Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #421  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

You look really great Philana! Love your clothes. Sometimes a picture is really what you need to shake it up. I took a picture of myself too and my belly wasn't as bad as I thought it was.

And yeah about the tallness. My sister is 6'1 and I remember being in Holland and this Dutch couple towering over her haha, they were huuuuuuge.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Awesome pic philana! Your hard work is definitely paying off.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #423  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Wow Philana, you look awesome!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #424  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I have to echo everyone else and say Philana, you're looking amazing!! I don't see a ounce of fat on you, your hard work is definitely paying off

I think I mentioned in this thread that I was going to start to do insanity instead of going to the gym 5 days a week. I've been going to the gym for 5 days a week for 4 months now, with 3 days a week doing cardio and 2 days a week doing weights - but always kind of switching it up, like increasing my speed on the treadmill, increasing my weights that I'm lifting etc.
So I got home from school today, plug my tv into my computer and pull up insanity. Well... I sucked at it. I think I'm just not cut out for at home workouts. I have the stamina I guess I just get... bored? During each move I'd just decide to stop. I got frustrated by myself, went and got dinner ready then decided to start it over and try again. Same thing. So I went and laced up my running shoes and went for a run instead. At least I didn't just give in to the laziness...
but now I don't know if I should try again tomorrow, or just call it a bust and keep going to the gym 5 days a week and study when I can. sigh.
Any advice?
Old 05-01-2012, 01:03 AM   #425  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Did you feel like this when you started exercising? It could be the same thing and once you get into a routine with it, you'll enjoy it more I'd stick with it for a few weeks and see if your opinion changes about it...Unless its really bugs you that much
Old 05-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #426  
Feed the muscle

S/C/G: 225/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

My advice? Suck it up. Insanity is a really hard workout, so I think it might be easy to confuse 'Oh god this is too hard, I'm really not into this, I don't even want to try' with 'boredom' Our brains are really adept and fooling ourselves. In the gym it's really easy to not go hard and take super long breaks, but with a workout vid, it's either you're keeping up or you're not. Dig deep!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:07 AM   #427  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

torito - What did you want from Insanity? I did it because I couldn't run due to the weather and didn't enjoy running in the wind and rain. So it was my source of cardio workout. Because of that I was really dedicated to doing it properly, so I committed to it and I got results. It's one of the best workouts I've ever done in my life, but if my heart wasn't in I would have sucked. Sounds to me that you're head's not in it, because you're getting bored and giving up.

MOTIVATION TIME!

Last edited by Riestrella; 05-03-2012 at 05:07 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #428  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

baker - no I've never felt like this with the gym, but that may be because I went to the gym on and off since I was 15. But thanks, I will keep at it

meltaway - I don't think thats what my brain is doing, and I have never once taken a super long break at the gym, or not gone hard. I probably go harder at the gym seeing as I'm at the gym, I may as well make it worth my while

ries - I wanted to start doing insanity instead of going to the gym, because I have finals coming up so going to the gym after school and not getting home till 7pm is harder when I have lots of studying to do. Maybe that is why my head may not be in it, because I would rather be at the gym. I did it again today, and didn't seem to have the same problem because I didn't have the choice to go out for a run (raining too hard) or go to the gym.
Thanks for the motivation pictures!! I'll be going bikini shopping soon, so maybe if more people post theirs I'll post mine!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #429  
Sarah

Scale dropped to 179 today 0.o...I think thats a 5 pound loss in the past 3 weeks 0__o

I have my first date tomorrow with an amazing guy I met through online dating. Hiking and frozen yogurt =D...We've already chatted the past few nights on Skype so no surprises, same with adding on FB..Wish me luck

Last edited by baker23; 05-03-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #430  

S/C/G: 232/ticker!/155

Height: 5'8"

Wow baker! That is so exciting! Congrats on the loss and good luck with your date!! I hope it will be amazing! Hiking and froyo = PERFECT date!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #431  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Oooh have fun baker! And huge congrats on the drop in scale! That's incredible. Things are pretty awesome in your life right now. Tell us how your date goes!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #432  
Crazygurl61

Hi Everyone! I am slowly but steadily working towards my first weekly may goal of 137 by Monday...as of today I'm .8 lbs away. Yay!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #433  
Sarah

The date was fantastic Spent a few hours walking around on trails after frozen yogurt, talking, laughing(aLOT) and just having a good time.... We are going out again next week. At the end of the night he kissed my cheek and asked if it was ok So sweet...

crazygurl61-Thats fantastic...keep up your great work
Old 05-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #434  
Crazygurl61

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker23 View Post
The date was fantastic Spent a few hours walking around on trails after frozen yogurt, talking, laughing(aLOT) and just having a good time.... We are going out again next week. At the end of the night he kissed my cheek and asked if it was ok So sweet...

crazygurl61-Thats fantastic...keep up your great work
Aww! Thanks. What a sweet date....swoon! My now husband asked the same thing on our first date :-)
Old 05-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #435  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

thanks for all the compliments you guys! it really made me smile!

Just a short "I'm still here" message before I don't post too long and then feel weird popping back in. I had TOM and basically just went offtrack for like 5 days. Not super badly but still. It got worse because I had 2 very busy days with a night-shift at the end of them and at my second night-shift I got seriously ill. Tummy issues and queezy. Lasted till this morning but I got some good food in today and I hope it helps. My tummy still feels weird. I just ran 10k/6miles though and it was nice, except for my heartrate spiking a few times for no reason and my breathing just being weird. UHG. It's annoying hwen your body is not doing what you want it to. But then - I should eat healthy and it will again eventually. Hihi.

So, I need a new may-goal, it really worked in April. I think 130lbs would be a good goal. Though maybe a bit too ambitious. But to finally finally weigh 59kg again would be just awesome.

Baker: awesome to hear about your date. That sounds really like a perfect date. Love your avatar pic!
Closed Thread