I will keep losing weight by exercising and making good choices. I guess we'll see how this goes!
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #92  

Meep...where is everyone?

I finished my first week of couch to 5k yesterday and I feel great! The scale reflected a loss, even after eating normal food! Granola and almond milk for breakfast, small salad with wasabi yuzu dressing for lunch, and half a chicken quesadilla for dinner with homemade guacamole Yum yum! The bf did buy a loaf of french bread last night and I indulged. It was warm and the smell! My favorite smell! I couldn't help it. I had a slice I felt guilty. I ran hard after that, haha. When I start eating better, I don't care about the sweets. But I dream of white bread.

Have to eat dinner at the bf's parents house. Mom is making pork tofu so it should be good
Old 05-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Riestrella Cool necklace!! My boyfriend is into the Bioshock games, me, not so much with PC games, but I do play a bit of Wii when I get the chance. That no fridge thing must be pretty annoying!! Weird re the eagle! How bizarre! Yeah, Shaun T is definitely rather camp in Hip Hop Abs vs Insanity. I haven't done Insanity but I've watched a few Youtube videos of it.

Missy Brazilian was weird the first couple of times, but now it's really not... probably because I've had so many and also so many different waxers down there haha... it does hurt, but overall it's not so bad. I guess I could run, but they always recommend not getting too sweaty right after, so I don't. That sugar overload illness thing you described sounds horrible! Hope you're back to normal now!

jmko Man, I sort of feel like that re food and time of day... but I know that more often than not, once I've eaten one semi bad thing on a day where I'm not counting, I'm more likely to continue the trend. So good that you are feeling good! Don't worry too much about gain after coming off medifast. I'm not speaking from experience, but I'm sure that with the extra activity you're doing, you'll be fine! Running sounds like it's going good for you! Bread is one of my weaknesses as well - often when I go to my sister's house, we'll have sourdough that you buy parbaked and finish it off - and I know she often does it because I love it so much haha - and it's so damn good, I swear I could eat a whole huge loaf.

~So my weight was all steady for some reason until this morning, where it jumped up to 62.8kg... I know, only 400gm... and I didn't poop this morning, so may it's that, or maybe it's... I dunno, the fact I ran last night and didn't really drink any water. I dunno. I'm sure it's something to do with not exercising for four days and then exercising.

My run was pretty crap to be honest. It was later than I'd usually leave, and since it was later it was darker, and because of that (and the really bad weather - rain, thunder, lightning!!) I decided to cut my route. So I did 3.7km instead of 4.8km. And I probably walked a little more of it than usual. I just felt like I had no energy. I didn't feel that great before I went out either, and it just wasn't that fun... but I'll get back to it tonight!

I've actually been feeling not that great for these first few days of the week in general. I feel like I've hit some kind of wall, like I'm really lethargic and just not quite right. Here's hoping I start feeling normalish soon!

Also, I put on an outfit this morning with sort of a straight pencil-ish skirt and I actually felt really small. It was nice. And then I changed because I didn't like that you could see the lines of my bodysuit thing under the skirt - it was like a panty line, but odder.

I have no breakfast or lunch with me at work today and I am about to go and buy... A MUFFIN. Yes. I'm admitting it to you guys because I can. There is seriously nothing else within walking distance from my office that I can think of that isn't completely over the top (we're talking a small muffin).
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #94  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone! Well, yesterday’s calories were definitely over budget, but so long as I keep them in check the rest of the week it will be a success. Yesterday’s WI was 133.0, this morning’s was 133.8, but I sort of expected that. Today is a running day, so I’m going to go as soon as DH wakes up. He added a lot of music to his ipod for me to listen to while I’m out

Jmko – Great job on the running, keep it up!

Stripe – I hope you get your energy back. Good job getting your run in, even if it wasn’t as enjoyable as it usually is. At least you did it!

I’ve been feeling sort of tired and overwhelmed and have had a lot on my mind lately. I’m not exactly down, but I’m not feeling up to snuff, and don’t really have much to say today. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be more talkative. Sorry ladies!

Anyway, I hope you all have a great day.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #95  

rainbow whenever you post your weight in kilograms it takes a little brain power for me to compute, haha. Then you added in grams and there it went. I guess that's the downside of me doing this in the morning. Don't you love that feeling of fitting into clothes and just feeling small? Hope you feel better soon!

krissy sorry to hear you're not feeling up to par. Hope you feel better soon!

So yesterday was not a good eating day. Bf's mom made pork tofu and I had rice with it. As soon as I put it in bowl and sat down I looked at it and realized I would've been okay without it. Then she had lemon crunch cake for dessert. Didn't eat it right away, but the bf and I went for a walk. It was a little over 2.5 miles, then came home and ate the cake. Bad idea. I had half a slice and I felt sick almost immediately after. Weighed in at 159.4 so I'm up from yesterday, but I expected it. Tonight is W2D1 of C25K so hopefully I'll see a loss tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #96  

Missy Hope your running went ok and that you're feeling better soon.

jmko Oh man, sorry about the food stuff - but I think it's ok, I guess your body is kind of telling you how it feels re feeling sick with the cake? I wish my body would say no to that kind of food haha. I used to post weights in kg and translate to pounds, but sometimes I get lazy haha.

~Weigh in back down today, happy about that. 62.3kg / 137.3lbs. Still feeling super tired and lethargic, though I got my run in last night, again in the rain and wind. I did just under 5km, and again, it was a bit slow, but in my defense, while I'm out there I am just really trying not to slip over haha.

Boyfriend was out late last night so I didn't sleep that well (he woke me up when he came in, and it had been pouring and I often don't sleep that well when it's pouring). So I'm still incredibly tired this week. Have to figure out what I'm going to cook for dinner tonight AND for tomorrow's shared lunch and then go get ingredients at lunch. So I have a few hours to make a decision.

I know I should run tonight, but I also have to cook two meals so I think I'll play it by ear based on what I buy to cook and what the weather is doing. Three rainy runs in a row might just drag me down.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:56 AM   #97  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Lauren - I think you can still be a lover of food but just a lover of healthy food! I think really challenging yourself to analyse the food you eat is important to healthy eating (I wouldn't call it a diet!), you should treat your body to the good stuff - the REAL stuff - and it will thank you later down the line! Glad to see someone else who loves Insanity, it's hard not to if you love a challenge!

Missy K - Aww, thanks, glad you like it! I love that it's fashionable but still nerdy if you know what it's from! I actually saw another watermelon for $28 the other day. Granted it was ginormous but STILL. Yeah, prices really suck compared to any big country - you're right, it's all about not having the space so they have to import it! I've heard about that before you know, when you cleanse your body of all the sugars then suddenly eat LOADS it sends your body into a funk. Just goes to show the bad things it can do to your body! But also shows that you're doing awesome because your body can cope without it ;p
Congrats on the running progress! That's an awesome increase! Soon you'll be running for an hour straight ;p. I just say that because I can do it and I started where you did!! Glad you're loving it, it's such a great challenging sport.

jmko - My boyfriend lives in Kichijoji. I'm here to earn some good money and experience life in a foreign country before I try and move to the States or Canada to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. I really want a creative job, no matter what field! But ideally film, I love film and studied it at Uni. What is Medifast? Drink lots of water and eat clean to reduce that gain! You can do it!!

rainbow - You've not been sounding your positive self recently either =/. Maybe you need more iron? I hope you feel better, you're doing amazing sticking to your runs. Don't worry, remind yourself why you want to do this and where you want to be at the end!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 237.4/217.2/140

Height: 5'4"

Ugh - guys! I've been failing you! Where have I been? I don't even know! Anyway, I'm back now. Still on plan, still doing great. Down 15lbs as of today and I'm hearing a lot of compliments about my weight which probably means that I've gained a bit of muscle/lost extra fat.. My clothes fit a lot better - overall, it's just a great feeling.

I'm also feeling a lot more like I can control myself when it comes to food. I don't crave carbs like I used to, I can resist eating bad food when it is offered to me, I can eat at restaurants without overindulging.. and MOST importantly - I can eat something bad (like, I had a pack of skittles the other day) without sending myself into a binge and/or a shame spiral. My brain finally accepts that not every day has to be perfect and it's about not letting one day or even one meal dictate my future.

I would like to make a promise to you guys and that is: Whether I am here or not here (even though I'm going to make a better effort to be here) I will do the best I can each and every day. That will not always mean I'm perfect - but it will mean that I remember what got me here and remind myself that I can never be there again.

Annnnd I know this is backward, but that's okay:

Riestrella $28 for a watermelon is crazy! Do they have local fruit that is cheaper?

rainbow The rain always gets me down too. There is just something so demotivating about it.

Missy Hope you are feeling in better spirits soon. I am often a victim of the emotional funk you describe and it's always so nice when it disappears - hope that's soon for you.

jmko I'm so impressed by everyone who runs. I technically HAVE C25K but I don't use it - I don't know what it is but I can't seem to do it. Do you run outside or on a track or on a treadmill?

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

Last edited by Dani86; 05-24-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Dani86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #99  
Krissy Missy

Jmko & Stripe – Thanks for the encouragement, I’m feeling much better today

Jmko – Keep it up with C25K! You made it past week one, great job! Seriously. How’s the eating been the past couple days? We all have good days and bad days eating wise, so long as the good outnumber the bad you’re doing alright. And even though you ate the cake, I’d say you should be proud of yourself for going for the walk first – that shows that you can delay gratification, which is very important while dieting.

Stripe – Good for you getting out there despite the rainy weather! And nice weigh in too!

Riestrella
- $28 OMG. I honestly go through 2 watermelons a week, I would go broke in Japan! You’re totally right, even though I felt ill it does show that my body has adapted to healthier eating. I guess it all depends on perspective doesn’t it?

Dani
– Glad to see you checking in! Great job on the 15 down, that’s a nice little milestone right there. “not letting one day or even one meal dictate my future” << That is a very important lesson! One that I’m still working on in fact. Logically I know that one overindulgence does not a diet break, but more often than not when I go over I just say “f##ck it” and dive head first into whatever “bad” foods I have on hand. So, knowing it and practicing it are too different things (at least for me, LOL).

Well, I’m feeling much better today. It certainly helps that this morning’s weekly WI went very well – 131.8! That’s 2.4 down from last week. I really needed a nice loss to keep me motivated, and thank goodness I got one. It seems to be my pattern that for the first 2 weeks of my monthly cycle I lose, then the last 2 weeks I maintain. I seriously cannot wait until hitting the 120’s!

I also completed week 3 of C25K today, and I’m loving it. I never thought I’d actually be able to run, let alone enjoy it! But I am. I’m only 3 weeks in, but it’s a major accomplishment for me. I can actually feel my endurance increasing as my body gets stronger and I’m finding it easier and easier to breath. No weird shoulder cramps/side stiches today! Huzzah! I’m actually looking forward to increasing the length of my running time this week.

Busy day today, DS has swimming and we’ve got to grocery shop after. The bridesmaid’s dress that I’m wearing for the wedding next week just came in, and I need to find someone to alter it ASAP! It’s a beautiful dress, but the hem is WAAAAAY too long (like 6-8 inches, even with heels it’s pooled up on the floor, and I was planning on wearing flats). It’s also too big in the bust (yes! I’m actually really happy about this because I feel like my chest is disproportionately large compared to the rest of my body).

Anyway, I better get going because I need to get in the shower before going out the door again, and I’m a little pressed for time. Yikes! Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #100  

rainbow what did you end up making for dinner and lunch?

rie I've been dying to go to Japan. I was accepted to a couple schools there for college but ended up not going. I regret it One day I'll go! Medifast is a weight loss producet, kind of like nutrisystem. It's an amazing thing and as long as you stick to it, the weight comes off pretty quickly. The only downside, you only get to eat 1 real meal. Long term, it's hard for me.

dani congrats on being down 15lbs!! YAY YOU! I run outside around my neighborhood. I think it helps that my bf runs with me - he keeps me motivated. He's like a cheerleader, "c'mon! you can do it! only 2 more runs!" haha, it's cute.

krissy glad you're feeling better. the eating has been okay for the most part. Congrats on being down to 131! I'm so jealous. When did you start your weight loss journey? God, I'm like you! Whenever I have to buy a long dress or pants I ALWAYS have to have it hemmed. The curse of being a shorty. Pictures of you in the dress after it's hemmed are coming, right??

So I was a little MIA yesterday. The bf's grandfather passed away so we were a little preoccupied with family things. He was in the hospice so it wasn't a huge surprise, but still sad. Needless to say, yesterday was kind of a crap eating day and I was afraid to jump on the scale this morning. I am happy to say that my body and my tastes are changing. I had an ahi (tuna steak) sandwich for lunch yesterday and ended up taking the top half of the bun because it was just so much bread! Never thought I'd EVER say "too much bread," haha! I also just don't care for the sweets anymore - I'd much rather have fruit. We ordered thai for dinner for the bf's parents and ourselves and I looked at it and went, "ugh, it looks so heavy. bleh." Amazing how my tastes have changed so much!

Today will be W2D2 of my C25K. I'm excited (never thought I'd say it!) and hopefully the bf and I can do some hiking this weekend, too. With all this working out I do need more workout clothes so hopefully I'll get to shop for that this weekend. And when did all workout clothes become so form fitting?? Where are all the loose tops??? Boo.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #101  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hello!

My week has been spent recovering from my calf injury that I acquired last weekend. I couldn't walk properly for 2 days, then my knees began to hurt once my calves loosened up because I had been walking like a cripple for 2 days! So it's not been a great week for exercising. I did a Jillian Michaels but took it REALLY easy. More upper body strength training. Yesterday I washed all of my workout clothes so I didn't get to workout yesterday. If I don't wear a sports bra with my giant boobies then sh!t gets real. I know it sounds like a silly excuse, but my boobs really hurt if I bounce around without a sports bra on! I was walking around a lot yesterday to do some errands.

Boyfriend and I ended up going out TWICE yesterday for meals. He doesn't have a proper kitchen yet, meaning he has no where to prepare any meals. So we had to go out to eat. Ended up eating quite badly, but I tried my best to chew my food and slow down. I had a few drinks because it's the weekend, but overall not happy with how I ate yesterday.
TODAY we have a reservation for a Mexican restaurant - I know, not good timing! But it's supposed to be amazing food (for Japan anyway) and it was booked 2 weeks in advance because of how popular it is. So I'm going to enjoy it then kick my a$$ afterwards with Insanity.

I've bought myself a new set of scales, electronic ones so I can see precisely what my weight is. I always had fluctuations with the number after the decimal point, so it'll be nice to see the slow movements instead of having to wait for a big one like on my current scale.

Weight has dipped down to the low 157 lbs, so I'm down a lb from last week. Not sure exactly how much, could be only like 0.2 lbs but still! Happy that I'm seeing some progress.

Now my legs have fully recovered I'm determined to get back on the exercise wagon. My eating during the week was fine - lots of fruit/veg in the week and small healthy dinners. I did go out with work friends to Yakiniku - which wasn't good for me but DELICIOUS. But I weighed less the morning after, so probably one of those cheat days that actually sped up the weight loss! I do love when that happens - you're good for ages, you slip but then the scales whooshes down because life loves you. Doesn't always happen, but I feel great when it does!

---

Dani - You sound like you've got the perfect mindset for weightloss, please never change! It's taken me a LONG while to reach that kind of zen with my feelings to food/weight, so I'm happy you got to that point a lot faster! Well I live in Japan so they can't grow fruit here so it's generally expensive. They do have some local fruit, like bananas and apples, but the more exotic fruit tends to be imported! It does suck because I love me my fruit!!

Missy K - Haha, yup you would be broke! It's also only imported when seasonal, so you can't get it at certain points in the year. I'm pretty sure there are times I haven't seen them. Congrats on the loss! Your new plan is really working for you!! If you're serious about running, you should invest in some awesome shoes. They'll help you loads and prevent injury. I'd always recommend a good pair of running shoes, I have these bright pink/black ASICS that are my trusty friends! I don't usually go for pink, but they just called to me so I had to get them. I put a special sports sole in them to support my arches too. Glad you're liking running, I always love when people are converted to the awesomeness that is running!

jmko - Aww, how come you didn't go? Just didn't feel it at the time? Hmm, I'm really against diet supplements. While yes, they probably do work, your body is meant to eat food not take a magic pill! The way I see it is you can't live the rest of your life taking it, you need to fuel your body with the real stuff to see results in both fitness and weight loss. I'm glad you've stopped taking it! It sounds like you've developed a reliance on it, but you don't need it, because you say you're really nervous about gaining the weight now you're off it. But you won't if you lose weight the natural way! You can do it!
So sorry about the loss *hug*. It is amazing how your tastes change when you start eating right! You definitely see the world of food entirely different when you know what food does for your body. So happy for you! Haha, yeah the tight workout clothes can be a pain! I always wore a baggy t-shirt for running! I don't think I'd ever rock the tight fitted look until my stomach was flat!! One day I will be that annoying woman who runs in a crop top and shows off her awesome abs hehe.

Last edited by Riestrella; 05-25-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #102  
Krissy Missy

Jmko – I started losing weight in September 2012, 3 months after my son was born. It took me 8 months, but I just hit the 50 pound mark! I lost most of that within the first 6 months and the rest has been quite a battle to get off. Sorry to hear of your bf’s loss, . LOL about the “too much bread”! I know how you feel. I used to love my processed carbs! Now I can only stand a little before feeling sick and weighed down. Did you and bf go hiking yet? I love to hike, but haven’t gone in a while. Like Riestrella I just wear loose tee shirts when I exercise, along with my ultra comfy yoga pants.

Riestrella – Owch on the injuries! Exercising is important, but you gotta let yourself heal. I’d say you had a valid excuse for taking it easy. And I’m with you on the sports bras, there is no way I’m going out without mine on. Actually, I’ve been wearing 2 at once lately because the girls had been slipping out the bottom when I was wearing only one. Now they’re on lock down, ha ha. Oh I love Mexican food! What are you going to order? Congrats on the pound down! Good job. What brand did you go with for the scales? I have a Taylor that I use to weigh myself, and another Taylor for my kitchen scale. They’re pretty simple design wise, but they seem to be accurate. There’s actually a pretty big running culture in my area, and I know of at least 2 running stores. I’ve been thinking about checking them out and getting a new pair of shoes, but I’m a little hesitant because I don’t want to be pressured to spend more than I can afford.

Well, yesterday wasn’t a fantastic eating day, but it wasn’t completely horrid either. The fam and I went into the city to go to the farmer’s market and walked around quite a bit there, then we walked down to the seamstress to get my bridesmaid’s dress altered (pics to come when it’s done!). The seamstress’s shop was right around the corner from one of our favorite brew pubs, so we decided to get lunch there. I had a burger with blue cheese, sweet potato fries, and a 10 oz pour of beer. I’m estimating that the calorie count was around 800. I ate fairly lightly the rest of the day, until going for an evening bike ride with the fam to Dairy Queen, where I got a mini choco cherry love blizzard (according to their website 330 calories). Overall I went over my calories by an estimated 135, which isn’t that bad, but still over. I do consider it a small victory though, because even though I went over I didn’t give up and give in to a binge. Plus I did get a fair amount of exercise in so it wasn’t like I was sitting on my bum all day pigging out. This morning’s WI was 131.8, so no change from yesterday or the day before

So for my bridesmaid’s dress I had to order it over the phone from a shop a few hours away. I gave the woman my measurements and she told me that she’d be ordering the dress in a size 12. I’m wearing size 10 in dresses and pants, but she said that the bridal dresses run small. Ok, no big deal right? Well, when I got the dress and tried it on, it was waaaaaay to big! Like I said before it was about 6 inches or more too long and the bust was just so loose that it felt like the girls were floating around in a half empty fish bowl. It was pretty ridiculous. BUT, the waist was quite snug. I guess I don’t really have a narrow waist at all, because the waist fit like a glove whereas the rest of it was loosey-goosey.

My mom is coming to stay for an extended visit and should be here today. She’ll be babysitting DS during all of the wedding festivities so she’s coming early so that he can re-adjust to her. This also means that my house will be a lot cleaner, because she always helps me out with chores.

Today will be w4d1 of C25K! I’m excited for the increased run time this week. DH loaded up the ipod for me so I’m ready to go, as soon as he decides to wake up to watch DS, lol.

Have a lovely day everyone!
Old 05-27-2013, 03:13 AM   #103  

Riestrella You could be right on the iron thing... I know I don't eat much red meat at all, and probably don't get enough of it from leafy greens either...maybe something to look into! No sports bra is definitely an excuse not to exercise haha. Oh and the food - I think you're doing great overall so a few off plan meals won't hurt too much in the long run. Mexican is my favourite, yum..what did you end up getting?

Dani Congrats on 15 pounds, what an awesome effort so far! And I think you've got a really good mindset going on, that's really cool. I think it's definitely important just to look at one thing at a time and not let days or meals overwhelm you - a lesson I also need to remember!! It's been raining a lot so I'm just having to keep reminding myself that if I don't exercise while it's raining, I could be waiting for weeks haha - plus I've read (and been told) that it rains a lot in Vancouver (where I'm moving in Sept) so I better get used to it!

Missy Awesome stuff on the weigh in and feeling your endurance levels building! Isn't it just the coolest feeling?? Isn't that weird about bridesmaids dresses? I was SO disappointed when my sister got married and they ordered me.. I think it was a size 18 dress (and since our sizes here are different, it was like a 20 for me, when I would normally have been a 16-18) and I was mortified. It was a little big and did have to be taken in, but again, just another moment in life I wish I'd started this journey earlier! I look at photos from her wedding and I'm disappointed that I was so big! Man your food descriptions are making me hungry haha. I just went and googled dairy queen to look up your dessert and I was surprised they do food as well as desserts! And man that place looks dangerous. And then I googled whether it was in Vancouver..uh oh!

jmko Sorry to hear about your bf's grandfather, any loss is tough, no matter how expected we think it may be. I hope you and he and his family are doing ok! So agree with you on loose workout tops. I don't mind wearing tight pants but I need a top that is flowy-er over my stupid stomach, I do not want to show that thing jiggling up and down while I'm running - I swear it needs it's own bra :/

~Well I had a super busy weekend and it's monday night here now. I would normally download Game of Thrones and watch that but apparently no episode this week due to a holiday weekend over in the states? So I'm here, checking in with you all.

My weekend had some hits and some misses. The shared lunch at work on Friday was a full on food fest, including baklava, which I really shouldn't have eaten. I didn't do terrible overall, but I did overeat. My contribution was beef fajitas, so at least I know those weren't unhealthy. Friday night was a family meal with my sister and parents at a thai restaurant - I ordered what I think wasn't too bad, stir fried meat and veges, but you never quite know what goes into those sauces. Saturday...well... on the plus side, I got in my run in the morning...on the negative side, I didn't eat breakfast at all AND we went to Carl's Jr for lunch because I had been sent a voucher. And then I got Starbucks. Oops. The other positive is that we did walk around A LOT in the city.

Then there was my friend's birthday, where I did drink and eat pizza, but four out of six glasses of wine were low alcohol AND I stopped drinking at a good point - which is an achievement for me, just in general, because if anyone remembers, I was trying to cut back on my drinking.

For some reason yesterday I struggled a lot. I was craving cake type things, and had to run a few errands. I ended up getting an iced coffee and then my boyfriend suggested we go to Burger Fuel (a "gourmet" burger chain here) so we did. Oops. Plus side? I ate my mini burger and could barely fit any fries in. Negative? I was still craving cake type things so got a whoopie pie and ate it in the afternoon. And then I got curry takeout.

UGH. So...I have just written a food novel, I'm impressed if anyone read it all haha. Sorry about that. I did get my run in tonight though, and I'm taking it as it comes. People at work think I'm too hard on myself when I know I make "mistakes", but I hope you guys understand - it's more the knowing that I could be doing so much better!!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #104  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

My new scales arrived and I weighed myself this morning. I was disappointed to see that I weigh 158 lbs, which is a lb more than I thought. At least now I can keep a more accurate reading of my weight. Really fed up of seeing these numbers, because I know I reached the 140s before. But I know it takes a lot of hard work and consistency, something that I've not been able to manage so far. I won't give up, I want this too badly to give up.

The Mexican place was good, but nothing amazing unfortunately! It was a special deal, so I ended up getting 4 courses. The entree was tiny, soup and 2 other things I can't remember! Then I had a salad, chicken fajitas and a small strawberry mousse for dessert. The chicken was cooked to perfection, but it just didn't have the spicy flavours I was hoping for! I've never really had authentic Mexican food, but I know it's out there and I know it'll be delicious! So while I got a lot for my money, it could have been a bit more flavorsome!

Missy K - I've been wearing 2 sports bras for a while now! I definitely need double the support! I got Tanita scales, because it was the cheapest one on Amazon, hah! But I weighed my dumbbell and it gave an accurate reading so I'm not too fussed about the brand. As for the running shoes, I think setting yourself a budget would be best. You get what you pay for however, my shoes were about £70, but they've lasted me a long time and since I was running almost every day it was worth the money. Good for you on not binging! We all have those days where our plans seem to fly out the window, but sounds like you did a lot of walking/cycling to compensate and it shows on the scale. Can't believe how wrong they got your bridesmaid dress!

rainbow - Definitely have yourself a big ol' homemade burger!! You can control what goes in it and how you cook it and it'll be full of iron. Or you could eat kidney, prunes are a good source of iron too. Shell fish also! Yeah, GoT is taking a 2 week break ;_;. Well, I think that's why we're all here right? Because your friends and family, while they can be supportive, they won't quite understand what you're going through because they're not doing it too! Sounds like a food frenzy, but I'm right there with you - I had a terrible eating weekend also. It's easy to think of all sorts of advice NOW that it's over, but really it's just about being able to control your cravings when they happen. I need to learn to say "no" and not just go crazy because I'm out and about. It's really hard to order healthy when everyone else is eating what they want, I'm the last person who wants to order a salad as a main meal at a restaurant!

Last edited by Riestrella; 05-27-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #105  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone~ sorry I have been MIA. I have had guests for 2 weeks straight! craziness here. Now that things are back to normal back to eating right and running. Sorry there are just to many personals to catch up on. Hope you guys are doing great and going for it!
sun is offline   Reply With Quote