Old 09-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #1  

Default New and looking for buddies :)

Hey everyone,

l'm Dani and I'm looking for some buddies to share my journey with I just need someone to help keep me motivated, share their tips/tricks and pick me up on those days when things go bad and of course I promise to be a great buddy in return!

I'm currently 5'3" and 120lbs and have found on other forums that people weren't very supportive as they thought that I did not need to lose any weight because I'm already a healthy weight for my height. I know that I don't need to lose weight, and I don't actually want to. I would just like to lose the stubborn 2-3 inches sitting around my stomach, arms and thighs so I can fit comfortably back into a size 8 ready for my 21st birthday in December ) Being 5'3" I just feel that the extra pounds make me look chubby - something which I was told repeatedly while on holidays this year - and so this time I'm determined that they have to go.

For the past two weeks I've been doing a Zumba routine 5-6 times a week which I'm really enjoying and although I've been eating relatively healthily I've had more than a few cheat meals recently so I've decided to start officially on Monday when I am back in university and can shop for myself.
I'm just going to continue with the Zumba and add in some arm/ab toning sessions 3 times a week with the aim of building lean muscle to speed up my metabolism naturally.

I'm also going to cut down on carbs, mainly by swapping cereal, pasta, rice and bread with fruit and veg. I think I'll have to allow myself one day a week for carbs though as I'm pretty much an addict! lol Aiming for 1100kcal allowance a day which along with my zumba should get me upto 1.5lbs fat loss a week )

If anyone would like to be my buddy or just has any advice/suggestions for me please let me know!

Best wishes to you all!
Dani
Bunklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #2  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome from a fellow shorty! A few pounds really does make a world of difference on us. If you haven't already, check out the featherweights forum...it's basically for those of us that only have a few pounds to lose, so you're likely to find a group that is more supportive of your goals than what you've found previously.

I would caution that 1100 kcal seems slightly low in general. Everybody is different, of course, and for shorties it's especially hard, but if you aren't taking in enough nutrition each day you'll be losing muscle in addition to fat. So, I just suggest that if you find yourself hungry all the time or otherwise struggling with 1100, don't be afraid to try bumping up the value 100-200 kcal for a week just to see how it goes.

Also don't worry about the occasional cheat...worrying or otherwise trying to make up for it will drive you crazy! If you're ever lacking in motivation, these forums have plenty of it!
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote