Old 09-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

Riestrella

That's fantastic news!!!! Don't worry about your routine now, you first need to get settled, take care of all the "living" issues, and then you can ease into something that will work with your new awesome job!!!! That's so fantastic!!

...and yes, thanks for your support I totally get what you're saying, but I definitely want to be at my best when I go, so I'm using the trip as motivation
1yr2mkovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #32  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1yr2mkovr View Post
Riestrella

That's fantastic news!!!! Don't worry about your routine now, you first need to get settled, take care of all the "living" issues, and then you can ease into something that will work with your new awesome job!!!! That's so fantastic!!

...and yes, thanks for your support I totally get what you're saying, but I definitely want to be at my best when I go, so I'm using the trip as motivation
Thank you! And thanks for the advice, you're very right =). Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, use it as inspiration!! I guess my point was to be don't beat yourself up if you're not perfect you know? Haha, I love that smiley at the end! So fitting!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #33  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Way to go, Rie! It sounds like you got exactly what you wanted, which is all the more impressive in such a short amount of time. I'm hoping to be as successful come springtime, though I'd really prefer to find something not involving any more small children...I have the maternal instincts of a ham sandwich and really don't find them nearly as cute or amusing as most people seem to.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #34  
I can do hard things.

S/C/G: 310/ticker,baby/160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, Rie, I needed that. I've had a much better week since I was honest with myself (and consequently the rest of the Internet), and I'm taking charge.
swanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #35  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaruchan View Post
Way to go, Rie! It sounds like you got exactly what you wanted, which is all the more impressive in such a short amount of time. I'm hoping to be as successful come springtime, though I'd really prefer to find something not involving any more small children...I have the maternal instincts of a ham sandwich and really don't find them nearly as cute or amusing as most people seem to.
Funny thing is is so do I! Never thought I'd be working with kids, I don't even want children! But there was something about getting paid to play with Lego that spoke to my inner child. That school really is about just playing games but keeping it english...awesomesauce. I don't think I have a good enough grasp of the English language to teach adults to be honest, so I think I ended up in the right job.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #36  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanz View Post
Thanks, Rie, I needed that. I've had a much better week since I was honest with myself (and consequently the rest of the Internet), and I'm taking charge.
I'm glad you're finding the benefits of being open about your weight. It is sometimes a scary step to take to admit how much you weigh. I spent about 11 years avoiding the scale, so now that I've recorded my weight hundreds of times it gets easier! And much more satisfying when the weight drops! But it gives you a good idea of what you need to be doing next. Increase on the scale? Time to step it up next week! No point beating yourself up it'll get you no where =)
Old 09-02-2012, 03:23 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 150/150/120

Height: 4'-11 3/4"

I am very excited to begin my weight loss journey with you guys!
hardworkwillpayoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #38  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Hardwork:
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #39  
Health and Happiness

S/C/G: Restart May 2012: 206/161/fit

I'm joining in on this challenge. Good thing I have been fastidiously recording my weight!

I've had a bit of a stall lately and need something to help get me back on track. Hopefully this will do the trick. I have been working out a ton, but quite likely eating a bit too much. Plus its TOM. Back in the weight loss zone I will get!
GardenBurglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:28 AM   #40  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Ooh, good word...am I a weirdo for getting really excited over seeing words that I like in unexpected places? Or even for having words that that I really like? Meh...Welcome aboard, GardenBurglar and hardworkwillpayoff.

I'm so proud of myself...I haven't stepped on the scale in 2 1/2 days. I was to the point where I was staring at it several times a day and getting too wrapped up in it. I don't know how this is going to play out for me, but I guess I'll see at my weigh-in on Thursday. I don't really feel like I've lost any since the last time I logged a number, but then again the sudden realization that I have boobs is kinda making me feel like a whale (I properly measured myself yesterday and came out of the bra shop with 75Fs, or the equivalent of DDs in the US after wearing B-cups forever).
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Riestrella Huuuge congrats on the job! So happy for you! AND for reaching the 140s. And for getting to spend more time with your BF You are owning it in the best way right now

epicskyline Well done for beating the 210s, what an achievement to be able to say you can't remember the last time you were that small, good job!

Cheece I agree that dark tights are always a flattering choice, but I think you look great in both pics! Love the shape of your dress and the pattern sorry to hear your knee is being a pain (literally!) - are there any exercises your doc could tell you to do that would help before you can afford a physio? Hope it gets better for you and have a great time at the wedding!

LeilaJay Wow for losing every week! You're going to reach your goal for sure.

1yr2mkovr I totally know how hard it is to compare yourself to others - but what I see from your post is a lot of positive things. "The girls are all really great people" "I have done well on the achievement front" and "I would really like to go there feeling confident" all strike me as being from a positive person who's got a lot of good things in their life. It's great that you've got a target to use as motivation but remember this challenge is about YOU and how you can feel better about being a healthy happy person. You've got the right attitude, good luck to you achieving YOUR goals!!

swanz Don't be stressed and NEVER be ashamed. We're all here to support, and never to judge. The fact that you're coming back is a really positive step. We all have our off days / weeks / months, but getting back on the wagon and looking forward is the way to succeed. You're losing inches AND probably transferring fat to muscle by working out. I agree with Rie that maybe you should look at a different nutrition plan to get past this stall - fad diets are almost never a good way to lose weight, particularly when you're working out too. Good luck finding what works for you

Hardworkwillpayoff and GardenBurglar WELCOME!

Hotaruchan The realisation of having an ample bosom should be quite the opposite to feeling like a whale! Whales do not have lovely lady lumps! In all seriousness, it's good that you're wearing the right size now, hopefully you'll appreciate how you can wear clothes that flatter a womanly physique. I have a tendency to over-weigh as well, it's good to take a step back sometimes. Good luck for your weigh-in day!

Well, my weight loss at the beginning of this challenge has gone totally out of the window. I was so proud of myself for getting down to my lowest weight this year in week 6, but then managed to put 10lb on in a month. Aaarrghghh!

I slipped back into my old habits of not bothering to exercise and over-eating all the time. I'm determined to have a bit more control this week to get myself back on track, but I'm really struggling with motivation. I know I need to take things one step at a time, which I find really difficult, as I'm very much an all-or-nothing kind of person. I know it's just a case of moderation, and motivation, it's not rocket science, I just need to have some self control and I know I can actually start losing the weight I've been trying to get rid of for over a year.

I didn't go to the gym today, but I did have a healthy breakfast and lunch. I'll have a couple of beers tonight to watch the VERY EXCITING England vs USA roller derby bout being held in London (I didn't get tickets but they're streaming it online, phew!) And then I'll get up and go to the gym tomorrow. I've written it here now, so I HAVE to do it haha otherwise you're all free to give me a severe telling off!

Gosh what a long post, I'll be quiet now
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

Rie
Oh, no... I'm afraid that working with kids this age will do nothing for changing your mind about having children! lol!!!! Good Luck!!!

GB & Hard Work
Welcome!!!

Hotaruchan
lol! Wow, that's pretty good. I have that problem too, but I only manage to stay away from the scale when I know I've gained... The day that I don't weigh myself in the morning is usually the official beginning of my slide down the slippery slope. So I really don't fight it anymore. I like having that gage. If I find that it's no longer working for me, I'll stop. But for now, I like it

Good Luck! (And congrats on the boobs )

milesaway
Thanks for your comments You're right, it is about me and my goals... Though, honestly, when I'm on the treadmill, the thought of getting myself healthy isn't as motivating as the thought of being on the beach with a bunch of models, lol!!!

And don't worry about the small setback, we all go through that. Try to say the same thing to yourself as you did to the other member of the group -- you're on the right track still because you are thinking about your actions, and are doing something about it. Your body will get back there in no time

Last edited by 1yr2mkovr; 09-03-2012 at 12:02 PM.
1yr2mkovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 150/150/120

Height: 4'-11 3/4"

Thanks ladies! I really need the support. My boyfriend and I recently broke up, but when I was in the relationship I was always so insecure and never felt pretty or thin. Which had made me paranoid, and I felt as if he was going to leave me for some skinnier girl. (Skinny girls always looks as if they are having a lot more fun and they are full of energy) I really hope to achieve my goals, and I wish you ladies all the best!
hardworkwillpayoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Hey guys!

I'm so happy that I'm drawing closer to onederland, losing weight feels so hard at times. Sometimes I wonder whether I will be able to reach goal, but I'm so fuelled at the moment. Failure isn't an option. My boyfriend has gone to California for 2 weeks so I'm really sad. We are inseparable! But instead of binging etc I'm going to make sure I lose a good bit so that I feel super great when he gets back.

Ahh just had to vent
Hope everyone is good!!!
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #45  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

Just joined the challenge. I have been off track for awhile and ready to get back on track...
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote