Old 11-07-2011, 08:16 AM   #16  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I'm currently a 38G, and when I was 180 pounds I was a 34GG. The didn't get smaller at all, and I lost 70 pounds my first time around. Of course I guess that isn't much help because my breasts aren't small....but I'm just saying sometimes they don't get smaller no matter how much you wish they would (lol).
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #17  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

You never know what will happen to the "girls" When I was size 5 my bra size was still a 36D. I'm a 38DD right now so they will probably still drop I haven't lost any bra size so far (that's only because I have been wearing a bra that was way too TIGHT on me, now it fits!) so it's probably in the next 50lbs or so.

But don't let that sway you from losing weight and getting healthy! I would much rather have less fat on my body and no boobs and be healthy. There are ways to manage small boobs, like a padded bra. But OMG I WOULD LOVE to have no boobs, I'd be braless ALL THE TIME! LOL

Last edited by InsideMe; 11-07-2011 at 08:37 AM.
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:44 AM   #18  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

It's really interesting how many women here have and haven't had their breasts shrink. I wonder if some of us have more breast tissue vs fat tissue in our breasts? Either way, it's just interesting how it's completely different for everyone

My mother keeps saying I am not a D cup anymore and mentions that my breasts are smaller now. They are, but they've gone down with my bust size, and as I said I should actually be an E cup if you go strictly by measurements so they haven't gotten that much smaller! I tried on a C cup to amuse her and I could not breathe, so that didn't work

I'm a bit jealous of my friends with Bs or Cs. It seems all the cute bras are in their sizes and right off the rack. The discount stores have an overabundance of Bs and Cs too....the Ds only come in the larger band sizes at discount stores.

Last edited by sontaikle; 11-07-2011 at 09:42 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #19  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
I went from a DD to an a/b cup. Now, I have settle into a solid B.

My thoughts? It is much easier to wear a padded bra than to hide 50 pounds! Dont let it deter you from getting fit!
Love it! I feel the same way.

It was sad to see my boobies go...went from a solid D to now a small B. BUT...Victoria's "Secret" is that your boobs can still look awesome in the right bra! LOL And it feels GOOD to be smaller, even if that means smaller breasts.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #20  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nest View Post
Runningfromfat - I've never had a measurement in my entire life so it is entirely possible that that isn't the size that I'm supposed to wear. I must say though that that has been what has fit since I was 12 and even now I am not someone who carries weight on my back or around my chest...I've got the lower inner tube going on. Also, I have been described as "broad chested", "barrel chested" and "built like a linebacker" - at my lowest weight when wearing 7/8 pants. I am not a proportional chick! So you could well be right but considering the closest store that even sells bras (wal-mart) is an hour away and I am not going to get my bra measured by the formerly retired lady who opens the dressing room I just go with what works! Thanks for the thought though...maybe a trip to a nice store and a bra measurement will be a treat when I reach some goals!
You can actually measure at home just to get a general idea. Measure tightly underneath your underbust to get your band size (if you are inbetween two sizes then you might want to try both).

The bust size is tricker and I'd suggest three methods and trying bras in all of those sizes:

1. Measure over your bust with your best fitting bra, making sure the tape measure is parallel to the floor.
2. Measure leaning forward without a bra across your back and nipples
3. Measure laying down without a bra on across your nipples.

I get 3 different measurements for those and my actual size seems to be right between 1 and 2. However, it can give you a good starting point even if you only have walmart around.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #21  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nile1988 View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate it. I was just thinking on a small breast woman who is overweight that the breast would shrink into noting once I lost the weight..but of course there are stuff out there to help if that situation should come up.

runningfromfat: As for meassurments..I am not really sure. We use a different system here. I can say that right now I use a 85B bra..I went to meassure my underbust though and it was 95 cm so I dont know..When it comes to meassurments I'm kinda new to it..
If your underbust is 95 cm (so 37") then you'd be in between a 36 and 38 band size if you were to order from the UK. That sounds about right if you're in a 85 band size because European sizes tend to be about two band sizes too big (so a 95 cm would need about an 85 band size). A better indicator, though, is if you see the band riding up on your back (it should sit flat) and it should be tight enough that you can't pull it far away from your body.

FWIW, my underbust measures as 78cm and it looks like I normally need about a 70 (or possibly even 65) band in Europe.

As for the B cup, I'm not sure... How do the cups fit? Do you get the four-boob effect at all? Do your cups wrinkle? Do your wires in the middle sit flat, stick out, or poke you? Do the wires on the side encase all of your breast tissue?
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #22  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Well technically I have the same grande-scale cup size. I'm wearing a 36F right now, though technically I should be in a 34G. I started out at a 44J. But I have to say, irrespective my boobs have shrunk and gotten flatter/more slipper-like unfortunately and lost a lot of fullness especially up top.

On the plus, side though, I feel like in a good bra, I look wayyyyy better in clothes and it's not as if my boobs have ever been perky enough not to need a solid bra and at least they're healthy, thank God. And in encouragement, another friend who started off as a B cup (maybe 42 B) ended up a D cup (30D) after weightloss with according to her about the same volume of boob.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:13 AM   #23  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

I've always had very small breasts (size A), and it doesn't seem that they've changed sizes from 200 pounds to 170. It may be just me, but they do seem to be very slightly better in proportion to my smaller size. Nevertheless, yes, still very small if not smaller. But as someone said above, it's easier to wear a padded bra than that extra weight. Don't let it deter you!
PollifaxFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #24  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

Height: 5'6

ive lost just over 50 lbs and when i started i was like a 44DD now im a 36D but ive always had large breasts since i was 12 lol so i think it depends on how your body is composed. i would actually prefer smaller perky ones.... mine have lost that 'fun bag' quality i think lol
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #25  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

nile i have the same measurements as you. before i was 85-90C or D depended on the bra and the brand but after i lost weight i lost my boobies first and i have very long torso and wide chest so my boobs were really small and really apart before but after i lost weight they were even more apart and saggy. now i gained again and they somewhere in the middle. i have hard time in finding a bra that fits because i have all excess weight on my back so if the cup fits the underbust doesn't fit and viceversa. so i wear heavy padded bra which makes my boobs look nice but it's so tight around that i have muffin tops on the back :/
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

I've gone from a 38E to a 34F, so the haven't shrunk as such but they are definitely less full than they were, and look a lot like spaniels ears now. A good bra makes all the difference though and I'd rather be slim and have less than perfect boobs than be overweight and unhealthy.
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130

Height: 5 foot

I've only lost 10 pounds so I can't say yet....But when I lost 40 pounds last time I was on WW, they didn't change That's part of the reason I'm loosing weight now.....I have a bad back due to my breasts.....I'm 5 foot tall and wear a 40G....I want a reduction and insurance won't pay for it until I'm a certain BMI. They think I'll loose them if I loose the weight, but I don't....they just look bigger because the rest of me looks smaller. Sadness.
KatRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

At my highest weight, I was still small chested. I would wear extra padded bras because I felt I looked weird being so round and wide around the chest, but not having boobs.

As I have lost weight, I have lost circumference, so I started off at 46" bra band, now I am a 38". I have lost about a half-cup size, I was a large B at my highest, now I'm a small B.

I look at it this way - I might loose some boobage, but that just means that at my fittest, I'm going to have a more athletic build and I'm OK with that. I just have to work to get my body to match my boobs!
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #29  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Augh!

Today I noticed my 34D wasn't fitting properly. "Strange," I thought, "I just bought this bra a little over a week ago and it fit perfectly."

I measured myself, I'm down to a 32" underbust. I'm going to need a 32DD I assume, or perhaps higher since I'm getting 38" or 39" for my bust, depending on whether I measure standing up or leaning forward...

Annoying. I thought I was just about done going down in bra sizes

Last edited by sontaikle; 11-10-2011 at 11:49 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #30  

Goodness KatRat! I have known a couple of people in my life that have had to do reduction because of the strain on their back. I hope you get to the BMI they want soon so you can have the reduction. I have no doubt your back hurts!
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote