Old 11-12-2011, 01:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Unhappy Will be on vaca this time next week...no game plan yet...HELP :(

Okay so next weekend my boyfriend and I are driving up to Disneyland for three whole days, I will be on my feet all day, every day. (We love DL, it's less than two hours from where I live but whenever we go it feels like the first time haha.) My boyfriend and I are usually in the park from when the gates open and until they close. So I'll be doing A TON of walking/standing/shuffling in line etc. I also plan to wear a HR monitor band/GPS thing that will track my calories burned...

But here is my dilemma...THE FOOD. You can imagine the food there is yummy, and we will be eating breakfast in the hotel (You know, the complimentary hot/cold breakfast thing they have set out every morning...Cereal, fruit, waffles, toast, bagels, muffins and two hot items usually an egg and potato dish and sausage/bacon of some sort) and then lunch and dinner will be in DL. I have NO game plan yet :/ I neeeed suggestions. Im doing SO good right now, but there is no way I can truly know the amount of calories I am putting in my mouth. I dont want to be too restrictive and stressed, but I also dont want to let loose so much that I lose focus on my goal and become fall back into my old habits once I return home.

Im usually SO excited to go to Disneyland but this whole eating/food thing is weighing on my mind and stressing me out.

EDIT: If it helps at all I am a calorie counter and currently at 1500 a day but let myself have more (if I need it) when I exercise

Last edited by whatupton; 11-12-2011 at 02:29 AM.
whatupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

OK, so Ratland has a lot more healthy options than it used to, but you do have to seek them out among the usual stuff.
This topic has come up before, so take a look at a previous thread HERE

Along with that, I have a couple suggestions:

1) fill up on fruit and protein (such as the eggs) at the complimentary breakfast - they will last you longer than the cereal/bagel/refined carbs and you won't get hungry so quickly afterward.

2) Take healthy snacks and water with you into the park. Maybe snag a banana from the breakfast spread and eat/drink them at regular intervals to avoid the ravenous hunger that results from dehydration and lots of walking in the sun.

3) Be aware of your food options in the park. This article discusses customizing the food (dressing on the side, etc) splitting portions with your companions, or ordering a kid's size to get the taste without the oversized portion. This one does too.

Finally, I would recommend treating yourself to something you really crave. You are on vacation, after all. So, be aware of your calories, keep hydrated and make smart choices, and you should be OK splitting a funnel cake with your sweetie or having a nice dinner in DT Disney. Moderation, in all things!

EDIT: Found another great resource! This blog post details a lot of the places inside DLand and California Adventure and what are good options on the menus etc.

Last edited by fromthebox; 11-12-2011 at 04:33 AM.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote