Old 09-04-2012, 06:02 AM   #16  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies!

I'm a longtime 3FC lurker and occasional poster. I always enjoy reading the chat thread and am especially attracted to this group--you ladies are so cool! I also really like that there are some other 20 something ladies out there living and working abroad. I'm currently an English teacher in Thailand trying to navigate healthy eating in a different country where I definitely not as independent as I am at home. It can be challenging, and I too feel like a GIANT standing next to my Thai co-workers--they're so tiny even if they're "fat"!!! ;-)

---

Namaste, Garden, & other veggies/vegans: So much respect for you! When I get back to the US (around Christmas) I'm hoping to devout a couple of days a weak to being meat free. I plan to do it for mostly environmental sustainabilty reasons. I'm interested to know why you made the decision to go veggie/vegan and what the challenges were for you.

Also, Katbot, not to sound like a total creeper, but I've been LOVING following all of your wedding plans updates! It sounds like it's going to be an absolutely beautiful, special event! (like I said, creepster mcgee over here. haha)

Hope you have a great day, ladies!!
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:56 AM   #17  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

This is a total driveby, but I'm posting here because I want to be accountable for NOT eating the entire half-loaf of bread I brought home this evening. I started my period early this month, so I've got this weird mix of PMS and actual menstruation happening right now that's making me want to eat everything in sight.

Now that I'm back at work I expect I'll have more time to read and respond to everyone's posts (ironic that I have more time at work than out of it).
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #18  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Gardenburglar: Fingers crossed that a whoosh is coming...it must be with that much hard work...

QB: Zombies and fruit water? Oh my...sounds like a good day.

Bea: Good luck with your date...glad you decided to give him a chance

Katbot: I'm glad that breakfast went relatively well...my guy hasn't met the family yet, but my brothers are HORRIBLE every time I bring a guy home. I've given them a list of things they can't be in the same room with when I introduce a new boyfriend...some items include firearms, power tools, motor vehicles, and blades over 6'' (they made me measure the steak knives because "it wasn't fair if I brought guys home for dinner" otherwise). My parents are generally just embarrassing...I suppose i should be grateful if yours are the other option.

leighish: Welcome back and good luck!

pinksparkles: Trader Joe's gyouza (pot stickers)...so good...maybe not the absolute healthiest thing out there, but really tasty and they have a good variety of flavors.

graciegoose: I DEFINITELY know the feeling...Japan's not any better, and I've got an inch and some pounds on you yet.

Kahokkuri: Ugh, that sounds awful. I've got something going on that's making me desperately crave bread too for whatever reason...go figure, I don't think that I had bread for the greater part of August, now I'm on my second 8-slicer in a week and a half...*sigh* At least I haven't caved and gone to a conbini for mochi bread yet (though tomorrow is going to be dangerous...I'm at the school closest to Mini Stop and they have MAPLE mochi bread...).

----
Augh...it's not August any more, Japan...can summer please be over? This humidity is killing me...the thunderstorms even more so...I just want to ride my biiiike TT^TT
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #19  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Kahokkuri - I could live off just bread and butter if needed. I love bread. mmmm....kuddos to you.

Hotaruchan - the bra situation is absolutely hilarious. I went into a bra place wearing a 38D and left in a 38F. I'm now in a 36F. They are not shrinking and my husband is thrilled. LOL

graciegoose13 Welcome!

Namaste & Garden How do you give up cheese!? I was a vegetarian for 5 years, but lived off of cheese. My doc made me start eating meat again because my body doesnt absorb fake Iron well (and I'm allergic to the supplements.) I ended up in the hospital for a week because I was so anemic and a point away from needing a blood transfusion.

Everyone else - Hi! Hope you had a great weekend!

Pork-A-Pocalypse went fantastically well. I did terrible with my drinking/eating, and when I say terrible I mean binge drinking for 3 days and eating whatever and whenever I wanted, but such is life. Today is a new day. I try to eat healthy 80% of the time and just live 20% of the time. I lived A LOT this weekend. haha! I feel like total sh*t today though. I'm exhausted, my body hurts, etc. It's interesting how much lousy habits effect you once you're used to clean living.

I've got a bike race next weekend and then the triathlon in 3 weeks, so September is good to go. I'm doing a 5k in October and I also signed up for another 10k in November that will qualify me for the Peachtree Road Race (it's a HUGE ordeal in Atlanta.) The gym will feel good tonight. Ugh.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

beahawkins Well, unfortunately, the water got a funny taste after a day. Maybe it was the fruit plus cranberry? Either way, I think I'll use less fruit next time (like, only half the lemon/lime/orange) so I can get more days out of the fruit. Today I'm just using the water with a few cranberry ice cubes.
Good luck with the date! I know what you mean. I've been kind of avoiding the dating scene for a few months now...just can't get into it.

katbot Haha yeah, when I'm really good about drinking water I have to pee all.day.long. I don't mind the taste (or non-taste?) of water, but I like it a lot more with a little bit of flavor. Can't use crystal light or any of that though, makes me nauseous for the entire day.
It's good that breakfast went well. Yeah, parents are like that. they're probably just having a hard time letting you grow up.

Leighish: welcome back!

pinksparkles Great plan with the gym! Your last year as an undergrad? What are you studying?

graciegoose Welcome!

Hotaruchan The Zombie app is pretty fun. I mean, it says a lot that I actually WANTED to do it two days in a row.

Ugh. I want it to still be the weekend! I didn't do nearly enough homework (about to go take an English quiz now, in fact) but man...I'm having a hard time finding a work/school/exercise/fun balance.
Guess it's time I made another spreadsheet to try and plan my life out...
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #21  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

SoMuchFattitude- Love your username, haha. Way to go, getting back on track. I bet you'll see some good progress soon once you get back into the swing of your intense-sounding exercise!

QuietBallerina- I'm a chem major! I hear you on the life balance- I let school take over my life sometimes and everything else suffers. My goal is to exercise as much as I can.. it's a good stress reliever, too!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The gym today was pretty busy, considering it's orientation day. Did 25 minutes of interval training on the treadmill, 20 minutes of the 'random' setting on the bike and jogged home.

Note to self: don't forget a sweat towel next time.. I was literally dripping. Yay!

Happy pseudo Monday, everyone!

Last edited by pinksparkles; 09-04-2012 at 01:02 PM.
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #22  

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone! Lurked the August thread a bit, but figured I'd jump in to the September thread since it's still only a couple pages long!

Caught a quick glimpse of the 160s yesterday but back to 170.0 today. Hoping this is the week where I can dig in and stay in (until the 150s, that is )

Back to school stuff was all over the news this AM and traffic was crazy this morning, accordingly. I'm feeling the back to school blues as well (even though I straddle the student/employee line and don't get a summer break). I guess it's just fall in the air, and I'm definitely a summer gal. Gotta start planning a winter vacation ASAP.

Last edited by shelflife; 09-04-2012 at 01:30 PM.
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone!

Jumping in this month I have a goal of 143 by the end of the month, but we'll see what my body wants to do. Closer to goal, the harder it is to lose. I've jacked my knees pretty badly, so I'm sticking to a lot of targeted strength training exercises rather than something that has me jumping around a lot. Plus, all that strength training will suck everything back in where it was meant to be

Hoping to head to IN the first part of October to see family, so my original goal was to try & be 139, but there's just no way that can happen in 4 weeks. Close as I can get is good enough.

Happy Tuesday, girls!
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #24  
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

fattitude: Where in the world did you find a 36F? I was at a 38H and they've gone down but I got a 36DDD at LaneBryant and they just don't fit in it that well yet. The party sounds so much fun!

Hot: your brother's sound terrifying! I am so glad I'm the oldest. I have 3 brothers but one is 4, the other is 17 (and he could't care less about anyone's dates but his) and the other is 21. But he loves every person he meets. Back in hs I was dating a guy and he started spreading rumors. Though I ditched him and told my family what was going on, my brother was like, but I play videogames with him, he's cool...

I also understand about the humidity. I stepped outside to walk this dog this morning. My hair instantly curled and I had water just dripping from my body. Yay Ohio.

QuietBallerina: Even just the cranberry icecubes sound great!! Well I figured the only way to get over the last one was to meet other's not necessarily rebounding but make myself see that I am not infact going to be alone forever. Just because the last one had different priorities and decided he didn't want me doesn't mean that every single guy is like that. So, I could give them a chance. And so far this one is as far from as the last one as they come. We'll see how it goes I guess.

PinkSparkles: they don't provide sweat towels?

Shelflife: I understand. I just want the sunshine and a body of water. The beginning of fall is : ( It's hot and muggy but too cold for somethings. and there is homework everywhere!

MadisonAve: Good luck with you target!!!

Kahokkuri: Bakery bread is a TERRRIBLE! weakness of mine. I thank god that all of my gamily is too cheap to buy it!
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #25  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

MadisonAve I'll race you to 10 lbs lost!!!

Today was my first day back in the swing of things and it was SO HARD! I have a lot of bad habits to break. And of course I got invited out to dinner tonight for a friend's birthday. Sigh. Oh well.

Hope you all had a good day!
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #26  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Gracie- Welcome into the world of the living! I remember you from quite a while back. I became a vegan in 2009 after reading Skinny B!tch, which I thought made you just that but turned out to be an expose on CAFO's and the atrocious conditions there. I did it for a few months, but then quit because I didn't do proper research and I was tired and weak all the time from my poor diet. Then in January 2012 my boyfriend introduced me to the wonderful dysfunctional family that is pro wrestling and I began reading up on this wrestler who is kind of crazy now but at the time was trumpeting the fact that he was a vegan. Since I had heard about it some time ago, my interest was re-ignited and I've been a vegan off-and-on ever since.

Fattitude- I have no idea, to be honest. I just started phasing it out gradually and then got to the point where I didn't like to eat cheese and eating it made me feel gross. I'm having somewhat of a harder time giving it up now and especially cream-based pastas and Indian food. Let's just say the vegan substitutions for cheese taste like dirty gym socks. :P

pink- Way to go! Thankfully my gym provides sweat towels free for premium members, otherwise it would be a terrible ride home, lol.

MadisonAve- Hope your knees feel better! Good luck on reaching goal soon!
-----
Had a very good Labor Day holiday. My parents and I went to the Greek festival one day and on a riverboat cruise of the Mississippi River one day. It was great playing hometown tourist, even though the boats were kind of nasty-looking, lol.

I go back to school tomorrow after the holiday (teacher's in-service was today). On the upside, I really enjoy the classes this year and look forward to starting again. On the downside, I don't like waking up before the sun rises to go to class. But I can live with it.

I'm having a little bit of a difficult time staying OP but I made it. Today I clocked 10 minutes on the bike and am going into the gym tonight for some lifting and strength-training. I am SO getting cabin fever after being in the house all day, so I'm all over getting out of the house.

Well, I guess I'll do just that. Have a great day/evening/what have you.

Last edited by namaste984; 09-04-2012 at 09:02 PM.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #27  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

Leighish: The first day is always the hardest. Keep it up!

Namaste/Bea: My gym is just the student one on campus. It's only 56 dollars for unlimited use for the whole 8 month school year, so I can't really complain. I'm okay with not having towels for that kind of deal

MadisonAve: I just read about your story on your blog (from the Minigoals forum, I think?) and it's super inspirational. You look great!
-----

I've already got my bag packed for my first day of classes tomorrow.. Doesn't matter how old I am, I always seem to get excited for the first day of school!
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #28  
bee

S/C/G: 265.5/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Leighish: I've had problems with friends wanting to get food. I have found the longer that I have been eating right the easier it is to not indulge, but I'm a person that when eating with other people, whether it is a 300pound man or my 120 pound bestfriend I eat the amount that they eat. It's really hard to control. blah! : ) Have fun with your friends!!

Namaste: Greek festivals are my favorite cultural fests! The food! ah!! so good!!! Namaste: I'm glad waking up that early is worth it! : ) I too start class tomorrow after a 5 day break.

PinkSparkles: that's a great price!! I was checking the gym out at my main campus. $120 per semester! Fortunately, my dad has a family pass to the YMCA so as long as you're a full time student you get in free and to any other YMCA.

------------------------------
Unfortunately, I am not close to any YMCA's at the moment. I'm house sitting for my mom. It's making everything difficult! I haven't done a proper workout in days. I prepared for this, but I am kind of feeling blah from not doing my hour at the gym. and my mom doesn't own a scale so I'm terrified of it.

I do have a 4 hour break at school tomorrow, so I hope to spend a little time at the gym and hopefully check my weight.

Update on the date: He's nice. We went to the driving range, got Chinese (I stayed on plan!! woopwoop!!) He's a little taller than me and a little goofy. We share a weird love of Will Ferrell and we both worked at the same Blockbuster, within months of each other. I just wanted to tell everyone that I am safe and not dead! So, I think the date was successful! Hope everyone's night is going great!
beahawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #29  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Quiet - I'm wishing it was still the weekend, too.

pinksparkles Thanks! I gotta get my butt up and moving so I don't die next weekend on my bike race....but moving sounds like an awful lot of work. LOL

shelflife Any ideas where you're thinking about going for a winter vacay? I'm a winter girl through and through. I get hot and cranky and b*tchy in the summer. I'm a mess. haha!

MadisonAvePhoto How'd you jack your knees? If you want to add any cardio try swimming. Great low impact cardio!

beahawkins There's a store here called "Atlanta Intimacy" and they fit you and then charge you an arm and a leg for a bra. Also, Lane Bryant online sells 38Fs, so sometimes I hit them up. YAY FOR A SUCCESSFUL DATE!!!

namaste984 Yeah, i have a hard time choking down any of the vegan "fake" food. How do you go to a greek festival and not cover every ounce of food with feta cheese? LOL

---------
Today has started off a clusterf*ck.

I managed to either pinch a nerve or pull something in my neck. It hurts horrifically. To the point where I didn't get much sleep. I also didnt go spin last night because of my neck and I don't know if I'll be able to swim tonight either. My husband was a doll and rubbed my neck throughout the night whenever I whimpered in pain.

The only good thing about this is that I have learned my body and when to listen and not to beat myself up over "healing." This isn't the typical injury I have, since it's definitely not sports related, but still.

I also made frozen breakfast burritos last night to bring to work every morning. 100% thought I put the tasty little bugger in my lunch-bag. 100% did not.

I also forgot my splenda in my coffee.

Seriously guys, first world problems.

In a non whiny sense, I'm going to start lifting. It should help my performance in my races and just be really good for me. Besides, I'm going to need to tighten my body up on the reals.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #30  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

is it or is it not completely ridiculous that I dropped 4lbs in water weight in one day?! I'm not complaining, but holy smokers! My kitchen pantry is ill-prepared for my revived diet change. Boo.
------

fatittude: I hope your day improves and hello you are so inspirational! Look at those numbers!!

Bee: It sounds like that date is totally worth a follow up! and you're right, it's so easy to match bite for bite, that's how my husband and I ended up where we are now.

Nameste:I'm with fattitude, if I went to a greek festival it would be spanikopita and baklava for me. and feta cheese. Maybe I'll skip it
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote