Old 03-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #76  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

So I'm involved in a weight loss competition at work. It's kind of like The Biggest Loser except nobody gets eliminated. I found out today that I'm in second place out of about 30 people. Now I'm even more motivated....to hire somebody with a crow bar to take out #1 It'd be nice to be #1 but I'm just happy to be doing well at all.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #77  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Sorry I'll reply to people personally soon I just need to vent a little..

Antibiotics I've been on for 2 weeks still haven't worked so there's 1 more group to try, I'll be starting them tomorrow and fingers crossed I'm not allergic as I'm running out of options after that/have definitely run out of options. I feel like I'm being left to die on a waiting list for surgery at this point just because I don't have money. It feels so unfair. So if I'm allergic/they don't work I'm going to have to go into a hospital and refuse to leave until they sort it out. I don't think I can do anything else. I feel so so hopeless and upset. When a Doctor responds by saying "I don't know" it's not great. I've had this infection for over a year so I hope it hasn't really spread anywhere, I've mostly just felt like crap for the year (which was part of the reason I was comfort eating). Bleeehghhg. Sorry for ranting.

Hope you're all doing well, March seems to have gone by pretty fast.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

LeilaJay - Yes, March has gone by really fast. I'm sorry about the whole antibiotic thing. I will keep you in my prayers that something will be done soon! It's not fair, I know....hang in there and keep your head up. Something will come through.

leighish - Go you! #2! That's awesome!

torito - Well, you know how stress can mess up your weight loss. Just stay on plan and it will drop.

Rie - I would so like to work out...I just don't want to do it at 4:30 in the morning! Haha! Things will be a little easier when school gets out...I hope so anyway and I'm sure I'll be able to squeeze in something while Marley is napping or at the babysitter's for a couple of days a week.

Well, so much for staying on plan. I just totally screwed it up this week. AF is supposed to be here right now...according to my BC pills...but I guess she's going to just torture me with her signs instead. I've been wanting to eat everything I see. Anyway, I went to GAP today and just tried on a pair of 16's just to see how they fit. Oh my goodness, they came up and they zipped AND buttoned!!!! I tried on 2 different pairs and got them on with no problems. Talking about one excited lady here. Ha! I didn't buy them, but I will one day. It's definitely motivation being able to get into a smaller size because now I just want to stay on track and not get any bigger and buy smaller clothes!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #79  
Awesome

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

sgregg, I know exactly what you mean. I can't justify spending a lot of money on clothes right now when I KNOW I'm just going to need new ones a month and a half later. In another thread, someone recommended leggings as great in-between pants that last through a couple of sizes.

LeilaJey, oh my, you poor, poor thing. I hope this last round of antibiotics works.

leighish, well done, you! I wish we had something similar in my office, but I'm one of only three overweight people out of our office of twenty. I can't complain, though; with everyone else so healthy and fit, it's not hard to behave the same.

torito, that stress is a KILLER. I spent two months trying to lose weight with severe stress and lack of sleep last year, and finally gave up after losing only 4lbs in two and a half months. Take some time for yourself this weekend and recharge. You've earned it.

I've been back in the gym for cardio this week. My ribs are much better, thank you, everyone; I've really had to fight myself not to pop into the weightroom after class until next Monday. I'm eating under maintenance again. It'd be pretty cool to see a loss this week, but I'm not hedging my bets, as my TOM is about to be upon me. HOWEVER, I weighed in at my month's goal last week, so I'm not too fussed.

Does anyone else have a fitness and weight loss tumblr they use or one they follow and would like to recommend? I've been obsessed with reading them lately and have even tentatively started my own.

Last edited by bopbot; 03-23-2012 at 11:04 PM.
bopbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #80  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

HEY LAADDIEEESSS!
Stood on the scale today, and I went from 145.8 to 142.8. THREE POUNDS!! I know I had the stomach bug on tuesday, but from thursday on I was eating normally, and yesterday I went out to dinner with my boyfriend where I had fish and chips and a good ole' beer. (the Irish pub that I love is closing it's doors this weekend, so it was my last time there.) So I think this is legit, and it's the boost that I've been needing! I went to the grocery store and bought some healthy snacks and different things to make for lunches. I like making this healthy variation of a chicken gyro, so I'm planning on eating those for lunch along with salads. Anyway, I hope this loss is here to day. TOM is coming this week, so I hope it's not going to damper my progress. I don't have any temptations around, so I should be fine!

Other than that, nothing thrilling has happened. I got The Hunger Games triology on my kindle, and I'm HOOKED! I finished the first book in a day and a half. Now I'm onto the second one. I love when I get into a great book because I don't do pointless snacking. Plus it's just fun.

LeilaJay: That's just a downright shame, and I can understand that it's beyond frustrating! I truly hope things work out for you!

Leighish: Yahoo on making second place!! Keep kicking butt!!

sgregg: congrats on the Gap jeans!!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #81  

Okay, ladies. I'm getting with the program tomorrow. I'm counting those calories and I'm sticking with it. I want my 16s to be loose on me by graduation (May 12). I always feel so determined at night when I'm sitting down and thinking about all the food I have eaten in a day...bleh. This weekend has sucked. I've been so tired the past couple of days. I could have just slept all day. Unfortunately, my kids won't let me do that.

Samma - congrats on your 3 lbs! That's awesome! I read the trilogy. I thought it was pretty good and it definitely kept me interested. I'm reading the Mill River Recluse right now on my Kindle. So far, so good.

bopbot - I just don't know if I could do leggings. Ha! I can just see myself in them and it's not a pretty site...lol!!! Besides, we aren't allowed to wear them at the elem. school. But, yes, don't want to spend a bunch of money on new jeans.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #82  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies, could do with some advice right about now!

I've been with my bf for 2 years, I've known him for 10 - he's my best friend and I trust him with my life. I really do. We're in a long distance relationship now, I'm sure all of you will remember my big countdown to see him in America in February after 7 months of not seeing him! Well anyway, he's now moved to Japan, and I can't help but feel really...weird about it all.

I'm really proud of him and I support him completely in his journey to become an ALT in Japan - it's what he's wanted for a while now to live in Japan and become fluent in the language. I'm even going out there myself in August to do the same as him, I have my own reasons but I can't lie and say it's nothing to do with him being there too.

Anyway, I just feel like a hormonal teenage girl! I get miserable when I don't hear back from him, like he's doing something so fun and exciting and I'm just doing what I always do here. Sometimes I can feel like I'm boring, I have this bad habit of comparing myself to my teenage self - who used to draw, write, play music and be generally a lot more creative than my current self! I know that I'm glamorising that period of my life, because at the time I was miserable with who I was and never had any confidence.

But yeah, I'm just feeling a bit fragile at the moment. The worst part of this is that I feel like he might finish things with me...and it's just crazy because I know he won't and he does tell me he loves me and he can't wait to see me but there's this annoying side of myself that creates this drama! Argh. I hate being me sometimes!

I just hate hanging on waiting for an email, I just want to do something big and exciting to prove to myself that I'm not pathetic. I love film and I have a good film camera now, so maybe I should make a film? I do wish I could tap into my creative side more often, I think I just waste a lot of time doing nothing. It does feel like he's "ahead" of me in a way and it's making me worry about my own self worth. It's nothing he's said or done, he really is a wonderful boyfriend, I'm just a neurotic woman apparently!

Sorry about the rant, ladies!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:19 AM   #83  
keep going

Thanks ladies! I'm on yet another antibiotic. 2 at once now. So no dairy and no being out in the sun and no drinking (not even using mouthwash) and the weather in Ireland is perfect and sunny (which never happens) hah, but other than all of that I'm starting to feel a bit more optimistic about it all. Just tired mostly.

sgregg: that's fantastic, it must be a great feeling! Happy for you.

bopbot: ouch, take care of yourself. Well done on meeting goal early too, I met mine last week as well. It's a good feeling alright.

sammalamma: Congratulations on your loss! 3 pounds is really great.

Riestrella: Hey, that sounds like a pretty normal reaction to the situation. I'm sure he's just excited and adjusting to being there, it doesn't mean that he's forgetting you or moving on even if he is a little slower in contacting you. And you're not pathetic at all. Making a film sounds like a great idea, sometimes you just need the push to do it! Worrying yourself isn't going to make the time go any faster. Soon you'll be together again. I've felt like this about a boyfriend before, that he was moving along and I was just completely lost and I sort of resented him a bit for it (I hate to admit it).
Old 03-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #84  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

LeilaJey - Thank you for your advice, you're completely right, and after I posted that things have been a lot better. I think it's just me who feels off because of what I'm doing in life, which is nothing of true importance to me while he's doing something awesome. But, I can make things awesome I just need to go and do it.
Ireland's got good weather too? Dayum, England is getting hit by the sun and has been for a week! It's been really nice, can't believe it's MARCH! I'm sure we'll be having some torrential rain soon enough.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #85  
keep going

Riestrella Sometimes just writing it out clarifies it in your head! Glad you're feeling better about it.

Yeah the weather is perfect. Not a cloud in the sky. Unfortunately the antibiotics I'm on have increased my chances of burning and even though I'm covered in SPF I still started going red. Just my luck haha.. oh well, hopefully it'll be nice again. Yikes.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

Hey everyone!!! Sorry I havent been on in forever it seems ive just been crazy busy with all sorts of stuff....as mentioned before looking for job, house hunting, and dealing with social assistance and having a 10 month old running around crying and screaming and ...well being a 10 month old doesnt help the stress factor which is part of the reason why I think the weight isnt coming off right now.... usually if Im really stressed I can gain up to 20lbs in a very short period of time... (part of that stress eating) but Im glad im just maintaining rather then gaining -_-

Aiden turned 10 months old yesterday and all four of those nasty teeth are through so hes been sleeping much better and all is good. Altho hes picked up this bad habit of my neices while we stayed there for a week.... hes starting to hit! yes when we were there shed come right up to him and slap him across the face.... and you could tell it was purposely hitting and not just excited baby hitting. so me and her mom started tapping her hand and saying no no hitting and shed do it again... and Aiden would cry and get upset and was fine all week but when we got home... the hitting started :/ so now I have to teach him not to hit and to not bite (she bites too).

Because of all the crap going on with social assistance and my maternity leave benefits being done Im pretty much broke for April until social assistance kicks in May 1st. So I went grocery shopping today and for the first time in my life i bought tons and tons of mr noodles and kraft dinner... unhealthy yes I know but I dont have much of a choice for this month.. I still have frozen veggies and stuff in the house so idk maybe ill make a salad with it or throw some green beans in the KD lol :x

Other then all of the previously mentioned things weve pretty much been having a normal week.... Got Aidens friend Logan's 1st birthday party on Friday and his dad is coming over this weekend... so should be a fun weekend. I spent 3.5 hours cleaning the house today top to bottom.... being stressed out and everything caused the chores to go on the wayside... just didnt feel like doing them.... but everythings good now and were off to the park because after 2 weeks of beautiful 70 degree weather weve been getting some pretty chilly days and today is the only 70 degree days in the forcast.... off we goooo!!! have great day everyone!!!!!!!
candice1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

leighish how is the work competition going?

Leila I can only imagine how frustrating it is to deal with doctor's that don't know how to "fix" you. I hope things start working out soon!

samma Awesome!! Good for you! I have that trilogy too. Haven't had time to read it yet.

Rie wish I had some advice, but you are doing MUCH better in the relationship dept than me.

NYC was a lot of fun! The show (Newsies) was fantastic. Wish the trip had been longer...because my friend and I didn't leave til 10am Saturday, and we drove, (and stopped for lunch) we didn't get there til...3 or 4 pm. And we met his sister and her husband for a drink...which made us nearly late for dinner...and service was AWFUL (but food was yummy!) so we were almost late for the show....needless to say, I was a little bit on edge til we were in our seats. Drove back Sunday.

Anyway...I'm looking forward to the weekend. No plans. But a break from work will be nice. lol
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #88  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Hey ladies, could do with some advice right about now!

I've been with my bf for 2 years, I've known him for 10 - he's my best friend and I trust him with my life. I really do. We're in a long distance relationship now, I'm sure all of you will remember my big countdown to see him in America in February after 7 months of not seeing him! Well anyway, he's now moved to Japan, and I can't help but feel really...weird about it all.

I'm really proud of him and I support him completely in his journey to become an ALT in Japan - it's what he's wanted for a while now to live in Japan and become fluent in the language. I'm even going out there myself in August to do the same as him, I have my own reasons but I can't lie and say it's nothing to do with him being there too.

Anyway, I just feel like a hormonal teenage girl! I get miserable when I don't hear back from him, like he's doing something so fun and exciting and I'm just doing what I always do here. Sometimes I can feel like I'm boring, I have this bad habit of comparing myself to my teenage self - who used to draw, write, play music and be generally a lot more creative than my current self! I know that I'm glamorising that period of my life, because at the time I was miserable with who I was and never had any confidence.

But yeah, I'm just feeling a bit fragile at the moment. The worst part of this is that I feel like he might finish things with me...and it's just crazy because I know he won't and he does tell me he loves me and he can't wait to see me but there's this annoying side of myself that creates this drama! Argh. I hate being me sometimes!

I just hate hanging on waiting for an email, I just want to do something big and exciting to prove to myself that I'm not pathetic. I love film and I have a good film camera now, so maybe I should make a film? I do wish I could tap into my creative side more often, I think I just waste a lot of time doing nothing. It does feel like he's "ahead" of me in a way and it's making me worry about my own self worth. It's nothing he's said or done, he really is a wonderful boyfriend, I'm just a neurotic woman apparently!

Sorry about the rant, ladies!
Riestrella, just wanted to give you a big hug! Feel free to PM me about all this, I've been an ALT and I have a pretty good idea of what his life is like over there.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #89  

Hey ladies! I wanted to pop in real quickly and let you know that I'm down a little bit today! Woohoo! Also, the university is having a teacher recruitment day today and I'm going. Wish me luck! I'll give you an update later!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #90  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

leighishcongrats on doing so well at your works BL
Leila wow I’m sorry to hear you’re having such a rough time. Hugs. I hope these new antibiotics work
bopbot thanks for the advice! I didn’t really get to take time for myself, as it was my last weekend with my nephew but I refused to open up my textbooks. It was a gorgeous weekend so we went bike riding and to the park, then bam, Mondays weigh in was much better
Glad to hear your rib is feeling better, and that you’re doing well with eating again. I don’t follow anyone on tumblr, though I have checked out ‘undressed skeleton’ and she seems alright. I follow a few blogs though, and I agree about the obsession - I’m always googling to find new ones to read
Samantha congrats on the loss!! That’s great! I LOVE the hunger games, I got all 3 books on my ipad, and I had them read in like 4 days over Christmas break. My mom made fun of me that I was so tired because I stayed up reading them. I want to see the movie pretty badly, but I have to wait for a day that my sister and I are both free, and I’d like to reread it again to be able to accurately compare.
ries I’m glad to hear that writing it out helped make you feel better. I know it’s difficult when you know you are thinking somewhat irrationally, but you cant shake it from your head. You know he loves you, and you love him. It’s just a new exciting thing for him, so maybe for a little while you may seem like you’re on the back burner but you still know he loves you very much. The biggest thing I learned about doing LD for 2 years was, if he didn’t want to be with me we wouldn’t be doing it. Making a film sounds like a great idea too! You should never doubt your self worth, you’re amazing and just because it may seem like he’s ahead of you does not mean he is – life is not a race. Take a breath, and remember that you’re awesome too.
Candice congrats on maintaining during a stressful time! That does sound very stressful, and I’m sorry to hear about Aiden picking up bad habits. I’m sure with time he’ll unlearn them (and learn that it’s wrong to hit!). You can add lots of things to KD to make it healthier! Broccoli, green beans, cauliflower, pretty much any veggie! I’d suggest making it like 80% veg 20% kd if you’re going to be eating it.
sgregg good luck! (tho I’m sure you don’t need it) and congrats on the loss!

So my week was much better than last week. I had 0 midterms so it was nice to relax a little bit. My nephew left on Sunday and I miss him soo much. I gave blood again yesterday (for those that remember my terrible experience last time with the guy beside me having a seizure, and me getting slightly anemic so I had to stop the donation early) and it went much better yesterday. I was nervous going in, thinking that maybe it wasn’t because of the guy last time, and that I wasn’t going to be able to finish again. But it went great, and it only took me 6 minutes, which is really fast for a 2nd timer. AND the lady wrote on my paper athletic pulse because it was so low! And hop on the scale and I had lost a pound doing it. I have another midterm on Monday, and unfortunately it’s physics which I have to do well on because I didn’t do so well on the first one so I'll be spending all weekend on that.
torito is offline   Reply With Quote