Old 05-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #16  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Munchievictim- YAY for the new low!! And low carb always works for me

I'm really really hoping that once TOM starts I will be seeing a new set of digits since I have been ridiculously on plan with eating and I started P90X this week so I have had some hard core exercising going on. I REALLY want to run another 5K in July and shave at least 10 minutes off my first time! No better time then the present to get things a movin'.
Totally another subject but I think I am going to grow my hair out a little bit since my hairdresser is pregnant. AND my oldest son has Kindergarten roundup on Tuesday(talk about an emotional mess!)
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #17  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys,

Coming back for the first time in awhile. I have let my weight get too high and it's time to do something about it. I recently moved back in with my parents; they are interesting folks for sure. If you have a spare decade I'll tell you all about it.

Anyhoo, I started doing Zumba tonight. I guess I'm not quite in as bad of shape as I thought I was cause I can still get through a 60-minute workout. I'm not sure how the other DVDs will go but I am hoping for some good results.

Today's been a good day, I got baptized at my church (yay!) and my boyfriend and I went to morning service and sunday school. We also went to the mall and to the craft shop. I love to make cards and scrapbook so any day in the craft shop is a good day.

This coming week is finals week, I have three finals back-to-back and then I am going to Philadelphia with my family. Should be fun.

Anyhoo, I'm going to hit the haystack for now but I hope to talk to you tomorrow. Take care.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #18  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Missnini- I love it! I feel amazing and I'm seeing a great rate of loss. I've also been on track since the beginning of April and I've lost 14 lbs so far. I'm thrilled! I feel just as good about taking it slow and having a solid month behind me as I do about losing 14 lbs. I've got a long way to go but I think low carb is going to take me all the way!

Well, today was a "refeed day" because I have an exam tomorrow and I was a little fuzzy, and I'm scared of what the scale will say, but I know it's mostly water weight, and will come off quickly. I don't think I'm going to take a lot of these refeed days because the cravings definitely come roaring back and I'm not sure I can handle them.
Did everyone have a good, on plan day?
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #19  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Had my first day at work today, yay! I even went to the gym and took my healthy packed lunch. All in all, I think it went great. Hopefully tomorrow will be the same! Got the dinner cooking and my pasta ready to make my pasta salad for tomorrow, then I just have to pack my gym gear and my work bag and I am ready to do it all over again lol

Munchie- whats a refeed day? Good luck with your exam! Dont worry about the water weight, stress always makes me gain a little too, it'll come off just fine.

Namaste- welcome back!

BL- shaving 10 mins off is an awesome goal! But why are you growing your hair out because your hairdresser is pregnant? Is it because she is going away? I had some kind of strange image that somehow cutting long hair would be easier for a pregnant woman and realised that doesnt make a lot of sense >.<
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:48 AM   #20  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Took a mental vacation from thinking about food for most of last week. Getting back into the swing of things today because, for various reasons, I'm ready to start feeling better about myself. I've got major self-esteem issues and while I know that lose weight isn't going to solve all my problems, it's certainly the most obvious place to start.

I'm getting back into things about 3kg above the low weight I hit in December. I hope the weather stays nice because that really helps keep my energy up and makes me look forward to working out.
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

samma congratulations!!

Looks like there's a lot of us in school.

Blcarter what is kindergarten roundup?

munchie: what is a refeed day?

Guess I'm full of questions today. My weekend was darn need perfect: All I wanted was a relaxing, low key weekend. I didn't run any errands, didn't make crucial plans...just spent some time by myself. Sometimes I need that to recharge. I wasn't a total lazy bum....but mostly I just tried to enjoy things.

But now it's back to the grind of work and school. Boooo....
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #22  
Don't turn back.

Lol sorry guys- refeed day is when I eat more carbs, about 200g yesterday whereas I'm averaging 30-50g. I got a little out of hand, but I only bounced back up to 249 so I'm not too worried about it.
I am worried about my French final today though- gotta go study, bbl!
Old 05-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

munchie: did you get your fitbit yet?! Tell me everything!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #24  
STREET DOG

I hope she did! I just got my second (first went through the washer last year) and with it came a renewed sense of commitment to my own wellness. So awesome!
Old 05-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Hey everyone and welcome newbies!!

Well, the day finally came! I graduated yesterday with a BA in Elementary Ed.! Yay! I'm so glad that's over...although, I know this is only the beginning. Time to find a teaching job and get started with the rest of my life. I eventually plan on working on my Masters, but I really want to work a few years first or at least find a school that might pay for it...it's so expensive! Anyway, weight loss has been bleh. I'm up, but whatever, I'm not stressing about it. I'm finished with school and it's now time to get back on track with everything.

Namaste - Glad to see you around!

What is a fitbit anyway?
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #26  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys!

Sgregg and Icon- Good to see you guys! I will try to be around as often as I can.

Sgregg- Yayyy way to go on graduating!

Well, it was a very good weekend. I did a Zumba toning workout on Friday night and it was fun but it kicked my butt! I am planning on going to some of the free classes at the rec center in my town since I have a week until I go back to summer school.

My boyfriend and I celebrated one year by taking one-year anniversary photos. They looked really good and were not too expensive, though we had to endure a lot of screaming babies and angry mamas before we could get in to get our photos done. Either way, we will get them in about a week and will get one of them professionally framed to go in our house.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #27  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Hey all! So I officially graduated with my Masters of Science and now officially am a speech language pathologist!! FINALLY after 6 years of school, I am free and can finally work doing what I love! Graduation went great! I had a grad party to go to on saturday which was SO fun! I had an interview at two sites this morning and they went awesome. Apparently the one person who interviewed me already emailed the coordinator back with great feedback. So this time things are looking great!

I go to the bahamas on sunday. WHEEE!!!

Diet wise....it's been no bueno, but I'm okay with that right now. No need to stress myself, and when I get back from Atlantis, I will be starting Insanity. No more pushing things back!

SGregg: congrats on graduating!!

looks like everyone have been busy bees!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #28  
STREET DOG

Thought I was doing really well with my plan this week, but just checked my FitBit stats and apparently my calorie deficit for the whole week was only 948kcal! I'm not sure how that adds up, since I've had a deficit of 750kcal every week except yesterday, but it's a little disheartening. I feel like I've been on plan with both food and exercise, but the statistics (and my weight) disagree. Frustrating!
Old 05-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #29  
Don't turn back.

Sgregg and sammalamma- way to go on graduation!

Okay, well I got my fit Bit the day I came home for holidays so now I can't set it up until we go back home! I wish I could set it up on my iPad. I'm sooo excited to use it and frustrated that I can't.
Being home is hard. I'm basically just maintaining. I'm eating well but then I'll have a drink, or a slice of pizza. I feel like my grandmother, who I'm staying with, is watching everything I eat because she knows I'm dieting, and I feel like the slow loss I'm trying to be okay with, because it's best, is not good enough for my family or my doctor. I also haven't been on here and I think that's why I've felt somewhat unmotivated. I have been exercising more, and I got some Nike dual fusion sneakers today that I love. So I don't feel bad about my progress, but I feel like my grandmother expects more. Or expects me to fall off the wagon and fail like I usually do. Shes wonderful and it's not her fault, but it's difficult.
Also, no one noticed my loss, but that's okay because I haven't lost enough on my frame to be noticeable. I don't even think I look any different.

Last edited by munchievictim; 05-15-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #30  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Employment! Huzzah!

I just got offered the job that I interviewed for on Monday!! Finally all of my hard work is paying off!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote