Old 02-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #31  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

How do you get back to getting serious? I am soooooooooo NOT motivated. It is time to change my ticker to 168. Maybe it is the Winter time bluessssss.

My goal right now is not to go over 170 until the motivation returns.

I refuse to gain back all that weight I lost just to do the losing thing all over again.

Let's get through the winter together.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Oh dear lord how many times I have done this since my son was born in 03. It was hard for me to come to terms with I am not one of those skinny chicks that only gains a little weight while pg and loses it right away. I was 120lbs all through high school I played a lot of sports and litteraly ate anything I wanted then when I was 19 I got pregnant with my first son and continued to eat anything I wanted, man oh man what a 70lb mistake that was I put on the weight at an ungodly speed. Then struggled to lose it after that. Then I managed to go from about 190 down to 160 before I got married in 05 to my childhood sweetheart and boyfriend for 4 years and then got pregnant again when I gave birth to my second son 3 years latter I was at 213. I got down to 180 than slowly crept back up until I hit 250 not sure how the **** I let that happen but I did. Then I started to lose again got down to about 215 and got knocked up one more time :P I tell ya we would be like those people with 19 going on however many had I not got my tubes tide. ( I have been pg a total of 8 time with 5 loses) anyway I only gained a small amount of weight the third go and started losing it quickly with atkins I got down to about 170 and then (insert long story) I am back at 195 well 190 because I have currently lost 5 lbs. I am sticking with atkins and joined a gym I start tomorrow. This is it for me I am getting to old for this crap lol I want to be healthy and feel good about my self again because it has been entirely to long!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #33  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Oh I am so glad...this is so me, I keep gaining and loosing the same 15-20 lbs, BAH!!!
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #34  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeLoserAgain View Post
How do you get back to getting serious? I am soooooooooo NOT motivated.
Honestly, I have felt like this for months and months and I gained back 40 pounds.

Even when my fiancé proposed I just couldn't get motivated - even though it is super depressing to think I gained back all the weight I lost and I want to lose it again before we get married - I just couldn't get motivated. So it's been 6 months and I just had to get up and just do it or I won't be getting married for years lol.

I track my calories, I exercise when I can. Even if I don't want to BUT the motivation is coming back.

For Valentine's Day my fiancé got me a FitBit and it has also really helped - at least with the moving more. I like to reach all my goals - I am a numbers girl, I want it to hit 10,000 steps everyday and it is helping. I am finding because I am exercising more I am feeling better about myself and eating better and trying harder.

So all I can say is don't think about - just do it.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 160/145.5/135

Height: 5ft 3

I overate my calories (like literally 2000-2200 a day and not much exercise) for the past 6 days. I'm so annoyed at myself. I let myself go back to emotional eating to cope with stress.

Okay what is done is done. I'm not going to let this make me gain back all the 8lb I've lost since the start of the year. I might be 159lb now... heavier than I was, but it's better than being 165lb. Gonna get right back on track!!

Gotta learn and keep moving!
Em123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:32 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

Binge......

Believing
I'm
Not
Good
Enough

Heard it at a meeting. Loved it. Had to share.
abbysue715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:27 AM   #37  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Hi all. I have been having a couple of carb heavy days but I am over it. My friends and I are going to Miami in July and I need to be close to goal by then. I don't have time to waste. I am back on plan.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:29 AM   #38  

Height: 5'4"

I hate feeling compelled to binge. I don't understand why it happens. I feel so gross, but it really does seem like it's unstoppable. Even if I go a long time without doing it, I always seem to start again. I don't want to live like that anymore. I know that life can be better. Today has been kind of crappy, but I know that I can hang in there and build a healthy lifestyle. What's sad is I usually make it the whole day now without a problem, but the night time trips me up. It is occurring to me as I type this that I could maybe schedule events in the evening that prohibit me from eating. Perhaps I could even do routine tasks in a place that I couldn't find foods to abuse. Hmmmm.....

On a related note, does anyone else have a close loved one whose home you now avoid due to bad foods? My mom is very obese and tends to incorporate me into her unhealthy habits when I go over to her house. She likes to order in, usually from a local Italian restaurant. We get appetizers, salads, bread, and an entre. Then we of course have treats. I don't want to eat like this anymore. It just throws me off and makes me feel worthless and beaten down. If I am going to indulge, I want it to be an event, not soggy take out. :-( I feel bad, though, because I don't see my parents enough.
SensualSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:50 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 220/169/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4a5r View Post
My fears with weight loss surround the idea of not being good enough. My binges are ways of losing self control - they tell me that I am not good enough or strong enough to eat healthy. It is almost as if I enjoy that feeling. It is self-loathing and it is all I know.

In coming to terms with these feelings, I am beginning to understand one thing. I am good enough. My mind is tricking itself saying I am not good enough because then I force myself to fail. If I fail, I gain weight. And if I gain weight, I hold myself back from really experiencing life. There are so many things I want do that I do not allow myself to because of my weight. Losing weight means losing those excuses and those vulnerabilities. If I lost the weight, I wouldn't have anything holding me back or making me afraid. And that scares me, for some reason. For some, that would be liberating. For me, it is terrifying. Having nothing holding me back? Actually having to experience life? That, to me, is frightening.
This totally stood out to me.. Maybe if you get the chance read the thread I just started called "Self Sabotage..?" The whole aspect of fears, and why it holds us back is fascinating. I recently realized what my biggest fear was. What I call our "invisible wall" It's weird how scared we can be of actually succeeding in what we want.. I know how you feel. This is so tough, but I know you can do this! I also have to say your avatar stood out to me, you're gorgeous!!

SensualSiren I'm in the same boat. I can do great all day, and then night hits and it's like I'm about to go to the chair. I suddenly have to eat everything in sight. So weird
bsbgirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #40  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Luv it! Something I need to say to myself when I have a weak moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbysue715 View Post
Binge......

Believing
I'm
Not
Good
Enough

Heard it at a meeting. Loved it. Had to share.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #41  
SanityNow

Worthless and beaten down ... Yup, that sums it up how I too feel after I eat for the wrong reasons

Last edited by SanityNow; 02-29-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #42  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I work nights. I have made it a habit to not eat a big meal in the middle of the night. I only snack on almonds, fruit, yogurt, cereal, and keep up the fluids. I think if I just start counting the calories I just might get started in the losing mode.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:35 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 174/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1

I want to jump on this thread as well.

My issue with weight began when I was a kid. I was never good enough, skinny enough for my mom/family. Being from an Asian background, my friends and relatives were always smaller and petite. And then there was me, a chubby Asian kid. My family would not have it, esp my mom. She criticized me since I was a child. Always saying I need lose weight, not eat this / that, I have such a pretty face etc...

During jr high/hs I was always around a size 7. But college came, my first time away from home and I did go a little wild with my new found freedom. My mom wasn't there to criticize my eating, my weight, etc. I ate and drank, and enjoyed my college life. I gained about 30 pounds during college and then moved home and started working and the weight kept creeping up.

I'm at my highest weight 170, at a 5'2 frame, its a far cry from what I want to be at.

I have been taking changes to my lifestyle, incorporating a trainer, eating healthy and I hope I can finally make this change. Its hard but I hope I can get through the hump and keep on moving.

Gluck to everyone here and I will come by this thread to keep you guys updated.
jlee1284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 285/274.0/150.0

Height: 5'3

Default The Last Time

My husband gave me a kick in the butt yesterday. I told him that I'm going to start dieting again and I asked him if I lost 100 pounds if we could start having kids. He said yes Then he continued to tell me that he really wants me to lose the weight. He wants me to be able to wear my wedding ring comfortably, he wants there to not be a dip in the bed, and he wants to be able to give me a piggy back ride up the hill when I get drunk with my sister (she lives down the street) and can't walk home. So...needless to say I've been an emotional wreck for two days. So, this is the last time. I'm doing it for me, and for him, and for the opportunity to have kids. I'm hoping that I can lose the 200 pounds in two years because then we can start TTC on our fifth anniversary, our third anniversary is tomorrow. I like this thread....
trailerprincess13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

wow, this is definitely the thread for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualSiren View Post
The worst part for me is that I don't even enjoy losing the weight that I gained because I was trying to lose before I gained it. So every pound I lose I think, "Whatever. It used to be X." Then I just gain it all back again because I'm so discouraged.
this is exactly my problem! i keep telling myself that every pound i re-lose is "no big deal" because i've seen that number on the scale when i lost before.

luckily, i've been back on track since the beginning of this past february. i weighed myself and saw that i was the biggest i'd ever been. no more self-sabotaging for me! i'm moving to hawaii for school at the top of next year, and i'm aiming to be at goal by then.

thanks for starting this thread, h4a5r!
gigantosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote